No Standalone Follower Tutorial that includes use of MO.

King_of_Kings

Okay, so after spending 3+ weeks searching through all the tutorials I could get my hands on so as to finally finish a follower I'm making, I'm coming here for help.

Does anyone know of a tutorials to create standalone followers that involve Mod Organizer, as all the ones I've gone through are all working on the assumption that you are NOT using MO because everything is in the Data folder, and MO users know that MO doesn't clog the vanilla data folder, it creates a pseudo one in MO's files.

Anything at all would be a help, 3+ weeks of constant failures and unusable information is driving me downright insane, I'm seriously thinking of giving up on modding altogether cause of this.

PLEASE! I'm begging for someone to help me please.

Hello.

I think that more than a "tutorial for follower", you need a "tutorial to do mods using MO".

I do modding using Mod Organizer, and for about everything (except scripts) everything is just fine.

(Scripts requires some small tricks)

So:

if you need with anything relate to follower, just ask (or check my guide)

if you have some sort of problems by doing mods in MO, just ask (again), and I will tell you what I know.

• 11 months later...

Hello.

I think that more than a "tutorial for follower", you need a "tutorial to do mods using MO".

I do modding using Mod Organizer, and for about everything (except scripts) everything is just fine.

(Scripts requires some small tricks)

So:

if you need with anything relate to follower, just ask (or check my guide)

if you have some sort of problems by doing mods in MO, just ask (again), and I will tell you what I know.

I understand his frustration, I'm trying to make a follower using MO as well. Could you provide a link to your guides please.

EDIT: just found it through your profile page, 

• 7 months later...

Well I tried following that guide but it doesn't work.  No matter where I put the custom textures (under data there's no texture folder btw - just a bsa) - I tried in the override folder, in a named folder directly under data, in a mod folder under mod organizer - I get the same message : invalid directory.  So I don't know... last time I fiddled around was 3 years ago but I only had hair and eyes - perhaps I should limit myself to that or forget about custom followers altogether.

If you have a large hardrive, you can always make a partition and install another Windows and Skyrim and use that for testing your mod.

If you have extra hardrives on your computer, you can also do the same with them. Either of these methods would ensure nothing happens to your main install.

Archived