using HDT Earrings mod and when earrings equipped, they turn into rings (in inventory) and disappear visually.  Odd.

This is indeed odd.

I guess that you had the earlobes pierced already.

I also guess that they didn't just drop to the ground, because you didn't secure them with earring backs?

Only the 40 custom hairstyles are saved. They aren't loaded automatically when a new game starts, but there is a function to import them in MCM. If this doesn't work, then we indeed have a bug.

That's what I wondered - I don't see anything in the mcm that I could press to save my settings, so I assumed it saved them automatically. Where is the import/export button?

Edit: or were you referring to the custom hairstyle system, and there is not yet a way to save the custom hair from one game to the next?

Only the 40 custom hairstyles are saved. They aren't loaded automatically when a new game starts, but there is a function to import them in MCM. If this doesn't work, then we indeed have a bug.

That's what I wondered - I don't see anything in the mcm that I could press to save my settings, so I assumed it saved them automatically. Where is the import/export button?

Edit: or were you referring to the custom hairstyle system, and there is not yet a way to save the custom hair from one game to the next?

Yes, the only thing that can be imported/exported is the 40 custom hairstyles. This can only be done manually, from the custom hair MCM tab.

Another option is to manually edit/copy the .json files for the hair mods. But this cannot be done from inside the game.

using HDT Earrings mod and when earrings equipped, they turn into rings (in inventory) and disappear visually.  Odd.

This is indeed odd.

I guess that you had the earlobes pierced already.

I also guess that they didn't just drop to the ground, because you didn't secure them with earring backs?

Not sure what happened.  I started a new game (I change out mods all the time, cuz I'm OCD) and the earrings are working as intended now.  I should test my (mine) bugs before I post them here.  Sorry to waste your time.  Love your Mod, and it is essential in every game! 

~ Official Emily1673 Worshiper

Not sure what happened.  I started a new game (I change out mods all the time, cuz I'm OCD) and the earrings are working as intended now.  I should test my (mine) bugs before I post them here.  Sorry to waste your time.  Love your Mod, and it is essential in every game! 

Glad that it works now. Every mod update is a potential risk; I also mess up my savegames from time to time...

But please continue the bug reports, they are important, because it might also be a bug of this mod.

--

Just posted a small update with more hairstyles:

v. 5.2.1

- added configuration data for ApachiiSkyHair_v_1_6_Full (42 styles)

-

There is a bigger update in the works, but it needs some more testing.

I'm confused-

So this mod doesn't come with all the hairstyles, you have to add them also?   Like the KS Hairdos on the front page, that has 550 or so styles-   One way I read it, it sounds like they are in the mod, but the other way I read it, it sounds like you still have to put that mod in also?       I have KS HDT installed only.   

When I put the mod in, I just decided to keep my current hairstyle.   Which was a ponytail, because it said it couldn't find a straight one in my length.    Did that mess up the whole making and unmaking a ponytail then?

Also, I'm confused about the hairstyle catalog.   When I preview the hairstyles, it occasionally will do it and revert.  But 9 times out of 10, it just changes the hair style to whatever I am picking to preview and leaves it that way, and never reverts it back.

Sorry for being so confused!  

I'm confused-

So this mod doesn't come with all the hairstyles, you have to add them also?   Like the KS Hairdos on the front page, that has 550 or so styles-   One way I read it, it sounds like they are in the mod, but the other way I read it, it sounds like you still have to put that mod in also?       I have KS HDT installed only.   

When I put the mod in, I just decided to keep my current hairstyle.   Which was a ponytail, because it said it couldn't find a straight one in my length.    Did that mess up the whole making and unmaking a ponytail then?

Also, I'm confused about the hairstyle catalog.   When I preview the hairstyles, it occasionally will do it and revert.  But 9 times out of 10, it just changes the hair style to whatever I am picking to preview and leaves it that way, and never reverts it back.

Sorry for being so confused!

​KS Hairdos and the other hairmods mentioned on the front page are "preconfigured". That means that this mod contains all the corresponding data: length, style (ponytail, braid, perm ...) etc.

But it is still necessary to install the corresponding hair mods yourself. (There is no need to install all of them though.)

​You said that you kept your current hairstyle. This is fine, as long it is configured properly: if your current hairstyle is from the "preconfigured" mods, then all will be good; otherwise you have to configure it yourself (in MCM or by changing the .json files, see mod description).

However, for all lengths there are straight hairstyles from vanilla Skyrim or KS Hairdos, which are preconfigured. So you can always unmake the ponytail (if you have KS Hair installed, which is a strongly recommended update).

As for the problem with the catalog: it should revert to your previous hairstyle, but only if the latter is properly configured, and has been applied by this mod. Applying your own styles with Racemenu doesn't count; this mod will always try to change it to the hairstyle it thinks to be fit.

If you have further problems, please post here which hairstyle from which mod you are using.

I so wanted to try this but alas it threw me over the string limit, not your fault, My skyrim is just pushed to the limit and can't add another 900 strings.

Yes, this is indeed a problem. Thanks for pointing this out!

​This mod might help you (but maybe you know that already):

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/72725/?

Also see the "solutions" section in https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/3924850-corrupt-saves-strcount-0xffff-ctd-on-load/

Glad that it works now. Every mod update is a potential risk; I also mess up my savegames from time to time...

But please continue the bug reports, they are important, because it might also be a bug of this mod.

--

Just posted a small update with more hairstyles:

v. 5.2.1

- added configuration data for ApachiiSkyHair_v_1_6_Full (42 styles)

-

There is a bigger update in the works, but it needs some more testing.

If you need help testing, I'm your huckleberry!

I so wanted to try this but alas it threw me over the string limit, not your fault, My skyrim is just pushed to the limit and can't add another 900 strings.

Yes, this is indeed a problem. Thanks for pointing this out!

​This mod might help you (but maybe you know that already):

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/72725/?

Also see the "solutions" section in https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/3924850-corrupt-saves-strcount-0xffff-ctd-on-load/

ure it yourself (in MCM or by changing the .json files, see mod description).

I just became aware of the new ZAZ! Installing that instead of the  humongous v6.22 made by Not ZAZ :P cleared over 500 animations that I was never going to prolly use anyway, that is a YOOGE string saver, so I'm gonna give this a spin (YAY)

and thanks for the links ,yes I've had crash fixes installed for some time, tho it doesn't help if you go over the string limit. the search for what was causing the save corruption and the finding it is some of the best reading on this site hehe. It reads as a detective novel.

Oh, one more thing, um, SD has a setting where your owner might shave your head, will this mod allow that or will it keep your hair glued on?

Oh, one more thing, um, SD has a setting where your owner might shave your head, will this mod allow that or will it keep your hair glued on?

If SD calls the proper YPS head shave mod event, all will be fine :)

Otherwise, you'd have to disable YPS hair control in MCM.

If SD calls the proper YPS head shave mod event, all will be fine :)

Otherwise, you'd have to disable YPS hair control in MCM.

I think the latest version of SD does, but I could be thinking of something else.

Glad I could help. ;)

​KS Hairdos and the other hairmods mentioned on the front page are "preconfigured". That means that this mod contains all the corresponding data: length, style (ponytail, braid, perm ...) etc.

But it is still necessary to install the corresponding hair mods yourself. (There is no need to install all of them though.)

​You said that you kept your current hairstyle. This is fine, as long it is configured properly: if your current hairstyle is from the "preconfigured" mods, then all will be good; otherwise you have to configure it yourself (in MCM or by changing the .json files, see mod description).

However, for all lengths there are straight hairstyles from vanilla Skyrim or KS Hairdos, which are preconfigured. So you can always unmake the ponytail (if you have KS Hair installed, which is a strongly recommended update).

As for the problem with the catalog: it should revert to your previous hairstyle, but only if the latter is properly configured, and has been applied by this mod. Applying your own styles with Racemenu doesn't count; this mod will always try to change it to the hairstyle it thinks to be fit.

If you have further problems, please post here which hairstyle from which mod you are using.

Thank you!  Your clarification makes sense on the preconfigured.   I just misread that, and originally took it to mean that all the hairstyles themselves were actually in your mod, not just the data for them.  

My current hairstyle, the one that I kept, was 1Sky208, from KS HDT.     As I've never changed it from the beginning, thats the only hair mod I installed, because I picked on, and had no need of any other mods.    Now, with this amazing mod, I think the KS Hairdos with the 500 styles is a must have.  :)

What I was worried about, was, since the one I picked for default is a ponytail, and you have it preconfigured as ponytail, does that throw your mod for a loop?   Does it confuse the mod, that I picked it as default style,  (which I would think the mod expects to  be straight or default)?     Like, when I put my hair in ponytail,   then attempt to comb it out,  does it confuse the mod if my default style is configured in there as a ponytail style?    Not sure if that makes sense or not.

Once I get full KS Hairdos in there though, and find a straight one I like, is there a way to reset the default hair and original color?  LIke  when I first installed the mod?

Also, on the hairstyle catalog, I figured out a pattern.   No matter what styles I pick, if I change the color also, it previews it correctly, for 5 seconds, and reverts back.    If I just pick a different style only, and don't change the color, it changes my style to what  I am previewing, permanently, and never reverts back to the original.     Hope that helps, if that is indeed some type of bug.

Oh, i'm sorry, but i think i am to stupid too :c 

I have two mod, KS Hairdos - HDT and Apachii, and you provide files for those right? Now i start a game, it asks me for starting hair length and color, and i said Shoulder or Chin length, and it picks vanilla hair... I put test settings in MCM and waited, and next hair was also vanilla hair.

Do i have to do a thing with the "KS Hairdos - HDT.esp.json" or "ApachiiHairFemales.esm.json"?

I have two mod, KS Hairdos - HDT and Apachii, and you provide files for those right? Now i start a game, it asks me for starting hair length and color, and i said Shoulder or Chin length, and it picks vanilla hair... I put test settings in MCM and waited, and next hair was also vanilla hair.

Do i have to do a thing with the "KS Hairdos - HDT.esp.json" or "ApachiiHairFemales.esm.json"?

I think you are seeing the same thing as got me.  If there are no hairstyles in your 3rd party mods, that match the length and style you want, then all that is left is the vanilla ones.    I don't think you have to do anything extra, sounds like there just is not one there, that has the preferences.

This is the reason I'm putting in the big KS Hairdos version.   I don't like the vanilla ones.  :)

I think you are seeing the same thing as got me.  If there are no hairstyles in your 3rd party mods, that match the length and style you want, then all that is left is the vanilla ones.    I don't think you have to do anything extra, sounds like there just is not one there, that has the preferences.

This is the reason I'm putting in the big KS Hairdos version.   I don't like the vanilla ones.  :)

Thank you for suggestion Pkatt  :shy:

I checked the file for example for K's HDT .json file, and it seem like those length standard hair are set in there from YPS:

"7st" : [ "1Vapor" ],
"8st" : [ "1SweetEscape", "1Angelic" ],
"9st" : [ "1Wine" ],
"10st" : [ "1Gecko" ],

So i don't think that is the reason, but maybe i simply don't understand correctly how the .json file YPS made will work...

What I was worried about, was, since the one I picked for default is a ponytail, and you have it preconfigured as ponytail, does that throw your mod for a loop?   Does it confuse the mod, that I picked it as default style,  (which I would think the mod expects to  be straight or default)?     Like, when I put my hair in ponytail,   then attempt to comb it out,  does it confuse the mod if my default style is configured in there as a ponytail style?    Not sure if that makes sense or not.

Once I get full KS Hairdos in there though, and find a straight one I like, is there a way to reset the default hair and original color?  LIke  when I first installed the mod?

Also, on the hairstyle catalog, I figured out a pattern.   No matter what styles I pick, if I change the color also, it previews it correctly, for 5 seconds, and reverts back.    If I just pick a different style only, and don't change the color, it changes my style to what  I am previewing, permanently, and never reverts back to the original.     Hope that helps, if that is indeed some type of bug.

You can configure a ponytail hairstyle as "default" or "standard" hair. The mod cannot find out the looks anyway. In fact, the "default" hair for very high length styles ("Traveler") is a braid; that's because there are no other hair styles available for these lengths (at least in the commons hair mods).

But: The best is to install KS Hairdos and to configure your favourite style as "ponytail". Then buy an "Elastic Hairband" and you can play around with your hair, try different ponytails and braids.

You can even configure the same hairstyle under different types and lengths. Important is, how you apply a hairstyle. If it is applied as "ponytail" (e.g. using the Elastic Hairband), it counts as ponytail.

To change the natural hair color: Use the console to conjure up the "potion of natural hair color change" (or something like that).

To set your hairstyle to a new style, which is not longer than the current hair, visit the hairdresser.

If you need longer hair than current, use the "potion of hair growth", and find a hairdresser.

Thanks about the report on the hairstyle catalog; I will take a look into it.

I have two mod, KS Hairdos - HDT and Apachii, and you provide files for those right? Now i start a game, it asks me for starting hair length and color, and i said Shoulder or Chin length, and it picks vanilla hair... I put test settings in MCM and waited, and next hair was also vanilla hair.

I know that this mod is a bit complex; my fault :)

​For hair lengths of Shoulder or less, you get a vanilla style as default. Visit a hairdresser to apply the other KS or Apachii styles. Easiest is to buy "Shampoo" or "Elastic Hairband", which gives you access to all standard, braided and ponytail styles. For perms and mohawks, you still need ask the hairdresser to give you a makeover.

​The file KS...json (what you are quoting) are not the default styles; these are instead what I call ​standard styles , i.e. hairstyles that can be applied by Shampoo, Elastic Hairband or a hairdresser!

​What you are experiencing in game so far, are the ​default styles, which are given to you at mod start or when the hair grows to a longer stage. These are defined in ypsHairDefault.json (and can actually be changed by yourself; make sure to click on "import custom hair" in the "custom hair" MCM tab; they get imported alongside with the custom hair.json).

​Again sorry for the complexity; I hope that you can see the reason behind it, once you understand how it works. :)

Any hope you can reduce or preferably eliminate inventory lockout? Or is that a slavetats thing? I find it often occurs at the worst possible time.

One other question. Does bondage feet get untrained over time?

The inventory lockout is indeed caused by slavetats. The lockout is required, or SlaveTats does not work (need to wait a few seconds between SlaveTat calls). Most common when makeup is fading, or body hair is growing. If you can specify conditions it should not happen, please tell me. I could also spread it over time, so you don't get all of them happen in a row. There is also a MCM option called "SlaveTats Wait Time", which you can try to decrease. (But if it is set too low, SlaveTat will do strange things sometimes.)

Bondage feet indeed get untrained, but it is much slower than training. See section "How to untrain your feet" in the mod description.

I know that this mod is a bit complex; my fault :)

​For hair lengths of Shoulder or less, you get a vanilla style as default. Visit a hairdresser to apply the other KS or Apachii styles. Easiest is to buy "Shampoo" or "Elastic Hairband", which gives you access to all standard, braided and ponytail styles. For perms and mohawks, you still need ask the hairdresser to give you a makeover.

​The file KS...json (what you are quoting) are not the default styles; these are instead what I call ​standard styles , i.e. hairstyles that can be applied by Shampoo, Elastic Hairband or a hairdresser!

​What you are experiencing in game so far, are the ​default styles, which are given to you at mod start or when the hair grows to a longer stage. These are defined in ypsHairDefault.json (and can actually be changed by yourself; make sure to click on "import custom hair" in the "custom hair" MCM tab; they get imported alongside with the custom hair.json).

​Again sorry for the complexity; I hope that you can see the reason behind it, once you understand how it works. :)

Oooh thank you, i think i get it now! So to edit standard hair and grow, i can edit manual "ypsHairDefault.json" and "ypsHairgrowthDatabase.json", or create custom hair from MCM right? Both have same effect?

Or i can leave these file alone, and not set custom hair, only visit Barber which will give me hairstyle from for example "KS Hairdos - HDT.esp.json", but next grow stage would be vanilla hair again, unless i edit the two file, or set custom hair in MCM?

Please don't be sorry, you explain alot! Only your mod is so complex and great, and i am a little slow  :blush:

Oooh thank you, i think i get it now! So to edit standard hair and grow, i can edit manual "ypsHairDefault.json" and "ypsHairgrowthDatabase.json", or create custom hair from MCM right? Both have same effect?

Or i can leave these file alone, and not set custom hair, only visit Barber which will give me hairstyle from for example "KS Hairdos - HDT.esp.json", but next grow stage would be vanilla hair again, unless i edit the two file, or set custom hair in MCM?

Please don't be sorry, you explain alot! Only your mod is so complex and great, and i am a little slow  :blush:

Since you don't seem to have KS Hairdos (only KS HDT hair), you have 3 options:

(1) Install KS Hairdos, and don't change the configuration.

Result: Up to shoulder length, you will begin with vanilla hair. For longer hair you will begin with a KS Hairdo.

Visit the barber or purchase a hair styling item to get another style.

(2) In ypsHairDefault.json, change the hairstyles as you see fit. In particular, change all KS Hairdos styles (beginning with "0") to KS HDT styles (beginning with "1").

Do this before you load the mod. Or click on "import custom hair" in MCM to apply the changes manually.

(3) Keep ypsHairDefault.json as it is, but set up your hair in the MCM "custom hair" tab. Make sure the length matches (e.g. Custom hair 9 = armpit) and enable the MCM option. Then custom hair will be used as default hair.

Hair will always grow to the next default stage.

No need to edit the file ypsHairgrowthDatabase.json, unless you want certain non default styles grow into other non default styles (in particular necessary for Mohawks).

Since you don't seem to have KS Hairdos (only KS HDT hair), you have 3 options:

(...)

(2) In ypsHairDefault.json, change the hairstyles as you see fit. In particular, change all KS Hairdos styles (beginning with "0") to KS HDT styles (beginning with "1").

Do this before you load the mod. Or click on "import custom hair" in MCM to apply the changes manually.

(...)

Hair will always grow to the next default stage.

No need to edit the file ypsHairgrowthDatabase.json, unless you want certain non default styles grow into other non default styles (in particular necessary for Mohawks).

Thank you again! I did the second option, simply copy over one of the option you listed in K's HDT json file, and it work great!

I also found first barber, and everything there work great as well, but maybe my favorite of all thing is the hair band that allow me to change to ponytail and braided and back any times, it's maybe my favorite thing ever  :shy:

Everytime i come back to play skyrim, you have new things in your mod that are great, i hope you never stop  :lol:

Version 5.3 is up:

v. 5.3

• updated the sound & texture file (including Barber resources by Kakabishan); this is a required download
  • player now needs to sit down for a hair makeover or a professional manicure session; once you have chosen your style, you have about 25 seconds to find a chair, or you need to start over again
  • added barber chairs close to each fashion vendor, which is reserved for you (thanks to Kakabishan for the Barber resources); also added a few barber and fashion items for decoration (and stealing if you so desire ;))
  • comb has now been changed to a brush (thanks to the meshes); still works the same
  • any fashion vendor will now inform you about your current hair status, piercing status, makeup status, and body (fashion addiction / body hair) status upon demand
  • new item: mirror, used to check your current status; can be purchased from any fashion vendor
  • player may now shave their own head with shaving cream (if hair is short enough)
  • option for quick hair makeover is now working (default value is now OFF, but it will still be ON in older save games)
  • hair catalog won't show black hair when you choose no preview hair color
  • hairdresser will now help you to refresh your current perm or to remove it (after the grace period)
  • will be prompted whether to enable body hair growth upon mod start
  • you may now take on credit from the Dibella Beauty Fund for piercing costs; you still have to pay your debts back as soon as you have money in your pocket, so be careful
  • to improve visibility: reduced the resolution for body piercings from 4k to 2k
  • by default slavetat lock is now turned off in MCM
  • ypsHairDefault.json will now be read on each savegame load
  • will now also check whether KS Hairdo’s is installed (if enabled in MCM)
  • removed a few formal errors in the data structure (not affecting the behaviour of this mod)
  • changed more messageboxes to notifications
  • gender change (new feature, still experimental): can be caused by potions and mod events; see mod description for details
Should be compatible to existing savegames.

I'm now very curious how you're doing the gender change. I have been trying to do that and have had no success.

Edit: ah, I see you also resorted to opening racemenu. Damn, I hoped you came up with something better than I was able to.

Any hope you can reduce or preferably eliminate inventory lockout? Or is that a slavetats thing? I find it often occurs at the worst possible time.

One other question. Does bondage feet get untrained over time?

The inventory lockout is indeed caused by slavetats. The lockout is required, or SlaveTats does not work (need to wait a few seconds between SlaveTat calls). Most common when makeup is fading, or body hair is growing. If you can specify conditions it should not happen, please tell me. I could also spread it over time, so you don't get all of them happen in a row. There is also a MCM option called "SlaveTats Wait Time", which you can try to decrease. (But if it is set too low, SlaveTat will do strange things sometimes.)

Bondage feet indeed get untrained, but it is much slower than training. See section "How to untrain your feet" in the mod description.

Hmm, that's a lot more tricky then. Sorry I'm not familiar with the slavetats API. There's probably not a lot you can do. I might have a poke around it's scripts and see if I can stop it from blocking but I'll likely break something doing it :shy:

On your end, maybe just a IsInCombat check before updating would help. Nothing worse that hitting favorites to equip a shield just before getting hit in the face with a warhammer only to find it isn't working :blush:

I'm now very curious how you're doing the gender change. I have been trying to do that and have had no success.

Edit: ah, I see you also resorted to opening racemenu. Damn, I hoped you came up with something better than I was able to.

I also wish I could :(

I got the impression that all mods doing sex change will need a racemenu call sooner or later (this is even true for the very sophisticated and well done Sexlab Hormones).

Since we need to put up with the racemenu call anyway, I wanted to make sex change as simple as possible, and rather concentrate on the preconditions and on the consequences.

Basically it is the code snippet I posted in your thread.

And believe me: If a male character quaffs the Potion of Feminization, they will continue their game as female character. You may try it out ;)