You know what's annoying about Falluot 4?

What's most annoying about the game is that Mod Organizer doesn't work yet.

I mean it mostly works, but it's unreliable. 

In order to use the mods I want to use, i've gotta use NexusMM. I've not used it since this time 4 yrs ago after skyrim came out. It makes me lose my faith in humanity.

Just sayin.

You can install mods from anywhere with the Nexus Mod Manager, so it doesn't matter what Nexus' opinion of sex mods. (They're allowed btw, just not the extreme stuff) The main problem with Nexus Mod Manager is it puts the files directly into your game folder, making it possible to mess up the entire installation. Mod Organizer creates a virtual data folder and runs the game from there meaning your install is always clean.

I believe the latest versions of NMM place the files in a virtual installation, and you can swap between mod profiles too.

Upon activating a mod, it's still placed in the games' data directory, and that is something MO supposedly does slightly different. But when it's not active, it shouldn't be in the data directory anymore. Though odd things might happen anyway if you have two mods editing the same thing and had mod #2 overwrite parts of mod #1. If you then de-activate mod #2 again, mod #1 might miss some things.

Guest Mogie56

Mod Organizer not working yet has nothing to do with Fallout 4, but has everything to do with Mod Organizer. Why blame it on Fallout 4, there are already over 20 threads for complaining about Fallout 4, why another? or better yet why play the game?

Mod Organizer not working yet has nothing to do with Fallout 4, but has everything to do with Mod Organizer. Why blame it on Fallout 4, there are already over 20 threads for complaining about Fallout 4, why another? or better yet why play the game?

You missed the point because of my clickbait subject.

My complaint about F4 isn't F4 at all. It's ancillary apps.

Hmm, interesting, in my next time with skyrim i will try that, any other advantages to use MO agains Nexus?

1) virtual data dir. 

NMM does "A" virtual dir, but it basically builds the dir and stores it elsewhere. Then when you "switch profiles" it does filecopies. MO does completely virtual. The data dir is built in memory then replaces the game data dir  in memory as the game is launched. No files are written. It's fast and accurate. And because of the memory based directory build, the original game dir remains untouched. Nothing is written to the games data dir.

2) the virtual data dir is built via drag n drop interface. You put things in the order that you want them, and that's the order that things are loaded in memory. IOW, things are overwritten at load time only. CBBE body, then the skin, then the bodyslide mesh, then the outfits, then the outfit skins. If you finde that something in that order isn't working right, drag n drop change it... cbbe body, skin, outfits, outfit skins, bodyslide mesh. NMM allows plugin load order, but asset (hard files) order is hard set because files were overwritten.

I could go on and on here about reasons why it's a better app . . . but mostly it's about the reasons I can't think of. 

I discovered MO about the following March after skyrims release. In that time I had been using NMM and had reinstalled skyrim twice. 2x in 4-5 months. Between that day and the day of F4's release, I never reinstalled again.

Dude it is simply a superior app. All the way around. 

what is so bad about nexus?

Nexus the site isn't bad . . . in general. I mean I've got some specific gripes, but they're pretty much techy shit about style choices.

However, NMM is bad.

Guest Mogie56

You missed the point because of my clickbait subject.

My complaint about F4 isn't F4 at all. It's ancillary apps.

Seems I did indeed, my comment was more reactionary then anything, funky day yesterday. My initial experiences with NMM were nightmareish, it's newness and all. The times I tried MO were even more a nightmare. not savvy with it. Now I use NMM with no trouble when initially it hated my system.

I've seen no problem from NMM in the use of any of this sites mods sex or otherwise in regards to NMM. between each other plenty but that's to be expected. question. it's been stated NMM doesn't allow certain sex mods. just how is this piece of software going to weed out "certain" sex mods.

reason I ask is I believe I've used every one of them at some point and never had a problem. what would NMM actually look for. I've also heard it's been gone through with a fine toothed comb and nothing was found to support these claims. 

You got me there. For a moment I thought you found an annoyance that actually matters. :P

I am not sure I will ever understand how people can be more obsessed with the mod manager they are using than the actual game, particularly if one is available that does the job just fine.

Only thing that really annoys -me- about FO4 is the current lack of CK.

You got me there. For a moment I thought you found an annoyance that actually matters. :P

I am not sure I will ever understand how people can be more obsessed with the mod manager they are using than the actual game, particularly if one is available that does the job just fine.

I'm not obsessed with the mod manager, I'm annoyed with the lack of flexibility. To a one, whenever I'm able to help someone to break their assumptions about modding, they realize that MO is a better way to do it. 

There's a ton of shit in my game dir. With MO, there's nothing in my game dir. Which means that conflicting mods don't have to be reinstalled to establish preference. 

Anyway, when there's no more lack of CK, guaranteed. . . there will be a lack of documentation. 

For example... right now. If I wanted to 

post-37623-0-60996600-1453867988_thumb.jpg

Delete those bits . . . how would I do that? 

Nobody will just take a few minutes to actually put docs down. 

To a one, whenever I'm able to help someone to break their assumptions about modding, they realize that MO is a better way to do it.

Then you just met the first exception to that rule. ;)

The only thing I really find annoying is no dual wield, should be able to dual wield melee and pistols.

Also, there's no mechanism for swinging from chandeliers. :)

Seriously, I'd love to be able to do a sword and blaster playthrough.

Do you know HOW COOL that would be, like ohh no DEATH CLAW!!! and jump onto a sign and just hang there ( if you are downtown) or in a building just hang from that chandelier................ HAHAHAHAHAAHA, Can't get me now death KITTY!!!!

To a one, whenever I'm able to help someone to break their assumptions about modding, they realize that MO is a better way to do it.

Then you just met the first exception to that rule. ;)

That's not true. I didn't help you with anything.

Also, there's a difference between "just fine" and "well". A Yugo will get you from point A to point B "just fine". The train will do it "well".

Lack of a "groovatron" type interface. you'd think after 3andNewVegas they'd give the fans what they want.

at least there's a promise of a creation kit which I suppose could repair some of the doofuss choices the designers made.

Why render most models and textures incompatable? Boils down to control.

Why not realistic weapons? That pipsses me off as much as the brahmin on the roof thing.Sure it was interesting even funny once but ,no variable zoom scopes? Geez can't they see an improvement when they see it?

Bethesda coulda took credit for many of the incredible mods due to come out to remedy this trainwreck.

Instead they chose to add crafting?really?why not destructable environment improvements?crafting is nice but it takes over the game with a limited,by design,interface.

Many people are disappointed with the route they took.

Hope obsidian gets another try-at least the story could be refreshed,without redefining the base world modding techniques possibly,of course the damage done torpedoed the modding community imho,cost them Game of the Year.

any way its the only fallout4 we got so.......I love it.

and hate it. is there any other way to describe a fallout game?

• 4 months later...

The only thing I really find annoying is no dual wield, should be able to dual wield melee and pistols.

Also, there's no mechanism for swinging from chandeliers. :)

Seriously, I'd love to be able to do a sword and blaster playthrough.

Do you know HOW COOL that would be, like ohh no DEATH CLAW!!! and jump onto a sign and just hang there ( if you are downtown) or in a building just hang from that chandelier................ HAHAHAHAHAAHA, Can't get me now death KITTY!!!!

EPIC!!!!

Archived