NMM from 0.52.+to 0.70.+ ( important info, help, tips & tricks)

@Ritualclarity

I have noticed that when upgrading to 0.63.0 that there is something you have to watch out for, when you disable a mod and try to re-enable it errors can occur, but if you uninstall the mod fully and reinstall it the error doesn't seem to present itself anymore, this may be an issue in how the handling of the mods are done or simply how volatile modding for Fallout 4 is right now with Bethesda's constant upgrades coming through, nothing that a few minutes won't solve, I updated to 0.63.0 today with a full mod list activated on Fallout 4 and none of them got deactivated "But" I did notice something else that caught my attention, I'm not sure if it's tied to the update or it's an issue with Nexus' caching but none of the mods were showing as needing an update despite almost half of my list being out of date by a couple of versions.

@Ritualclarity

I have noticed that when upgrading to 0.63.0 that there is something you have to watch out for, when you disable a mod and try to re-enable it errors can occur, but if you uninstall the mod fully and reinstall it the error doesn't seem to present itself anymore, this may be an issue in how the handling of the mods are done or simply how volatile modding for Fallout 4 is right now with Bethesda's constant upgrades coming through, nothing that a few minutes won't solve, I updated to 0.63.0 today with a full mod list activated on Fallout 4 and none of them got deactivated "But" I did notice something else that caught my attention, I'm not sure if it's tied to the update or it's an issue with Nexus' caching but none of the mods were showing as needing an update despite almost half of my list being out of date by a couple of versions.

I noticed some needed updating as well when I went to download those mods again that were giving me some problems. I didn't have a problem with the reinstall on those mods I was having problems with this time. Didn't think Or don't think I did the uninstall all reinstall option. There were quite a few mods might have.

Needless to say Fallout 4 had some issues this time with the update.

Yeah that's a slight understatement, probably why NMM 0.63.1 is out for download already.

• Version 0.63.1
  • Impact: Minor
  • Type: Hotfix
    • Fixed Crash issue on mod upgrades and file overwrites.

Updated to 0.63.1 without any issues, no mods were disabled/uninstalled and all plugins remained loaded and intact.

Yeah that's a slight understatement, probably why NMM 0.63.1 is out for download already.

• Version 0.63.1
  • Impact: Minor
  • Type: Hotfix
    • Fixed Crash issue on mod upgrades and file overwrites.

Updated to 0.63.1 without any issues, no mods were disabled/uninstalled and all plugins remained loaded and intact.

Fallout 4

Yes.. I see a difference for Fallout 4 with the mods and the new version (0.63.1)  All worked and so far all I tried to reinstall also worked well. Uninstall worked well for the most part. However somehow in the past an esp fell out of NMM and into the main folder no longer managed at least for a brief time when trying to remove and reinstall it. I got a warning that it was still there. I went through again and deleted it from all profiles etc and tried to reinstall it and it was cleaned up. Not sure if that is a glitch or somehow the file fell through the cracks and later was fixed or what not. However it was really strange. This is the only thing that was strange. Everything else worked well. IN fact the reinstall process for the mods I just fixed yesterday so it is fresh in my mind actually went faster and more ... much more responsive as well. Even the more complex scripted installers were more responsive than I experienced just yesterday. All in all a big thumbs up from me for Fallout 4.

Hope that helps a bit.

Well, the current NMM version will be the last ever of the manager the way it is now. 

Nexus appointed the developer of MO - Tannin42 as a new head developer and they are working on a brand new mod manager.

The full info is here: http://www.nexusmods.com/games/news/12905/?

The relevant parts for NMM:

"We needed to bring someone on board who could rebuild the Nexus Mod Manager from the ground up with a fresh and open mind and the ability to manage the NMM dev team."

"[...]the current Nexus Mod Manager is now end-of-line. Essentially, we’re going to stop all further major development on the current version of NMM to focus on the new software. We will be releasing bug fixes as and when necessary to keep support for the current games (including Skyrim SE), but the current version available on the site, version 0.63, is going to be the last version with any major functionality additions."

"If Mod Organizer is what Tannin can do in his spare time while also doing a full time programming job, what could he do if he worked full-time on a mod manager with two skilled and experienced NMM programmers working with him as a team?""

Yep.. that means that future NMM users as well as those that use MO will have to learn to work with a whole new mod manager.

I thought it was weird that Tannin slowed down so much around the time of last August... I thought it was burn out not that he was working for Nexus. Personally I would prefer that he did MO and continued with the development of MO. This way there are two different managers one for some that want it simple quick and easy and another for those that want it more detailed and controlled management of their mods. That was what was great about having 2 managers. That and having wonderful arguments over why someone should use one over the other :P I can't see a perfect blend of both simple and complex being done in one manager. There likely will have to be a middle ground. So now likely both parties will suffer.

However I can't blame someone from desiring to get a pay check for their hard work.

Shame it has been months of time the volunteer testers wasted on something that was pretty much a dead program.

Since the problem with the disabled mods i decide to build everything up again from the start. So after installing Skyrim again and installing the newest version off NMM i start with my mods. Unfortunally i´ve encountered a problem i have never had before. Just set up the same postng under the section of the Mod on Nexus, but i will try it here, too, since the responses are usually much better and quicker. ;)

So this ist the posting:

I´ve got a problem while installing TR Reloaded HD. That´s the first time this error occurs and i have no idea whats the cause.
Round about 81 % the installation with NMM stops giving me the following error:

A problem occured during install:
The access on path "d:\Games\Nexus Mod Manager\Skyrim\Mods\cache\Tamriel Reloaded HD main file 0-9b FULL for NMM-61995-0-9b\fomod\info.xml
was denided.
The mod was not installed.

The mods before (installation order) all went fine. No problems. I also donwloaded Tamriel Reloaded HD main file 0-9b FULL for NMM-61995-0-9b but the error still occurs.

[ .. ]

The access on path "d:\Games\Nexus Mod Manager\Skyrim\Mods\cache\Tamriel Reloaded HD main file 0-9b FULL for NMM-61995-0-9b\fomod\info.xml

was denided.

Did you run NMM as an Administrator?

If yes try deleting the file it is complaining about and reinstalling the mod.

[ .. ]

was denided.

Did you run NMM as an Administrator?

If yes try deleting the file it is complaining about and reinstalling the mod.

Yes, NMM is running in Administrator Mode.

The problem with the path is, that it is generated during installation of the mod. At the time, the problem occurs, there is no "info.xml" under the path. So i am not able to delete it.

The problem with the path is, that it is generated during installation of the mod. At the time, the problem occurs, there is no "info.xml" under the path. So i am not able to delete it.

Hmm. Maybe you can try renaming the archive file of the mod to one word like (TamrielR.zip), maybe there is something in the name (lenght, characters) that is breaking it. 

Also it seems the newest NM has problems with rar files. Is it a rar archive?

Hmm. Maybe you can try renaming the archive file of the mod to one word like (TamrielR.zip), maybe there is something in the name (lenght, characters) that is breaking it. 

Also it seems the newest NM has problems with rar files. Is it a rar archive?

Tried to rename the file - didn´t work.

Yes, it is a rar archive. But all mods i am using are rar archives and the one which i installed before this one work fine.

Yes, it is a rar archive. But all mods i am using are rar archives and the one which i installed before this one work fine.

But it seems this one has a scripted installer. Maybe converting it to zip would help? 

Other than that I have no idea how to fix this.

Didn´t help at all. I just tried the older version of the mod, but the problem is the same. Think about to install dhe mod manually. Hope the patches for SMIM and ELX will work after that.

*Edit*

Ok, no way to install the archive manually because of textures in different qualities. (1k-2k) So i guess i can wait for a solution, or try an older version of NMM or forget the mod. Or switch to MO, but that´s not an option. :)

Mart0206 - Very sorry reading how much problems you had with upgrading your manager.

This morning I upgraded my manager to 0.63.1 and had no problems at all.  Saying that, I'm not boasting but just being surprised how upgrading NMM works flawless at one person, and makes annoying troubles to other.

NMM 0.63.2 is out

Please read if you are upgrading from NMM version 0.56.1 or lower: this is a MAJOR update of the Nexus Mod Manager that will uninstall all your mods and then attempt to reinstall all your mods in the current order. Please read the site news for more information before proceeding.
Version 0.63.2

Warning: This version requires .Net Framework 4.6 (If you're not using Windows 10, you can download it HERE )

Impact: Minor
Type: New game support Added Skyrim Special Edition support

Well we will see how much support it has for the new system tomorrow.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/?

Many mods seem to be there already. NOt sure if is a copy of the original (not downloadable ) using their system to copy over all the data (minus the download and stats) or actual updated version as some have early access to the game.

There are alot of Arthmoor mods that have been updated (changed the bsa and textures as needed to port over the files) here

http://afkmods.iguanadons.net/index.php?/forum/352-skyrim-special-edition/

Something to get us started as we wait for other mods to be ported over.

and give a good exercise to the new manager changes for NMM.

By the way.. if already installed how to you go about getting the game to activate or use for another game? Newbie wants to know :P

ritual - Thanks for the info and links, my friend.

I didn't install this version. Will wait some time until SSE get more "stable" and developed.

Also, since I got a new job and living with 2 gf's doesn't give me much time to test NMM as before. But, I will still do it, when will have time. ;)

Therefore, all info (like yours) would be very very helpful and highly appreciated. :)

OH... also I believe you have to activate the game and start it at least once for managers to take over and be able to work properly for the managers to do there thing.. If it isn't working try starting the game at least once. Iam currently downloading it.

Correct. That's how NMM always worked.

After installing SSE, the game has to be initiated first so that NMM will "recognize" it.

ritual - Thanks for the info and links, my friend.

I didn't install this version. Will wait some time until SSE get more "stable" and developed.

Also, since I got a new job and living with 2 gf's doesn't give me much time to test NMM as before. But, I will still do it, when will have time. ;)

Therefore, all info (like yours) would be very very helpful and highly appreciated. :)

I am currently using what little time I currently have :P ... testing a mod and some updates for FNV. A restoration project of a popular mod and there are so many bugs and now perhaps the fans might even get new content added to the end of the orignal mod so that will take most of my time.

I am downloading it and can run a few mods into it maybe if I get some time. At least if it can activate and go through the process then we know most of it is working :)

I just don't know how to point it to the new Skyrim SE :blush: However I have to wait for it to download first.. lol.

ritual - thanks for testing it.

I will not install latest NMM version yet. I have no need and time to get frustrated because some mods won't work. :)

Honesty, I rarely have chance to play Skyrim.

Found it .. it is the half circle arrow thing in the corner.

Not sure how much I can test it ... :P if I can test it... :P but at least I will have the game downloaded. I have updated it to the newest version and so far it don't seem to much of an issue with Fallout 4 mods. The manager opens and all seems to be good. .. so far. Haven't used it for my game because haven't played Fallotu 4 in a while.

OH... also I believe you have to activate the game and start it at least once for managers to take over and be able to work properly for the managers to do there thing.. If it isn't working try starting the game at least once. Iam currently downloading it.

Correct. That's how NMM always worked.

After installing SSE, the game has to be initiated first so that NMM will "recognize" it.

Yes.. that is true with MO, FOMM andI believe even OBMM as well :)

I would assume all managers need to have the game started so that it can create the needed files that are necessary for the manager to "see" what is going on and do its work.

Thanks slorm. Yea, nexus site is having problem with the 0.63.3 version. (At least I do have). They also didn't update the fixes/changes info for latest version.