Scarlet Blade Armor Mod

Still hoping this mod happens. I loved that game, even if the all the awesome CG wasn't actually in game.

Well, it was in game.

As pictures we could collect :-/

But then, awesome CG for mediocre or just-above-avarage ingame graphics are all too common. Worst offender must be Actiblizzion with their trailers for WoW.

I actually still play this on a private server. I can zip up the game files if you'd like and upload it somewhere if it will help this mod progress :)

Heres the link to the object folder that contains the meshes/textures/anims for the mechs at least, some bits of other textures and meshes too. I don't have the knowledge to unpack them so i wish you luck with that :)

@BlazeAnimosus and all others which want to extract those SB Files: The Game meshes are packed into a .gfpk (if I remember correctly) container. It can be opened by QuickBMS with a SB or Queens Blade script (both use the same structure). Inside you will find the textures as .dds and the meshes as .mesh (but apparently not the ogre .mesh format) there are some import scripts for the three big 3D model tools out there (might have to dig a bit, knowing russian or chinese helps).

Or if you just want a special one, ask me ;-) (saves you that work)

@BlazeAnimosus and all others which want to extract those SB Files: The Game meshes are packed into a .gfpk (if I remember correctly) container. It can be opened by QuickBMS with a SB or Queens Blade script (both use the same structure). Inside you will find the textures as .dds and the meshes as .mesh (but apparently not the ogre .mesh format) there are some import scripts for the three big 3D model tools out there (might have to dig a bit, knowing russian or chinese helps).

Or if you just want a special one, ask me ;-) (saves you that work)

I got that far too i just wasn't able to import them into say blender to export to .obj. Then again i am a complete novice at this :P

as far as I know, there is no direkt Blender importer. There are some noesis scripts, but you need to puzzle them together, needs some knowledge about coding.  The simplest way I found is a Cinema 4D importer for whole .gfpk containers. There are some 3DSMax scripts, but the sites are, lets say questionable. The Problem with the Cinema importer is, that it only seems to work with old versions, R12 to be clear. But since I don't have a newer version, I don't have a prob with this ^^

Sorry for the long silence ^^;;

Getting closer on the thigh plates being finished, redid the armored feet, made some adjustments to the kneepads and shin guards.

bbc4d2baec09dcf1688e18679824252a.png

d981de7cf86d3fda9deeea1f095cd0b9.png

Don't know if it's just me, but the feet looks too small.

Good work overall though. Looking forward to see the end result :D

i have never been more excited for an armor set in a long time. The only question i have is, will there be a quest to get it or do we have to add it from console commands?

That depends on whether you write a quest for it?

The guys skilled in 3D modeling not necessarily an expert on CK dialogue scripting and worldbuilding you know :P

i have never been more excited for an armor set in a long time. The only question i have is, will there be a quest to get it or do we have to add it from console commands?

The guys skilled in 3D modeling not necessarily an expert on CK dialogue scripting and worldbuilding you know :P

Ahh. i actually didnt know that. Still, even if there is no quest for it. People can still imagine how they come upon it. I would try to make. but i sadly have No modding skills whatsoever. (Here's hoping that I can find an excellent modding tutorial)

Well, that, or a chest at some obscure location. In Skyrim, quite a few modders put their creations in a chest somewhere. Most were in Whiterun and Riverwood (cheesy and boring), but I also had some requiring a trek to Angarvunde or Deepwood Redoubt (almost as good as having a dedicated questline).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry about going without any updates for so long, lots of shit going down sadly which drained a lot of my motivation.
But hopefully I'll be back for the remainder of the mod creation.

With that out of the way, I've finally finished all the low poly meshes and can start the sculpting process in full.

0b8929a59e0074fde456c8c1be6cfa03.png