[mod] [CK2] Dark World: Reborn - Updated 13APR2024

I was away from my main computer for the past week, while I was visiting family, so nothing new's happened on the modding end recently.

However, my present plans are to get an update released in March. Will have a better feeling for exactly when after I proceed a little further along what I'm presently working on.

Oh - and a quick heads-up on Vampire powers.

Vampires won't use favor, mana, or piety to fuel any special powers they have. They'll have to actually expend their health pool.

In the game, there is base_health, which is your health before modifiers from things like traits are applied.

A vampire, when they feed, will add to their base_health. When they use a power, it'll subtract from it.

Powers that would take a base_health below 1, shouldn't be available for use.

1 hour ago, AnkoFSB said:

Is it compatible with HIP? I'm curious because the event windows are somewhat broken.

ck2_1.png

With HIP yes.

With ARKOPack Interface which is included in HIP as part of the modular install no.

DW has a seperate interface change for bigger event windows.

2 minutes ago, FlyingSpaceRhino said:

Does the werewolf population grow much outside of Fenris's realm? I like the idea of the threat of werewolves being from them slowly overtaking human males by outbreeding them.

Right now, only if you're also a werewolf to help it along.

This should change down the road when I revisit the werewolves a bit.

Heads-up - on Steam right now - through 10am on Saturday (not certain about the time zone - so check as your time may be different) - Crusader Kings 2 can be downloaded for free.

And unlike many free weekends where the game is no longer playable at the end of the weekend - if CK2 is downloaded prior to the stop time - it's permanently yours.

I'm certain most folks here are legit copies - but if you've friends who don't have it - now is the time to convince them to hop on Steam and grab it while they've the chance.

ck2.jpg

6 hours ago, Braffel said:

Is there a mod like this that only implements the penis and breast sizes for all the characters and doesn't create any new events or gameplay elements? 

probably not. All that I know of either require a mod with events in it or already has them.

Wonder if a big mod like CK2 plus would be compatible with this and the sub mods. On first glance it messes up the icons of religions (or that might be one of the sub mods like the beyond heresy mod).

On that note, reading in the forums of some of the submods, some like Toska people dont recommend using since its outdated (but still recommended on the first page here).

Are there any i should avoid like Toska? I assume the DW Mage one is also outdated.

2 hours ago, Celesialess said:

Wonder if a big mod like CK2 plus would be compatible with this and the sub mods. On first glance it messes up the icons of religions (or that might be one of the sub mods like the beyond heresy mod).

On that note, reading in the forums of some of the submods, some like Toska people dont recommend using since its outdated (but still recommended on the first page here).

Are there any i should avoid like Toska? I assume the DW Mage one is also outdated.

this mod is fine as far as i can tell.. though i'd avoid any sub mod that changes the Religion and Map  files 

6 hours ago, Celesialess said:

I used to play DWR  and submods with ck2+, but single DWR update 1.63 Game crash around 11 months of game

With there being an error found that was preventing the joining of the Wizards College society, I've gone ahead and trimmed things to where I've an update that can be released.

Note - the vampire stuff isn't done, and much was pulled from this update, although there are still new events and other items that are Vampire related that I've left in.

Here's the change log for the update that I'll be posting.

v1.64 (Dark World Reborn)
    - WARNING - THIS UPDATE (Again) IS NOT SAVE COMPATIBLE - START A NEW GAME
    - New Stable Whore trait icon - contributed by Sybreal
    - New NPC
    - New events
    - New trait
    - New character modifiers!
    - Holy shit! Vampire content! There's a chance to become a vampire without having to start the game with the trait!
    - Trait tweaking - hiding some, removing the opposite opinion modifiers on several, where I'm instead using the opposite to help prevent trait conflicts
    - Added the historical = yes tag to a number of NPCs to try and prevent the game pruning them
    - Fixed an issue where a recruit into the Wizards College was pointing instead to the Chosen of Lilith

Edit - the change log said I had the child logic worked out for half-breeds, that isn't in this release. It wasn't done so I pulled it out for this update. The edit removed it from the above change log description.

4 hours ago, mistertshirt said:

Nice. Will play today.

On earlier versions I often got a mission in the Lilith cult which said something along the lines of "it's time for you to choose the lucky mother", but which had no discernible effect. What was that supposed to do?

Hrm. It's probably from one of the satanic society quests, that didn't get cleaned out, and it may not close properly. I recall seeing it in one of my test play sessions, and I thought then that I needed to remember to either remove or finish it, but that thought likely didn't see action, as I've no recollection of finishing it, and I obviously didn't remove it if it's still being seen.

Thus my only recommendation would be to not accept that when it comes up at this time.

Hey dew, I'm guessing you probably know about this but just had this event fire up and figured I'd pass word along. I'm not sure if playing as a horde or not could cause problems with the mod, but that's what my playthrough is right now.  Edit: So far everything else seems to work fine.

ck2_1.png

10 minutes ago, Jarod-Cain said:

Hey dew, I'm guessing you probably know about this but just had this event fire up and figured I'd pass word along. I'm not sure if playing as a horde or not could cause problems with the mod, but that's what my playthrough is right now.  Edit: So far everything else seems to work fine.

ck2_1.png

I'm seeing the same thing. I was also wondering if Rayne is supposed to be showing up for a ruler that isn't independent. I was playing Alfred of Wessex during the old Gods start when his idiot brother is King. Rayne showed up after I killed a vampire, and big brother married her while she was presumably in my court.

17 minutes ago, Jarod-Cain said:

[IMAGE SNIPPED]

Same problem here. 

5 minutes ago, Jarod-Cain said:

Just after that, I asked her to join my court and she never did. She is apparently married to some courtier in Armenia.

Yeah, tested this three times now and she keeps marrying people. Could just code her so she's unable to marry and that should fix it.