NMM from 0.52.+to 0.70.+ ( important info, help, tips & tricks)

The version seems okay the problems look to be server side. I did get it working for a while but then got the errors back. The nexus website is choppy as well, I'm getting a lot of hangs atm

EDIT:

Nexus have confirmed that they knew about the server problems and are switching off services server-side due to the extra load from the SSE release.

Why they didn't announce this earlier is beyond me and would have saved them being bombarded with needless bug reports

Yeah there is a reason for these issues me and you all are having, and they are well documented here

In short Nexus staff have disabled the "download with manager" servers so that the main website will function still during the massive amount of new people logging on because of SSE, this unfortunately means that at this point until they re-enable it that we cannot download with manager nor can we update the info for our mods.

Yeah there is a reason for these issues me and you all are having, and they are well documented here

In short Nexus staff have disabled the "download with manager" servers so that the main website will function still during the massive amount of new people logging on because of SSE, this unfortunately means that at this point until they re-enable it that we cannot download with manager nor can we update the info for our mods.

Lastly, if things get too bad, we'll have to shut off the NMM services (and potentially other services). While NMM is important to us, it requires a crazy amount of resources to keep up and running and if we find it's affecting the performance of the site too much (to the point the sites aren't able to load) then we'll shut NMM login and download services off until things cool down. You'll still be able to use NMM offline, and install mods manually (download the mod to your hard-drive, then drag and drop the mod from your hard-drive to NMM), you just won't be able to login and download files from within NMM until such time as we turn the services back on.

You still should be able to download and install mods manually.

You can download and install mods manually everything will work as normal with NMM except you can't download with manager for now and you can't get the id of the mods through the manager.

You can even download the mods manually and install them with NMM without even connecting to the nexus as many of you will likely know about this already. It was up for a small time a few moments ago but there is an overwhelming number of people downloading SSE mods right now so it's all spray and pray essentially.

How do you go offline with NMM?

The other games (fallout 4 for example even tried smoe of my other games) it opens quite quickly.. for Skyrim SE it take a dogs year..

Currently it is responding quickly again. Mostly need to know for future references. :)

Fallout 4:

So far all looks good on my game with the current 0.63.5 version.

Skyrim SE also seems to work.. haven't downloaded any mods but the rest works..

Not sure but now that it is up (Nexus currently) the response of NMM seems to be pretty dam fast.. is anyone else experiencing this? Before it took a bit of time for it to open for me.

It's simple to go offline with NMM where you would normally sign in at the bottom left of the program, if it's red with the message *You are not logged in* then your effectively in offline mode.

NMM was working fine and fairly quickly last night but when I came to use it this afternoon it is offline again, I'm guessing this is because it's one of the rush hour periods for mod downloading with SSE.

My NMM can't install the SMIM 2.0.0 and former SMIM loose files version (leaving the files, I have to remove them manually) for the Special Edition - no problem with the packed 1.9.9 version. Anyone has the same issue?

Edit: Well, the problem was similar when installing large files like Apachii, KS Hairdos, 3DNPC. Culprit: my anti-Virus (Avira)

Solution: https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/tracker/issue-64295-cant-activate-some-mods/

Quoting: 

Open Avira Antivirus (not the launcher, the actual antivirus program), click on Real-Time protection on the left-hand side, then click on Configuration over on the right.

In the next window, expand Real-Time Protection > Scan, and select Exceptions. Then in the lower part on the right ("File objects to be omitted...") type *.xml  in the box and click "Add>>" (it should appear in the list to the right). Then just click "OK" a few times and you're done.

It's simple to go offline with NMM where you would normally sign in at the bottom left of the program, if it's red with the message *You are not logged in* then your effectively in offline mode.

NMM was working fine and fairly quickly last night but when I came to use it this afternoon it is offline again, I'm guessing this is because it's one of the rush hour periods for mod downloading with SSE.

Ah.. no wonder I missed it.. lol. Thanks.

It is working pretty quickly for me but it has been spotty (logged on) the past day or so. I thought it was the new version but it is the connection to Nexus that is slowing things down.

NMM 0.63.5 is out

Version 0.63.5Warning: This version requires .Net Framework 4.6 (If you're not using Windows 10, you can download it HERE )

Impact: Minor
Type: Hotfix
  1. Fixed a startup crash issue when launching the Skyrim SE mode and there was a plugin requesting an unofficial plugin as master.
  1. Skyrim SE mode will now properly look for SSEEdit instead of TES5Edit.
  2. The plugins tab will now make it more obvious that NMM is not managing official plugins (and they will also show in the proper order).
  3. Updated the list of forced hardlinks with some sound files that dindn't work when symlinked.
  4. Fixed a Fallout 4 startup crash when the Fallout4.ini was missing or broken.
  5. The program will no longer crash when adding mod archives directly from the Mods folder.

I haven't updated from 63.1 because I have just got my FO4 mod list exactly how I want it (until someone releases a new mod anyway) and I don't want to go through it all again so soon, especially since I don't have much time for gaming at this time of year.

I just updated  NMM from 0.63.1. Updating from "Installer" works fine. I updated the manager although I don't play SSE and FO4.

I also don't have time to do the testing as before. :(

I haven't updated from 63.1 because I have just got my FO4 mod list exactly how I want it (until someone releases a new mod anyway) and I don't want to go through it all again so soon, especially since I don't have much time for gaming at this time of year.

I have the most current version so I could test a bit out for the new SSE..

I can tell you almost nothing is different from the previous one in relation to Fallout 4. You won't tell the difference if you wanted to run a quick update. The biggest problem I had with the upgrade is the paths for SSE and Fallout 4 was wrong and wouldn't work. For Fallout 4 they disappeared.. :s  However once I corrected the path back to where it was installed (previously selected) all was good. I had to tweak the SSE as well for some reason. Not ever sure how it happened... however it was a easy fix and I don't even really know how to use NMM very well. :cool:

OH I was keeping it offline /not logged in as it was taking a very long time to load up when I was auto logging in.

Added note...

AS many that know me .. know I don't like NMM one bit. I really don't. it is a necessary evil.. well evil is a bit harsh.. ^_^

That  being said so far other than a few minor glitches one causing a NMM crash that dumped some loose files into my folder that was no longer managed by NMM (easy clean up ;)) I haven't had any major issue related to the functionality of NMM in the Fallout 4 universe that hasn't been mentioned as a bug and fixed by the NMM team quickly and reasonably effectively.

The main reason I haven't updated is I'm worried that my now pristine mod list will get nuked and I'll have to reinstall it all again, since I just finished and I haven't even got past Concord in terms of playtime yet I'm trying to force myself to play the game and not tweak it when I have the free time,

I do believe the NMM server issue is resolved now but don't quote me on it (seems to be weekends when it's heaviest)

I think what your aiming for with that comment is that NMM is the lesser of 2 evils, while I use it religiously and having tried MO couldn't figure it out to save my life I would welcome a new manager as NMM is getting long in the tooth now.

[Edit]

Server issue still presides, just tried checking for mod updates, but logging in works so far.

NMM Doesn't work for me anymore. Like no matter what version, no matter even if you reboot your PC, it will still not work for me.

I click the application and it will appear to be loading and doesn't even show up after loading, it will just not function.

I simply realized it's too broken beyond repair and I can't even get the kinks around MO to even get FNIS to work properly.

Tried to import mods from NMM to MO, MO crashes and I manually copy pasted the folders.

My Skyrim is borky, yay for T-stance.

Can anyone lend a hand?

The main reason I haven't updated is I'm worried that my now pristine mod list will get nuked and I'll have to reinstall it all again, since I just finished and I haven't even got past Concord in terms of playtime yet I'm trying to force myself to play the game and not tweak it when I have the free time,

I do believe the NMM server issue is resolved now but don't quote me on it (seems to be weekends when it's heaviest)

I think what your aiming for with that comment is that NMM is the lesser of 2 evils, while I use it religiously and having tried MO couldn't figure it out to save my life I would welcome a new manager as NMM is getting long in the tooth now.

[Edit]

Server issue still presides, just tried checking for mod updates, but logging in works so far.

I have updated NMM three times right after the releases. So far no problems with my load order or mods being active. Now that is no guarantee that it will not nuke your load order but at least for me it worked well.  I am testing it and updating it because I can rework my game as I am not playing Fallout 4 currently and can fix whatever happens for the most part however of course I don't want it screwed up.

The aim of that statement about MO is I love MO for Skyrim, Fallout 3 and Fallout NV. I love the way it works and does what it does. I like the direct access that I havne't been able to figure out to do with NMM. That comment was exactly for the purpose to indicate that dispite my admiration and preference for MO I cannot use it for Fallout 4 or the new SE and my use of NMM for Fallout for the past few months has shown that it is a reasonable and functional mod manager that is worth looking at. It is better for me than using what I had done early on with Fallout 4, using manual installations.

NMM sin't the "lesser of two evils" it is just another option for those that want to mod. For me to not manual install my mods.. I have to use NMM (the evil part) as there isn't another manager I can use (MO2 don't work well enough for me)  So it is a necessary evil if I don't want to manually install my mods. I realize that might hve been a bit confusing. I am not stating NMM is evil.. ;) It works great for many people and many love it and that is great and to those people I say continue using NMM and don't even move to MO unless you find you are curious and want to try out MOs way of handling mods to see what that is about. Also that you have some time to do so along with a bit of patience to get use to the new system.

Elf Prince can confirm my statement above. :) To each his own. So long as it works managangng the mods.. and you like it.. it is the best manager for you.

NMM Doesn't work for me anymore. Like no matter what version, no matter even if you reboot your PC, it will still not work for me.

I click the application and it will appear to be loading and doesn't even show up after loading, it will just not function.

I simply realized it's too broken beyond repair and I can't even get the kinks around MO to even get FNIS to work properly.

Tried to import mods from NMM to MO, MO crashes and I manually copy pasted the folders.

Can anyone lend a hand?

Do you have an up to date version of Net Framework (it's up to 4.6 if your somehow not on Windows 10)

Have you completely uninstalled and reinstalled NMM to try and fix this problem

I can not offer any help or advice with regards to MO, it's beyond my scope of expertise.

Can anyone lend a hand?

Do you have an up to date version of Net Framework (it's up to 4.6 if your somehow not on Windows 10)

I can not offer any help or advice with regards to MO, it's beyond my scope of expertise.

IT is not advised to import mods into NMM from MO... It is better to get the files you downloaded and then reinstall them through MO on a clean Skyrim install.

Can anyone lend a hand?

IT is not advised to import mods into NMM from MO... It is better to get the files you downloaded and then reinstall them through MO on a clean Skyrim install.

Net Framework, I'm not sure if I have it updated or so, but I'll check to see.

As for uninstalling and reinstalling NMM, I've done this multiple times and I have even erased the Black Tree Gaming folders.

Still does no effect, but Net Framework is my own option to check. If not, then struggling through MO it is.

Edit: I somehow managed to learn how to use MO in 2 days of tweaking.

u w0t m8.

Please read if you are upgrading from NMM version 0.56.1 or lower: this is a MAJOR update of the Nexus Mod Manager that will uninstall all your mods and then attempt to reinstall all your mods in the current order. Please read the site news for more information before proceeding.
Version 0.63.6

NMM 0.63.6 is out

Warning: This version requires .Net Framework 4.6 (If you're not using Windows 10, you can download it HERE )

Impact: Minor
Type: Hotfix

1. Fixed issues that could cause Mods to be missing from the mods list while in category view.
  2. Fixed issue with "Categories: Update and Reset to Nexus Defaults" that could fail to properly update the category list.
  3. "Categories: Update and Reset to Nexus Defaults" will now properly reset the base category list when unable to update the online list.
  4. Updated base category list for Skyrim SE.
  5. Merged the "Fix DownloadIDs" and "Check for mod updates" functionality, it should now also properly work for everyone.

Download: my OP under NMM - downloads (Virus free rar installers): or you can go directly to Nexus: http://www.nexusmods...ds/modmanager/?

The way, occupation, work and the speed my private life goes recent few weeks doesn't give me enough time to test NMM upgrades. I don't recall when I had a chance to play Skyrim last time. My apologies to all followers of this thread and to those who needed a help for not providing info, tips and help. :( :(

Question to those that love NMM and used it for a LOOOONNNNNNGGGGG time. :P

I have quite a bit of "garbage" in NMM now. Loads of mods that have the little triangle! etc.

I know it isn't hurting much having them there but do you guys, gals and aliens :P remove them and clean it up. i have enough that recently I have started renaming some of the files (in the manager) becuase the author can't for some reason keep a consistent naming convention :dodgy: but even with that it is getting quite large. 

I was thinking of at least removing the obsolete replaced mods (keeping the most current versions of course) and any other mods, again most current version even if I am not currently using them.

Thoughts?

I have quite a bit of "garbage" in NMM now. Loads of mods that have the little triangle! etc.

I know it isn't hurting much having them there but do you guys, gals and aliens :P remove them and clean it up. i have enough that recently I have started renaming some of the files (in the manager) becuase the author can't for some reason keep a consistent naming convention :dodgy: but even with that it is getting quite large. 

I was thinking of at least removing the obsolete replaced mods (keeping the most current versions of course) and any other mods, again most current version even if I am not currently using them.

Thoughts?

I've used it for almost 5 years I think.  I created new categories for each of the categories I use (ex. clothing unused) and put the unused mods in that, so that reinstalling everything I want after a screw up is easier.  I just recently started deleting the obsolete versions because it was getting verrrrrrry crowded in there and I just  couldn't give myself a good reason to keep them anymore.  Anything I did want to keep archived I moved from the NMM mods directory and put on another drive.

I've always renamed some files for the reason you gave, and because optional files for the mod are often named differently and I want to keep all parts of a mod together.

I'm sorry, what do you mean mods with "triangle"..... I don't remember I ever had any. Can yo explain?