Tamriel's Generations Project

Pilul

Get me rid of all these clones !

(please excuse my french, I'm a f...ing frog)

About Tamriel's Generations Project :

Is a project to bring variety of NPCs and character, based on age and bodyshape.

Is a project to create a All in One randomizable realistic anatomic body replacer pack

is a dream that can be shaped and painted...

• First step : Building a EBD profil (and testing meshes and textures sets)

I will use Everybody's different skyproc to bring his capacity to have several different bodyshapes and textures (yes all option!) with a customizable randomizer (xml files) in the same game session. For male and female all races

For Female NPCs (All based on UUNP for stability and armors compatibility)

Child (male/female) option slim to chubby (Done for Rcots and Skykids) (get your own UUNP child mod, that can be managed by Everybody's different) or not...

I will publish only never nude meshes for children.
Pre-teen to teen slim (beggers, thieves, peons) (Done) (plan to create NPCs or modify NPCs from other population mods - implement IA for daily tasks) 
Teen slim to chubby (nobles, sellers, apprentices) (Done) (plan to create NPCS or modify NPCs from other population mods - implement IA for daily tasks)
Adult (plenty of meshes on the web, I 've made some but who cares ?..)
Adult slim to "normal" x2 smalltits+busty (Done)

Adult "normal" to chubby x2 smalltits+busty (Done)
Adult Slim to athletic x2 smalltits+busty (Done)
Elder slim to "normal" ( Done , but I need all textures all races ) 
Elder "normal" to mama style (Done, but I need all textures all races) 

For Male NPCs - S.O.S or S.A.M

* S.A.M

Elder's textures (all races color and specular options) (needed

Alternative textures for adult males needed for all races ( color and specular)

* S.O.S

Meshes (fat, teen)?

Elder's textures (all races all specular options and normal map needed)

Human Elder normal map : first one done by jtgibby )

Alternative textures for adult males needed for all races ( color and specular)

• Step 2 mod itself (to be done)

New races:

* Create Teen tagged (required to select a partial randomizer with each type of teen's body) playable race (male, female, vampire, "wildteen").
+New teen NPCs injection around skyrim's towns and settlements (or modifying an existing population mod )

+new faces ( i have a descent home-made collection for human teen)
+ specific AI for beggers, thieves, peons, nobles, sellers, travellers, apprentices...

* Create or modify  an Elder race to be playable

(I tried this one Elders of Skyrim it could be "reloaded")

No tag will be needed, vanilla elder NPCs have already one and EBD can handle custom races...

Weight changer :

*Create a bash file to set the weight of all vanilla (first) NPCs and a SkyUI menu to modify it and apply modification (option help MongoMonk to implement his skyproc with a weight randomizer, he tried already but never succeed- He was still alive last summer ^^ - a challenge for code masters)

• You're not the only one to be special - Have fun !

My favorite mods that bring variety in skyrim :
Apachiihair, SGhair, KSHairdo's packs (can be used in EBD, sometimes with a face color mismatch, but can be solved with an ingame haircut)
Inhabitants of Skyrim - NPC Overhaul ( high in load order or/and merge it ) 
Skyrim Creature Size Variants (max compatibility - a must have)
Automatic Variants (Skyproc patcher, may not work with your favorite nasty creatures mods, nevertheless a brilliant mod)

I'm not the owner of my thoughts, I'm only a temporary shelter for them...

Thanks to :

Ousnius and Caliente for Bodyslide

BringtheNoise for UUNP

HeroedeLeyenda for the All-in-One UUNP HDT Pack

MongoMonk for Everybody's different

VectorPlus for SAM and b3lisario  for SOS

jtgibby for SOS Male Elder Race Normal Map

I'm a player, I'm sinner, I'm a midnight shaper, I play Skyrim in the sun.... 

Sorry about the delay.  I just barely saw your message with the link today.  I got completely derailed this week switching over to MO for FO4 modding and haven't been very good about monitoring my support threads.

I like it.  I was wondering about how the armor worked with "Everybody's Different".  I haven't had a chance to install it yet.  Do keep in mind that the more meshes there are, the more it will impact graphics card performance.  With my mod, I planned to add diversity using a few different meshes for races / class in addition to normal maps to add muscle definition.  For example the companions (being professional fighters), would likely have larger, defined muscles, where as a merchant would not.  That way there would be less mesh impact.  There are also some skinny SOS meshes and normal maps, I was hoping to get permission to use.  Creating new meshes was never really part of my plan.  With my idea, I also wanted to incorporate a pale skin texture with veins for the vampire race.  Which is a whole other can of worms when it comes to conflicts.  I still need to come up with a better way of doing that.  I was also considering the impact of body meshes in addition to the high-poly heads for most of the NPCs. 

I didn't really consider doing anything with the children.  I use the RS children mod and have been happy with how they look, so decided to leave that well enough alone.  I would use the term "young adult", as opposed to "teen", if you end up going with a nude texture for them.  You didn't specify and that is something I've seen people take offense of in the past.  In the U.S. teens are still considered children for the most part. And not technically not adults until the age 21.  At least that is what it says on our State IDs and drivers licenses.  Its not something I had originally planned to address with my mod, so I haven't put a whole lot of thought about how you could achieve that look, outside of BodySlide. 

For woman you could easily get various shapes along with the base (zero slide) UUNP BodySlides mesh.  I had actually considered making BodySlide presets, so people could use what body types they'd prefer for races.  I believe there is a mod that does this through MCM. 

Fat men will be a little tricky, as there is not really a BodySlide for men.  A BodySlide for SOS would be ideal.  Caliente has talked about doing one in the past, but I don't know if that will ever happen.  I suppose this is where SAM would work better, but then there is the bone scaling armor issue to work around.  To be honest, I don't know too much about SAM and the armors that are available.  I installed it once and didn't like any of the texture options available and went back to the SOS body. 

Anyways, that is a little more food for thought.  I hope that helps.  I'm going to plan on installing "Everybody's Different", over the weekend, so I can see how that works.  It may render this post completely pointless once I do.  I just wish SkyProc didn't take so long to run.  I probably just have ways too many mods installed.

I had some time this afternoon to take a better look at your SkyProc patcher and file structure for "Everybody's Different Redone".  The install was a little more involved then I thought it would be.  The SkyProc patch definitely opens up a whole world of possibilities while creating a more diverse Skyrim population.  It is actually a lot to take in, especially with all the sub-textures.  I think I could definitely help you out with editing the diffuse and normal maps for that sort of stuff. 

One thing I've discovered with many of the Skyrim mod users is that they are pretty lazy when it comes to an installing mods.  They pretty much want to be able to click once to download and again to install.  When I initially released my "Vampire Race Extended" , the end user was responsible for adding the textures.  Personally I'm not intimidated by having to copy a few mesh and texture files, but I was surprised by how many people passed it over; verses when I finally included a default UNP / SOS texture body pack.  Have you considered asking permission to use various body meshes and textures as defaults?  SOS you could include without asking b3lisario, just credit, as per the permission given on the SOS page. 

I've also been in contact with navetsea and mirror about using the seamless UNP and CBBE Thepal textures for my upcoming NPC overhaul.  It could be a good base texture since it is seamless on most UUNP meshes and the vein texture would look awesome on female vampires.  SG texture renewal would work as well.  SGTR and most UNP textures actually use navetsea's Thepal as the base.  I'm sure the majority of mod authors would be happy to have their work as a default texture pack.  At least that has been my experience with asking permission in the past.  Everyone that I have ever contacted have been really friendly and just want to make sure your not charging money for the mod and that they will be credited.  

As it turns out, I could probably use your help resurrecting my "Vampire Race Extended" project.  Basically the mod adds a new body, hand and feet texture set to the vampire races.  I even manged to figure out how to make a patch for SOS.  So the schlong would match the male body texture.  The problem I ran into was that not all the vampire race NPCs use the actual vampire head texture.  Especially those of them from the Skyrim.esm that either use the default, or their race's head texture, in conjunction with either an Orc or Dark Elf normal map.  At that point, I was pretty much dumbfounded and the only solution I could see was to change every single NPC using the vampire race to also use the default vampire head texture.  Which actually conflicted with every NPC vampire mod.  Which in itself defeated the main goal of the mod, which was to create a unique vampire texture that would be compatible with the majority of vampire mods.  As it turns out there are very few vampire texture mods that are compatible with the way Bethesda initially mapped the race's head textures.

As far as the vampires went, all I ever wanted was a unique vampire race texture I could toggle on/off with the mortal form from "Better Vampires", along with the overlays from "DVA".  Problem was all the other vampire texture mods I came across broke the vampire texture path, rendering the mods I wanted to use pointless.  I'm not sure if a SKyProc patch would work in this case.  I'm still trying to wrap my head around how it actually works.  My initial thought is that a script could actually overwrite all NPCs that belong to the vampire races and force them to use the default vampire head texture paths. Seems like that is what your mod does, only with a custom path.  Am I right in thinking that something that could be done with a SkyProc patch?

To help you with load order using skyproc patchers + vids (This is just an update - original here - look in the forum the Faq's topic)

Skyrim.esm
Update.esm
Dawnguard
Hearthfires
Dragonborn
All other ESMs

USLEP ( Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch.esp )
Guard Dialogue Overhaul
WAFR
WAFR patches (Masks, True Weapons, Arrows. If you use the 'all patches' option installing WAFR they will be merged into the main file)
CCF
Cutting Room Floor Legendary

Anything that changes existing Weapons/Armor. 
Immersive Armors
Ghosu - Horker Weapon Pack (LLs will conflict with IW if loaded after)
Immersive Weapons
WeaponsArmorFixes_ImmersiveWeapons_Patch.esp (Don't use this file with IW replacement esp, it has been merged in.)
Unique Uniques (UU & IW both make edits to Dragonbane, load the look you prefer after the other.)
CCOR
PerkusMaximus_Master.esp
PerMa Expansion 1 - Wintermyst.esp
PerkusMaximus_Mage.esp
PerkusMaximus_Thief.esp
PerkusMaximus_Warrior.esp

Apocalypse Magic
All other ESPs

Lover's mods and/or survival mods (watch out perkus Maximus compatility - if PerMa is used, deactivate survivalism in Frostfall3.0 to use both)...
XPMSE.esp

Alternate Start - Live Another Life
AS - LAL Patches

DynDOLOD ( I recommend it but without Perkus Maximus - after the world's LOD creation don't change the load order above it or do it again )
Pre PaMa WAFR Patch or Merged Pre PaMa Patch
Pre PaMa Bound Armory Patch
Pre PaMa CCF Patch (Bash Mergable)
Pre PaMa CCOR Patch or Merged Pre PaMa CCOR Patch

TES5 Edit Merge patch (watch  Sharlikrans video and make sure to clean masters after deleting LLs)
Bashed Patch (Guide)

FNIS (Don't merge this - weird zone...)

FNIS spells (Don't merge this - weird zone...)

FNIS Creatures (Don't merge this - weird zone...)
Automatic Variants (you'll have to run the patcher if used and activate the genereted "patch.esp" in your load order )

No nude for your creatures or need a huge texture patch...)
ASIS - Dependency
ASIS (you'll have to run the patcher if used and activate the genereted "patch.esp" in your load order )
EveryBody's Different Redone EBD (you'll have to run the patcher if used and activate the genereted "patch.esp" in your load order )
PatchusMaximus.esp (you'll have to run the patcher if used and activate the genereted "patch.esp" in your load order )
Dual Sheath Redux Patch.esp (here or lower - check the version if you wanna use PerMa) (you'll have to run the patcher if used and activate the genereted "patch.esp" in your load order )

BEWARE ! THIS IS A TUTORIAL - You will only need EBD installed for this project - Choose carefully your mods and patchers depending on your hardware configuration - Always use a cleaned (updated TES5edit cleaning) version of the game, an updated java runtime environement (+32bits compatibility) and MOD ORGANIZER

Even if you don't use Perkus maximus (installation is much more easier without ) this video can help you with every skyproc patcher you choose to install

For newbies and master modders, young ones and elders :

This is a "step by step" project and you've just put your backpack ...
Be sure to follow this topic if you want to participate or just look around, I will update it weekly.

Archived