You can modify the strength of enchantments to your liking using the magnitude multiplier in the MCM. 

I haven't added those containers as spawn points for EDDs. Didn't think it would be a thing people would want though I guess it makes sense if wardrobes are included. 

Yeah, I saw that we can config the magic, I went with defaults there as I didn't want to over-power things. I'm finding I kinda like the smaller enchantments, though. Between EDD, Apocalypse Magic and the vanilla enchanted jewellery, its pretty interesting.

Have you thought about adding key generation? Seems appropriate that a person would occasionally find one or two in safes and strongboxes.

My thoughts when I made the mod was that people already use mods to get their keys, whether it's FTM or DCL or whatever. I use both mods but turn off keys in FTM. Having 2 sources of keys means you have 2 MCM options to try to balance. Adding a third via EDD just seemed kind of pointless. 

Just a thought, is all :D

I'm not using FtM and Devious Armour is no longer compatible with Cursed Loot, so I dropped CL. I don't know of any other mods that have key generation. Don't know if keys can be crafted, though.

They can be crafted after you complete the DDi quest.

Just a thought, is all :D

I'm not using FtM and Devious Armour is no longer compatible with Cursed Loot, so I dropped CL. I don't know of any other mods that have key generation. Don't know if keys can be crafted, though.

They can be crafted after you complete the DDi quest.

That's what I thought from what I read of it, and I have started it before, but haven't completed it.

I keep finding these cool mods to add .... :P:lol:

• 4 weeks later...

I really like the concept of this mod and would love to use it.  I do have a question relating to the TES5Merged Patch, Wyrebash Patch, Skyproc Patch chain and how this mod handles it's level lists.

Will this over-right the leveled lists from my patchers or does it simply add to them once in game?

EDIT:  Gah cut off then doubled itself... stupid internet connection... -slaps my computer and modem-

Leveled lists really aren't the problem for this mod - it doesn't modify any vanilla leveled lists. 

It does modify vanilla containers. So the problem is that if Mod A and Mod B both add items to the same container then whichever mods loads last will win out. With a TesEdit patch Mod A and Mod B both win - Both mods will be able to add items to the same container. 

Just to be clear you don't need all those patches. Some skyproc patchers may fix leveled lists and I know Wyre bash fixes them as well but since EDD doesn't modify vanilla leveled lists it's not a requirement for this mod. Technically, even a TesEdit patch may or may not be required depending on what other mods your using and your load order. But just to be on the safe side I'd really recommend using one. Plus it will probably fix a bunch of other stuff you didn't know about. 

Hope this helps. 

Leveled lists really aren't the problem for this mod - it doesn't modify any vanilla leveled lists. 

It does modify vanilla containers. So the problem is that if Mod A and Mod B both add items to the same container then whichever mods loads last will win out. With a TesEdit patch Mod A and Mod B both win - Both mods will be able to add items to the same container. 

Just to be clear you don't need all those patches. Some skyproc patchers may fix leveled lists and I know Wyre bash fixes them as well but since EDD doesn't modify vanilla leveled lists it's not a requirement for this mod. Technically, even a TesEdit patch may or may not be required depending on what other mods your using and your load order. But just to be on the safe side I'd really recommend using one. Plus it will probably fix a bunch of other stuff you didn't know about. 

Hope this helps. 

I'm running around 160ish mods right now including PerMa, DSR, OBIS, SiC, Revenge of the Enemies, Forgotten Magic, Apocalypse, SL Framework, DD, CL, RND, HO, Warmongers Armory, etc etc.   With the amount of mods that I run I use WyreBash to handle leveled lists primarily and use the TES5 Merged Patch for all the things it does better than Wyre Bash.  I've tried running with only one or the other in addition to the two Skyproc Patchers (PerMa and DSR) and inevitably something goes screwy.  Heck, I usually end up having to go into the PerMa Skyproc patch and do a few manual edits due to LOOT sorting some mods into an order that negates changes of one mod or another, usually Disparity's changes to racial skill bumps.

But thank you, I'll have to see about slipping this into my mod list.  I was just afraid it would argue with something like Forgotten Magic or Apocalypse.

EDIT: Incidentally, I saw someone asking about a WinterMyst enchantments with these earlier.  I know making a Skyproc patcher was mentioned as being a pain, but what about a straight compatibility patch similar to many of the patches available for SkyRE and PerMa?  I'm not real familiar with what would need to be done, but if you are patching for one thing and one thing only (tie in to WinterMyst) why run a variable patch program?  Wouldn't a static patch work equally as well and be easier to code?  I ask because I too would love to use the WinterMyst enchantments with Devious Devices.

I think the biggest problem there is simply manageability. I've already got one patch for devious armors. If wintermyst gets an update then EDD will likely need an update. If EDD updates then I'd need to create a vanilla EDD update and a wintermyst update and a devious armors update. A lot of the work is hugely repetitive and I'm just one guy ;)

That said, wintermyst seems to be popular (don't use it myself) but I'm already looking into working something out: 

Edit: There is the small problem of permissions though. Can't see any mention of permissions on the nexus page. I'd have to ask I guess. Probably won't go down well :D

RkqYJgF.png

• 3 weeks later...

Is there any news on wintermyst support?  I hope the mod author did not decline :C

Good news, bad news, bad news on that front. 

Good news: Permission doesn't seem to be a problem at all. Kudos to EnaiSiaion on that. 

Bad news: It look like the next few months are going to be really, really busy for me. Not sure how much free time I'm going to have. 

Bad news 2: Since the string table issue has at long last been fixed (thanks again to all for that) I've been able to actually play Skyrim again and I've encountered the weird bug similar to what a couple of other posters have mentioned here. In my case it was an anal plug that thought it was a set of nipple piercings - Anal plug in the inventory but behaved like nipple piercings when interacting with it. I don't know what's causing it but I'm pretty sure it's script related. I checked over the properties and they look fine. If any one knows how to reliable reproduce the bug I'd love to know. 

I'd like to focus any free time I might get on bullet-proofing the script first and foremost. It needs to be robust. 

• 1 month later...

It's called WT-Ebonite Harmess of Renewal base id e2003282

It's strange, when I equip the harness I get a free set of nipple piercings that automatically equip with the harness

The harness is still in my inventory

Piercings are Nipple Piecings (Shock) of Minor Sure Grip Base id e2001b5a

Looks like it might be a glitch if I console the harness in a save prior to finding the harness in game it works properly

I have a similar issue:

I found a "RD Ebonite Corset of Eminent Smithing" (quite a while back). Equipping it additionally(!) equips "Pony Boots of Revival", which magically appear in the inventory. (however they are only shown as equipped when I close and reopen the inventory)

When I unlock and unequip them, the corset is still equipped, but unequiping and re-equiping that also equips the boots.

When I move them out of my inventory, a new pair is created.

(I first noticed this because my normal boots where no longer equipped)

For the IDs, how do I find these?

(Yesterday I even had a situation where the pony boots and my normal armor-boots where BOTH equipped. But the next "deviously helpless"-event changed that and I could not reproduce it)

post-1297549-0-71212800-1470426294_thumb.jpg

post-1297549-0-62896500-1470426299_thumb.jpg

It's called WT-Ebonite Harmess of Renewal base id e2003282

It's strange, when I equip the harness I get a free set of nipple piercings that automatically equip with the harness

The harness is still in my inventory

Piercings are Nipple Piecings (Shock) of Minor Sure Grip Base id e2001b5a

Looks like it might be a glitch if I console the harness in a save prior to finding the harness in game it works properly

I have a similar issue:

I found a "RD Ebonite Corset of Eminent Smithing" (quite a while back). Equipping it additionally(!) equips "Pony Boots of Revival", which magically appear in the inventory. (however they are only shown as equipped when I close and reopen the inventory)

When I unlock and unequip them, the corset is still equipped, but unequiping and re-equiping that also equips the boots.

When I move them out of my inventory, a new pair is created.

(I first noticed this because my normal boots where no longer equipped)

For the IDs, how do I find these?

(Yesterday I even had a situation where the pony boots and my normal armor-boots where BOTH equipped. But the next "deviously helpless"-event changed that and I could not reproduce it)

Yup. It is an odd one. The biggest problem I have with trying to fix it is reproducing the damned bug. 

If anyone would be willing to test some changes I made to the script to see if it keeps happening I would really appreciate it. It's basically the same script only with some modifications to the parameters passed to DDi. The unequip/equip cycle is a little slower though that could just be my laptop. I'm hoping it's just some race condition I'm creating in the DDi framework that's causing it. 

EDD_MagnitudeTracker.7z

I've run into the same bug on occasion. I think it may be due, in part, to Cursed Loot. That bug seems to happen when I have both mods installed, but hardly ever when I don't have Cursed Loot installed.

there is another bug, though. It seems that if your character is already wearing an EDD device and you go to store a similar EDD in a chest, that 2nd (and 3rd, 4th ...) also get put on the character. Example. Ravyn was wearing WT-Ebonite Restricitve Boots of Smithing. She goes to put WT-Ebonite Restrictive Boots of Health in her chest only to have those boots put on her. She ended up wearing BOTH pairs at the same time and receiving both buffs.

I've run into the same bug on occasion. I think it may be due, in part, to Cursed Loot. That bug seems to happen when I have both mods installed, but hardly ever when I don't have Cursed Loot installed.

there is another bug, though. It seems that if your character is already wearing an EDD device and you go to store a similar EDD in a chest, that 2nd (and 3rd, 4th ...) also get put on the character. Example. Ravyn was wearing WT-Ebonite Restricitve Boots of Smithing. She goes to put WT-Ebonite Restrictive Boots of Health in her chest only to have those boots put on her. She ended up wearing BOTH pairs at the same time and receiving both buffs.

Thanks Sarge, I have been able to reproduce that bug at least. I think it relates to this quote from the DDi page:

- Attempting to interact with a specific device while having multiple instances of it in your inventory is ill-advised, due to a limitation with Skyrim. Doing so will unpredictably cause Skyrim to not send the Papyrus events that the devices require to function (OnUnequipped / OnEquipped), leading to a device visually being equipped, despite being unequipped in your inventory. If you encounter this issue, remove all but one copy of the problem-device from your inventory, then re-equip said device.

The good news is I've managed to fix it... for chastity bras... The Bad news is the fix involves creating a new script instance armor for each EDD. So, 169 done, 26,000 to go  :D :CryFace:

Hopefully it's also the cause of the other bugs but I'm not convinced. Perhaps this along with the changes I made to the script will stop it though I'm concerned that the Form list EDD uses to track what your character is wearing is becoming corrupt somehow (overloaded papyrus perhaps). I'll need to add a check for that. 

Thanks.

This is the current work around I'm using

Use console to get keys (using player.additem command)

unlock/remove everything she's wearing

put in storage those things she won't be wearing

put devices back on her

use console to remove the keys (using player.removeitem command)

~~~~

[added]

A thought ... I don't have the skills (yet) to work on mods, but is it possible to add a single script that would check for duplicates and prevent wearing them?

The problems got to do with the internal workings of DDi and I definitely don't want to go messing around in there. Once I get the individual RenderedDevices created it should solve the bug. 

That's going to take time though. I've been at it for a couple of hours now and I've only managed to fix 1352 items :(

By that I mean that it's not EDD that's actually equipping stacking items on you (but it is EDDs fault). It's DDi that's doing the equipping. EDD only unequips/equips once you leave the inventory menu. 

Case in point I've discovered the same bug in DD expansion. 

1. Console yourself RD-Blindfold (xx011110) AND RD-Custom Blindfold (xx013354)

2. Open inventory and equip RD-Custom Blindfold and close inventory.

3. Try to stash RD-Blindfold into a container.

4. You're now wearing two blindfolds :P

Because (I think) they both share the "deviceRendered" property it causes DDi some trouble internally and you end up with both equipped. 

This mod is a lovely idea but could you instead (or additionally) make it possible to enchant stuff yourself? I want to be able to put enchantments on things but the enchantments are always greyed out currently if I try. I want to be able to add things like magic resist to nipple piercings and such.

This mod is a lovely idea but could you instead (or additionally) make it possible to enchant stuff yourself? I want to be able to put enchantments on things but the enchantments are always greyed out currently if I try. I want to be able to add things like magic resist to nipple piercings and such.

Yup, I had plans on that.