Just now, Balgin said:

That's alright. It gives me more time to avoid working on the dint hair pack config files. When dint updated one of the packs hair model 3 was completely replaced/moved in the number order so it's the wrong length in the config file. I also need to sort out most of the models for hair pack 2. One of the problems with the dint hair packs is that there's multiple versions of each hair model. Often the alternate versions have black roots or are black with coloured tips but the black texture on those hairs is so bad (flat, textureless) that they often don't look very good in game so I need to sort through them to get to the actual normal versions of the hair models. Also the alternate ones aren't always the same model which makes it even more time consuming.

Adding your KS hair config file actually also is no biggie -> now added to 6.3.1 as well.

@emily1673 since you seem to be back with us full time (yay!), I'd like to make a suggestion.

Vampire hair control doesn't quite work and causes more problems than it's actually worth. I know for a fact that YPS has a script that disables colour change and/or hair cutting - I'd like to suggest implementing this solution if vampirism is detected. Even if the hair monitor is turned off, the vampire's hair can still be cut and it restores the hair to its default length after the cut. In the original YPS this wasn't an issue, player could just avoid the hair stylist, but with the Monoman's rape settings in SLS this does get in the way, so I think it would be best if any hairstyle change from the YPS side was disabled for vampires.

2 hours ago, kapibar said:

@emily1673 since you seem to be back with us full time (yay!), I'd like to make a suggestion.

Vampire hair control doesn't quite work and causes more problems than it's actually worth. I know for a fact that YPS has a script that disables colour change and/or hair cutting - I'd like to suggest implementing this solution if vampirism is detected. Even if the hair monitor is turned off, the vampire's hair can still be cut and it restores the hair to its default length after the cut. In the original YPS this wasn't an issue, player could just avoid the hair stylist, but with the Monoman's rape settings in SLS this does get in the way, so I think it would be best if any hairstyle change from the YPS side was disabled for vampires.

This could be tricky because cured vampires still need to use vampire hair control otherwise it just doesn't work for them at all. Would vampirism still be detected for cured vampires? It would make the Dawnguard quest lines much harder to play through.

Edited by Balgin
4 hours ago, Balgin said:

This could be tricky because cured vampires still need to use vampire hair control otherwise it just doesn't work for them at all. Would vampirism still be detected for cured vampires? It would make the Dawnguard quest lines much harder to play through.

Look at it this way - lack of hair growth is a consequence of vampirism. Ultimately - cured or not - you became an undead bloodsucker. It is difficult to expect your body to return to complete normality. And the current hair management system throws PC's face into the grinder, so ultimately this is the better option in my opinion.

16 hours ago, ebbluminous said:

@emily1673 - Are there plans for including tattoos? A cute lil tramp stamp would be perfect!

A very old suggestion I still have on my list. Sure that would be nice, though not with high priority at this time.

12 minutes ago, kapibar said:

Look at it this way - lack of hair growth is a consequence of vampirism. Ultimately - cured or not - you became an undead bloodsucker. It is difficult to expect your body to return to complete normality. And the current hair management system throws PC's face into the grinder, so ultimately this is the better option in my opinion.

I have never really dealt with vampirism, since this mod is focusing more or less on the "realistic" side of skyrim (there is also very few magic, no dragons etc.). Can't vampires just avoid visiting the hairdresser? ... unless they want something else than a haircut of course ?

Edited by emily1673
2 hours ago, emily1673 said:

Can't vampires just avoid visiting the hairdresser? ... unless they want something else than a haircut of course ?

I think some of them get confused when they look through the window and see all those bottles of red hair dye on display....

2 hours ago, emily1673 said:

A very old suggestion I still have on my list. Sure that would be nice, though not with high priority at this time.

I have never really dealt with vampirism, since this mod is focusing more or less on the "realistic" side of skyrim (there is also very few magic, no dragons etc.). Can't vampires just avoid visiting the hairdresser? ... unless they want something else than a haircut of course ?

Dragons can't get a make over? Oh noes! :D

Latest yps le 6.3.2 version high heel training and features won't work anymore i mean se version.but outdated yps Se version working without problems.Did move latest yps le latest mcm file to yps se mcm file replaced...it show latest features bimbo etc in outdated skyrim se version it safe?

Edited by xone567
5 hours ago, emily1673 said:

It never had a wizard. I have tried to repackage sound and texture pack, combining the LE and SE versions and adding a wizard. Does this work?

yps-SoundTexturePackage20230504 LE+SE.7z 45.53 MB · 4 downloads

Yes that worked :)

I've been using the mod for a few days now with SE (version 1.6.640) and haven't run into any issues. Got applied finger nail polish on solitude and in markath i changed my hairstyle. Tried the hair preview too and that worked as well. Used to have this mod on LE, so glad it works with SE / AE too, thank you.

11 hours ago, emily1673 said:

It would work if it was just YPS. Disable hair monitor and avoid hairdresser. But Sexlab Survival has a "fashion rape" function where you can get a haircut after, well, rape. It can be disabled, sure, but it doesn't really solve the underlying problem - YPS doesn't really play well with vamps.

Also, if one is serious about playing the game, becoming a vamp is not something that can be avoided. So this conflict will become a problem at some point.

Edited by kapibar
11 hours ago, emily1673 said:

It would work if it was just YPS. Disable hair monitor and avoid hairdresser. But Sexlab Survival has a "fashion rape" function where you can get a haircut after, well, rape. It can be disabled, sure, but it doesn't really solve the underlying problem - YPS doesn't really play well with vamps.

13 hours ago, emily1673 said:

Another idea... Jewellry Fashion (non-piercings). Thinkings at the least things liek rings and necklaces can contribute to fashion addiction.

4 hours ago, kapibar said:

I played Skyrim a lot (also the vanilla game), but always avoided vampire stuff.

Anyway: what can I do to improve the mod? Something like:

if player == vampire then disablehaircut 

(I think you know what I mean)

... or what?

29 minutes ago, emily1673 said:

... or what?

Yeah, something like that. In the gender change quest at its current state of development the player actually ends up with a hairstyle that cannot be cut, dyed or changed, really. And this solution is quite robust. I figured implementing something like that for vampires wouldn't take too much work on your end, since the solution is (unintendedly) already there. Basically the length of your hair in the moment of the vampire change will remain the same forever (from YPS's POV). Why even bother at all with vampire hair control if you can get it done much easier with what you already have? ☺️

I played Skyrim a lot (also the vanilla game), but always avoided vampire stuff.

Been a while since I played Dawnguard part, but I'm fairly certain being changed into vampire (lord) is unavoidable. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Edited by kapibar
32 minutes ago, emily1673 said:

... or what?

The problem I see is that this would mess up characters who used to be a vampire "but got better" because Vampire hair control is still required for such characters in the current version of the mod even 'though they aren't a vampire any more. Some major quest lines are impossible to complete without becoming a vampire (even if only temporarily - another option is available but it feels like a weak immersion breaking alternative).

3 hours ago, kapibar said:

Been a while since I played Dawnguard part, but I'm fairly certain being changed into vampire (lord) is unavoidable. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

It is 100% avoidable if you side with the Dawnguard, it's only if you side with the vampires that you have to become one.

7 hours ago, shrtjsrtj said:

It is 100% avoidable if you side with the Dawnguard, it's only if you side with the vampires that you have to become one.

If I recall correctly, when you side with the Dawnguard Serana turns you into VL in order to enter the Soul Cairn.

1 hour ago, kapibar said:

If I recall correctly, when you side with the Dawnguard Serana turns you into VL in order to enter the Soul Cairn.

You get the option of VL or being partially soul-trapped (nerfs your stats while in the Soul Cairn until you recover your soul gem).

3 hours ago, chaimhewast said:

You get the option of VL or being partially soul-trapped (nerfs your stats while in the Soul Cairn until you recover your soul gem).

I stand corrected then. Still, the point stands: the player has to make actual effort in order to avoid being transformed.

NEW on 2023/05/06: Merger of SE and LE Version (read this):

From now on, SE and LE versions will be merged into a single download.

The downloads also have an install wizard (wizard.txt) where you can chose from LE and SE during installation, to make installation easier.

This includes the "sound & texture pack" uploaded on 06 May 2023 (which is still required, but now combines SE+LE), and YPS mod version 6.3.1 (uploaded on 30 April 2023).

Future versions of this mod will be the same way.

Note that development and support for this mod is for LE version only. If you have issues with the SE version, you can still post them (preferably in the SE thread), but I generally will not fix any bugs (though maybe other people here have a solution).

DOWNLOADS OF NEW VERSIONS (6.3.1 and above) ARE NOW EXCLUSIVELY AVAILABLE ON THE LE VERSION SITE.

-

Aside from that, a little teaser: the next version (6.4., adding a new feature) is almost ready, will be posted in a few days.

38 minutes ago, emily1673 said:

NEW on 2023/05/06: Merger of SE and LE Version (read this):

From now on, SE and LE versions will be merged into a single download.

The downloads also have an install wizard (wizard.txt) where you can chose from LE and SE during installation, to make installation easier.

This includes the "sound & texture pack" uploaded on 06 May 2023 (which is still required, but now combines SE+LE), and YPS mod version 6.3.1 (uploaded on 30 April 2023).

Future versions of this mod will be the same way.

Note that development and support for this mod is for LE version only. If you have issues with the SE version, you can still post them (preferably in the SE thread), but I generally will not fix any bugs (though maybe other people here have a solution).

DOWNLOADS OF NEW VERSIONS (6.3.1 and above) ARE NOW EXCLUSIVELY AVAILABLE ON THE LE VERSION SITE.

-

Aside from that, a little teaser: the next version (6.4., adding a new feature) is almost ready, will be posted in a few days.

Now you're just making my autistic manual installation process even more complicated aren't you? ?