[mod] [CK2] Dark World: Reborn - Updated 13APR2024

On 9/15/2020 at 4:16 PM, logincrash said:

A simple reinstall worked perfectly.

Doesn't DWR use a lot of events of VIET, I know DWR is removing a lot of NADA events. 

But VIET events and codes are still used in DWR ... 

But DWR uses the correct coding cause most of the stuff are DWR_ added to prefix. 

Thus trying to make it compatible with what ever mod you are playing, even those that needs Dependancy by just pointing to the dependancy itself in the mod config. 

On 9/29/2020 at 7:05 AM, LastD said:

So I'm assuming there aren't any real compatibility issues with Luxuria, however, is there a way to merge the traits used?  I frequent Ruler Designer and have noticed that using one set of traits will result in some mods, like the recent mod pointed out by Dewguru True Immortal Cultivation, to not pick up the fact they you have a trait needed to trigger events such as the virgin trait.

Cause the traits are numbered. if you add a new mod with the traits. just go to the new mod traits ad Zzzzz in the prefix. so it will load last. 

so instead of example traits. you have Zzzzzz_Traits the new ones always load last. most modders of traits just leave the trait file the original name. 

On 9/28/2020 at 1:01 PM, salatrin said:

I beleive the part your looking for in regards to the prerequisites for recruiting mages into the wizard society is located in the file dw_scripted_triggers.txt file in the scripted triggers folder

The code your looking for is the following

has_arcane_college_prerequisites = {
    # Adults only
    is_adult = yes
    # the default high learning score requirement, or a decent learning skill combined with training or traits seen as being open to seeking knowledge/the occult/power
    OR = {
        learning = 10
        AND = {
            learning = 8
            OR = {
                trait = mystic
                trait = lunatic
                is_learned_trigger = yes
                trait = mage
                trait = architect
                trait = theologian
                trait = ambitious
            }
        }
    }
    # and they shouldn't be extremely religious or irrational
    NOT = { ai_zeal = 50 }
    NOT = { ai_rationality = 0 }
}

From the looks of it, the rationality line doesnt look right as that basically says, it cant be 0 or higher yet the text says # and they shouldn't be extremely religious or irrational

which seems to counteract the code beneath it, but i could be understanding it wrong

NOT = { ai_zeal = 50 }
    NOT = { ai_rationality = 0 }

if you want 50 or greater it is  NOT = { ai_zeal >= 50 }

if you want ai_rationality 0 or less NOT = { ai_zeal <= 0 }

I've got a new update that will be out this week. It's a contribution that expands on the brothel. If you like it once it's out, give a shout out to Defpool.

Also, saw some of the prior posts. Some of the recommended corrections don't properly fix the issue.

For example, the futa potion. The recommendation only shows the potion if the player selected to start the game as a futa (with the bonus trait on). It completely ignores the proper game rule, which is has_gender_bender_content.

I say this, because I will admit that when I see someone claim a fix, and it's wrong, I often stop reading, especially when it's a wall of text. Sure, that's probably not ideal, but I'm just being honest with my thread reading habits. Trying to see a problem is hard enough sometimes, and it can be made harder when the recommended solution is also wrong.

Also - regarding claiming money from your workers - when that functionality was added - it's what the thread was asking for. I'm not at the stage presently where I've any desire to really adjust it, especially since those providing feedback when it was added, gave the thumbs up.

Edit - I should say that I did notice a couple things to fix from some of the above, such as the has_gender_bender_content check, and they'll be in the next update as well. Change log will show what I ended up adjusting.

4 hours ago, Drake_Hound said:

Doesn't DWR use a lot of events of VIET, I know DWR is removing a lot of NADA events. 

But VIET events and codes are still used in DWR ... 

But DWR uses the correct coding cause most of the stuff are DWR_ added to prefix. 

Thus trying to make it compatible with what ever mod you are playing, even those that needs Dependancy by just pointing to the dependancy itself in the mod config. 

No. I used nothing from VIET. You're probably thinking of Christianity. Christianity is what influenced me into starting my own mod, however, I only used a portion of the NADA mod that was made available (and then modified it so much it's nothing like what I originally started with).

On 9/29/2020 at 12:05 AM, LastD said:

So I'm assuming there aren't any real compatibility issues with Luxuria, however, is there a way to merge the traits used?  I frequent Ruler Designer and have noticed that using one set of traits will result in some mods, like the recent mod pointed out by Dewguru True Immortal Cultivation, to not pick up the fact they you have a trait needed to trigger events such as the virgin trait.

If things are working like they should, if you're using both Dark World Reborn and Luxuria, I'd recommend using Luxuria traits when there is a similarity. I use a scripted_trigger that looks to see if Luxuria is present, and if so, it tries to use Luxuria traits for anything DWR event wise. It's probably not perfect, but in theory, that's how it should work.

16 hours ago, dewguru said:

IAlso, saw some of the prior posts. Some of the recommended corrections don't properly fix the issue.

For example, the futa potion. The recommendation only shows the potion if the player selected to start the game as a futa (with the bonus trait on). It completely ignores the proper game rule, which is has_gender_bender_content.

I looked at the rules for turning it on and off when I was trying to come up with a solution.  You have two rules, one for genderbender stuff in general and then a second rule that seemed to specifically filter just futa content

Spoiler

From dw_game_rules.txt beginning line 130

dw_gender_bender_content = { # This is for selecting whether or not to include a certain kind of content
    name = "DW_RULE_FUTA_CONTENT" # Futa and Trap content
    group = "RULE_GROUP_DW"
    option = {
        name = dw_yes_futa
        text = "DW_RULE_YES_FUTA"
        desc = "DW_RULE_YES_FUTA_DESC"
    }
    option = {
        name = dw_no_futa
        text = "DW_RULE_NO_SPECIAL"
        desc = "DW_RULE_NO_SPECIAL_DESC"
    }
dw_bonus_trait = { # This is for selecting whether or not to start with an additional trait
    name = "DW_BONUS_TRAIT" # Futa and Trap content
    group = "RULE_GROUP_DW"
    option = {
        name = dw_no_bonus
        text = "DW_RULE_NO_BONUS"
        desc = "DW_RULE_NO_BONUS_DESC"
    }
    option = {
        name = dw_yes_bonus_futa
        text = "DW_RULE_YES_BONUS_FUTA"
        desc = "DW_RULE_YES_BONUS_FUTA_DESC"
    }
}

My logic was fairly straight forward, I took the more specific option since it was conceivable to me that someone might want genderbender content but not futa and the way your options were constructed it seemed your intent was to allow for that.  Trying to keep with what appeared to be your intent, I opted for the dw_yes_bonus_futa rule as a filter for futa potions since that rule specifically addresses that content.

If that doesn't suit you, that's your problem.  All I tried to do was figure out some problems, came here for help and found you weren't around and then worked at figuring things out the best I could.  Spent a couple weeks figuring out what I could on my own with the help of a couple others who tried their best to help.  To those who tried to help me, thank you.

Since trying to help seems to bother you so much, be assured I won't make that mistake again.

On 10/7/2020 at 2:48 PM, EinarrTheRed said:

I looked at the rules for turning it on and off when I was trying to come up with a solution.  You have two rules, one for genderbender stuff in general and then a second rule that seemed to specifically filter just futa content

Reveal hidden contents

My logic was fairly straight forward, I took the more specific option since it was conceivable to me that someone might want genderbender content but not futa and the way your options were constructed it seemed your intent was to allow for that.  Trying to keep with what appeared to be your intent, I opted for the dw_yes_bonus_futa rule as a filter for futa potions since that rule specifically addresses that content.

If that doesn't suit you, that's your problem.  All I tried to do was figure out some problems, came here for help and found you weren't around and then worked at figuring things out the best I could.  Spent a couple weeks figuring out what I could on my own with the help of a couple others who tried their best to help.  To those who tried to help me, thank you.

Since trying to help seems to bother you so much, be assured I won't make that mistake again.

Gender Bender rule allows for the use of Futa and Trap traits.

The Futa Bonus trait provides just the character, at start-up, the trait.

You claim that the bonus trait rule is logical - yet what good would a potion that makes a person into a futa, be for someone who already opted to start with the bonus that makes them one?

I provided an honest statement on how I read large messages. People have helped a lot, and it doesn't bother me. Your raising items in general doesn't bother me. It just switched off my interest of reading further when I saw you didn't understand what you were claiming to have fixed. I could have kept quiet and just entirely ignored everything, but then you or others could be wondering if I noticed your issues. I've had folks in the past say "hey - did you see what was posted" - and to head that off, I simply communicated that I pretty much just read half of what you posted.

If there is a mistake, it's your belief that trying to help bothers me. If that was the case, I doubt this thread would have reached 200 pages.

On 9/23/2020 at 2:47 AM, EinarrTheRed said:

Been trying the mod out recently and noticed something.  If I enslave someone and decree them a prostitute they go to work in the brothel.  That part works fine (though the pay notifications are annoying I'd rather it was just added to the monthly revenue).  BUT, and this is the bug, if I have the Arena / Warriors Circle built, they automatically get made into gladiators even if I don't want them to be (and in most cases I don't).  Seems like something it auto adding that that shouldn't be.

Also, if you buy a potion and save it for later (like a Youthfulness potion) and then have your ruler drink it, they may instead pour it out.  The mod doesn't check to see if the target is the player, and instead treats them as an NPC.

It looks like the decision to make a slave into a gladiator can be triggered by anyone. So it's likely someone in your court doing it. I'll update the decision to try and properly restrict it to the ruler of the slave.

I'll take a look at the self use of the mana potion as well. It's likely I'm not excluding the player from dump check.

Update about to be posted. Change log below.

Change Log:
v1.87 (Dark World Reborn)
    - Brothel contribution from Defpool (expands on some options, images)
    - Corrected a check for the futa potion being visible in the Wizard Tower. (thx EinarrTheRed)
    - Corrected the ai_rationality check for the Wizard Society so it would work as it was intended (thx EinarrTheRed and Salatrin)
    - Corrected a scope issue on the Make a Slave a Gladiator decision so that only the ruler of said slave can use the decision. (thx EinarrTheRed)
    - Corrected an issue where others outside of the ruler could use a slave to sate their desires.
    - Added a check that will allow a player to trust and drink a potion they are holding, instead of potentially dumping it. (recommended by EinarrTheRed)

I have encountered an issue regarding a random encounter when a female commander is ambushed by mercenaries (event with the id Drax70_encounter.51). I was defending against an English holy war for as a norse queen when the previously mentioned event was triggered. I chose to fight back and won due to very high personal combat skill. The problem is, the game has apparently marked my character as both parties in a duel, causing her to die in combat after "winning" a fight against herself. The issue seems to only manifest when there is no actual mercenary company fighting on the side the enemy as I had experienced the event before during a different war, causing a mercenary company`s courtier to get wounded after a failed ambush. Edit: The issue manifests despite a mercenary company fighting for the enemy. While my knowledge of modding is fairly limited, I theorise that the "else = {...}" section within the event Drax70_encounter.51, which is supposed to spawn a randomly generated opponent in case there are no actual mercenaries avaliable, is somehow malfunctioning.

My game version is 3.3.3 and the DW version used is 1.86. I use a boatload of mods as well as a personal compatibility submod designed to prevent game-breaking incompatibility from occuring. The most likely source of inter-mod issues is Mythos 3 as it overwrites plenty of vanilla files, including 00_scripted_effects.txt. I will try to patch the difference between vanilla "spawn_great_commander_effect" scripted effect and that of Mythos 3 and report back once I got the results.

Edit: Replacing "spawn_great_commander_effect" from Mythos 3 with its vanilla version doesnt`t fix the issue, the queen keeps dueling and wounding/killing/losing to herself. Using "charinfo" console command reveals that the game marks the player character as both event_target: combatant_1 and event_target: combatant_2.

Edit 2: I have removed all overwrites done via my compatibility submod to the file Drax70_encounter_events.txt. "Charinfo" commands reveals that the player character in the event Drax70_encounter.51 is simultaneously marked as event targets "combatant_1", "combatant_2", "my_duel_target", ROOT, FROM and THIS. I doubt that a compatibility issue with any other mod I use would be able to cause such a situation.

CK2_DW_bug_screenshot.bmp

CK2_DW_bug_screenshot2.bmp

I'd like to report a balance issue that the recent Gladiator fix uncovered. "Visit the Arena" decision has no cooldown, which means a PC who is a Gladiator can repeatedly arrange fights for themselves. Previously, some of these had a chance to be against NPC Gladiators, and had potentially lethal outcomes. Now (at least in the early game) there are no NPC Gladiators around, which means PC will always go into a Grand Melee. This has a 25% chance of giving PC a wound along with 25 gold and prestige, but the wound does nothing to stop the PC from repeating the process, because a PC who already has a wound doesn't get any worse as a result of the arena fight. Effectively, this means a PC can repeatedly cycle their way through the decision chain (Visit arena > manage stable > arrange match for self > win) and only needs to heal the wound (via a healing potion or spell) after the very last bout.

8 hours ago, DrPill said:

I'd like to report a balance issue that the recent Gladiator fix uncovered. "Visit the Arena" decision has no cooldown, which means a PC who is a Gladiator can repeatedly arrange fights for themselves. Previously, some of these had a chance to be against NPC Gladiators, and had potentially lethal outcomes. Now (at least in the early game) there are no NPC Gladiators around, which means PC will always go into a Grand Melee. This has a 25% chance of giving PC a wound along with 25 gold and prestige, but the wound does nothing to stop the PC from repeating the process, because a PC who already has a wound doesn't get any worse as a result of the arena fight. Effectively, this means a PC can repeatedly cycle their way through the decision chain (Visit arena > manage stable > arrange match for self > win) and only needs to heal the wound (via a healing potion or spell) after the very last bout.

I see no reason to fix this. As you said - it is a PC exploit that they can take advantage of, and there are so many options for cheating in the game, that this is a very long path to grind out gold and prestige compared to others.

Plus - like a few other things in the game - you as the player have full control as to whether or not you take advantage of said exploit. If you feel it'd be better for it to only be used once every three or six months, then you can opt to visit it later.

19 hours ago, dewguru said:

I see no reason to fix this. As you said - it is a PC exploit that they can take advantage of, and there are so many options for cheating in the game, that this is a very long path to grind out gold and prestige compared to others.

Plus - like a few other things in the game - you as the player have full control as to whether or not you take advantage of said exploit. If you feel it'd be better for it to only be used once every three or six months, then you can opt to visit it later.

That's fair. While I'm here, I'll confirm that mana potion doesn't clear when used, allowing PC to repeatedly reset spell cooldowns instead of having to buy it again. (And the non-interactive Wellspring of Magic Empire still shows up once PC becomes a mage.)

25 minutes ago, DrPill said:

That's fair. While I'm here, I'll confirm that mana potion doesn't clear when used, allowing PC to repeatedly reset spell cooldowns instead of having to buy it again. (And the non-interactive Wellspring of Magic Empire still shows up once PC becomes a mage.)

Bah. Yes, I see where the Mana potion flag isn't cleared after use. And there I was fixing it where a player might not drop them on use attempt.

I delete out the Wellspring and run a check to see if it breaks anything in Validator.

Bug report:

- The ".7240 Bestiality Ball - Horse Bonding" event, shows "ball_19" picture which is a spider lady on a web...! I think this should be the "ball_26" picture.

- If I summon a Familiar, it remains with me for all my life and my character now has 2 Familiars, a Wolf and an Imp because I thought, if I summon something different it will replace the one I already have...!

Thanks!

On 10/16/2020 at 5:20 PM, Drax70 said:

Bug report:

- The ".7240 Bestiality Ball - Horse Bonding" event, shows "ball_19" picture which is a spider lady on a web...! I think this should be the "ball_26" picture.

- If I summon a Familiar, it remains with me for all my life and my character now has 2 Familiars, a Wolf and an Imp because I thought, if I summon something different it will replace the one I already have...!

Thanks!

I'll take a look. Looking at releasing an update this weekend with the other fixes mentioned.

Might have another contribution too. Have to take a look.

Dewguru,

Is there any further interactions with the Beast/Belle after you spare him and allow him to serve you (and the Beast gets to keep Belle for himself)?  because after that point, going to Belle's village and visiting the cobbler results in just a placeholder picture of Belle and the Beast together.  I certainly wouldn't mind getting into a *cough* threesome with those two.

Hi boss, couple minors issues here.

1. In events/Raynor.txt: For raynor.403 (Wicked priest events), the "is_female checks" for the 4 possible descriptions are repeating two conditions twice, instead of having it alternate for all the 4 combinations. From the look of the description, it should be no/no, yes/no, no/yes, and yes/yes.

2. Also in Raynor.txt: For raynor.510 (Pillage events), the "is_female" checks for the two pictures are reversed.