Caliente announced...

XunAmarox

Hi, Cell.

As you were kind enough to leave a lot of feedback yesterday I'd just like to take a moment to give you an update of what I did over the last day or so.  Using my technique I listed (which I apologize you hate) but taking your advice of skipping the conform all step, I have now converted all the outfit mods and even 2PAC's outfits to have physics within the projects.

My testing indicates that my method does not work in the following situations:

1.  Any outfits which don't have reference bodies in it.

For instance, 2pac's micro bikini doesn't have a reference body, so to add physics to that I can't insert it within the project. I have to insert it into the post-bodyslide created NIF.

2.  Any outfits which have non-body physics such as skirts, goggles and even the sword on 2pac's silver shroud outfit. To add physics to the 2pac silver shroud outfit, for instance, I have to either remove the sword or add it post-bodyslide in the end product NIF. (I elected to remove the sword and update it within the project itself).

By putting back the original reference in the projects and by deleting the temporary reference I don't lose any of the mod author tweaks to make the sliders fit. In fact, to my surprise even non-CBBE bodies like 2pac's still work perfectly using this method.

I've now converted around 300 outfits this way, and there are no issues. I even log in game to test the tight fitting outfits like vault suits, bikinis and underwear and things like that, and the physics get added without problems. Even the misty outfit which has proper suspenders, a tight t-shirt and tight shorts are converted correctly.

Anyway, thanks for everything as always. I just wanted to give you an update of the success I had adding physics to almost all the outfits in Fallout 4.

I made a simple  YouTube video to show the effectiveness of the technique used to add physics to an existing outfit's project which does not have it. The video uses Honest Abe's Red Dress as the example.

Well, glad it works. :)

I'm just always extremely careful about instructions like these, because I don't want people doing things in a way they're not supposed to be done, and then maybe even releasing that to the public.

I was under the impression that using "Set Reference" on CBBE_outfit and then back to the actual CBBE would wipe the slider data of either the body or the outfit, but apparently it doesn't?

PS: In a lot of your posts, you pot the spoiler tag in the wrong places, which causes the website design of the entire thread to mess up. Think you can keep that in mind in the future? (post #1952)

Well, glad it works. :)

I'm just always extremely careful about instructions like these, because I don't want people doing things in a way they're not supposed to be done, and then maybe even releasing that to the public.

I was under the impression that using "Set Reference" on CBBE_outfit and then back to the actual CBBE would wipe the slider data of either the body or the outfit, but apparently it doesn't?

PS: In a lot of your posts, you pot the spoiler tag in the wrong places, which causes the website design of the entire thread to mess up. Think you can keep that in mind in the future? (post #1952)

Okay, thanks, Cell.  The video is set unlisted, so only people here on these forums will know how to find it.  I don't think it will be findable by regular search.

Also I fixed the post in question and will try to watch for other formatting issues like that.

Edit: I just realized you may have been asking a question.  Correct, it does not erase the sliders. It only erases the sliders if I don't put it back :)

Hi, Jensern. I apologize, but because I actually altered people's projects I do not believe I have the right to upload the changes. However, I would be happy to step you through something if you get stuck changing anything on your stuff. I also recapped the steps I used in the video above.

Hi, Jensern. I apologize, but because I actually altered people's projects I do not believe I have the right to upload the changes. However, I would be happy to step you through something if you get stuck changing anything on your stuff. I also recapped the steps I used in the video above.

AbeLincoln55105 kudos396 posts

"Hey everyone,

Sorry about the lack of updates lately, but I recently started a second full-time job and am trying to get through grad school at the same time. I'm not sure when I'll have a chance to make any new material or updates for quite some time, so I'm changing the permissions on all my mods so anyone can use and re-release them however they want. If, instead, someone is interested in becoming a co-author of these, just let me know and I'll get you added right away. I'd hate to see these mods to fall behind even more than they already have."

Thought you might like to know this. he hasn't updated everything in awhile and this is posted on his armors series here. http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/8936/?tab=1&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Ffallout4%2Fajax%2Fmoddescription%2F%3Fid%3D8936%26preview%3D&pUp=1

AbeLincoln55105 kudos396 posts

"Hey everyone,

Sorry about the lack of updates lately, but I recently started a second full-time job and am trying to get through grad school at the same time. I'm not sure when I'll have a chance to make any new material or updates for quite some time, so I'm changing the permissions on all my mods so anyone can use and re-release them however they want. If, instead, someone is interested in becoming a co-author of these, just let me know and I'll get you added right away. I'd hate to see these mods to fall behind even more than they already have."

Thought you might like to know this. he hasn't updated everything in awhile and this is posted on his armors series here. http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/8936/?tab=1&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Ffallout4%2Fajax%2Fmoddescription%2F%3Fid%3D8936%26preview%3D&pUp=1

Hi, BCarmine. It is still against my ethics to hijack an artist's work. However, I sent a private message to Abe Lincoln offering to send him my project files conversion if he wants it.

How do you go about adding physics to an outfit to begin with?

Do you just copy bone weights from the physics nude body to the outfit? *if that's the case and I just load them both up into bodyslide and just do a simple copy weights?*

Or is it more involved?

Hi, Bob. I've been experimenting the last few hours, and I think I'm going to settle on the following method until somebody comes up with a better way. Please note this is not the way recommended by cell, and it will not work on any outfits which have skirt physics, goggle physics, floating tool belts or anything like that. It will just work on outfits for which everything follows the physics of the body (which is actually most outfits).

For the sake of this explanation I'll list the steps I used converting the "Cait's Corset" outfit by gt9797.

1.  Go into Outfit Studio

2.  File -> Load Project

select "xy Cait Corset.osp"  (or whichever project you're converting)

3.  File -> Import NIF

select "Bodyslide/ShapeData/CBBE/CBBEBodyPhysics.nif"

4.  Right click the new CBBE_outfit created at the bottom of the elements list

select "Set Reference"

5.  In the menu select Sliders -> Conform All

6.  Select all the original elements (shift-click to get them all at once)

Right click and "Copy Bone Weights"

7.  Right click the original CBBE element which used to be the reference

select "Set Reference"

(This restores the original reference and will avoid clipping caused by mod authors whose reference body was not quite identical to CBBE)

8.  Right click your CBBE_outfit you'd created in step 3.

select "Delete"

9.  File -> Save project

When prompted, click to box to copy the BSClothExtraData from CBBEBodyPhysics.nif

You've now converted a project to have physics, and when you build it in BodySlide it will build the outfit with physics.

post script: It looks like whichever body is the current reference is shown as green in Outfit Studio. This is useful for knowing which the old reference shape was and what the new one you just added is.

post post script: I've converted all of Abe's armors (combat, leather, metal, synth, etc.) and done extensive testing with all variations of them, and it's working. So long as one never mixes old-style physics with the new CBBE bones everything is good. For people who never converted an outfit to old style physics there's no problem. For me I just have to methodically make sure I convert all the outfits to the new CBBE because I'd converted them all before. But this method is consistently working and stable.

Newbie question, but when you say conform all, do you just mean edit it to our liking?

Do you just copy bone weights from the physics nude body to the outfit? *if that's the case and I just load them both up into bodyslide and just do a simple copy weights?*

Or is it more involved?

Hi, Bob. I've been experimenting the last few hours, and I think I'm going to settle on the following method until somebody comes up with a better way. Please note this is not the way recommended by cell, and it will not work on any outfits which have skirt physics, goggle physics, floating tool belts or anything like that. It will just work on outfits for which everything follows the physics of the body (which is actually most outfits).

For the sake of this explanation I'll list the steps I used converting the "Cait's Corset" outfit by gt9797.

2.  File -> Load Project

3.  File -> Import NIF

select "Set Reference"

select "Set Reference"

(This restores the original reference and will avoid clipping caused by mod authors whose reference body was not quite identical to CBBE)

select "Delete"

9.  File -> Save project

When prompted, click to box to copy the BSClothExtraData from CBBEBodyPhysics.nif

You've now converted a project to have physics, and when you build it in BodySlide it will build the outfit with physics.

post script: It looks like whichever body is the current reference is shown as green in Outfit Studio. This is useful for knowing which the old reference shape was and what the new one you just added is.

post post script: I've converted all of Abe's armors (combat, leather, metal, synth, etc.) and done extensive testing with all variations of them, and it's working. So long as one never mixes old-style physics with the new CBBE bones everything is good. For people who never converted an outfit to old style physics there's no problem. For me I just have to methodically make sure I convert all the outfits to the new CBBE because I'd converted them all before. But this method is consistently working and stable.

Newbie question, but when you say conform all, do you just mean edit it to our liking?

Hi, AgentCarolina. That's the step that Cell correctly indicated is not required. You should skip the Conform All step on any project which already has a reference.

Thanks.

Or is it more involved?

2.  File -> Load Project

3.  File -> Import NIF

select "Set Reference"

select "Set Reference"

select "Delete"

9.  File -> Save project

Hi, AgentCarolina. That's the step that Cell correctly indicated is not required. You should skip the Conform All step on any project which already has a reference.

Thanks.

Yeah i skipped it when i did it, It works but the breast clip through the outfit sometimes

Or is it more involved?

2.  File -> Load Project

3.  File -> Import NIF

select "Set Reference"

select "Set Reference"

select "Delete"

9.  File -> Save project

Thanks.

Yeah i skipped it when i did it, It works but the breast clip through the outfit sometimes

I just figured out what causes that, AgentCarolina.

I was just experimenting with adding physics to Zenna's bandage outfit. I made a mashup of the leather boots and the bandages and then gave it physics, but in game the breasts were showing through when I crouched. A clue, though, was that the feet were showing through the boots even though I had zap sliders to hide the feet.

I looked in the ESP and saw that Zenna's leather boots mod uses body slot 33 for the boots, but the bandage outfit doesn't. So I fixed the ESP on the bandages to use slot 33 (I'd also given it a reference body), and in game the clipping vanished.

In other words, what we're seeing as clipping is not clipping of the outfit. It's the non-outfit body clipping through the outfit.

By setting the ESP to use slot 33 (the body), that allows the game to hide the body when you put on the outfit, and the clipping vanishes.

It also means the clipping issue is not a problem with the NIF or with Cell's Outfit Studio or with Bodyslide. It's the ESP.

Or is it more involved?

2.  File -> Load Project

3.  File -> Import NIF

select "Set Reference"

select "Set Reference"

select "Delete"

9.  File -> Save project

Thanks.

I just figured out what causes that, AgentCarolina.

I was just experimenting with adding physics to Zenna's bandage outfit. I made a mashup of the leather boots and the bandages and then gave it physics, but in game the breasts were showing through when I crouched. A clue, though, was that the feet were showing through the boots even though I had zap sliders to hide the feet.

I looked in the ESP and saw that Zenna's leather boots mod uses body slot 33 for the boots, but the bandage outfit doesn't. So I fixed the ESP on the bandages to use slot 33 (I'd also given it a reference body), and in game the clipping vanished.

In other words, what we're seeing as clipping is not clipping of the outfit. It's the non-outfit body clipping through the outfit.

By setting the ESP to use slot 33 (the body), that allows the game to hide the body when you put on the outfit, and the clipping vanishes.

It also means the clipping issue is not a problem with the NIF or with Cell's Outfit Studio or with Bodyslide. It's the ESP.

Glad you figured it out, 

Now what are the steps to doing that???

I am a newbie and only just now for the first time opened outfit studio following your guide.l

Hi, Jensen and Agent Carolina.  First I'll recap what I found works best if you want to have an almost all-physics fallout like I have.

1.  Outfits with reference shapes are best (by far).  For the vault suit, I use 2Pac's outfit, and it has a built in reference shape.

2.  The outfits should use body slot 33 in the ESP so you don't have clipping from the non-outfit body.

For the Red Dress, I use Honest Abe's red dress. It has a body reference in it and works very, very well. (See the video example I provided if you wish.)

For the armors I also use Honest Abe's. His armors all have reference shapes even though they get zapped, and they work well.

If you make an outfit and want it to use body position 33 in the ESP, I use Fallout 4 Edit for that (FO4Edit). In fact, when you get into playing around with mods and outfits, you'll find FO4Edit priceless not only in letting you control everything but also in proof reading compatibility. At one point I had 210 active mods at the same time, and if I had compatibility problems I'd start up FO4Edit with all of them active, and it would tell me of any missing or conflicting ESPs.

For authors who want to make outfits with physics as it stands in Fallout 4 now, making full outfits rather than layers of outfits is what works best (full at least over the torso--the rest can be layered with no problems).

I looked a little more into the red dress because I don't think there should be clipping on that one. Looking at Cell's vanilla outfits, he's got a reference shape body in his slinky dress (red dress). Looking in the vanilla fallout ESP, the reference shape 33 is included.

The only thing which "might" be significant is I see I use Armorsmith Extended which changes the Red Dress to only use 33, whereas vanilla uses 33, 37, 38, 41, 44 and 45. I don't think it should hurt to have more than 33, but that's the only thing I see which might be different about mine.

Either way, I don't make any morph changes or slider changes to make Abe's armors and dress work, so I'm not sure why someone else might have a problem with them. It would be interesting to figure out what's different.

I did more investigation on the Red Dress (or "Slinky Dress" as named in Cell's Vanilla Outfits for CBBE). Cell's version is not really a candidate for breast physics because I see it has skirt physics. I don't know a good way to mix skirt physics with breast physics, so if you use Cell's version I don't recommend using breast physics.

For Abe's version, I experimented with various extreme presets, and Abe's version has breast clipping for some of them. But that's not an issue with the physics. That would happen even without the physics. Thus for Abe's version one should either use a preset which doesn't clip or, if they're comfortable with outfit studio, build the preset they want and then using outfit studio open the NIF from Meshes/Clothes/Slinky Dress/DressF.nif and fix the clipping as needed. That's a step one often has to do for any outfits with extreme presets, regardless of physics.

My version is just the vanilla NIF straight up converted to CBBE, so it has the same physics that vanilla has.

Actually, I added more polygons to it so it looks better. Caliente copied the bone weights in Maya for me after I added more polygons.

It's called "Slinky Dress" in BodySlide because that was the folder/file name of the NIF, so I used that to convert it to CBBE before I've ever even played or looked at the actual item in-game. :P

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, Cell.

I saw on the other forums that you said you're working on some instructional wikis for using your outfit studio. I wanted to let you know about another discovery I made over the last day with regard to adding physics to outfits.

When the charred vault suit came out (the one with the missing right arm), the first thing I did was add physics to it. But I noticed the left hand's glove had distortion which was particularly bad during jumping and running.

Through a lot of experimenation and examination in FO4Edit and Outfit Studio I figured out that the problem is the charred vault suit's body NIF has the hand included in it, and when I add the bone weights for the body it doesn't have the bone weights for the hand. So in game Fallout 4 doesn't know what to do with the hand.

To fix this I created a separate NIF for the left hand (using outfit studio to zap the right hand from the femalehands.nif), and I removed the hand from the body NIF on the charred vault suit.

I then used those two NIFs together in FO4Edit to create the combined outfit, and then in-game the left hand functioned properly and did not have distortion.

In summary, not only do mod authors need to make sure outfits with physics have the reference body and in the ESP use slot 33, if they intend to include the hands in the outfit they need those hands to have their own NIF under the armor addons category.

Here are some pictures showing the default single-NIF (gloved) model along with my repaired (two-NIF with no glove) example.

http://i.imgur.com/iSC7PE5.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/kaBneHn.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/lBCzqQG.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Y8mUlp9.jpg

You may have to copy the links into a separate tab to see them.

• 3 weeks later...

I've just released a new version that fixes various known issues, enjoy. smile.gif

Version 2.2:
- CBBE: Fixed minor seams of the "Vanilla FO4" slider.
- Outfits: Added panty to hide genital area for certain dresses (zappable in BodySlide).
- Outfits: Added missing "Raider Mods - Leg Heavy R" and "Raider Mods - Leg Med R" vanilla conversions.
- Outfits: Fixed hand clipping with Desdemona's gloves.
- Outfits: Fixed hand clipping with Maxson/Resident (7) gloves.

Hi, Ousnius. I figured I'd test the new bone weight stuff you added even though I didn't have any outfits that needed it. For test I picked your CBBE Nuka World Mason Underarmor (No Pads) outfit.

First test I copied the bone weights for physics into the outfit without changing any of your new bone weight sliders, and it didn't copy a few parts. I wasn't sure what was missing, so I closed the outfit studio and started the project over. I've never understood the explanations of how to figure out what parts are missing bone weights.

Second test when I copied the bone weights I moved the new slider all the way to the right (15 I think) to get the greatest distance. Then I added zap sliders for the two upper parts of the armor, recopied the bone weights just in case they got lost from adding the zap sliders, and did "Save Project As" to a new name.

Bodyslide kept crashing every time I tried to open the new project's bodyslide files, so I checked the shapedata and SliderSets files and figured out the new OSD file for the shapedata didn't get created.

Don't bother trying to repeat this, though. I'm just mentioning it so that if other people ever start reporting it you'll have a description of what I tried when it happened. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived