Things that made you laugh today

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Oof. I wonder if this thread can be dug out of the dead thread cemetery and resuscitated if it expired just last year. I guess people haven't been laughing since covid gave the world a stroke. The post would be rather long so I made it a blog entry instead.

Long story short: I had a grand time with an old timer friend which I met as I went to grieve, who had no end of funny "old boy" lines to shower me with afterwards.

Full Blog Entry:

• 3 weeks later...

Going by the local fuel station.  Friday, the price rose a few cents from Thursday.  Today, when I drove by, it was up 27 cents.  In two days.  It's one of those "You have two options: Laugh or Cry.  Choose wisely!" situations.

I choose to laugh.

Why?  Because we're still paying less than half of what the Brits do.  It's funny watching all these red blooded Americans get bent out of shape when things aren't dirt cheap anymore.  Used to be the boss wouldn't mind letting the truck run all day.  Now?  "Diesel's over $X a gallon, shut that thing down!"  That was last week.  I'll bet it's over $X.50 now.  This from the same man who told me Friday: "I may have to start driving my car again, and only bring the truck in when I actually need it."  Oh?  You mean your truck that's at least 1/3rd again bigger than the dedicated work truck?  The one you've been using as your commuter?  That truck?  He does love his image, tied in part directly to his trucks, that's for sure.  (And LOUD.  My goodness, are they loud.  Even the work truck.)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 7/12/2022 at 10:27 AM, GreyMouse said:

Thanks for sharing this, it made me laugh too. Fuck, I miss George. A lot.

?

You're welcome haha~

Yeah, the world is less for his loss... If only he had been immortal, or at least until he decided he had enough.

Love him, I wish there were even more shows of his... Do you or anyone know where I can find an at least mostly complete compilation of every of his gigs?

19 hours ago, Idyll said:

You're welcome haha~

Yeah, the world is less for his loss... If only he had been immortal, or at least until he decided he had enough.

Love him, I wish there were even more shows of his... Do you or anyone know where I can find an at least mostly complete compilation of every of his gigs?

I've bought most of his specials on DVD over the years or I have them on CD. I think now you can most/all of them through iTunes. A vast majority of what he had to say was spot, I don't agree with everything, but just about everything. An Immortal George...what a concept...

?

Check Amazon...

Edited by GreyMouse
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/14/2022 at 3:09 PM, Idyll said:

Do you or anyone know where I can find an at least mostly complete compilation of every of his gigs?

I have the 'George Carlin Commemorative Collection' which includes the following (list is right off the back of the CD case/box):

Spoiler

HBO(r) stuff:

On Location With George Carlin

George Carlin Again!
Carlin at Carnegie

Carlin On Campus

Playin' With Your Head

What Am I Doing In New Jersey?

Doin' It Again

Jammin' In New York

Back in Town

George Carlin: 40 Years of Comedy

You Are All Diseased

Complaints and Grievances

Life Is Worth Losing
It's Bad For Ya

Extra Bonus Stuff:

I Kinda Like It When a Lotta People Die

Life Is Woth Losing
It's Bad For Ya

Personal Favorites

George's Best Stuff

George On George

The Real George Carlin

Too Hip for the Room

APT 2C

George Carlin Appearances from:

CBS Talent Scouts (1963)

The Hollywood Palace (1966)

The Jackie Gleason Show (1969)

The Comedy Store (1999)

The Comedy & Magic Club (2006)

Liner Notes by Patton Oswalt

Rather unsure if that's all his stuff, but it's pretty extensive.

Edited by AKM
1 hour ago, AKM said:

I have the 'George Carlin Commemorative Collection' which includes the following (list is right off the back of the CD case/box):

Hide contents

HBO(r) stuff:

On Location With George Carlin

George Carlin Again!
Carlin at Carnegie

Carlin On Campus

Playin' With Your Head

What Am I Doing In New Jersey?

Doin' It Again

Jammin' In New York

Back in Town

George Carlin: 40 Years of Comedy

You Are All Diseased

Complaints and Grievances

Life Is Worth Losing
It's Bad For Ya

Extra Bonus Stuff:

I Kinda Like It When a Lotta People Die

Life Is Woth Losing
It's Bad For Ya

Personal Favorites

George's Best Stuff

George On George

The Real George Carlin

Too Hip for the Room

APT 2C

George Carlin Appearances from:

CBS Talent Scouts (1963)

The Hollywood Palace (1966)

The Jackie Gleason Show (1969)

The Comedy Store (1999)

The Comedy & Magic Club (2006)

Liner Notes by Patton Oswalt

Rather unsure if that's all his stuff, but it's pretty extensive.

Sounds great, thanks~

I'll know what to look for now! ?

1 hour ago, AKM said:

Laugh in a "There's still hope for humanity" way: The fact that a tonne of cartoonists all paid tribute to Peanuts cartoonist Charles Shultz' 100 year anniversary today.

https://schulzmuseum.org/tribute/?fbclid=IwAR2T-I4GexsBsE4jMIKmncnxDYmgaOQJkehVYts-yV9SyT5UmJwOiYz6408

I'm not solely devoting myself to cartoon making but I went and lit a candle for it in the afternoon before drawing for a few hours haha.

• 5 weeks later...