[mod] [CK2] Dark World: Reborn - Updated 13APR2024

Hello @dewguru!

Bug report:

-There is something wrong with the war campaigning/encounter events, they won't seem to fire...

I'm over 150 years of gameplay and no ambushes, no sparring nothing!

Every event that is in the "Drax70_encounter_events.txt" file won't fire! ?

40 minutes ago, Drax70 said:

Hello @dewguru!

Bug report:

-There is something wrong with the war campaigning/encounter events, they won't seem to fire...

I'm over 150 years of gameplay and no ambushes, no sparring nothing!

Every event that is in the "Drax70_encounter_events.txt" file won't fire! ?

Try increasing the line in the dw_on_action file that says:

100 = Drax70_encounter.50 # Potential events while in command

Change that 100 to something like 10000 and see if it triggers for you at all. You'll need to be at war, and in command of your troops, with no injuries and no homosexual trait. Look for it to trigger around the new year, when the game runs through it's on_action annual checks.

I'm wondering it's simply a case were we may need to increase the occurrence of it.

14 hours ago, dewguru said:

Try increasing the line in the dw_on_action file that says:

100 = Drax70_encounter.50 # Potential events while in command

Change that 100 to something like 10000 and see if it triggers for you at all. You'll need to be at war, and in command of your troops, with no injuries and no homosexual trait. Look for it to trigger around the new year, when the game runs through it's on_action annual checks.

I'm wondering it's simply a case were we may need to increase the occurrence of it.

Ok, if it fires, and it fires at least once, I'll be happy for it! I'll let you know otherwise...!

Edit: Ok, 1000 is perfect!

Edit 2: Another bug:

The reynor_events fire twice...!

Thanks! :)

13 hours ago, DarkAllinor said:

I have found the problem but don't know how ro fix it. I updated to v1.85 but still i can't get the hero/villain-traits. I have the decision and the event and then happens nothing. There are no trait icons und i don't get the hero/villains-events.

I have tested all the dwr traits via the console.

Only the following appeared in my character menu. All the rest not. What can i do about this?

mage, assassin, monster hunter, branded slave, futa, virgin, trap, tentacle, orc, elf, genie, vampire, platypi, beast_lover

6 hours ago, Drax70 said:

Ok, if it fires, and it fires at least once, I'll be happy for it! I'll let you know otherwise...!

Edit: Ok, 1000 is perfect!

Edit 2: Another bug:

The reynor_events fire twice...!

Thanks! :)

What Raynor events? The new ones? It could be possible for it to fire multiple times if there are multiple women who meet the criteria at the location. The way the on_actions run, isn't for the conqueror, but rather everyone one at the location that was defeated. If there are matches, then the individual kicks over an event to the victor. So the only way it should double run, is if there are multiple qualifying individuals.

3 hours ago, Drax70 said:

I fixed Reynor event pictures:

raynor_pictures_fixed.rar 922.77 kB · 4 downloads

And for anyone enterested, the Lewd alternatives:

reynor_lewd_alternatives.rar 749.39 kB · 2 downloads

@dewguru, you can include those with my alternative pictures if you like!!!

?

If the event pictures were jacked up at all, it's my fault. Raynor provided me the images, and I probably just mass converted them with the others I had, without first doing the proper placement and cuts.

I'll add your alts to the alternative load and repost it.

6 hours ago, DarkAllinor said:

I have tested all the dwr traits via the console.

Only the following appeared in my character menu. All the rest not. What can i do about this?

mage, assassin, monster hunter, branded slave, futa, virgin, trap, tentacle, orc, elf, genie, vampire, platypi, beast_lover

Everything you're describing indicates a broken installation. I've got no other real advice to offer you.

3 hours ago, dewguru said:

What Raynor events? The new ones? It could be possible for it to fire multiple times if there are multiple women who meet the criteria at the location. The way the on_actions run, isn't for the conqueror, but rather everyone one at the location that was defeated. If there are matches, then the individual kicks over an event to the victor. So the only way it should double run, is if there are multiple qualifying individuals.

Nevermind, I didn't notice that it fired for two deferent women...! False alarm sorry!

If the event pictures were jacked up at all, it's my fault. Raynor provided me the images, and I probably just mass converted them with the others I had, without first doing the proper placement and cuts.

No problem, I fixed them for you! ?

Edit: I found a bug with those events. When I decide to imprison the "spoils" of war/siege, they move to the lord's/lady's county dungeon not in mine...!

Edit 2: Bug report:

-I still get the event "dw_slave.81" that uses the native character window and not the new one with the larger picture! This is not fixed or it suppose to be like this? I can find you a character_event picture if you like...!

Thanks!

3 hours ago, Drax70 said:

Nevermind, I didn't notice that it fired for two deferent women...! False alarm sorry!

No problem, I fixed them for you! ?

Edit: I found a bug with those events. When I decide to imprison the "spoils" of war/siege, they move to the lord's/lady's county dungeon not in mine...!

Edit 2: Bug report:

-I still get the event "dw_slave.81" that uses the native character window and not the new one with the larger picture! This is not fixed or it suppose to be like this? I can find you a character_event picture if you like...!

Thanks!

I could see where the imprison command could get confused. Should be easy enough to fix.

Once again - dw_slave.81 - if it is popping up as an actual event window, then it's due to your notifications. It should be appearing over on the left hand side as a quick notification, or whatever the proper name for them is. I've zero interest in altering that event. If the issue is that it has a large image, then no worries, I can put in a small generic image for it.

Update posted.

There is also an updated file of Drax70's alternate images uploaded as well.

v1.86a (Dark World Reborn)
    - Corrected the issue where I did not properly resize the images Jim Raynor provided me.
    - Updated the imprison command use to hopefully move the target into the proper prison.
    - Reduced the slave pay image for those who have their notifications set-up in such a way that it spawns as an event instead of a notification.

30 minutes ago, dewguru said:

Once again - dw_slave.81 - if it is popping up as an actual event window, then it's due to your notifications. It should be appearing over on the left hand side as a quick notification, or whatever the proper name for them is. I've zero interest in altering that event. If the issue is that it has a large image, then no worries, I can put in a small generic image for it.

Oh ok then, but I'm not sure how and which kind of notifications should be adjusted to make it fire up on the left hand side as a quick notification. It will take me a lot of time fiddling with them in the game menu to get to this... ?

And no, I kinda like the big image with the prostitute! Just add the line window = "BiggerEventWindow" and be done with it!!! It's a big deal geting your money from the prostitutes anyway!!! lol ?

1 hour ago, Drax70 said:

Oh ok then, but I'm not sure how and which kind of notifications should be adjusted to make it fire up on the left hand side as a quick notification. It will take me a lot of time fiddling with them in the game menu to get to this... ?

Ug. I meant the right hand side. Those little windows. Otherwise, you're looking at a potential shit ton of event windows popping up if you've a bunch of workers

3 minutes ago, Seryuu13 said:

Do you have any plans to port this mod to CK3?

It's way too early to commit to anything like that. Hell, I had grand ideas for Stellaris, then found that I didn't enjoy modding it much, so I never uploaded the work I did.

I'm still doing tests in CK3. I'm fidgeting around with some ideas, and if something gets posted soon, it'll be simple.

9 minutes ago, dewguru said:

It's way too early to commit to anything like that. Hell, I had grand ideas for Stellaris, then found that I didn't enjoy modding it much, so I never uploaded the work I did.

I'm still doing tests in CK3. I'm fidgeting around with some ideas, and if something gets posted soon, it'll be simple.

I deleted the question after seeing your comments on the previous page about this. But thanks for answering again ?

38 minutes ago, yangy said:

The latest version seems to have a problem, namely when i choose between being a hero or villan, the trait is invisable.

Just tested it, and it's working fine for me. New game, random ruler, did the decision, choose villain, and the trait was visible for me.

1 hour ago, MagnaSonic3000 said:

Are there any other characters besides Deadpool, Venom, some characters from X-Men and the like from Marvel? Maybe I'm just unlucky but I mostly have DC characters. Though it seems the DC side at least is mostly women, as there are more males on the Marvel side.

Aside from the Incredibles, who are just kinda there.

Some are random and some need special events like visit the tavern and look around.

It also depends what side have you chosen, Hero or Villain.

I also got Cat woman in a Ball event! Some others drag others to your court through an event!

Just be patient and you will find them all eventually... ?

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Drax70 said:

Some are random and some need special events like visit the tavern and look around.

It also depends what side have you chosen, Hero or Villain.

I also got Cat woman in a Ball event! Some others drag others to your court through an event!

Just be patient and you will find them all eventually... ?

Thanks!

One quick note regarding heroes and villains. I grew up more of a Marvel fan than a DC fan. However, in terms of cool female villains that had images to pull from, Marvel is sorely lacking when compared to DC. So, in many cases, image selection drove my decision points on who to add.

Bug report:

- I'm a Celibate King of Norse pagan Denmark and I try to visit my concubine. I'm confronted by my wife who is very horny and I pick the third option, for a threesome...

It says that I have 25% chance ( a little odd percentage after I chose a threesome, this should be above 60%, anyway... ) to become lustful and.... lucky me I do become lustful, expecting to lose the celibate trait...

But no, I'm both celibate AND lustful leader now...! ?:classic_angry:

4 hours ago, Drax70 said:

Bug report:

- I'm a Celibate King of Norse pagan Denmark and I try to visit my concubine. I'm confronted by my wife who is very horny and I pick the third option, for a threesome...

It says that I have 25% chance ( a little odd percentage after I chose a threesome, this should be above 60%, anyway... ) to become lustful and.... lucky me I do become lustful, expecting to lose the celibate trait...

But no, I'm both celibate AND lustful leader now...! ?:classic_angry:

Shame on you. Celibacy is based on one's faith. You shouldn't have been seeking to visit your concubine anyway! A bug well deserved I must say. ?

1 hour ago, MagnaSonic3000 said:

You'd think there'd be at least one good image of Black Cat. ;-;

As of right now, I think the only notable Marvel female character in the mod right now is Mary Jane, unless there's a few hidden ones.

Black Cat isn't really a villain. She's on the side of good more often than even Cat Woman. I myself enjoy playing as a villain more often than the hero, so, therefore, I need villains to recruit. Once again, DC has better female villains than Marvel. Therefore I add them. From there, the cross over images tend to be other DC heroes. Thus why more DC heroes make it in. My favorite heroes from the comics (not movies) are the X-Men and Spider-Man stable. Mystique might be the best female villain there, and she the amount of rule 34 images related to her is meager when compared to other DC female villains.

X-23, Rogue, Black Widow, Mystique. There are others in the mod. They were just added later in the process since there was less of them. Not certain off hand if Black Cat made it. I had something lined up for her, but it may have not made it in.