Adding new animations

halieslade

Hello all!  I just recently downloaded the promising-looking FunnyBizness Animations.

I'm eager to get the new animations into my Skyrim build,  and I even downloaded the SexLab Animations Loader (SLAL) and installed it with MO.

Now I'm stuck.  I know that animations typically belong in the ...\Skyrim\Data\Meshes\Character\Actors\Animations folder,  or normally do, but within my vanilla Animations folder there are no animations beyond the out-of-the-box stuff.  In my MO virtual folder, I have an \overwrite folder that doesn't show any existing animations and a \mods folder that doesn't show any, either.  

I'm completely at a loss as to how to add the new FunnyBiz animations into my game, and the Readme.txt file that came with the animations is distinctly unhelpful in this regard as is Googling the general topic of adding custom animations in Skyrim with MO.

Can someone please point me to something or provide some help on where my new animations go?  I am capable of re-registering everything in t he game with SLAL once I have them unpacked.  I just don't know what Step 1 is.

Thanks in advance!

Shamelessly stolen from here.

• First, install SexLab Animations Loader (SLAL) and all it's requirements under the "Dependencies for Users".
  • Download the desired packs that you wish to load (see the support thread for details on what the packs contain).
  • Install each pack one by one. If you use Mod Organizer, the should be installed as a proirity below SLAL. If you use NMM, they should be installed after SLAL is installed. If you install manually via drag and drop (not recommended) any Meshes, Textures or SLAnims folders and their contents must be installed inside the Data folder. Ensure that all files are there as sometimes the .json files are not added correctly in the process.
  • Run "FNIS For Users" to update your animations lists.
  • Load your game.
  • Visit the SL Anims MCM menu and select the animations you wish to load.
  • Select "Register" to add them to SexLab.

Following these instructions will get the animations in game. If you cannot get them in game, there may be an issue with your setup.

Shamelessly stolen from here.

• First, install SexLab Animations Loader (SLAL) and all it's requirements under the "Dependencies for Users".
  • Download the desired packs that you wish to load (see the support thread for details on what the packs contain).
  • Install each pack one by one. If you use Mod Organizer, the should be installed as a proirity below SLAL. If you use NMM, they should be installed after SLAL is installed. If you install manually via drag and drop (not recommended) any Meshes, Textures or SLAnims folders and their contents must be installed inside the Data folder. Ensure that all files are there as sometimes the .json files are not added correctly in the process.
  • Run "FNIS For Users" to update your animations lists.
  • Load your game.
  • Visit the SL Anims MCM menu and select the animations you wish to load.
  • Select "Register" to add them to SexLab.

Following these instructions will get the animations in game. If you cannot get them in game, there may be an issue with your setup.

Thank you very much, Leito88.  I'm ok with your instructions except for "Install each pack one by one".  I have the animation pack (in this case, Funnybizness' pack).  It's in folder/subfolder form and MO gives me one of those familiar and annoying "no game at upper level" warnings when I try to install it within MO.

So my real question here is "What's the best way to install the animation packs?  If I install using MO, will SLAL be able to find them when I register the new files?

Thanks again!

I'm not familiar with Mod Organizer but the installation process is the same as most other mods.

I'm sorry to report that MO refuses to install the animation pack as is.  Either I need to extract all the sub folders first, or do the whole operation outside of MO.

I'm at a total loss.

I would suggest to use this pack FunnyBizness&Anub's SLAL Pack

Thank you Arhon!

Not a problem have fun :)

Oh, I plan to :)   I had installed the Funnybiz animations manually but didn't like what happened - it replaced all of my default crouch and sneak animations, even my stand.  I was too impatient last night to go through and change all of them, but I promised myself that as soon as I have the time and patience I will figure these customization tools out. 

My motto: "Skyrim can never be too perfect, even if I screw things up."

Archived