and there wonder why they get banned

The only 'ass acting' in a free speech environment without any idea of the causes behind the problem (and trolling is just a peripheral on the Nexus) I can see up to now that is you, mister. It simply hurts me to see a moron again that insists on humbug, one that is utmost hard to distinguish (if ever) from the one of same age on the Nexus, likewise with a strange upside down understanding of the Vietnam War and its impact on the US.

Anyway, stealth mode or not, I don't have the room for such trickeries. Bis repetita non placent.

Yeah' date=' those people who talk about rights are just covering for the crazies like me.

[/quote']

No i was targeting those that use free speech as an argument for why it's ok for them to act like an ass.

Bloody hell,lots more comments here,i don't have an opinion on much of what i've read but if i were running a site it would be one warning and a link to the rules then a ban for trouble makers.

I'm not sure that describes anyone here.

Guest Gandalf

Yeah' date=' those people who talk about rights are just covering for the crazies like me.

[/quote']

No i was targeting those that use free speech as an argument for why it's ok for them to act like an ass.

Bloody hell,lots more comments here,i don't have an opinion on much of what i've read but if i were running a site it would be one warning and a link to the rules then a ban for trouble makers.

If you're not sure what's your point?

Guest Gandalf

The only 'ass acting' in a free speech environment without any idea of the causes behind the problem (and trolling is just a peripheral on the Nexus) I can see up to now that is you' date=' mister. It simply hurts me to see a moron again that insists on humbug, one that is utmost hard to distinguish (if ever) from the one of same age on the Nexus, likewise with a strange upside down understanding of the Vietnam War and its impact on the US.

Anyway, stealth mode or not, I don't have the room for such trickeries. Bis repetita non placent.

[/quote']

The 'ass acting' in a free speech environment is, without a deluded misunderstanding,why you were banned.(and trolling is what this thread is SUPPOSED to be about.)

What the hell does the Nam war have to do with anything are you hearing voices too?

Stealth mode?They have medication for that you know.

Actum ne agas.

Piss off.

[/quote']

If you're not sure what's your point?

It was a common manner of speaking, meaning I don't think you're properly describing anyone's position here in this thread and maybe not anyone in the linked to comments. I get the impression you have a grumpy, knee-jerk reaction to anyone mentioning "free speech" that may apply to some who abuse the phrase but not to those who could be using it correctly or just differently. So you seem to blowing on a strawman.

I'm not one to use the phrase. I avoid "rights", as well. Not sure why, since my political thought often resembles the traditional conservatives now called Libertarians in the US. I suspect my negative association to hippies is the culprit.

Is the Nexus private or public? Yes. The "land" is privately owned but the people can hear and be heard publicly. So I can understand why the non-Libertarian would apply legal terms like "discrimination" IF the Nexus racially profiled and discriminated against someone. Thus, it's not a huge leap to understand a possible applicability of other "rights", including "free speech".

In another context, we wouldn't say that people have a right to go live on a major news network to voice their political views. However, they are protected in limited ways from being prosecuted should they be invited to do so.

In another context, walking up to someone on the street and saying "You're ugly" is grey. So is saying, "You're hot." Yeah, that example doesn't help.

Here's one that works for you: Libraries will remove loud people disturbing others. Hmmm, that one is too good. Scratch that, lol.

Last year, I used a product review site before buying a product. My purchase arrived very late after several contact attempts and in poor condition. Then I learned why after my own review was removed for lack of proof. Yet, positive reviews without proof were entirely common.

Back to the Nexus, sure, its subject matter is trivial. Sure, the admins aren't bound by law to remain impartial/unbiased. Sure, it's nice to only see nice posts. And, sure, there are people who seem mean because of something to do with them and not who they are talking about and don't actually offer feedback except in regards to how they are feeling. Some disturbing posts merely reflect disturbed posters. Same could be said about some happy posters, maybe, too.

That said, I am one of the banned. I skirted being banned for awhile by avoiding my political views on the Pirate Party and not referencing LL and keeping things Dinsey but eventually felt kind of a re-pressure to push back. Another member had a problem with an uploaded mod not tallying downloads correctly. The admin response to this bug was that it was just a "glitch" and nothing the user could do. It did get fixed, but before that, I chimed in... Silly me. I was promptly labeled a troll with an admin included pic of a captured troll and warning. Oh, the shame. So I doubled down, going for the ban, and got it by being "condescending" and "trying to get in the last word." I hope you don't see my responding to any posts here as just me getting in the last word, though I can be very condescending to those who appear that way to me.

And, yes, my only point was made in the beginning of this post. The rest was the coffee talking.

This is totally related and not entirely related in the least but I stumpled (yes, stumpled) across it today. It's a happy sad story of how mean name calling can help change someone's life for the better. Skip to the end for the reveal of why, though it's all pretty grood.

[video=youtube]

It's sort of why I don't mind being called names if you mean it. I mean, I might mind but recognize that minding is sometimes an important process.

Oh, and don't watch part two or you might see it as a counter example to what I just said, but, no, that would be like a total confusion and mess and I already I know there are many ways I'm wrong.

Guest Gandalf
That said, I am one of the banned. I skirted being banned for awhile by avoiding my political views on the Pirate Party and not referencing LL and keeping things Dinsey but eventually felt kind of a re-pressure to push back. Another member had a problem with an uploaded mod not tallying downloads correctly. The admin response to this bug was that it was just a "glitch" and nothing the user could do. It did get fixed, but before that, I chimed in... Silly me. I was promptly labeled a troll with an admin included pic of a captured troll and warning. Oh, the shame. So I doubled down, going for the ban, and got it by being "condescending" and "trying to get in the last word." I hope you don't see my responding to any posts here as just me getting in the last word, though I can be very condescending to those who appear that way to me.

I wasn't referring to you so again what's the point?

What i've been responding to in this thread is trolling and the nonsensical babbling.Trolling because i have been trolled and the babbling because it amuses me.

Guest Gandalf

It was a common manner of speaking, meaning I don't think you're properly describing anyone's position here in this thread and maybe not anyone in the linked to comments. I get the impression you have a grumpy, knee-jerk reaction to anyone mentioning "free speech" that may apply to some who abuse the phrase but not to those who could be using it correctly or just differently. So you seem to blowing on a strawman.

So you don't think i'm PROPERLY describing anyone linked to these comments?Why properly?How can you detect any improper description if you don't know to whom i'm referring?

Grumpy?That you got that right but knee-jerk,never.Free speech,had you actually read what i wrote,is just an excuse for poor behavior.Btw it's straw man not strawman.

I'm not one to use the phrase. I avoid "rights", as well. Not sure why, since my political thought often resembles the traditional conservatives now called Libertarians in the US. I suspect my negative association to hippies is the culprit.

I have a negative reaction to the know-it-all and Pseudo-intellectuals,politics mean nothing to me nor does religion.

Is the Nexus private or public? Yes. The "land" is privately owned but the people can hear and be heard publicly. So I can understand why the non-Libertarian would apply legal terms like "discrimination" IF the Nexus racially profiled and discriminated against someone. Thus, it's not a huge leap to understand a possible applicability of other "rights", including "free speech".

Nonsensical comment built on assumption.

In another context, we wouldn't say that people have a right to go live on a major news network to voice their political views. However, they are protected in limited ways from being prosecuted should they be invited to do so.

Gibberish.

In another context, walking up to someone on the street and saying "You're ugly" is grey. So is saying, "You're hot." Yeah, that example doesn't help.

Here's one that works for you: Libraries will remove loud people disturbing others. Hmmm, that one is too good. Scratch that, lol.

Last year, I used a product review site before buying a product. My purchase arrived very late after several contact attempts and in poor condition. Then I learned why after my own review was removed for lack of proof. Yet, positive reviews without proof were entirely common.

:huh:

Back to the Nexus, sure, its subject matter is trivial. Sure, the admins aren't bound by law to remain impartial/unbiased. Sure, it's nice to only see nice posts. And, sure, there are people who seem mean because of something to do with them and not who they are talking about and don't actually offer feedback except in regards to how they are feeling. Some disturbing posts merely reflect disturbed posters. Same could be said about some happy posters, maybe, too.

Ok.

And, yes, my only point was made in the beginning of this post. The rest was the coffee talking.

You got what you wanted so good for you.:D

Guest Gandalf

This is totally related and not entirely related in the least but I stumpled (yes' date=' stumpled) across it today. It's a happy sad story of how mean name calling can help change someone's life for the better. Skip to the end for the reveal of why, though it's all pretty grood.

It's sort of why I don't mind being called names if you mean it. I mean, I might mind but recognize that minding is sometimes an important process.

Oh, and don't watch part two or you might see it as a counter example to what I just said, but, no, that would be like a total confusion and mess and I already I know there are many ways I'm wrong.

[/quote']

Quite cute and entertaining yet behind it all is a young woman coming to terms with her reality,as we all have to do to continue to grow and individuate.

Knowledge of self is the most wonderful and mind expanding knowledge of all and individuation is the process by which we,through honest self examination and recognition of limitations,recreate ourselves and not become a victim of faulty conditioning.

Nice vid.

It was a common manner of speaking' date=' meaning I don't think you're properly describing anyone's position here in this thread and maybe not anyone in the linked to comments. I get the impression you have a grumpy, knee-jerk reaction to anyone mentioning "free speech" that may apply to some who abuse the phrase but not to those who could be using it correctly or just differently. So you seem to blowing on a strawman.[/quote']

So you don't think i'm PROPERLY describing anyone linked to these comments?Why properly?How can you detect any improper description if you don't know to whom i'm referring?

Grumpy?That you got that right but knee-jerk,never.Free speech,had you actually read what i wrote,is just an excuse for poor behavior.Btw it's straw man not strawman.

I have a negative reaction to the know-it-all and Pseudo-intellectuals,politics mean nothing to me nor does religion.

Nonsensical comment built on assumption.

Gibberish.

:huh:

Ok.

You got what you wanted so good for you.:D

This is like a screenshot perfect example of "trolling" behavior. Too perfect. I just had to copy and repost.

Btw it's straw man not strawman.

but from the Shit I Hate... thread:

I hate when people try to correct a forum post that is understandable' date=' as if our usage or spelling of a language is more important than understandability.

[/quote']

(The only time I've ever corrected someone's English on LL was when that person was attacking people for their poor English.)

Here, you obviously knew "strawman" was "straw man" combined into one word. What if I'd said "straw person"? Then the correction would had been funnier.

Guest Gandalf

Well that's because you don't like my reactions.If you don't want my honest reaction then you shouldn't engage me in conversation.

It's my habit to be straightforward,i'm the same with everyone, my friends and family included but they know and understand me so sorry if you feel that i was trolling you.

Remember that everyone's opinion is just that nothing more,no one has a solid grip on the ultimate truth.All opinions are subjective,however some use opinions to attack,evade or impress which indicates deeper motives.Those that groundlessly attack others is what i thought this thread was about not where i heard that ,freedom of speech, excuse used.

Guest Gandalf

Btw it's straw man not strawman.

but from the Shit I Hate... thread:

I hate when people try to correct a forum post that is understandable' date=' as if our usage or spelling of a language is more important than understandability.

[/quote']

(The only time I've ever corrected someone's English on LL was when that person was attacking people for their poor English.)

Here, you obviously knew "strawman" was "straw man" combined into one word. What if I'd said "straw person"? Then the correction would had been funnier.

I responded to you in kind.It was,on your part,a silly comment so i gave you a silly response.

Well that's because you don't like my reactions.If you don't want my honest reaction then you shouldn't engage me in conversation.

It's my habit to be straightforward' date='i'm the same with everyone, my friends and family included but they know and understand me so sorry if you feel that i was trolling you.

Remember that everyone's opinion is just that nothing more,no one has a solid grip on the ultimate truth.All opinions are subjective,however some use opinions to attack,evade or impress which indicates deeper motives.Those that groundlessly attack others is what i thought this thread was about not where i heard that ,freedom of speech, excuse used.

[/quote']

It was a bit a of cheap shot on my part. If anyone's more of a troll here, it's me. I haven't made any mods to share and am not currently playing any games with mods. The most I've done is maybe help a few users with some general and technical problems. You're an actual contributor with a role in the community. And I really do appreciate seeing you active in the forums.

Also, I'm not entirely against trolling, so defending your actions with me isn't really necessary in this case. The reason I loosely labeled your response as "trolling" was because much of it resembled a quick "That is wrong" without enough substance for further investigation. As with name-calling, again, I'm not opposed to such responses because they still provide something. I've had people simply call me "stupid" and followed up with considering how it might be true. Not sure though how to respond to "gibberish", as an example from your reply, which is more like a full stop without knowing where the breakdown in communication broke.

Yes, I do agree that opinions are opinions. But I don't agree that a common or folk definition, left as a self reference, is all that enlightening. Gibberish?

Guest Gandalf

I wasn't defending my reactions i was apologizing because you felt i was trolling you.

Loosely labeled?You said,"perfect example of "trolling" behavior."

I am against trolling because it can be hurtful to others.

Name calling?

I've been called a lot of things in my lifetime but i refuse to allow that behavior to undermine my self esteem.

"gibberish" simply means it seems like you're saying something but i don't get the point.

But I don't agree that a common or folk definition, left as a self reference, is all that enlightening.

This sentence is just words to me but it really doesn't matter.