Another little good news/ bad news update. 

Good: Finished creating the render devices I need which should hopefully reduce weirdness. 

Bad: After creating the render devices in TesEdit I can no longer save the plugin in the CK. CK crashes when I try to save. I was beginning to have the problem when I finished creating v0.21 of the mod. Back then if I loaded the plugin then immediately created a new form and then saved it wouldn't crash. That doesn't work for me anymore. Not sure if its the sheer number of forms. Theoretically it should be able to handle 0xFFFFFF forms = 16,777,215... :sighface:

Tried a bunch of tricks. Nothing seems to work. TesEdit reports no errors. 

• 4 weeks later...

I don't know enough about how this mod works, whether it relies heavily on DDi/DDx or has copies of it's own to use mostly.

But the depreciated harnesses, Locking slave and Custom slave harnesses, have been removed from DDx for the next release. You can download the next release from the public DDx github page here: https://github.com/DeviousDevices/DDx with a direct download to the current testing version here

Maybe nothing needs to be changed to keep EDD working, I don't know enough about implementing these devices. Just giving warning about the change in case work needs to be done to make it compatible.

I don't know enough about how this mod works, whether it relies heavily on DDi/DDx or has copies of it's own to use mostly.

But the depreciated harnesses, Locking slave and Custom slave harnesses, have been removed from DDx for the next release. You can download the next release from the public DDx github page here: https://github.com/DeviousDevices/DDx with a direct download to the current testing version here

Maybe nothing needs to be changed to keep EDD working, I don't know enough about implementing these devices. Just giving warning about the change in case work needs to be done to make it compatible.

Thanks for the heads up Verstort. I'll likely just remove them from EDD in the next update. 

Speaking of which I'm now able to save the mod again in the CK. I had to split the armor forms into an "addon" esp to do it though which adds an unwelcome layer of complexity. Still very busy in RL though so development is slow. 

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Hey.

Well I had almost finished creating an update for EDD when the new version of DDi/x dropped. Don't get me wrong, I'm loving the new DDi but tracking changes for EDD is... daunting. I could have just compared 26,000 DDs and edit them but I started thinking that I don't want to have to do this every time an update for DDi comes along. So I started looking into TesEdit scripting and it's looking good so far. At this point the script 

• filters a list of enchantments to use
  • filters a list of usable DDs
  • gets a list of the render devices
  • checks a .txt file for specific inclusions or exclusions (For example if you didn't want enchanted armbinders)

but there's still a hell of a lot to do and it's slow going. Delphi isn't the most intuitive language for me and it's a cut down version of Delphi at that but anything I've wanted to do so far I have been able to do, although sometimes in a roundabout way. If it works it will be great because pretty much as soon as a DDi update lands I will be able to very quickly release an update for EDD (basically as long as the script will take to process). But it also comes with a lot of fringe benefits like not being limited to DDi/x. You should be able to use it for any mod that adds DDs. As well as that it will allow you to add non vanilla enchantments as well (Wintermyst). I also plan on adding options for armor so you'll be able to pick if you want normal type DDs, light armor DDs, heavy armor DDs or all of the above if you so wish + user editable armor values. 

Right now I'm thinking I will release a basic "vanilla" version of EDD that contains DDi and DDx devices. And a "bare bones" version of EDD that doesn't have any DDs in it but user will build whatever DD mods, enchantment mods and armor types they want into this bare bones version. 

There's only one problem with this approach. Any update of EDD or anytime a user rebuilds EDD it will require a clean save / new game as the FormIDs would likely be different. 

Sounds good. I like the idea of customizable devices.

As an aside, I've included Devious Training to balance off the "goodness" of EDD :P

So, if Ravyn really wants to wear the ebonite corset of mending, well, there's a price to pay :D

DT is an excellent mod alongside EDD. Must add it to the recommended mods section.
  • 3 months later...

Edit: I suck at posting pics...

Try Postimage. Super easy

http://R9D7m4M6wLBfc1bNIsT_ovkckN0CczBVfh5LrH7OOoE

That is much better, cheers!

Is it possible to find a EDD version of Cursed Loot's slut collar.  It's hands down my favorite collar even if my girl  has to go without armor to wear it.   I'd love to see some positive buffs attached to it to offset the drawbacks of the slut collar. 

There are already serious buffs attached to the slut collar (enable/disable in the MCM) but sure why not: 

Untitled2.png

This time with vanilla enchantments. The script should work on any DD mod and enchantment mod, I'm hoping at least. But it's far from done and when it is done I have to rewrite the esp then too. I am not happy with how it is at the moment. 

So I've been making good progress on the xEdit script. There's one last major hurdle to handle before I have a fully functioning basic script (no options) and that's handling of already enchanted DDs - belt, bra, corset. But it's actually gotten to the point that I need to stop and start thinking about the main esp. I believe I've come up with a solution that:

1) Removes the need to unequip and re-equip the DDs to refresh magic effects which should remove a LOT of papyrus strain, be quicker and less prone to bugs (hopefully) than old EDD and remove the need to block access to the inventory while updates are running (one of my pet hates)

2) Allows multiplying the magnitudes via a perk. Whereas old EDD scans through equipped EDDs and sets their magnitudes individually. 

So a lot more will be handled by skyrims engine rather than by papyrus. 

More planned features, but I'm not sure at this point that all of these are possible: 

Add selectable armor type options (clothing, light armor, heavy armor)
Customizable DNAM (armor) values 
Add % weight options + round up/down option
Customizable value modifier ?
Integrate EDDs into Captured Dreams shop. Probably add to the jewelry merchant instead of master to keep EDDs separate
Selectable DD types to exclude? - Probably have modest reduction on esp size
Option to remove existing debuffs from belt, bra, corset. 
Check if DD uses standard(compatible?) zad scripts  ??
Option to integrate Devious Training - Reduce debuffs as DT level increases and increase buffs
Naked magnitude modifier. Body only? Or everything? Or selectable. 

Sorry that's a bit all over the place, it's cut from a 'WIP' document. 

If you guys have any other suggestions now is a good time :)

Work out a way to update EDD that takes less work when DD updates? :P:D

I know, I know. But that's the beauty of the TesEdit script. When a new version of DD comes then updates to EDD will take as long as the script takes to run :)

Will the script grab from mods for its enchants or just from vanilla? As it would be great if it could grab them from things like wintermyst or summermyst or any other mods that add armour enchants to the game.

Work out a way to update EDD that takes less work when DD updates? :P:D

I know, I know. But that's the beauty of the TesEdit script. When a new version of DD comes then updates to EDD will take as long as the script takes to run :)

Will the script grab from mods for its enchants or just from vanilla? As it would be great if it could grab them from things like wintermyst or summermyst or any other mods that add armour enchants to the game.

Yup, already working for wintermyst, see spoiler pic in post 110. Haven't tried summermyst yet but my guess is it will work for 99% of the enchantments. 

Script also grabs the last override for records so if you have mods that change vanilla enchantments those changes will be carried into EDD which should help to keep things consistent. 

Yup, already working for wintermyst, see spoiler pic in post 110. Haven't tried summermyst yet but my guess is it will work for 99% of the enchantments. 

Script also grabs the last override for records so if you have mods that change vanilla enchantments those changes will be carried into EDD which should help to keep things consistent. 

Sweet, I use this script https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/5100/?, which does work with this version of skyrim, but the guy admits he has no idea how to get it to use enchantments from other mods, they have to be coded into the script.  Just wondering how much effort it would be to change his script to detect enchantments from other mods.

He does crafting and tempering scripts as well, they both work with this version of skyrim as well, they save me serious amounts of time as most mod authors do not bother adding crafting/tempering recipies, and I found them just after I finished manually adding both to the uunp version of luxury collection.

Sweet, I use this script https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/5100/?, which does work with this version of skyrim, but the guy admits he has no idea how to get it to use enchantments from other mods, they have to be coded into the script.  Just wondering how much effort it would be to change his script to detect enchantments from other mods.

He does crafting and tempering scripts as well, they both work with this version of skyrim as well, they save me serious amounts of time as most mod authors do not bother adding crafting/tempering recipies, and I found them just after I finished manually adding both to the uunp version of luxury collection.

For EDDs tesedit script to work properly the enchantment mod needs to have been done properly. It won't work on something that was thrown together which is why it works on wintermyst. 

EDD works by examining the references that already exist to an enchantment and makes a educated guess as to what it should be called. 

eg:

Iron Armor of minor Health -> has template Iron Armor -> Armor name - Template name = of minor health

Steel Armor of Minor Health -> has template Steel Armor -> Armor name - Template name = of minor health

Glass Armor of Minor Health -> has template Glass Armor -> Armor name - Template name = of minor health

Hide Armor of bananas  -> has template Hide Armor -> Armor name - Template name = of bananas

Monomans wacky armor -> has template Leather Armor -> Armor name - Template name = <no match> -> ignored

Lazy modders armor -> has no template -> <no match> -> ignored

EDD forms a consensus that the name should be "of minor health" since there are 3 existing references with that convention. So EDD needs enchantment mods that already have enchanted armors using those enchantments but also with a solid, consistent naming convention. 

I understand your pain regarding armor/weapon mods. I spent ages going through mine and 'fixing' them. Don't understand why mod authors go through the hassle of creating awesome armor meshes/textures and then half arse the esp. (And not everything needs to be ebony/daedric quality ffs!)

EDD forms a consensus that the name should be "of minor health" since there are 3 existing references with that convention. So EDD needs enchantment mods that already have enchanted armors using those enchantments but also with a solid, consistent naming convention. 

I understand your pain regarding armor/weapon mods. I spent ages going through mine and 'fixing' them. Don't understand why mod authors go through the hassle of creating awesome armor meshes/textures and then half arse the esp. (And not everything needs to be ebony/daedric quality ffs!)

Right so things like summermyst, wintermyst, dwemertech and such should be fine, others not so depending on how they are done, that is good to know when editing armour/weapons mods for my own merged packs.

Though most of them do not even bother with enchantments on their stuff, either that or they are seriously op stuff.

Thanks for the more detailed explanation and look forward to seeing what comes out of it.

Fixed_Effects.png

I know. My girls got issues ;)

Besides that, I'm pointing out that I've fixed DD descriptions to include the original device description + the current magnitude + the base magnitude (The value of the magnitude before modifiers like arousal, number of equipped DD or being naked are applied)

Option to remove existing magic effects from DDs added:

Optional_Remove_Effect.png

Script will store your choice in a configuration file and not ask you again for that specific magic effect. 

Checks if scripts are attached and gives you a warning. 

If you make a mess of things you can just wipe the configuration file and rerun  :)

Option to remove existing magic effects from DDs added:

Optional_Remove_Effect.png

Script will store your choice in a configuration file and not ask you again for that specific magic effect. 

Checks if scripts are attached and gives you a warning. 

If you make a mess of things you can just wipe the configuration file and rerun  :)

When and how often will that popup?