Hey all.

First off, this is such a badass mod. I love it so much

But I've been experiencing some problems with the latest update. Doesn't seem like the hair is updating when it grows, and when I put it up in a ponytail and then try to take it down, the hair doesn't go down and it stays in a ponytail even though it says that it's down. It seems like the mod is having a hard time figuring out what the default hairstyles are supposed to be. Has anyone else encountered this and if so what was the solutions. Thank you very much!

12 hours ago, Balgin said:

Well that was a pleasant update. I was expecting to wait a bit longer for that one.

Hide contents

Is the instruction to visit a priestess of Dibella in Markarth the current end of the mod's storyline?

Thank you.

As for the waiting time: well, the quest is already very long, so it's time to slowly wrap it up and work towards an end. But there are still a few more surprises coming in the future.

The current end of the quest is marked with a pop-up window: "Currently this is the final stage of the Dibella quest"

Spoiler

The end will be reached when you have done a lot of "girl talk", and unlocked all girl talk branches.

9 hours ago, mangalo said:

It will work but you'll have to drag and drop the extra content into that folder before setting it as the data dir.  But I'll trust emily for fixing it upstream :)

Sorry for the problems with the installer (it still works for Wrye Bash, but apparently not for FOMOD). I've just repackaged it. Hope that it works now.

4 hours ago, geekiousmaximus said:

Hey all.

First off, this is such a badass mod. I love it so much

But I've been experiencing some problems with the latest update. Doesn't seem like the hair is updating when it grows, and when I put it up in a ponytail and then try to take it down, the hair doesn't go down and it stays in a ponytail even though it says that it's down. It seems like the mod is having a hard time figuring out what the default hairstyles are supposed to be. Has anyone else encountered this and if so what was the solutions. Thank you very much!

That is probably related to the changes to the hair update check.

Did you enable "frequent hair checks" in MCM?

Spoiler

One or two minor issues;

- I think you misspelled Markath to Marketh somewhere. I'm not really sure as I tried very hard to get further with the quest. :)

- There is still a reference about complaining to the smith about the piercings.

Slighter bigger issues;

- I can't yet figure out what the issue is with the hair script. I tried reinstalling the mod and game several times and until now I only ended up with growing hair once. The colouring change worked twice. Most of the time though I had to change the hairstyle myself. It's not the biggest issue in the world, but honestly, I loved the hair growth animations very much. Checking/unchecking the different hair options in YPS don't seem to matter. It is proably a Skyrim internal or unknown mod-order issue. Maybe you could force the head hair to something specific after the initial sex change? 

- When I try to wait very, very, very long, it seems I have been asked to leave from the Attainment rooms. So I can't wait or sleep there anymore. Maybe it is just the Mages Guild questline getting annoyed with me becauce I refuse to get on with it, maybe it is a bug in your code. I'm not sure which it is.

- When I start a new game and the 'Control hair growth' popup pops up while being driven to Helgen, it will flip the carriage spectaculary. It will still arrive in Helgen but when it is still sideways orupside down, Skyrim refuses to disembark the people on it.

The repackaging seems to be correct now. ?

As I'm a new to Loverslab and DD related things, I have some questions myself;

Spoiler

- I seem to be stuck with the studs, should I just wait longer?

- I seem to be stuck with the feet training device, should I just wait longer?

- If/when I will finally get rid of it, where would I buy heels? ?

I really, really love your quest writing. Up until now I just tried lore enhancing mods like Requiem this mod is really worth the detour. Great job! ??

4 hours ago, emily1673 said:

Thank you.

As for the waiting time: well, the quest is already very long, so it's time to slowly wrap it up and work towards an end. But there are still a few more surprises coming in the future.

The current end of the quest is marked with a pop-up window: "Currently this is the final stage of the Dibella quest"

Reveal hidden contents

The end will be reached when you have done a lot of "girl talk", and unlocked all girl talk branches.

Ah well, in that case...

Spoiler

after Lena tells me that one of the priestesses in Markarth wants to see me and I go to Markarth none of the priestesses there want to speak with me. Should I go and do the Heart of Dibella quest to make them more talkative or something?

Nevermind. I found it.

Spoiler

I was expecting it to be one of the priestesses.

Minor nit in the Dibella quest:

Spoiler

After turning in the lottery ticket and getting your ears pierced the quest objective (stage 330) changes to "I should complain to the smithy!" even though the quest target points to the innkeeper Corpulus Vinius.  (I mistakenly ran off and tried to talk to the Solitude blacksmith Beirand.)

I had a Problem with the Hairstyle not updating. I managed to narrow it down to the ypsHairDefault.json files. (I have KS and KS HDT installed) If I put the file for only KS in the Folder it Works. The same goes for the File with KS HDT. If I use the one file for both of the Mods I run into the Problem.

Just wanted to let you know.

10 hours ago, emily1673 said:

Yes, I have enabled frequent hair checks. I've also disabled custom hair as default because I figured that this might interfere with it. Still doesn't seem to work

15 hours ago, emily1673 said:

Ok. So I just installed the latest update (v6.2) and made sure to only install one of the 01 hair config files. I didn't do this before, so I figured this might be what's causing the issue. But when I loaded up the game and tried putting my character's hair up and taking it down, it didn't seem to do anything. I currently have frequent hair checks enabled. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or if I installed the package incorrectly. Maybe it doesn't work with old saves, so I'm going to try doing a new save. Any advice or help you can give would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

When downloading the mod, I'm not getting the options to choose anything, I just get all the hair packages. I don't know if that's intended, considering it says in the installation to choose exactly one. Besides this, I can't get the hair to update at all in either v6.2 and v6.1 - this could of course have something to do with the before mentioned.

I have only KS Hairdos HDT installed for hairstyles and would much appreciate any help.

Thank you in advance. 

1 hour ago, fizhguy said:

When downloading the mod, I'm not getting the options to choose anything, I just get all the hair packages. I don't know if that's intended, considering it says in the installation to choose exactly one. Besides this, I can't get the hair to update at all in either v6.2 and v6.1 - this could of course have something to do with the before mentioned.

I have only KS Hairdos HDT installed for hairstyles and would much appreciate any help.

Thank you in advance. 

Yeah this is the same problem I've been facing. 

Same issue here, Version 6.2, new character.  When the mod first asks to control the hair in alternate start prison I choose no.  Then I configure all my mods, choose a start, and load into the world.  I save it a couple times, and then I go into the YPS mod and uncheck use custom, and then toggle the hair control, Frequent hair checks are enabled.  I pick body+head and the hair not changing to the proper default even after a few minutes.  My starter hair on this character is one of the "Holiday Gift" hairs, and I have most of the hair mods installed.  I'll try and reinstall it tomorrow, see if I can get it to work.

16 hours ago, Slorm said:

Just a suggestion for a future update. For the smudge feature (lipstick and eyeshadow) would it be possible to add something to set the percentage chance of smudging

Good idea, and not difficult to implement. :)

16 hours ago, Balgin said:

Ah well, in that case...

Reveal hidden contents

after Lena tells me that one of the priestesses in Markarth wants to see me and I go to Markarth none of the priestesses there want to speak with me. Should I go and do the Heart of Dibella quest to make them more talkative or something?

Nevermind. I found it.

Reveal hidden contents

I was expecting it to be one of the priestesses.

Actually there should be a quest marker. But you might need to restart the quest to make it appear. (All quest markers are initialized by the game upon starting the quest.)

13 hours ago, oldprv724 said:

Minor nit in the Dibella quest:

Reveal hidden contents

After turning in the lottery ticket and getting your ears pierced the quest objective (stage 330) changes to "I should complain to the smithy!" even though the quest target points to the innkeeper Corpulus Vinius.  (I mistakenly ran off and tried to talk to the Solitude blacksmith Beirand.)

Thanks! Will fix this in the next update.

10 hours ago, JuliBro said:

I had a Problem with the Hairstyle not updating. I managed to narrow it down to the ypsHairDefault.json files. (I have KS and KS HDT installed) If I put the file for only KS in the Folder it Works. The same goes for the File with KS HDT. If I use the one file for both of the Mods I run into the Problem.

Just wanted to let you know.

Cannot confirm. Must be something wrong with the hair configuration.

5 hours ago, geekiousmaximus said:

Ok. So I just installed the latest update (v6.2) and made sure to only install one of the 01 hair config files. I didn't do this before, so I figured this might be what's causing the issue. But when I loaded up the game and tried putting my character's hair up and taking it down, it didn't seem to do anything. I currently have frequent hair checks enabled. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or if I installed the package incorrectly. Maybe it doesn't work with old saves, so I'm going to try doing a new save. Any advice or help you can give would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Cannot confirm either. Must be a configuration error. In this update I didn't change the .json files.

3 hours ago, fizhguy said:

It's all in the package. Need to install the 00 subdirectory, plus one of the 01 ones. If there is a problem, you can delete all but one of the 01 subpackages from the 7z file.

21 hours ago, Wut1969 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

One or two minor issues;

- I think you misspelled Markath to Marketh somewhere. I'm not really sure as I tried very hard to get further with the quest. :)

- There is still a reference about complaining to the smith about the piercings.

Slighter bigger issues;

- I can't yet figure out what the issue is with the hair script. I tried reinstalling the mod and game several times and until now I only ended up with growing hair once. The colouring change worked twice. Most of the time though I had to change the hairstyle myself. It's not the biggest issue in the world, but honestly, I loved the hair growth animations very much. Checking/unchecking the different hair options in YPS don't seem to matter. It is proably a Skyrim internal or unknown mod-order issue. Maybe you could force the head hair to something specific after the initial sex change? 

- When I try to wait very, very, very long, it seems I have been asked to leave from the Attainment rooms. So I can't wait or sleep there anymore. Maybe it is just the Mages Guild questline getting annoyed with me becauce I refuse to get on with it, maybe it is a bug in your code. I'm not sure which it is.

- When I start a new game and the 'Control hair growth' popup pops up while being driven to Helgen, it will flip the carriage spectaculary. It will still arrive in Helgen but when it is still sideways orupside down, Skyrim refuses to disembark the people on it.

The repackaging seems to be correct now. ?

As I'm a new to Loverslab and DD related things, I have some questions myself;

Hide contents

- I seem to be stuck with the studs, should I just wait longer?

- I seem to be stuck with the feet training device, should I just wait longer?

- If/when I will finally get rid of it, where would I buy heels? ?

I really, really love your quest writing. Up until now I just tried lore enhancing mods like Requiem this mod is really worth the detour. Great job! ??

Thank you for your feedback.

You just need to wait a bit longer, yes. :)

This is probably worth reporting (and it's been around since the previous version or two). There's a small bug with the Dibella quest.

Spoiler

When going to Riften for the special haircut, if the style chosen is listed as Standard then the hairdresser only cuts the hair to the default style for that length and does not finish styling it (although she does colour it). If it's anything else (ponytail, perm, buzzed nape etc) then she styles it properly. Now this makes a fair bit of sense because you want the style to be something that's hard to get rid of, hard to re-style. Essentially one of those very sculpted looking styles like a bob.

Of course you can pick a standard style but list it as a different kind in the mcm for the quest and that seems to work too. Within reason.

A little oddity but probably worth reporting.

7 hours ago, Balgin said:

This is probably worth reporting (and it's been around since the previous version or two). There's a small bug with the Dibella quest.

Reveal hidden contents

When going to Riften for the special haircut, if the style chosen is listed as Standard then the hairdresser only cuts the hair to the default style for that length and does not finish styling it (although she does colour it). If it's anything else (ponytail, perm, buzzed nape etc) then she styles it properly. Now this makes a fair bit of sense because you want the style to be something that's hard to get rid of, hard to re-style. Essentially one of those very sculpted looking styles like a bob.

Of course you can pick a standard style but list it as a different kind in the mcm for the quest and that seems to work too. Within reason.

A little oddity but probably worth reporting.

I think the players are responsible to choose a proper hairstyle.

Spoiler

Hairgrowth and hair restyling are disabled, so it's still a hairstyle impossible to get rid of.

7 hours ago, Skelletoncz said:
Spoiler

Just reassurance, Dibell's task now ends: Visit Ray or Lena?

That's a choice you can make later. For now this is the preliminary end of the quest.

27 minutes ago, emily1673 said:

Reveal hidden contents

Hairgrowth and hair restyling are disabled, so it's still a hairstyle impossible to get rid of.

That's a choice you can make later. For now this is the preliminary end of the quest.

Thank you, I look forward to continuing.

38 minutes ago, emily1673 said:

Reveal hidden contents

I completely agree. However, I can have a hairstyle set up and it works in every other instance apart from that very specific stage of this quest. That's why I reported it.

After deleting the 01's in the .zip so that I only installed the one for KS hairdos HDT there still seems to be a problem with the hair not updating issue. Considering it works for some other users (presumably from looking at the recent posts) it must be on my end. I'm using NMM and would like to know if there are any quirks with the installation process or if I'm just bad at video games. 

I've only downloaded the v6.2 (edited to only on 01) and of course the soundpack that's required for all versions, in that order. 

15 hours ago, Marg597 said:

Same issue here, Version 6.2, new character.  When the mod first asks to control the hair in alternate start prison I choose no.  Then I configure all my mods, choose a start, and load into the world.  I save it a couple times, and then I go into the YPS mod and uncheck use custom, and then toggle the hair control, Frequent hair checks are enabled.  I pick body+head and the hair not changing to the proper default even after a few minutes.  My starter hair on this character is one of the "Holiday Gift" hairs, and I have most of the hair mods installed.  I'll try and reinstall it tomorrow, see if I can get it to work.

I fixed my issue with the hair not updating when initializing the mod to control the hair.  I had previously installed it before the file was fixed.  I uninstalled and then installed again using "yps-ImmersiveFashion(6.2) repackaged" and it is working just fine now!