Removing Clipping from outfits in Outfit Studio question

Ok so I've been doing alot of converting outfits over the last week or so but it just occured of me to ask.

so when your in Outfit studio and your looking at your outfit on your UUNP body and up clode it looks like there are no clipping issues

post-1003392-0-51353400-1457645994_thumb.png

But then when zoomed out you can see parts of the body though the outfit

post-1003392-0-40618300-1457646037_thumb.png

My question is does this matter?

It's a little rendering issue with the program, but not clipping (z-buffer conflicts).

It does mean the armor is closer to the body than usual, but it isn't clipping yet, if it's only there while zoomed out.

You could increase the size a little just to be 100% sure, but you don't have to.

If there's clipping in-game but the sliders look fine, it's the bone weighting.

And yes, Dagren's suggestion can help a lot at times.

Many times if I have to throw something that I just ran through mesh rigger back into outfit studio I usually have to throw it right back into mesh rigger after getting back out of outfit studio as it likes to break things and you usually end up having a spazzing pile of crap so you have to run it through mesh rigger again to fix what it breaks. Also keep your original safe just in case the body is stretching/spazing then you can replace the bad with the good.

You can also do this make a copy of something that is clipping then keep it safe and make another copy of it if the clipping isn't really bad just shrink the body mesh in those areas till it's gone then though it into the clothing converter using a copy of the body in the nif as your from template file then grab a copy of the body from the one that you saved and use that as your to template. This way the bad shrunk body will be converted back to the way it was before the shrinking and it will also pop those clipping areas out and they will no longer be clipping just make sure the clipping isn't really really bad or warppage is what you will get. If it is clipping bad make your copy to save then tweak that area to decrease the clipping more then so the above.

It might.

But leave it for after you have run it through Mesh Rigger then look at them in game.

AddmenuItem and Coc Qasmoke room are good methods to check em out fast.

Alright thanks for the advice.

It's a little rendering issue with the program, but not clipping (z-buffer conflicts).

It does mean the armor is closer to the body than usual, but it isn't clipping yet, if it's only there while zoomed out.

You could increase the size a little just to be 100% sure, but you don't have to.

If there's clipping in-game but the sliders look fine, it's the bone weighting.

And yes, Dagren's suggestion can help a lot at times.

Ah its a rendering issue gotcha, and clipping that does end up occuring in game is usually a Bone Weight issue which can be fixed in Mesh Rigger. I think I understand now.

I advise to use zap slider to cut the body meshes underneath the clothing/armor.

It fixes 99% of the clippings, especially useful when cloth is low poly

Zap Slider?

4th button on the top row in outfit studio. Select it and what you mouse over will turn black. Once you have what you want black click brush tne invert mask next click slider and select make zap slider then save project as and name it. Find the name you gave it in the outfit/body spot in bodyslide click your zap slider and what you zapped will be removed then build. Make sure you remember to invert each thing you do it to or it will not be deleted but instead will be kept.

I don't know what that is but awesome :D

4th button on the top row in outfit studio. Select it and what you mouse over will turn black. Once you have what you want black click brush tne invert mask next click slider and select make zap slider then save project as and name it. Find the name you gave it in the outfit/body spot in bodyslide click your zap slider and what you zapped will be removed then build. Make sure you remember to invert each thing you do it to or it will not be deleted but instead will be kept.

So a Zap Slider is used to delete parts of a mesh? does this mean it'll work on the Body? I've been trying to see if I could convert Edhildils Dwemer Cyborg outfit to UUNP for a whiule but couldn't figure out how to remove bodyparts for the Mechanical parts.

Old: http://i.imgur.com/WfSAzBR.png

New: http://i.imgur.com/eMx1akd.png

(if you're a person from the future, I might remove these images from my imgur at some point)

Screenshots are that small intentionally, else the issue wouldn't happen.

Those images don't seem to work.

Those images don't seem to work.

You have to copy/paste the links into a new tab manually.

Imgur is currently blocking LoversLab as a referrer.

Oh I see... I still don't know what those are lol but if its making Bodyslide & Outfit Studio better then Awesome :D

Just get the firefox/chrome workaround addon that prevents imgur from blocking links on LL.

The imgur workaround is on LL somewhere.

Yes zap sliders are for removing parts of a mesh. If a body is clipping and it's really bad it's better to zap the body instead of trying to increase the outfits mesh as it tends to end up looking like shit.

Just get the firefox/chrome workaround addon that prevents imgur from blocking links on LL.

The imgur workaround is on LL somewhere.

Yes zap sliders are for removing parts of a mesh. If a body is clipping and it's really bad it's better to zap the body instead of trying to increase the outfits mesh as it tends to end up looking like shit.

Seems incredibly useful. I'll have to have a play around with it.

Archived