Vampiric Thirst by Miss Leeches

This probably isn't the place to be asking' date=' but since you guys seem to play vampires too, I might as well take a shot. I'm playing a YgNord (from the Pretty faces/Enhanced Character Edit mod), and became a vampire, but didn't get any change in eyes, so I made my character go all the way up to stage four, and still no vampire eyes. Any thoughts on this?

EDIT : Adding some extra info. I found out I can't feed either, and I looked into this and it's supposed to be caused by using showracemenu while vampire, however I haven't used showracemenu after becoming a vampire, only once or twice earlier in my save.

This is because when a character becomes a vampire her race actually changes to the vampire variant of the original race but sadly the matching and switching is not automatic. Vanilla vampirism doesn't account for custom race vampires at all and Vampiric Thirst requires the player to personally create a compatibility patch (there's instruction in the description) for all custom races she or he has installed. Sadly there isn't really an easy or elegant solution to that. If you'd like to play custom races as vampires you need to have at least a little modding knowledge.

But there's an easy way to do it using the console you just need to know the ID of the vampire variant of your race and type "player.setrace x" where x put the ID

I just watched that. I don't really understand what they are adding, but it looks pretty cool. It looked like you can become some kind of...demon/daedra and use crossbows. And hopefully they do something with the vanilla vampirism because we all know it's pretty bad at this time.

The transformation is actually the "vampire lord" I mentioned. At least that's how bethesda called it in the game jam video (

(which shows a lot more cool things too! I soooo want the cloth physics and my dirty mind wants flails too because that would allow to create whips ^^)) and it looks like it's going to be something a vampire player will be able to unlock if she or he joins forces with the vampires (Volkihar?) who apparently want to blot out the sun using the Elder Scrolls and "Dawnguard" looks like some kind of vampire hunters who want to stop them.

And I loooove crossbows! I'm so happy they're finally going to be included! Way more civilised way to say "stay away" than boring old bows (but not as much as firearms which in addition would look a lot more stylish too!) ^^

This probably isn't the place to be asking' date=' but since you guys seem to play vampires too, I might as well take a shot. I'm playing a YgNord (from the Pretty faces/Enhanced Character Edit mod), and became a vampire, but didn't get any change in eyes, so I made my character go all the way up to stage four, and still no vampire eyes. Any thoughts on this?

EDIT : Adding some extra info. I found out I can't feed either, and I looked into this and it's supposed to be caused by using showracemenu while vampire, however I haven't used showracemenu after becoming a vampire, only once or twice earlier in my save.

This is because when a character becomes a vampire her race actually changes to the vampire variant of the original race but sadly the matching and switching is not automatic. Vanilla vampirism doesn't account for custom race vampires at all and Vampiric Thirst requires the player to personally create a compatibility patch (there's instruction in the description) for all custom races she or he has installed. Sadly there isn't really an easy or elegant solution to that. If you'd like to play custom races as vampires you need to have at least a little modding knowledge.

But there's an easy way to do it using the console you just need to know the ID of the vampire variant of your race and type "player.setrace x" where x put the ID

I just watched that. I don't really understand what they are adding, but it looks pretty cool. It looked like you can become some kind of...demon/daedra and use crossbows. And hopefully they do something with the vanilla vampirism because we all know it's pretty bad at this time.

The transformation is actually the "vampire lord" I mentioned. At least that's how bethesda called it in the game jam video (

(which shows a lot more cool things too! I soooo want the cloth physics and my dirty mind wants flails too because that would allow to create whips ^^)) and it looks like it's going to be something a vampire player will be able to unlock if she or he joins forces with the vampires (Volkihar?) who apparently want to blot out the sun using the Elder Scrolls and "Dawnguard" looks like some kind of vampire hunters who want to stop them.

And I loooove crossbows! I'm so happy they're finally going to be included! Way more civilised way to say "stay away" than boring old bows (but not as much as firearms which in addition would look a lot more stylish too!) ^^

Watching the link you gave if they do even half the stuff not dealing with what we have already seen in the dawngaurd dlc trailer it would be epic. I haven't seen water arrows in any game but one and that was the game called thief and it was awesome. And that last little bit with the GIANT MUDCRAB was epic.

Watching the link you gave if they do even half the stuff not dealing with what we have already seen in the dawngaurd dlc trailer it would be epic. I haven't seen water arrows in any game but one and that was the game called thief and it was awesome. And that last little bit with the GIANT MUDCRAB was epic.

When you said GIANT MUDCRAB, I thought you meant giant mudcrab, like the kind we already have in mods. But that was GIANT MUDCRAB!

As for the firearms, at least it will be way easier on the modders to create something like that using the crossbow as a base.

While the vampire lords look uglier than the the ugliest thing I could possibly imagine playing as, the concept is pretty cool. In one scene, it looked like it was instantly exploding and consuming the blood in the bodies of some enemies, at a distance.

The magic and ranged killcams look a lot cooler than I would have expected.

I'm not adopting any of those hideous vanilla children.

And yes yes yes yes yes whips!

Does deadly strength has any effect on combat/stealth feeding? First I thought it does since it would be quite obvious imo but above lvl 30 npcs started chain resisting/slipping away :/

Yes... and no. It has an *indirect* effect by multiplying your unarmed damage (which is a factor in determining the overall chance of success) but... because the unarmed damage of most characters is so tiny in the first place the effect is actually minimal... I may need to directly account for "deadly strength" in calculations.

But anyways the most effect on your chances of success have yours and the victim's current health and stamina. Level itself plays no role but I know that sometimes leveled enemies can have those attributes silly inflated at high levels! (You can encounter common bandits with health pools over 500! That's ridiculous and the most annoying way of increasing difficulty EVER but try telling bethesda that...)

So if a high level enemy is resisting that means you need to rough her or him up first (frost spells are wonderful for this because they drain both health and stamina!)

By the by! I have a little announcement to make! I've already posted it on nexus but this topic is easier to keep track of so I'll repeat it here:

Anyways it looks like the current release is *mostly* clean of bugs now so that means... Soon I can finally concentrate on adding new features! So are there any things you guys would like to see in near future? (but please: *plausible* and *doable* things only!) For now I'm planning:

- A "masquerade" system that tracks how well known the player's vampirism is in each hold (moderately difficult to implement but I don't want to overcomplicate it)

- More configurable options (very easy and quick but may need rewriting some parts of the mod so I need to be careful about it, coming soon!)

- A few new powers and improvements to the existing powers (easy but VERY time consuming to implement!)

- Age stages with a little more variety (easy to implement but I need ideas)

- Ability to roleplay vampires of more advanced ages (from 6 (Ancilla) to 9 (Ancient)) with some unique features that would make the experience different from playing a young vampire (I'm thinking some amazing unlockable passive benefits younger vampires cannot access and new permanent weaknesses attached to them to make it more interesting). It will be both a starting option (I have an idea how to do it and still make starting as a mortal in Helgen plausible) and something for a normal vampire player (if she or he manages to lay her claws on a certain special Elder Scroll) I want to make it plausible and lore friendly either way (time consuming and moderately difficult but I'm very excited about this idea!)

- After the "masquerade" system is done a friendly vampire society potentially with a questline. My idea for the questline is a territorial conflict between the Cyrodiil Vampyrum Order and the native Volkihar clan while the at first clanless vampires (like the player) are caught in between. Similar to the mortal Empire versus Stormcloaks conflict but less an open battle and more a (freezing) cold war of influence. But I'm going to wait for Dawnguard first before I decide on details! It looks like it will feature some sort of its own vampire society and I want to make sure that it's accounted for and there are no conflicts with the plot of the expansion! (difficult to implement because I've never done quests before and very time consuming but should be fun to do and I'm full of ideas)

Earlier, I said NPC need to quote. I mean they need to say more random things related to you being vampire.

Like if you kill a lot of people and suck their blood around and in Whiterun, there is a need mention of "Lately, there are a lot of vampire attack in the area, it happened around the same times you visit here, so you need to be careful."

Or something like that.

Also, the jump ability I mention, it is similar to this:

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=12930

In this mods, you get straight to the mark you set up. However, if you can change it into a jump with arc direction, it will be one of the coolest mods ever.

Furthermore, if you can set up 2 marks at once, you can hops from 1 mark to another. That would be really epic like jumping from building to building or jump up mountain like ninja ;p

Anyways it looks like the current release is *mostly* clean of bugs now so that means... Soon I can finally concentrate on adding new features! So are there any things you guys would like to see in near future? (but please: *plausible* and *doable* things only!) For now I'm planning:

I posted this a couple of weeks ago and I don't think it was addressed so I'll repost it:

I was wondering if the skin changing color was working as intended. There are a number of vampire mods for Oblivion that had a myriad of features, but one of my favorites was a small cosmetic change that caused the PC's skin color to become pale whenever they got hungry or, in this mod's case, starved and then return to a normal coloration after feeding. In any event, I will probably end up trying the showracemenu and seeing if my skin becomes pale again and stays that way, but I am curious about how the mod handles skin color changes.

I'm honestly not sure how doable this is, but I would love to have this feature available.

Thanks so much for this mod. It's great fun. :)

The thing I most want to see is a Vampire faction with quests. Vampire hunters coming after you, fellow vampires who want to enslave you, fellow vampires who want to be your companions, fellow vampires who need your help.

Powers are awesome, and I like what you've done, but the really interesting stuff is always story, at least for my play style.

Does deadly strength has any effect on combat/stealth feeding? First I thought it does since it would be quite obvious imo but above lvl 30 npcs started chain resisting/slipping away :/

Yes... and no. It has an *indirect* effect by multiplying your unarmed damage (which is a factor in determining the overall chance of success) but... because the unarmed damage of most characters is so tiny in the first place the effect is actually minimal... I may need to directly account for "deadly strength" in calculations.

But anyways the most effect on your chances of success have yours and the victim's current health and stamina. Level itself plays no role but I know that sometimes leveled enemies can have those attributes silly inflated at high levels! (You can encounter common bandits with health pools over 500! That's ridiculous and the most annoying way of increasing difficulty EVER but try telling bethesda that...)

So if a high level enemy is resisting that means you need to rough her or him up first (frost spells are wonderful for this because they drain both health and stamina!)

Righto, cheers mate.

I posted this a couple of weeks ago and I don't think it was addressed so I'll repost it:

I was wondering if the skin changing color was working as intended. There are a number of vampire mods for Oblivion that had a myriad of features' date=' but one of my favorites was a small cosmetic change that caused the PC's skin color to become pale whenever they got hungry or, in this mod's case, starved and then return to a normal coloration after feeding. In any event, I will probably end up trying the showracemenu and seeing if my skin becomes pale again and stays that way, but I am curious about how the mod handles skin color changes.

I'm honestly not sure how doable this is, but I would love to have this feature available.

[/quote']

Ooops missed it!

Aaanyways it is doable but I don't want to do it. One reason is because I wouldn't like to step on racial overhauls' toes and the way vampirism in skyrim works (it actually changes your race a vampiric duplicate of the original race (with paler skin) when you get changed) makes it really easy to create conflicts. I'm only focusing on the *technical* and *lore* stuff and leave aesthetics and racial things to mods that deal with them specifically. My mod doesn't modify, touch in any bad way or even look at those things for now.

And the other reason is because I really really don't like when something changes how my lovingly sculpted character looks without my consent and I would feel awful doing that to other people. There are already SKSE functions that I thinky allow to manipulate character's appearance with scripts so what you described could probably be doable even without messing with races but like I said I wouldn't like to force it on people. Maybe someday as an optional plugin but right now I really do not feel like it I'm sorry.

By the by I just uploaded a new version! It includes the deadly strength fix for combat feeding I promised, more control over the ageing process, a more accurate way to assess hunger and also a new way of feeding which I call "non lethal hostile feeding" but that's such a mouthful so I thinky I'll just reduce it to "bite rape" because that's basically how it works. Enjoy! ^^

Ooops! This is embarrassing! I was so excited with version 1.6 that I forgot to include the right scripts in the archive! I'm so sorry' date=' it's fixed now! ^^

[/quote']

i think most modders end up doing that at one point or another lol

...the way vampirism in skyrim works (it actually changes your race a vampiric duplicate of the original race (with paler skin) when you get changed) makes it really easy to create conflicts

I thought it worked something like that. It sucks that Bethesda made it that way' date=' but I understand your reasoning for not changing it.

...Maybe someday as an optional plugin but right now I really do not feel like it I'm sorry.

That's cool. Whether you eventually make a plugin or not, thanks for the mod!

Thanks so much for this mod. It's great fun. :)

The thing I most want to see is a Vampire faction with quests. Vampire hunters coming after you' date=' fellow vampires who want to enslave you, fellow vampires who want to be your companions, fellow vampires who need your help.

Powers are awesome, and I like what you've done, but the really interesting stuff is always story, at least for my play style.

[/quote']

Aww I would so love it too! It's actually all planned but before I get into the more roleplaying related aspects I want the system to be prepared to handle it right. IT's one thing to write a compelling story and another to make it feel like you're really taking part in it, like it's really happening in that world and having a tangible effect on it! The "masquerade" feature I'm going to introduce soon is going to play an important role in the questline and VT enhancements for npc vampires are going to help me make the characters I'd love to introduce really *feel* like fellow vampires sharing the player's plight.

On another note I reuploaded version 1.61! It now includes the tiniest fix ever that I didn't feel even deserved its own update (really! the update is just a comma, a space and a zero in one little script! which wouldn't even be needed if papyrus worked like it should!) that I missed earlier. Feeding on corpses should be possible again now. Anyone who downloaded version 1.61 earlier please download it again!

Will you be adding any new hostile NPCs or changing the existing vampires to be any different? I really like the sound of this mod, and it would be cool if NPC vamps also had new abilities. Vampire hunter patrols and more (strong) vampires spawning at night would be great too.

Will you be adding any new hostile NPCs or changing the existing vampires to be any different? I really like the sound of this mod' date=' and it would be cool if NPC vamps also had new abilities. Vampire hunter patrols and more (strong) vampires spawning at night would be great too.

[/quote']

I will! I actually already have a framework in place for it. For now the npcs just have age benefits similar to player's based on their level, are affected by sun damage (except the special quest related npcs like Alva!) and other basic weaknesses and benefits. But I'm planning to expand it a lot more. They will have access to some of the powers that player can unlock and hopefully proper AI to use them.

But I think I'll wait for Dawnguard before I do anything big related to npcs! I'd rather be sure beforehand that my system won't break anything than have to fix it after the fact.

Ohhhh! And speaking of dawnguard I just found this picture!

e3-2012-skyrim-dawnguard-screenshots.jpg

It looks like I was right! The vampire lord thingy will be a layer on top of vanilla vampirism instead of a total redesign so making it compatible with my system should be very easy! I'll probably only need to add a few lines to my scripts to account for the lord transformation and possibly apply some adjustments to the new content (so the vampire lord form can access VT feeding system too) Awh and of course replace my placeholder animations with real combat feeding that will come with the expansion ^^

~~Leeches skulks away to update her evil schemes~~

I love this so much! I can't wait to play as a vampire, and I agree with Old Book, I really look forward to vampire specific quests and factions.

An idea occurred to me (and sorry if you've already addressed this), but what about a vampiric ability to sense their own kind? Like you go into a tavern or inn and turn on the power, and if there are any other vampires around there'll be an aura around them. It would come in handy if you were looking to hook up with others of your own kind or join one of the factions.

Anyway, really looking forward to this! Thanks for making this, you're awesome!

nice pic...

i hope the perk isnt retarded... course if it is will just redo the perk :D

will see what dawngaurd is going to be like as far as upgrading and changing scripting etc. hopefully it wont be as bad as arguing with the CK to begin with anyways.