How do I find custom IDs for hair?

​Assuming that you have installed a 3rd party hair mod, find the hair style ​name  in Racemenu. Then open the console and type "help <hairstylename>". Then the hairstyle ID will show up.

I put an example in the screenshots of this mod (screenshots 20+21). Let's say you have the "Merida Hair with physics" installed and are looking for the ID of the hairstyle named "Merida's Hair Short". Open the console and type "help merida", and you will see that the corresponding ID is "Yoo_MeridaHair_Short". This is what you type into the MCM menu (see screenshot 21).

http://www.loverslab.com/index.php?app=downloads&module=display&section=screenshot&record=501048&id=2583&full=1

http://www.loverslab.com/index.php?app=downloads&module=display&section=screenshot&record=501049&id=2583&full=1

It is also possible to look up the hair ID in CreationKit.

Ah I forgot about the old help trick, thanks!

Cool.. I will test it.

I just added a separate checkbox for hair control in Hormones (not released yet though).

I could eventually outsource all hair / nails / makeup to your mod if Hormones detects it :)

Would you consider adding the following if it isn't there already?

- a mod event to force a hair level/type (I could use that for hairloss or shaved events in Hormones and SD+)

- storageUtl variables for the state of the main checkboxes in your menu (enable hair control, enable makeup, etc..). I trust storageUtil variable access a lot more than the clunky get from game file with formID (I still think Skyrim has a tendency to crash when file access are too frequent).

Haha! Yeah, I know I haven't been engaged in a little, but I started working on integrating SLH and YPS myself just over last weekend. It's pretty darn easy especially since the emily1673 (Heya! Your mod rocks BTW!) made most things available thorugh modevents. XD XD XD I'm stoked!... and happy to leave this to the professionals if you are on it skyrimll and emily1673.

emily1673, I haven't dug into the latest YPS version yet, but I was thinking the high heel training as a modevent, of which there was a stub for in the previous version might be interesting to skyrimll, especially given the path of the bad end skyrimll has outlined in the comments of their code in SLH.

emily1673... Once again I haven't checked the new version out totally, but the permanent option seemed to just affect the fade on makeup, but it was still vulnerable to smudging. I could totally see a permanent makeup event from a tattoo standpoint. It would be easy enough in the code. I have it mostly working, with the idea that you could still put other makeup over top of it that would fade/smudge. However, my animation skills... well they are a bag of fail. It would be amazing to actually be able to go to a tattoo parlor and have the immersive experience. Magical options would be nice too. I'm going to write a letter to Santa and put that on my wish list, even if I expect that I will get a lump of coal instead.

Thanks for the mods!

Haha! Yeah, I know I haven't been engaged in a little, but I started working on integrating SLH and YPS myself just over last weekend. It's pretty darn easy especially since the emily1673 (Heya! Your mod rocks BTW!) made most things available thorugh modevents. XD XD XD I'm stoked!... and happy to leave this to the professionals if you are on it skyrimll and emily1673.

emily1673, I haven't dug into the latest YPS version yet, but I was thinking the high heel training as a modevent, of which there was a stub for in the previous version might be interesting to skyrimll, especially given the path of the bad end skyrimll has outlined in the comments of their code in SLH.

emily1673... Once again I haven't checked the new version out totally, but the permanent option seemed to just affect the fade on makeup, but it was still vulnerable to smudging. I could totally see a permanent makeup event from a tattoo standpoint. It would be easy enough in the code. I have it mostly working, with the idea that you could still put other makeup over top of it that would fade/smudge. However, my animation skills... well they are a bag of fail. It would be amazing to actually be able to go to a tattoo parlor and have the immersive experience. Magical options would be nice too. I'm going to write a letter to Santa and put that on my wish list, even if I expect that I will get a lump of coal instead.

Thank you for the feedback.

I am happy to add more modevents (in particular one to control the heel training stages, to prevent smuding of lipstick/eyeshadow, or to "tattoo" makeup on your face). A tattoo shop is also on the to-do-list.

However, this all has to wait until next year, because the development of this mod is on hold for a few weeks (Santa vacation). I will be on the forums though.

Another idea I had (not yet implemented), is a "nag-system" for various fashion features that can be controlled with mod-event. It is some sort of addiction. For example, a mod-event that forces the player to wear lipstick; if you remove the lipstick or if it wears off, you will be constantly nagged by debuffs, popup reminders, subliminal messages, annoying animations etc., reminding you of your situation. So you are kinda forced to use lipstick all the time.

So that would be another choice, rather than the "non-removable" makeup implemented already.

I like it a lot so far.

Two more ideas of settings or mod events if you are still taking requests:

- a mod event to set the hair color. I could use that for the Bimbo curse and the future Alicia quest in SD+

- a switch to disable/enable application of DD slow animations when ankle irons are equipped as they override the kneeling animations I have in SD+. It would be nice to give people the choice between the two if possible.

- a mod event to set the hair color. I could use that for the Bimbo curse and the future Alicia quest in SD+

- a switch to disable/enable application of DD slow animations when ankle irons are equipped as they override the kneeling animations I have in SD+. It would be nice to give people the choice between the two if possible.

This is easily done and will come with the next update. :)

thank you so much for the hair growth - it's a feature I've been longing for. unfortunately, it doesn't seem to work - i entered in the id's and corresponding hair lengths, then cut my hair, but it doesn't change the current hair. i tried it on a new game, with the same result. still testing things (like starting with a vanilla hairstyle instead of a KS one) to see if i can pinpoint the issue.

on a side note, it would be nice if you could implement JContainers or FISS or some other method to keep the hairstyles we choose saved from game to game. When I started a new game, I had to enter all of the hairstyle numbers from scratch.

thank you so much for the hair growth - it's a feature I've been longing for. unfortunately, it doesn't seem to work - i entered in the id's and corresponding hair lengths, then cut my hair, but it doesn't change the current hair. i tried it on a new game, with the same result. still testing things (like starting with a vanilla hairstyle instead of a KS one) to see if i can pinpoint the issue.

on a side note, it would be nice if you could implement JContainers or FISS or some other method to keep the hairstyles we choose saved from game to game. When I started a new game, I had to enter all of the hairstyle numbers from scratch.

​Thank you for testing the new version. This is still alpha, so some features are not very convenient, and bugs are likely. Very sorry for that.

In theory, making the custom hairstyles work as default should work like this:

- start up the mod, wait until the window pops up and choose an initial hair length of your choice; best is to start with very long hair.

- open MCM menu, enter a few custom hairstyles

-- make sure that the length matches (e.g. custom style 5 MUST have length 5 (ear length), ... custom style 15 MUST have length 15 (classic length).)

-- make sure that you enter the ID of the hairstyle, and not the name (as stated in the mod description)

-- any typo, and the hair will not show correctly

I recommend to start with 2-3 custom styles at first, so you don't waste too much time typing.

- Make sure that the option "Custom Styles are used as Default" is checked in the MCM (should be as default value).

- Then use the scissors and cut the hair to a length where you have a custom style set (this can be the same length as your current hair).

- or use shampoo, to style to any custom hair length, that matches your current length (custom style number does not matter here)

Now the custom style should show up as default hair style.

Using a new game or an existing one should make no difference.

These hair IDs should definitely work (as they are from the vanilla game):

shoulder length (#8): HairFemaleNord02,HairFemaleNord03, HairFemaleNord04, HairFemaleNord06, HairFemaleNord08, HairFemaleNord19,

armpit length (#9): HairFemaleNord10,HairFemaleNord09, HairFemaleNord13

bra strap length (#10): HairFemaleNord17

Some samples from "KS Hair HDT" (note the "1" at the beginning of the IDs):

shoulder length (#8): 1Angelic

armpit length (#9): 1Wine

bra strap length (#10): 1Cassy

If it does not, then we have a bug, which I will try to fix.

Please post whether you use racemenu or "enhanced character edit", and also any possibly conflicting mods (but please do not post your full load order ;)).

------------------------------------------

Another thing I could need help from all of you:

If you have time, please try the existing 30 hair colors, and check whether these colors look ok.

If not, it would be great if you could provide better RGB values.

Also, I would be happy to add more hair colors. Please feel free to provide additional names and RGB values.

Thank you all for testing! :)

Small bug reports: 

- The NPCs you added to Radiant Raiments have the infamous Grey Face bug. 

I didn't check other places yet.

- When asking to have a clitoris or nipples pierced and wearing clothes, you still get 'Ughh.. that was intense' and no piercings.

It took me a minute to realize I did have to remove my clothes in order for the piercing to proceed.

At first, I thought the removal of clothes was implied and that the piercing didn't work.

- The NPCs you added to Radiant Raiments have the infamous Grey Face bug. 

I didn't check other places yet.

This is bad news, because I can neither reproduce the bug, nor do I know how to fix it. But thanks for pointing it out.

- When asking to have a clitoris or nipples pierced and wearing clothes, you still get 'Ughh.. that was intense' and no piercings.

It took me a minute to realize I did have to remove my clothes in order for the piercing to proceed.

At first, I thought the removal of clothes was implied and that the piercing didn't work.

Hm, this is also not working as intended. If you want to get the clit, nipples or navel pierced, the script will remove your clothes by calling UnequipItemSlot(32) . Maybe the removal failed in your case?

Anyhow, the piercing should succeed, even if the clothes were not successfully removed. Sometimes the stud piercings will only show up at a distance (and can easily be overlooked); sometimes saving and loading the game helps. Do you receive an "Empty Piercing Box" after piercing?

First time using this mod would it mess things up if i was to merge the nail and hair mods together? Would they still work with your mod if I were to do that?

It depends what you plan to merge.

Version 5 of this mod also contains all previous features.

The following add-on mods should not be merged if you want to use them, because key items might no longer be recognized:

Facial Piercings, Litheria Armor, SoS for Females, Nordic Warmaiden Body Hair, Kaw's Claws, both HN66 mods

First time using this mod would it mess things up if i was to merge the nail and hair mods together? Would they still work with your mod if I were to do that?

The following add-on mods should not be merged if you want to use them, because key items might no longer be recognized:

Facial Piercings, Litheria Armor, SoS for Females, Nordic Warmaiden Body Hair, Kaw's Claws, both HN66 mods,

ah that sucks i really need to get rid of some mods then anyway xD

Facial Piercings, Litheria Armor, SoS for Females, Nordic Warmaiden Body Hair, Kaw's Claws, both HN66 mods,

Well, However, the hair mods can be merged without problem. And Kaw's + HN66 nail mods are not really needed (you still got over 30 nailpolish colors to choose from).

The hair color is still an issue for me.  It's always black.  This must be a tough issue since giving my character SOS pubes through the SOS MCN only sometimes gives me the correct color.  Most of the time its black. 

I have a request to make of you.  You've already done something similar to what I was wanting with the high heel training.  I want to have a speed penalty for running around barefoot.  This is outside of the high heel training.  Would you make a separate mod with MCN speed settings for anytime you are barefoot?  It seems to make sense if you are accustomed to wearing shoes that you would be slower barefoot, running over rough terrain (no callouses), thus making it harder to escape your overpowered enemy. 

Thanks again for this great mod.

I just checked the code again. If you try getting these body parts pierced when wearing clothing, you should get a Debug.Messagebox("You need to remove your body clothes before getting a body piercing.")

A similar messagebox will appear for other piercing slots (e.g. you need to remove a blindfold before getting an eyebrow piercing; the same also before removing a boxed eyebrow piercing).

The dialogue is indeed misleading, and I will change it to something else.

The hair color is still an issue for me. It's always black. This must be a tough issue since giving my character SOS pubes through the SOS MCN only sometimes gives me the correct color. Most of the time its black.

I have a request to make of you. You've already done something similar to what I was wanting with the high heel training. I want to have a speed penalty for running around barefoot. This is outside of the high heel training. Would you make a separate mod with MCN speed settings for anytime you are barefoot? It seems to make sense if you are accustomed to wearing shoes that you would be slower barefoot, running over rough terrain (no callouses), thus making it harder to escape your overpowered enemy.

Thanks for reporting the issue with the "black hair". I will look into it.

A mod adjusting barefoot walking speed can surely be done. However, currently I am focused on getting the hair mod working.

For the grey face bug, here is what you need to do:

1- Select your actors in the editor (CTRL+Click to select them all)

2- Press CTRL+F4 to export facegen files for these actors and wait until you get a popup window saying Done

3- Look into:

Data\meshes\actors\character\FaceGenData\FaceGeom\yps-ImmersivePiercing.esp - you should have NIF files there

Data\textures\actors\character\FaceGenData\FaceTint\yps-ImmersivePiercing.esp - you should find texture files there too

Include these two paths into your zip file and you should be good to go.

For the piercing, I did get the messagebox saying that I needed to remove my clothes but right after that, the dialogue still said ' ugh... that was intense' as if the piercing had been applied.

Well, However, the hair mods can be merged without problem. And Kaw's + HN66 nail mods are not really needed (you still got over 30 nailpolish colors to choose from).

Oh thats good to know thanks!

For some reason the heels are invisible? I have Devious Devices installed in addition to HDT heels.

This mod contains no heels, so it must be a problem of a 3rd party mod.

A common reason why DD items do not show up is that Bodyslide meshes have not been built

why need sexlab ?

It is somewhere hidden in the high heel system. If demand is high enough, I can make a sexlab-free version, once the hair mod is finished.

i love your mod and that all concept - but i found one problem - not sure how it is related with your mod (- suspected is slavetats too)- after travel or waiting i have few time strong freezes - about 0.5 ~ 1s - i think that it's related directly with Your mod or with tatoos upgrade - anyway it's make game a little painful. i think that it's problem with hairs update. i for tests turned off all except public hairs and arm pits  (all what is possible) and i noticed this effect every time :(

what i'm using?

• KS Hairdos - HDT Physics-70363-1-0
  • Nordic Warmaiden Body Hair - 4K Res - v2.1.0
  • ypsImmersiveFashionSoundPack (v4.1 and up)
  • ypsImmersiveFashion UNP Bodypiercings Patch (v4.1 and up)

+ (not together :) )

yps-ImmersiveFashion(4.4.0) and/or yps-ImmersiveFashion(5.0.1.2 ALPHA)

my PC is relative strong i have always 60FPS  - and i never noticed same problem with another mods.

do You know this problem, or it's only my individual case?

thx for Your work!

i love your mod and that all concept - but i found one problem - not sure how it is related with your mod (- suspected is slavetats too)- after travel or waiting i have few time strong freezes - about 0.5 ~ 1s - i think that it's related directly with Your mod or with tatoos upgrade - anyway it's make game a little painful. i think that it's problem with hairs update. i for tests turned off all except public hairs and arm pits  (all what is possible) and i noticed this effect every time :(

what i'm using?

• KS Hairdos - HDT Physics-70363-1-0
  • Nordic Warmaiden Body Hair - 4K Res - v2.1.0
  • ypsImmersiveFashionSoundPack (v4.1 and up)
  • ypsImmersiveFashion UNP Bodypiercings Patch (v4.1 and up)
+ (not together :) )

yps-ImmersiveFashion(4.4.0) and/or yps-ImmersiveFashion(5.0.1.2 ALPHA)

my PC is relative strong i have always 60FPS  - and i never noticed same problem with another mods.

do You know this problem, or it's only my individual case?

thx for Your work!

Thanks for reporting the issue.

First remove any make-up (lipstick, eyeshadow, nail polish), and disable pubic/armpit hair growth in MCM.

Then please check, whether the problem persists, and also whether versions 4.4.0 and 5.0.1.2 make a difference. (Never install both of them; 5.0.1.2 conflicts with 4.4.0)

Please also check, if the problem persists with SlaveTats uninstalled.

Then I can think about possible solutions.