[mod] [CK2] Dark World: Reborn - Updated 13APR2024

1 hour ago, dewguru said:

You can edit DWCore.8000, and find where the werekin trait was commented out, and put add_trait = werewolf there for the time being.

For those like me who had to look real hard and got confused, the line commented is under "half breed".

# TODO add_trait = werekin

3 minutes ago, bicobus said:

For those like me who had to look real hard and got confused, the line commented is under "half breed".

# TODO add_trait = werekin

Yes, an interim fix is to create a new indented line under the commented section and put the following: add_trait = werewolf

If someone simply uncomments the line, it'll cause more issues as the werekin trait isn't in there yet (but it'll be there in the next release).

2 hours ago, dewguru said:

Yes, an interim fix is to create a new indented line under the commented section and put the following: add_trait = werewolf

If someone simply uncomments the line, it'll cause more issues as the werekin trait isn't in there yet (but it'll be there in the next release).

Yup, that seems to have fixed it, thank you.

2 hours ago, Synadria said:

So, of all the different fantasy race and gender combinations, which would you guys say have the most content to them right now? I want the full experience, ya know?

Incubus/Succubus, Werewolves have the most content at the moment.

21 hours ago, dewguru said:

Hrm. Most likely, yes.

I was in the middle of working on the inheritance part when the errors were brought up that the last update fixes.

I pulled out a part of the inheritance that wasn't done, as it would break save games, alas, it looks like it broke inheritance in the process, and I'm not certain what it looked like in the update any longer, as I've resumed my work on it.

Edit: Yeah it looks like the issue is I commented out a portion related to a trait that wasn't implemented yet (as an offspring between a human and a werewolf will become a half-breed known as a werekin), yet didn't keep a reference to being made a werewolf - so unless both parents are a werewolf, the inheritance will likely fail completely. I'll see if I can wrap up what I've got going on right now and release an update this weekend.

You can edit DWCore.8000, and find where the werekin trait was commented out, and put add_trait = werewolf there for the time being.

It would seem this didn't fix it entirely. I did some quick tests last night, and neither my bastards nor legitimate heirs are getting the trait. For some reason those born with poor fathers thinking the child was theirs did though.

21 hours ago, dewguru said:

Hrm. Most likely, yes.

I was in the middle of working on the inheritance part when the errors were brought up that the last update fixes.

I pulled out a part of the inheritance that wasn't done, as it would break save games, alas, it looks like it broke inheritance in the process, and I'm not certain what it looked like in the update any longer, as I've resumed my work on it.

Edit: Yeah it looks like the issue is I commented out a portion related to a trait that wasn't implemented yet (as an offspring between a human and a werewolf will become a half-breed known as a werekin), yet didn't keep a reference to being made a werewolf - so unless both parents are a werewolf, the inheritance will likely fail completely. I'll see if I can wrap up what I've got going on right now and release an update this weekend.

Thanks! I went back to an older version an its working so I will stick to that version until it gets fixed.

No idea if I'll get the release out this weekend. My weekend plans got a little more complicated today.

When I get a chance to wrap up some things, here's what will be coming.

v1.66 (Dark World Reborn)
    - WARNING - THIS UPDATE IS NOT SAVE COMPATIBLE - START A NEW GAME
    - New trait
    - New events \ decisions
    - Male, Ugly, Vampires may get a Nosferatu image assigned to them.
    - Revisited the childbirth logic related to racial traits - half-breed births are possible werewolves (werekin)
    - Fixed an issue with Rayne's intro event being able to trigger multiple times in a session.
    - Fixed an issue with the Nosferatu Vampire combat - where the first event notice was the error trap event.
    - Fixed an issue with a trigger that was causing Jus Primae Noctis to fail all the time

15 minutes ago, bioweapon11 said:

does anyone know the locations of the Disney princesses i only know were belle spawns

I find most are randomly spawned in the world around 6 months or so into a new game, alice and belle are spawned through events.

I just noticed, I dont know if its a problem, but in common/defines you have

NDefines.NGraphics.NUMBER_OF_PROPERTIES = 39

but in the base file defines.Iua - NGraphics, there is only

NUMBER_OF_DNA_PROPERTIES = 11,

I dont know if that yours is something different, in that case nevermind, if not, then its missing DNA_

Please don't go messing with the Vampire Seduction decision at all. You'll be disappointed as it'll immediately go to a TODO type event. I didn't finish it, so I could get these fixes out.

Change log for what's about to hit.

v1.66 (Dark World Reborn)
    - WARNING - THIS UPDATE IS NOT SAVE COMPATIBLE - START A NEW GAME
    - New trait
    - New events \ decisions
    - Male, Ugly, Vampires may get a Nosferatu image assigned to them.
    - Re-Revisited the childbirth logic related to racial traits - half-breed births are possible werewolves (werekin)
    - Fixed an issue with Rayne's intro event being able to trigger multiple times in a session.
    - Fixed an issue with the Nosferatu Vampire combat - where the first event notice was the error trap event.
    - Fixed an issue with a trigger that was causing Jus Primae Noctis to fail all the time

Thank you very much for the work, it is quite interesting.

I have a question. Is it possible to have homosexual marriage in the game? I was using "Legalized Gay Marriage" mod and it seems that it is possible to do so. I also look for the mod code and it does not look so complicated to do.

However, there are some "unfaithful" opinion modifiers that can net -75 opinion, which isn't so fun. It also conflicts with a few other mods, and I will report on them on other threads.

I'm using the following mods:

- DWR

- Toska

- Beyond Heresy

- Noxbestia's

- Slavery Expanded

- Legalized Gay Marriage.

Aside from the buggy behaviors I can do something like marrying my own daughter and having her as my "Daughter-Wife" which looks quite cute lmfao.

I have a final gameplay questions. Is there any way to gain the lilith (succubus) trait without inviting an incubus or succubus in and bestow that trait on my offsprings? Without using console command as well. If it belongs to other submods I don't know which mod is doing it.

33 minutes ago, Kjojo said:

Thank you very much for the work, it is quite interesting.

I have a question. Is it possible to have homosexual marriage in the game? I was using "Legalized Gay Marriage" mod and it seems that it is possible to do so. I also look for the mod code and it does not look so complicated to do.

However, there are some "unfaithful" opinion modifiers that can net -75 opinion, which isn't so fun. It also conflicts with a few other mods, and I will report on them on other threads.

I'm using the following mods:

- DWR

- Toska

- Beyond Heresy

- Noxbestia's

- Slavery Expanded

- Legalized Gay Marriage.

Aside from the buggy behaviors I can do something like marrying my own daughter and having her as my "Daughter-Wife" which looks quite cute lmfao.

Since I'm not knowledgeable about CK2 modding, I'm not sure where the issues come from. If you are busy I think I should try doing my own mod (but it will take a lot of time for a total noobs to go through everything). I plan to look for some way to betroth my own daughters to other girls or daughters or futas. My homo and futa daughters don't seem to choose the decision to pursue other homo or futas, even though they do choose some of my own sons (or grandsons) for marriage.

I have a final gameplay questions. Is there any way to gain the lilith (succubus) trait without inviting an incubus or succubus in and bestow that trait on my offsprings? Without using console command as well. If it belongs to other submods I don't know which mod is doing it.

Toska's mod is the cause of this. Stop using it. It hasn't worked properly since long before Jade Dragon came out, because it hasn't been updated.

1 hour ago, R0nin78 said:

Toska's mod is the cause of this. Stop using it. It hasn't worked properly since long before Jade Dragon came out, because it hasn't been updated.

Thank you. It is a shame, though, as many stuffs from that mod look good.

I heard that incest marriage comes from Toska's mod, is it true?

EDIT: Nvm, it looks like religion mods do this, and since I will be triggering those religions anyway so there shouldn't be problem.

I don't know where the "Your Daughter-Wife" comes from, though? Is it hardcoded, or it comes from some submods?

1 hour ago, Kjojo said:

Thank you. It is a shame, though, as many stuffs from that mod look good.

I heard that incest marriage comes from Toska's mod, is it true?

EDIT: Nvm, it looks like religion mods do this, and since I will be triggering those religions anyway so there shouldn't be problem.

I don't know where the "Your Daughter-Wife" comes from, though? Is it hardcoded, or it comes from some submods?

The game referring to your spouse/daughter as "Your Daughter-Wife" is hardcoded...or well part of the base game, you may be able to mod it out but it would probably take a lot of work going though the localization for it.  The reason it exists is due to the divine blood mechanic of the Zoroastrian Religion. (They can marry kin and actually get bonuses for doing so.) 

1 hour ago, dewguru said:

This mod does not provide the same functionality that Legalized Gay Marriage provides, and I've no intention of doing so.

Yes, offspring of an incubus or succubus, that has a human parent, has a 50% chance of producing an incubus or succubus child. If both parents are an incubus or succubus, then it's 100%.

I was asking whether it is possible to gain the trait without via breeding. Like "praying for Lilith" that she will turn you into succubus/incubus.

EDIT: NVM, it was buggy Toska's mod that removes the Dark Dream decision.

On 4/14/2018 at 4:18 AM, bioweapon11 said:

does anyone know the locations of the Disney princesses i only know were belle spawns

Jasmine spawns into your court when you buy Aladdin's lamp at the exotic shop.   I discovered that only after my 16 yr ruler married some regular girl after Belle died giving birth to my son.   So, i had at least two princesses present in my court at once. 

I got Belle from visiting the village (option under the intrigue tab) but this was after about 50 some years.   I don't know if there is a respawn for her.

I have only found Alice during hunting trips.  Are there other princesses?

The fix regarding the missing OR will be getting uploaded here in the next few minutes. Change log below.

v1.67 (Dark World Reborn)
    - Fixed a missing OR that was causing an issue with pure breeds being able to create pure breed offspring (werewolves, vampires, incubus/succubus)
    - Added an event.
    - Added another random image option for Neko's.

5 hours ago, steelpanther24 said:

Jasmine spawns into your court when you buy Aladdin's lamp at the exotic shop.   I discovered that only after my 16 yr ruler married some regular girl after Belle died giving birth to my son.   So, i had at least two princesses present in my court at once. 

I got Belle from visiting the village (option under the intrigue tab) but this was after about 50 some years.   I don't know if there is a respawn for her.

I have only found Alice during hunting trips.  Are there other princesses?

quite a few. Anna, Elsa, Maleficent, Rapunzel, Cinderella, Aurora Rose, Jasmin, Snow, Ariel, Alice, Margaret(queen of hearts), Grimhilt(evil queen from snow white) and Belle.

most of these spawn into random courts in a new game by 3-6 months or so. Best way to find them is use the search button in bottom right corner of screen and set it to only show female adults, then sort by age, youngest to oldest. Most of them spawn in at 16, Elsa is 18, grimhilt and maleficent are 25+ old. If you don't see them then either they died already or haven't spawned yet.