Live Another Life Harkon's Court Start Bugged

Yuni

I know this mod is one heavily used by this forum, so I figured I'd ask for help here in addition to the Nexus comment thread.

TL/DR: Everyone in Harkon's castle thinks I'm not a vampire and I can't feed when using this start.

I can't get this start to work right. I have Better Vampires, and everything seems to go okay at first... I can transform, I have vampire buffs/debuffs, and Harkon talks normally to me. He tells me to go talk to the other vampire minion to get my quest.

EVERYONE in the castle acts like I lost Lord Harkon's gift. I can't feed off of thralls. I can ask Serana to make me a vampire.

I tried having Serana bite me. I tried using Better Vampires to reset both my vampirism and vampire lord status, then having Lord Harkon 'give me the gift' again. Everyone STILL thinks I'm not a vampire.

Something is very, very wrong here, I still can't feed, and I can't freaking figure it out.

Hell, Better Vampires upgraded to version 7.1 just last month, it's up to date, so is Live Another Life. Would a papyrus log help? Here's a papyrus log.

Papyrus.0.log

I'm going to try starting, then installing better vampires AFTER I get the start going.

Don't even have Better Vampires installed. Still breaks. Can't feed. Everyone thinks I'm human. The fuck?

Edit: Call it a shot in the dark... a huge shot in the dark... but...

Sexlab Solutions? When I first wake up in front of Harkon, it starts normal dialogue and one of the things I can ask him is if he'd like to make me a vampire by fucking me. I'm gonna try without it. Just a shot in the dark though.

Are you using a custom race? I've noticed that for some of these, even if they are supported by the Race Compatibility mod, the race won't have the correct keywords to be considered a full vampire by the game - which the two lacking keywords control feeding. You might have to select the "Custom Race" option in the Better Vampires MCM if so, under the Troubleshooting submenu.

Not sure how well this works, since I've only tested it once.

I'm actually a nord, but you are onto something. I just noticed I have human eyes. No fangs. I use racemenu, but for some reason It never made me into a vampire RACE when I started. Huh. I wonder how to fix this. Gonna try... setrace. Might break my looks... but let's see.

I open MCM. I'm just Nord. Not NordVampire. Something is preventing my race from changing. Huh.

I'm actually a nord, but you are onto something. I just noticed I have human eyes. No fangs. I use racemenu, but for some reason It never made me into a vampire RACE when I started. Huh. I wonder how to fix this. Gonna try... setrace. Might break my looks... but let's see.

I open MCM. I'm just Nord. Not NordVampire. Something is preventing my race from changing. Huh.

It's probably not LAL or Better Vampires, since those two should work perfectly for either the Vampire start, or starting in Harkon's Court.

I'd imagine that Royal Bloodline, Dynamic Vampire Appearance or Predator Vision(though this can have the problem if not working if using LAL, since it's scripts/quests are likely tied to or depend on the MQ starting right away - it has to be removed and re-added to work if the problem occurs) would not cause the problem either, if used.

So it probably is some other mod being used.

I couldn't really figure out what was doing it, but I opened up the creation kit, flagged "NordRaceVampire" (female) as 'playable', saved the tiny mod, and just set my race as that from the word go. Close enough.

Thanks for the attempt at help, friends~ You did help point me in the right direction.

Archived