Getting frustrated

assda

A couple of times a year I feel like coming back to skyrim and I start to install a bunch of mods because vanilla skyrim kinda sucks.

Then I waste a full weekend trying to get those pieces of crap to work, and remember why I gave up the last time.

Seriously I'm going to bookmark this post for myself so that when I feel like playing skyrim next time, I will see this and do something worthwhile with my time instead.

A couple of times a year I feel like coming back to skyrim and I start to install a bunch of mods because vanilla skyrim kinda sucks.

Then I waste a full weekend trying to get those pieces of crap to work, and remember why I gave up the last time.

Seriously I'm going to bookmark this post for myself so that when I feel like playing skyrim next time, I will see this and do something worthwhile with my time instead.

What kind of pc do you have ?

You could follow the STEP protocols and/or watch Gophers videos even though they are somewhat dated.

I think I watched one gopher video and a couple  by gamerpoet and read the skyrim modding reddit, although I don't like one of the mods there and a few a the so called experts who are arrogant. But the info there is helpful.

a weak pc  can run skyrim albeit without an enb and maybe a few graphic mods and follower type mods.

What kind of mods did you want to run ?

Took me a month and a half and although I still have ctds sometimes frequently I still enjoy the modded game. 

Honestly all it takes to get a fully loaded mod setup is taking time to check a few things about EVERY SINGLE mod you install.

1.The mods requirements.

2.Installation instructions.

3.Conflicts/incompatibilities.

Pretty much all heavy mod setups have the following mods and are pretty much standard practice to start with, SKSE, FNIS, SkyUI, and Net Immersive Override or RACEMENU.

Making a heavy mod setup takes time especially when you're building from scratch and dont have all the mods you want that work together ready to go. I had been a console gamer for a long time and only recently moved to PC and got into modding late. It took me about 8 months starting from knowing absolutely nothing, not even where to begin and learning all on my own without help until I had a very beautiful, very pervy, very stable game.(I know i could have asked for help I just dont like bothering people so I usually learn to do things myself)

All I'm saying really is that it just takes patience and attentiveness and it wont happen overnight.

Archived