7 hours ago, llokii70 said:

Just curious if this is still being worked on?

Doubt it, the last post before yours was jan 2018, which is what nearly 18 months ago, if they were still working on it I would have at least expected a post saying they are doing so.

I do admit I like the devious devices stuff, but not the device side of it, and keep eyeing up just changing them to clothing, but it would be massively tedious to do so, especially if doing both devices and expansion, and even more tedious creating the enchanted versions, though there is a script to do it if the items were correctly set up and key worded as clothing, with the proper location and type tags.

7 hours ago, llokii70 said:

Just curious if this is still being worked on?

Not really... 

There were some issues. Mostly the TesEdit script I wrote to auto create all the devices was aborting because TesEdit was crashing when it reached the 32bit limit of 3.2GBs of Ram used. TesEdit is a known memory pig.

That and the esps were enormous:

size.jpg.76b5c74c0160c4300d77ee0fd04dca1b.jpg

Didn't seem to affect load times or anything but it was a concern. I almost had a working mod too. Vibration events would create random enchantments on your weapon for a time. The duration and strength depended on how many devices you wore and how powerful the vibrations were. Queue running around casting mage armor to create a vibration event and get your sword enchanted before running into a fight. It was.... interesting. 

Maybe TesEdit SE is 64bit? and maybe some day I'll get back to it. But I've just got so much else to do that this is sort of on the very long finger. 

• 2 years later...
  • 9 months later...
15 hours ago, WWWGONA said:

Just curious if this is mod still being worked on?

I'm really looking forward to the release of this mod.

There have been no comments from the mod author for nearly three years, pretty much dead, and even then they said it needed an update for the latest versions of devious devices, converting the new version to clothing alone would be at best semi tedious, simply due to having to make sure that you are editing the correct items, then getting the script to run to create the thousands of enchanted items may well be a problem, though there is now a 64bit version of xedit which may resolve the problem.

I no longer use devious devices, preferring toys, which seems to be a bit crisper and quicker in doing things than devious seems to be, and I do admit I keep eyeing it up as a potential to do thing, converting them all to clothes adding the correct keywords, prices and such things, but well time and interest in skyrim se or le for me are not that high currently, as I am currently working on getting my npc/ai mods all working together which is very very tedious and time consuming, and only about 25-30% done.