How do I use my Water Purifier?

According to all I've read, all you need to set up a functional water purifier is a generator, a lot of connectors, and copper wiring. Well, I checked each of those boxes, but every time I go to activate the purifier, I hear "This won't wok without power". Bug?

• post-111270-0-91337100-1451851879_thumb.png
  • post-111270-0-90447600-1451851888_thumb.png
  • post-111270-0-55471200-1451851895_thumb.png
  • post-111270-0-57673600-1451851900_thumb.png
Guest MonsterFish

On your second picture it looks like you're using a different type of connector (I forget the name). It limits the times power goes through it, I think. switch it so they only use a normal type of connector. If one of the connectors is a switch, turn it on or replace it.

Of course it does. :angry: Well, guess that's it then. I just deleted all my generators, added one directly next to the purifier, and presto, the motherf***er worked. I can think of no reason to "limit" how much power travels through the connectors. I only used different connectors to make things look nice, but looking nice just ain't an option in F4.

Also fences and walls are drivin' me nuts.

Edit: Hold up, that second connector limits the power to 2. 2 is exactly what's required to get thing running. Looks like a switch, but it's not, apparently. Sigh...whatever. It's working now. No more connectors for me.

Yeah I know. I saw that pretty quick. It's active already by default when you create it. Oh well, it's working. Now I get to move onto my next fun task of finding out why the CBBE open Harness shows mangled textures. Nipple on the left ribcage, no nips on boobs, mysterious greenish shadow on the leg, no snatch...fun fun fun.

Now I get to move onto my next fun task of finding out why the CBBE open Harness shows mangled textures. Nipple on the left ribcage, no nips on boobs, mysterious greenish shadow on the leg, no snatch...fun fun fun.

Might seem like another stupid question, but did you install it using NMM? When simply dropping the files into the folders, I got similar problems. NMM did a better job - obviously. Also, did you download and install the cloth files?

I actually have a question: crops produce food for the player and for the settlement, but does the water purifier actually give you water or does it only benefit the settlement and not the player?

Depending on how many purifiers you set up, it produces purified water for you to sell. It's dropped in the local workshop. You can set up more than a dozen large purifiers at Sanctuary, which produce - at my current setup - 690 bottles every couple of days. Depending on your charisma, it's a cap making machine.

Might seem like another stupid question, but did you install it using NMM? When simply dropping the files into the folders, I got similar problems. NMM did a better job - obviously. Also, did you download and install the cloth files?

Yeah I installed all it said to. Only difference is I didn't build in Bodyslide. Used Lazyman's version.

And no, if you hover your cursor over my name, I think you'll find that I didn't install using NMM. ;)

Yeah I installed all it said to. Only difference is I didn't build in Bodyslide. Used Lazyman's version.

And no, if you hover your cursor over my name, I think you'll find that I didn't install using NMM. ;)

Had the same problem, reinstalled with both the lazyman and bodyslide, and after that I builded them in bodyslide just to be sure, it's working now.

Had the same problem, reinstalled with both the lazyman and bodyslide, and after that I builded them in bodyslide just to be sure, it's working now.
Yeah, it really does seem like Building in BS is the only way. Oh well, I switched to Busty GRRL anyway. Requires no conversions for clothing/armor, and has much tigger bitties. I know there will be 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 armors made for the CBBE body, and like 10 made for the vanilla body (which would be totally compatible with GRRL), but I think I'm sticking with Busty. CBBE barely cracks B-cup status. And there's a reason I installed the Lazyman's version (I tend to avoid Bodyslide-mandated armors). Besides, the Open Harness works perfectly with GRRL.

Yeah, it really does seem like Building in BS is the only way. Oh well, I switched to Busty GRRL anyway. Requires no conversions for clothing/armor, and has much tigger bitties. I know there will be 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 armors made for the CBBE body, and like 10 made for the vanilla body (which would be totally compatible with GRRL), but I think I'm sticking with Busty. CBBE barely cracks B-cup status. And there's a reason I installed the Lazyman's version (I tend to avoid Bodyslide-mandated armors). Besides, the Open Harness works perfectly with GRRL.

Maybe you didnt even bother making a preset in Bodyslide? Cause reading what you wrote it seems to me like that's the problem.

You make the Preset as you want then you Batch Build them (untick Nevernude if you dont want underwear) then click Build Bodies once the Batch Build is done.

Maybe you didnt even bother making a preset in Bodyslide? Cause reading what you wrote it seems to me like that's the problem.

You make the Preset as you want then you Batch Build them (untick Nevernude if you dont want underwear) then click Build Bodies once the Batch Build is done.

Actually, I didn't do anything in Bodyslide. My purpose for using Lazyman's was to avoid using any other programs (--> "Lazyman's" <--), but as I said, I switched to GRRL and all's well. Instantly modifies all vanilla clothes and armor, and any mod outfits made for the vanilla body.

But yeah, the purifier works now, and the GRRL body works for (almost) all vanilla body mods, so...Solved. (mostly)

Archived