Path of Exile

Nonsense667

Trailer:

[video=youtube]

WTF Is... - Path of Exile?:

[video=youtube]

http://www.pathofexile.com/

Path of Exile is a free online-only action role-playing game set in the dark fantasy world of Wraeclast. It is currently under development by Grinding Gear Games in New Zealand. New players are being added continuously to the Closed Beta Test.

Game Features

• Completely free to download and play
  • A persistent online world capable of supporting hundreds of thousands of players
  • A dark and gritty game world rendered from a fixed 3D perspective
  • Battle dozens of foes across a variety of unique areas
  • Randomly generated levels and items for extreme replayability
  • Online ranking and ladders for every game mode
  • Visceral combat with dozens of combinable skills
  • Battle in PVP tournaments for worldwide recognition

Just recently started looking into this, it looks like it could be quite fun. Apparently it goes into open beta in June.

"The crowd-funding presales mean Path of Exile will enter Open Beta in June with three acts of content."

Any one got a spare beta key? ;)

Yepp, it's an awesome Action-RPG alternative.

I probably lost more than 20 characters on HC already. The game is pure fun and is getting constatly updated by the devs, which are absolutely bro-tier.

And sorry, got no beta-key. But I can assure you that this game IS MORE WORTH than just 5€!

Question to dongding or anyone who has played the game, which of the melee classes do you recommend to play as a "standard fighter?" Which is what I usually like to do, just use a sword and shield/two handed sword and medium/heavy armor. I am not just looking for stats and skills, I would also like your recommendation based on the "feel" of the character. Which one feels more like a fighter?

Another thing, you can dig around in the forum and eventually find conformation on this, but you would think that they would have it posted officially somewhere as to how exactly you get your beta invite. They have the timer set up, but they don't tell you what happens when your name pops up. Would it be that difficult to put in the FAQ "When your name comes up, you will automatically be emailed?"

Question to dongding or anyone who has played the game' date=' which of the melee classes do you recommend to play as a "standard fighter?" Which is what I usually like to do, just use a sword and shield/two handed sword and medium/heavy armor. I am not just looking for stats and skills, I would also like your recommendation based on the "feel" of the character. Which one feels more like a fighter?[/quote']

The cool thing about PoE is that every class can play anything, but if you want to go for a pure and strong fighter, I'd recommend to play a Marauder since he has earlier access to stun, 1h & 2h weapon, shield, life and armor boost (elite) passive skills.

There is also a Duellist class which is a combination of Dexterity + Strenght, which means: Earlier access to Sword, Axe, Parry, Dual Wield and life boost (elite) passive skills.

Nevertheless, both of them feel pretty awesome to play with.

Another thing' date=' you can dig around in the forum and eventually find conformation on this, but you would think that they would have it posted officially somewhere as to how exactly you get your beta invite. They have the timer set up, but they don't tell you what happens when your name pops up. Would it be that difficult to put in the FAQ "When your name comes up, you will automatically be emailed?"[/quote']

A pm with your beta code will be sent to your account inbox (and you'll also get a notitication, sent to your email address which you combined with your PoE account).

Hahaha, this post for the win!

I'm hooked on the damn invite timer. It's like a car accident' date=' I CAN'T STOP LOOKING!

If the game is half as good as the invite timer it will be epic.[/quote']

@dongding: Thanks for the class recommendations.

• 6 months later...

Archived