[mod] [CK2] Dark World: Reborn - Updated 01MAY2024

33 minutes ago, Lordfluffypants said:

Hey, got a working npc up and running! Thanks!

One more question though. How do you apply a custom portrait to a character with a racial trait? Or rather- How do you remove a racial portrait when remove_trait portraitxxx doesn't work?

Currently if I create an npc that is, say an orc- Or if a character with a custom portrait later gains the orc trait; Then it will enforce an orc portrait, overriding the custom portrait. An enforced portrait that seemingly cannot be removed by remove_trait portraitxxx. Even if the orc racial trait has also been removed.

This still occurs even if I clear all racial related flags on the character, (at least the ones that can be seen with charinfo). - Yet does not occur for a character that has never had a racial trait. Adding and removing the same portrait with add_trait and remove_trait work just fine for them.

(This could be an issue with Luxuria Fantasia compat but I cant seem to narrow down the problem)

Most portraits are supposed to not be applied if there is already a custom portrait in place from Dark World.

If another mod is posting portraits, they could indeed replace an existing one. Also, if another mod is using portraits, and something in DWR causes a portrait to be assigned, it may add one too. However, if it's a DWR portrait that was added, in most cases (not all), you should be able to right click on the individual and choose to have them remove and possibly not take a custom DWR portrait.

4 hours ago, solrane said:

@dewguru I am not sure if this is a bug, or working as intended. I actually think it is pretty funny, and i am not too bothered by it since this is my Beyond Heresy run so it should make it more interesting when i take Rome. Anyway I give you Pope Lucius II ( Fenris) lol.

I think I've seen this once before. It's indeed rare, but it is possible.

8 minutes ago, dewguru said:

Most portraits are supposed to not be applied if there is already a custom portrait in place from Dark World.

If another mod is posting portraits, they could indeed replace an existing one. Also, if another mod is using portraits, and something in DWR causes a portrait to be assigned, it may add one too. However, if it's a DWR portrait that was added, in most cases (not all), you should be able to right click on the individual and choose to have them remove and possibly not take a custom DWR portrait.

Fixed! That was totally the problem!

Apparently Luxuria Fantasia has taken the exact same portraits as DWR for the races, and applied them as separate traits.  This way 2 separate custom portraits were being applied at the same time and Luxuria was given priority. I just needed to remove their version using lf_"Race Name"_Portraitx.

So if anyone is modding to account for Luxuria compatibility, they need to decide which system they want to go through then account for the other. Cuz luxuria will just inject its traits to override DWR by default.

Big fan of the mod, friend.

I'm a hobbyist writer with, current events being what they are, way too much free time. If you need extra people to write text for the various events, or someone to write new stories and find accompanying imagesets, I'm available and would be happy to give back to DWR.

19 hours ago, anthraxbandit said:

Big fan of the mod, friend.

I'm a hobbyist writer with, current events being what they are, way too much free time. If you need extra people to write text for the various events, or someone to write new stories and find accompanying imagesets, I'm available and would be happy to give back to DWR.

Sure thing. I'd welcome the extra content to add. The most time consuming parts are often the localization (narrative event text) and suitable images to go with them.

If you pull some event text together with an accompanying image - shoot me a message through the site (click on my image by this message, and then look for the Message link on the page).

I'll then work it in the formatting necessary.

19 hours ago, Karenchik said:

Hey I can't find DW: Fantasy module anywhere. Can someone please send it to me?

It is Luxuria Fantasia now...!

Here is the link:

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/108569-mod-ck2-luxuria-fantasia-updated-25feb20/

Thanks and welcome to the forum! ?

I say it right away I have an obsession with life expectancy.
So I was wondering if this would be a good idea if you are a mage of a short-lived species (human, orc, theriantrope ...) and if you have the four specializations you could perform a ritual which would make us live up to around 200 (I think this is a good age to die because at the same time saying that the character is immortal). This could be done via a non-heritable trait (let's try to avoid a land filled with humans of 150 years XD) obtained by a decision launching an event chain.

Or otherwise a ritual to become a lich for necromancers over 80 years old and having no other specialization.

17 hours ago, mavase8835@smlmail.com said:

Hey!! I'm loving the mod, but I got 2 problems:

Male NPC's don't get dicks at all. Is that supposed to happen? Males sometimes spawn with tits tho, and are usually pretty big.

My dw_gigantic_dick keeps on reseting to dw_regular_dick whenever I exit the game, enormous seems to be working.

Hello!

First of all, welcome to the forums!

Second, why do you have your email as user name?

And third, only @dewguru can answer your question! And by the way, good catch! I didn't notice it, till you point it out... ?

On 4/1/2020 at 3:08 PM, ImNotOneToJudge said:

Im not too sure if this problem has been fixed however there are certain events pictures which dont cover the entire right side when it fires and others which do. Is there a reason for this? 

Yes. The mod uses a custom window for narrative events that allows a larger image to be displayed. Not every event in the mod has a full sized image (it's an older mod and the larger window came about much later in its development), plus other mods and the vanilla game of course, don't necessarily have larger windows.

I've the means to now remove it being large by default, but I've held off for the moment, as if I remove it automatically being large, I could potentially impact other mods that are relying on the larger narrative window.

On 3/31/2020 at 8:00 PM, mavase8835@smlmail.com said:

Hey!! I'm loving the mod, but I got 2 problems:

Male NPC's don't get dicks at all. Is that supposed to happen? Males sometimes spawn with tits tho, and are usually pretty big.

My dw_gigantic_dick keeps on reseting to dw_regular_dick whenever I exit the game, enormous seems to be working.

You've got some kind of issue going on, and I don't believe it is with my mod.

I've just tested things out, and I'm still getting dick traits on everyone who should have them, and my ruler with his huge dick, still has a huge dick upon reloading a save.

Are you using any other mods? Also - if you ever add or update a mod that adds something like a new trait - you will BREAK your save game as it will jumble up the traits on numerous people. The same goes for if you had a mod, and then removed it.

Mods that have traits and the vanilla CK2, build a save specific index file for traits, and any changes to the number of traits (adding more or removing them) will screw up everything in your save game.

I was inspired by this mod to try my own hand at mod making, something simple to mostly add flavor and RP stuff over complex mechanics and traits, but I ran into a problem that I hoped someone like you @dewguru could help me with. Namely, how do you add in custom minor titles (Master of Hunt, Court Tutor, etc)? I've tried to follow the modding guide on the CK2 wiki and while I've managed to get it to show up on the launcher, I don't see the custom title in game. Is there any sagely advice you could give?

8 hours ago, jjnoc5 said:

I was inspired by this mod to try my own hand at mod making, something simple to mostly add flavor and RP stuff over complex mechanics and traits, but I ran into a problem that I hoped someone like you @dewguru could help me with. Namely, how do you add in custom minor titles (Master of Hunt, Court Tutor, etc)? I've tried to follow the modding guide on the CK2 wiki and while I've managed to get it to show up on the launcher, I don't see the custom title in game. Is there any sagely advice you could give?

I took a look at the file you attached in the other thread, and it seems to be missing the enclosing brackets.

For example, your starting block should be something like this.

title_palace_slut = {
   # Stuff goes in between the brackets
}

Your file was just the title, and then individual bracketed areas. Indentation is largely for readability, not functionality, so when you just have something like title_palace_slut with no brackets after it, and then under it you have grant_limit = 5, the code doesn't view that as being part of your title.

Also, when you might find that you're going to need an OR = { } in the allowed_to_grant section with the is_feudal and is_merchant_republic within it. By not using an OR, you're likely saying that you need to be BOTH a feudal and a merchant republic, which means it'd likely fail since you're considered one OR the other.

So, without testing it, off hand I'd say it should look something more like this over all.

title_palace_slut = {
	grant_limit = 5
	opinion_effect = +5
	is_unique = no

monthly_salary = 0.02
	monthly_prestige = 0.04

allowed_to_hold = {
		is_female = yes
		NOT = { trait = incapable }
	}

allowed_to_grant = {
		OR = {
			is_feudal = yes
			is_merchant_republic = yes
		}
	}
}

In mine, I've also got a line that says message = yes, but I've honestly no idea off the top of my head if that's required, as it's been a while since I've looked into what the sections are within a minor title.

1 hour ago, dewguru said:

I took a look at the file you attached in the other thread, and it seems to be missing the enclosing brackets.

For example, your starting block should be something like this.

title_palace_slut = {
   # Stuff goes in between the brackets
}

Your file was just the title, and then individual bracketed areas. Indentation is largely for readability, not functionality, so when you just have something like title_palace_slut with no brackets after it, and then under it you have grant_limit = 5, the code doesn't view that as being part of your title.

Also, when you might find that you're going to need an OR = { } in the allowed_to_grant section with the is_feudal and is_merchant_republic within it. By not using an OR, you're likely saying that you need to be BOTH a feudal and a merchant republic, which means it'd likely fail since you're considered one OR the other.

So, without testing it, off hand I'd say it should look something more like this over all.

title_palace_slut = {
	grant_limit = 5
	opinion_effect = +5
	is_unique = no

monthly_salary = 0.02
	monthly_prestige = 0.04

allowed_to_hold = {
		is_female = yes
		NOT = { trait = incapable }
	}

allowed_to_grant = {
		OR = {
			is_feudal = yes
			is_merchant_republic = yes
		}
	}
}

In mine, I've also got a line that says message = yes, but I've honestly no idea off the top of my head if that's required, as it's been a while since I've looked into what the sections are within a minor title.

Thanks for this! I also learned that CK2 uses a different spelling of "localisation" than I'm used to.

If I had to guess what the message is, it might send like a pop-up/side bar message of "Duke Smith has become Regent"

13 hours ago, MarianTheSharkFace said:

is there bestiality content?

There is a game rule where it can be toggled on or off. There isn't much in the mod right now, but there is some in there.

On another note - I was hoping to have the next update ready this weekend, but an honest assessment is it'll probably be next weekend before it gets released. Here's the change log as it presently stands for what should be released next week. I don't expect it to change much as what's remaining is finishing up some items already listed.

v1.79 (Dark World Reborn)
    - New decisions for Therianthrope rulers (player or ai), where they can proclaim their dominance. Any therianthrope characters in their lands are then likely to pronounce their true self as well, save for the cowardly.
    - If a non-human decides to reveal their true being when the law of the land shows full tolerance for non-humans, then the opinion hit they take is smaller. Note - if one declares dominance - you are saying you are superior to mankind, so you still take a large opinion hit if you go that route, even with the law set to tolerance.
    - More events (related to the above decisions and some other random events)
    - Code/image contributions by Drax70, with permission from Gurges of ArgleBargle (AB mod) and DocToska of Dark World Reborn: Toska (DWR:Toska) to incorporate some of their content. (Troop command, coming of age, and getting caught masturbating events)
    - Updated Serpents Purge potion to use the cancel_pregnancy command instead of the flag/kill at birth method that the mod previously used.
    - Fixed a missing image reference in the dw_events.gfx file for the new grand inn random event that was added recently. (thx Drax70)

15 hours ago, dewguru said:

There is a game rule where it can be toggled on or off. There isn't much in the mod right now, but there is some in there.

On another note - I was hoping to have the next update ready this weekend, but an honest assessment is it'll probably be next weekend before it gets released. Here's the change log as it presently stands for what should be released next week. I don't expect it to change much as what's remaining is finishing up some items already listed.

v1.79 (Dark World Reborn)
    - New decisions for Therianthrope rulers (player or ai), where they can proclaim their dominance. Any therianthrope characters in their lands are then likely to pronounce their true self as well, save for the cowardly.
    - If a non-human decides to reveal their true being when the law of the land shows full tolerance for non-humans, then the opinion hit they take is smaller. Note - if one declares dominance - you are saying you are superior to mankind, so you still take a large opinion hit if you go that route, even with the law set to tolerance.
    - More events (related to the above decisions and some other random events)
    - Code/image contributions by Drax70, with permission from Gurges of ArgleBargle (AB mod) and DocToska of Dark World Reborn: Toska (DWR:Toska) to incorporate some of their content. (Troop command, coming of age, and getting caught masturbating events)
    - Updated Serpents Purge potion to use the cancel_pregnancy command instead of the flag/kill at birth method that the mod previously used.
    - Fixed a missing image reference in the dw_events.gfx file for the new grand inn random event that was added recently. (thx Drax70)

how to be a therianthrope ruler? i know i can start as werewolf with the "rise of the pack" starting, but i dont know how i can be a centaur or dogkin.........can we have a therianthrope as heir by mating with animals (like a dog when you get the event of the hunting dog, or with an horse if you are a steppe lord)?

Heads-up, the next update will NOT be save game compatible due to the addition of some traits.

Update is still on target for next weekend.

22 hours ago, MarianTheSharkFace said:

how to be a therianthrope ruler? i know i can start as werewolf with the "rise of the pack" starting, but i dont know how i can be a centaur or dogkin.........can we have a therianthrope as heir by mating with animals (like a dog when you get the event of the hunting dog, or with an horse if you are a steppe lord)?

Outside of starting off as a werewolf, your options at this time are very limited. There is an artifact that can be obtained, that when worn by a female can allow them to become pregnant from a beast in a few events. Additional events will be added over time - with another one coming in the next update as well.

Then there is also the Heritage potion that appears at random when shopping in the wizard tower, with the potential random trait unlock being determined at random by different beings from the lore of your culture. This might not result in a therianthrope ruler though, as if it's a culture with elves, orcs, or giants in their back ground, then you could end up with one of those traits instead.

20 hours ago, dewguru said:

Heads-up, the next update will NOT be save game compatible due to the addition of some traits.

Update is still on target for next weekend.

Outside of starting off as a werewolf, your options at this time are very limited. There is an artifact that can be obtained, that when worn by a female can allow them to become pregnant from a beast in a few events. Additional events will be added over time - with another one coming in the next update as well.

Then there is also the Heritage potion that appears at random when shopping in the wizard tower, with the potential random trait unlock being determined at random by different beings from the lore of your culture. This might not result in a therianthrope ruler though, as if it's a culture with elves, orcs, or giants in their back ground, then you could end up with one of those traits instead.

oh ok.....how to get that artifact?

Love the mod dude. Would it be possible to beef up Dracula? In my playthroughs I've always tried to help him but he doesn't really conquer or retain his land and i think it'd be cool if he had a more active role game wise. I also cant seem to get either tentaclekin or orcs to invade is there a way to trigger these event so they happen earlier than the high middle ages?