NMM from 0.52.+to 0.70.+ ( important info, help, tips & tricks)

NMM users:

This thread is a WIP. I will try to regularly inform you about all updates, troubleshooting and bugs about NMM. The most important updates and tips will be placed here, and other info and news will be posted in the thread.
All information is collected from various sources: Nexus site, NMM troubleshooting forums, various experienced users and personal experience.

- All versions of NMM 0.63.+  were tested on Windows 7 Professional 64 bit.

If you need a help with installation of SexLab and SexLab mods, you can find help and tips here:

NMM - SexLab and SL related mods installation, help and tips

Although I created this thread, I have no exclusive rights for providing answers/help. You can all participate in helping others. So, if there is a need for help and you know how to help, please do, do not wait for me to answer first. You don't need my approval. It's your right. :classic_smile:

****provocations like: MO is better than NMM and advertising MO in this thread will be immediately reported to moderators.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We cannot stress enough that we are still in the beta stage of NMM. NMM is in a very good state and will be usable by nearly everyone, but Beta stages are typically used for testing and bug fixing, and some of you will find bugs.

We are using a bug tracker system on our forums that allows you to post any bugs you might have with NMM. We cannot fix a bug if you do not report it! Using the tracker system is as intuitive as making a post on a forum, and you can login to it using your Nexus username and password.

We also have a beta test subforum that contains all the information you need to know to get started, report bugs and help us with development of NMM.

Limitations

We don't want to make you think that NMM is the solution to your problems getting 1,000 mods to all work together right now. It's our aim to to reach that point and it's what we're working towards. However, even simple mods can be a complex business and trying to get many mods to all work together is something people in the community have been working hard to do since the start of this community. NMM is designed to make your life downloading, installing, updating and managing mods easier, but it will not currently be the wonder pill that will make all your conflicts and compatibility issues disappear. Load orders, conflicts and compatibility issues still exist with NMM at this time.

Mods may not work for a number of different reasons, and not all of them are the fault of NMM or the mod author who created the mod(s). Please remember this before you verbally abuse us, or the file authors, for not being able to get your mods to work.

Having said that, development is ongoing with NMM to make these difficult aspects of modding as easy to overcome as is possible within the limits of the game. We are working hard to not only ensure these issues are mitigated as much as possible within NMM, but also to ensure our program is compatible with any other tools and utilities you might use at the moment to deal with them.

IMPORTANT!!! IMPORTANT!!! IMPORTANT!!!
Before you do any changes to your game (mod upgrades, uninstallation, new mods installation ... ) :

1. RUN NMM AS ADMINSITRATOR

2.  back up your present game and the mods from Games/Nexus Mod Manager/Skyrim/Mods. (You might lose them ... Not necessary, but precautions ... one can never be sure enough ... Seriously - Do back up)

Beginners guide to modding for NMM users (by gromulos)

Installing NMM and everything related to mods (Video tutorials for beginners by Gopher)

https://www.gophersvids.com/?gopher_storyboard=nexus-mod-manager-and-load-order

READ! Read the description pages for each mod. Read the install instructions for each mod or utility. Read the Skyrim owners manual. No one was ever hurt by just reading.

while this was primarily made for Skyrim, it also works for Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas, FO4

This guide will NOT work for any unofficial version of Skyrim, Fallout New Vegas, Fallout 3 or FO4.

1) You need to run LOOT, Wrye Bash and TES5Edit, in that order.
Loot is not 100% and if that is all you're using you're going to have many problems as you progress through your play through, BOSS is no longer being supported and thus is out of date with newer mods. With many mods loaded, you should be using 2 other programs, Wrye Bash and TES5Edit. Sort the plugins with loot then click apply.

LOOT = load order
Wrye Bash = verification of load order and primary and secondary file load
TES5Edit = verification of primary and secondary file load

2)  Wrye Bash 306-beta - Standalone Executable

2.1) When you run Wrye Bash if any checkmarks are not green, those mods are causing problems in your game, you make them turn green by dragging them up or down in your load order in wrye bash till they do turn green.

2.2) You HAVE to have either a merged patch or bashed patch file, once again Wrye Bash is your friend because it will automatically make you a bashed patch file when it loads your mods. A bashed patch file makes all your weapon and armor and other mods play nice together, it also keeps track of leveled lists in the game and makes them work better together also.

2.3) One other thing, make sure you enable ( check mark ) the bashed patch Wrye Bash makes, then right click it and choose rebuild patch as the one Wrye Bash makes is empty,  which should always be last in your load order unless you're using an ENB, SUM, ASIS, or the Reproccer.

2.4) Make sure you go through both lists on the left and right panes of the window and make sure each entry that has a listing also has a check mark for the box next to it. Rebuilding the bashed patch is not going to help you if EVERYTHING is not included.

2.5) Concerning what the red, orange, and green check marks mean in Wrye Bash.

A) Red means a missing master file - basically a guaranteed CTD on startup.

:classic_cool:Orange means that some ESP has requested its master files in an order that is different to the the order that you currently have them in. Orange mods are arguably more dangerous, because you won't necessarily get an immediate CTD every time, so you may be lulled into a false sense of security, whereas in reality you have an unstable load order.  
Clicking on the orange/red mods will show you what masters they have, and what order they want them in. From here on in, it becomes like a puzzle: you need to manually drag and drop the various masters in your load order until their order is harmonious ( IE:. you've managed to provide the desired order of master files for every single ESP in your list simultaneously ) and all of your oranges have disappeared.

C) Green means you are good to go for that mod

D) If it's not possible to eliminate all orange mods, you may need to do one of the following:

• Manually download and manually install the mod - sometimes they are corrupted, this has worked for other people in the past that I have helped one-on-one
  • Ditch one or two mods / patches - last resort
  • Sort the master files for the orange mod in TES5Edit - see appendix 1

Appendix 1 -

open WRYE
find an orange mod

when tes5 opens and lists all your mods, right click the window
load in Tes5Edit only that mod and tes5 will load the rest ( best to do one at a time )
then right click the orange mod and pick sort masters
then close and save

The first 9 files should ALWAYS be in this order, no exceptions.

kO6gh.jpg

DO NOT USE A MERGED PATCH AND A BASHED PATCH AT THE SAME TIME, ONE OR THE OTHER.

#1 rule - NEVER delete a mod once you install it unless you are making a new character - N E V E R !!!

3) TES5EDIT is used to do 2 things,

(A) verify that your load order is not missing any files that your mods need and

( :classic_cool: verify that no primary files are being loaded after secondary files. When you run TES5EDIT it will throw up an error box  and the error will be displayed at the bottom of the right pane / panel. All you have to do is read what it says and it will tell you exactly how to fix the problem in Wrye Bash. Yes, you can open Wrye Bash while TES5EDIT is open so you don't even have to write down what the error is smile.gif

Please remember that while LOOT is a great program it is NOT 100 %

All the files in here are in my siggy, just run them in the order I have them listed

Let me know if you need any more help smile.gif

EDIT: SKYui should be loaded directly above your bashed patch. SKYui is a menu management mod and thus should be loaded AFTER any other mods except the patch file, Reproccer, ASIS, or an ENB

Additional info that may be of use for some people below:

1) MotoSxorpio - If you have removed a plugin or changed load order, a reference ID for objects being missing could cause CTD.

2) Oubliette - Error checking mod combos isn't impossible it's just a pain to do and no one wants to do it for anyone but themselves - which answers your other question.

The following is standard trouble shooting for mod issues not pinned to a single mod (this is why you test every single mod in your install as you go, individually and with all your other mods - to pinpoint problems at the mod from the very beginning).

First - have you verified your game files through steam and updated to the latest patch?
Second - uncheck all your mods, start a new game, save after the chargen. This will be your 'tester save.' Do Not Overwrite or Delete this save.
Third - Enable five mods.
Four - Go into game with your tester save. Run from one end of the game world to the other. Go into a few cities. Interact with a few things that are mod related. See if anything crashes.
Five - No sign of problems? Repeat 3-5. It crashed or something's not right? Go to step 6.
Six - something crashed? uncheck one of the five mods then go back to your tester save, repeat step 4.

Continue until you have found and fixed your error.

Intermediate guide by - Tony971 - http://www.nexusmods...im/mods/56894/?

Advanced guide by - GrandBulwark - http://www.nexusmods...im/mods/32363/?

How many mods and plugins does NMM support

Skyrim(!) only understands 255/256 Bethesda plugins. These will be files that have either the ESM or ESP file extension. Prefix is inbuilt for 32 bit game. Period.

You can pile up SKSE plugins, textures and meshes above that number, because they do not have Bethesda plugin extensions at all.
Load order only understands plugins. It does not care or manage anything else.
Your ability to pile up other mods above plugins depends on your computer. You can have 1,000,000,000 texture mods overwriting each other, but both Skyrim and your computer still needs to go through each and every one of them. This is why it is recommended to use a limited number of mods overwriting each other.

While bashed patches can allow for some mods to be integrated into it, and while in the actual program it marks this as merging mods, this is not a true merge. The only mods that can be compiled into a bashed patches are basic mods that only touch Skyrim's setting files or basic information regarding levelled lists, or very basic fiddling with other base information such as biped slots, so it is more compiling a group of settings changes that previously would need an esp slot to be picked up on by the game.
This is an AUTOMATIC process and you cannot get it to accept any mods that are not set up to be merged with a bashed patch by the author. Some mods (such as multiple floor sandboxing) have an alternate version that is specifically designed for Wrye Bash to recognise it so that it can be integrated.

Inactive plugins in your load order also counts towards the plugin limit, for instance, let's say that you have 100 active plugins and 10 inactive plugins, so the plugin count will be 110, and not 100 !!!!

How to install Skyrim and FO4 mods mods using NMM (link and video)

How to make Backup and how to restore your Backup 0.63.+

Creating back up is very simple. Just follow the pictures.

1. You can back up 4 categories (I back up all 4 so if something goes wrong I can restore all my mods, base game and continue to play as I started ast time. Backing up all categories is long and especially when archiving))

2. Once you back up folder, NMM will do it's job)

3. When finished, your backup shuld be in place where you place it.

Restoring backup is also very simple:

Tools > Backup and Restore > Restore Mod installation backup

- NMM will prompt you to your backup and choosing it and confirming it will start restoring your backup

U2LyXr34.png

in9sdU9C.png

CPQGYU2l.png

4D2etLV4.png

What to do on first installation/upgrading of NMM 0.63.+  (READ THIS - VERY IMPORTANT)

This prompt informs you that NMM needs to uninstall all your mods and then asks you a question.
If you click YES, NMM attempts to reinstall all your mods how they were before the update.
If you click NO, NMM will uninstall all your mods and leave you to reinstall your mods how you see fit.
If you click Cancel then none of the above will happen, but you won't be able to use version 0.61, allowing you to gracefully roll-back to your original NMM version through the normal method (installing the last version over the top of the usual NMM location). If you do this, nothing will have been changed and you'll be completely back to normal on the old build of NMM.

How can I disable "Updating message"

You can disable the update messages in NMM, just go to Settings and under Options, uncheck the box where it says "Check for updates on start up".

How to create load order list (in pictures)

Adding more supporting tools (text and pictures)

If you want to add more supporting tools to your manager, tools like Wrye bash, Tes5edit, Bodyslide path and similar, the procedure is very simple.
1. Click on your "Settings" Icon
The new box will pop up with new options. Go to "Supported tools" tab and you will see new options. Now, Since I have Wrye bash (WB) , I added it to my "Supported tools. I clicked on "..." beside the line and a new box popped up. All I had to do is to find the root directory of my WB and when found, click on OK. NMM adds WB to my supported tools. Now I can run WB directly from the manager. This is a great advantage since NMM can directly pass its master list and load order to WB where you can manually move mods up and down in your list. Change you make in either manager are visible and implied in both..
post-894077-0-37389400-1444045780_thumb.

2. To check if your new tool is added to NMM, click on your supported Tools Icon and you will expand it. You'll see that there are already two Icons in it: LOOT and FNIS that you can run directly from your manager. The integration with these two tools is great so you can use them without fear.

before adding WB:
post-894077-0-26731300-1444045271_thumb.

after adding WB:
post-894077-0-72718900-1449453959_thumb.png

If you haven't managed to add a new tool to NMM, don't worry, NMM will not let you leave the box until you properly add the tool's path. You'll see red blinking "!" at the right side of the desired tool path line and you will got a small warning box. So, NMM will not let you make a mistake. Once you add your line correctly, the box will close.

I can no longer interact with mods that have scripted installers after I've installed them. How do I redo the options?

NMM now has three mod states; active, inactive and uninstalled.
If a mod is active, it's installed and turned on in your profile so should show in your game.
If it's inactive the mod is installed, but it's not turned on in your current profile so should not show in your game. It may, however, be active in other profiles you have.
If it's uninstalled then the mod is not installed and it's not active in any of your profiles.
When you interact with a scripted installer for a mod it will install the mod with the options you set. If you want to reinstall that mod and go through the scripted installer again you need to uninstall it, not deactivate it. To do so, simply right-click it and select "uninstall". When you go to install the mod again you'll then be prompted with the scripted installer, as per normal.

I can't install downloaded mod because NMM sees it as "Read only"

In that case, browse to the place where you download your mod, right click on it and disable "Read only"

How to properly install and use NMM (basic important tips)

Download latest NMM manager from here: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/modmanager/?

Download latest NMM manager from here: http://www.nexusmods...ds/modmanager/?
1. Install the manager.
- at the end of NMMs installation, you'll be asked to run FNIS and will be warned about some problems if creating multiple profiles. Choose to "Run FNIS". FNIS box will pop up and run FNIS. If FNIS works, you're OK. If doesn't, reinstall FNIS using NMM.
- although this version is very fast, it is slow when installing/uninstalling big size mods (over 80 MB). It takes time and sometimes it shows "Not responding" on the top of framework. Do not cancel or stop installation/uninstallation process because you will need to repeat the operation. Be patient and wait. When finish, NMM will report about completing operation on the bottom of the manager.
- 0.61.+ versions supports creating multiple profiles. After the installation of the manager, you will see "New profile" tab under toolbar. I would suggest you to create at least one more profile beside the default one.  If something goes wrong, you can always go back to your original (default) profile. You can check this under:. You can check this under: How to play (create) multiple characters

2. Mod installation is much "smarter" now and autonomous. Searching files and integration with Master files is improved.
- If you are doing new installation of the manager, be very careful where will you place your VirtualInstall folder (see the topic 4)
- When starting, NMM 0.61+  will uninstall your mods first and then reinstall them. During that process you'll be asked to choose/confirm certain installation from some mods like, FOMODS, XP32 Maximum Skeleton, SOS and other mods you had installed and you did these steps before.

3. After mod installation you should run FNIS and LOOT from the manager. NMM co-works with LOOT, Wrye bash, Tes5edit and FNIS much better now.

4. On the first installation of NMM 0.63+, be careful to NOT TO install "Virtualinstall" in the "Nexus Mod Manager/Skyrim folder". When asked, chose ONLY main, Nexus Mod Manager folder.

post-894077-0-73905600-1450083732_thumb.png

- You should never move your VirtualInstall folder to another location manually, nowhere else because some mods requires that their .exe, .esp or .esm files be in game installation directory. (But, if you are persistant to do it, do it at your own risk)
- if you want to move your mod folder back where they were using NMM. Open NMM, to change the VirtualInstall go into the Tools menu, click on Change Virtual Install and then select the new path, NMM will automatically uninstall stuff from the old location and activate it in the new folder

5. Upgrading your manager:

- upgrading to the new version is 99% successful and works great. If something goes wrong during and after upgrading the manager, you can try to do it again and if it still not working, disable your mods, uninstall present version and install a new one. Before you do that, check How to completely uninstall/remove NMM  and Answers to various NMM problems first.
- If you upgraded NMM to 0.61.+ from previous versions, recheck your mods. Some of them will not be installed even after NMM's mods re installation. Not installed mods will be greyed in your manager. Here is one serious bug. Some of the mods will be showed in manager as reinstalled, but they aren't. So how can you know which ones aren't reinstalled. Thanks heavens for SKSE 1.7.3 and its .ini modification.
-- If you start the game and got info box "Some mods are missing", that means you don't have needed line in your SKSE.ini file and therefore you don't know which ones are missing since NMM showed all your mods as (re)installed.
Open SKSE.ini (SteamApps/Common/Skyrim/Data/SKSE. You can create the folder, if it does not already exist), and add line: "EnableDiagnostics=1" under [General]. So, next time you start the game, you'll see which mods are missing. Then go back to NMM, uninstall them (see topic ? and install them again. Yeap, this is the bad side of upgrading your NMM to present game.
- When running the LOOT after upgrading, you will have to clean again some mods using Tes5edit. It depends on what LOOT will report as mods with dirty files.

6. NMM supports Wrye bash. You can download it from here: http://www.nexusmods...rim/mods/1840/? or any other site that contains this program. Just google.
After the installation of NMM, FNIS and LOOT, Wrye bash is the third tool that NMM users need. What does it do?
- Basically what Wrye Bash is in a nutshell is a way for you to manage many, many mods in a very simple yet very powerful interface.
- When a package is installed, it will override files installed by lower order packages, but not files already installed by higher order packages.
Similarly when a package is uninstalled, an "annealing" process will automatically reinstall files from lower level packages that were previously obscured.
- It fixes mod conflicts
- Lifting of the 255 plugin limit through automatic merging of compatible mods
- editing your saves and lets you fix them manually
... and many other great features.
For more details about this program, check here: http://guides.tesfans.org/wrye%20bash/docs/Wrye%20Bash%20General%20Readme.html

7. If you have SKYUI 5.+, NMM might report error and presence of SKYUI 4.+ files during re installation process. (It happens on new game installation). The box will pop up with description of the "old files" and suggestion for their deletion. Go to the that location and delete all 4 files. When done, click on "Refresh". After that, NMM will proceed with further installation.

8. Uninstallation of the mods: right mouse click on desired mod, choose "Uninstall or Delete".  Correct uninstallation of the mod will be like this - uninstalled mod will turn into grey color and will not have red crossed circle on the front. I usually disable the mod first and then uninstall it. There are several more options... see the picture.

post-894077-0-07812600-1455545996_thumb.png

9. If you get: "Unable to get write permissions for: C:\Games\Nexus Mod Manager\Skyrim\Install Info" message, run NMM as administrator.

10. If you use LOOT via NMM, LOOT will arrange your load order directly from the Master list it receives from NMM. Do not use external LOOT since it will/might change your load order bit differently from NMM and you might experience game problems when loading it via NMM. Use either one, not both.

11. If you want to uninstall several mods in row, it is recommended to uninstall them one by one waiting for manager to finish the task first and then uninstall another mod because the manager sometimes hangs on processing multiple processes and freezes. It that happens, close the manager, reopen it and repeat the task.

12. After every installation/uninstallation of animation mods or/and skeleton, run FNIS to avoid CTDing, or t-posing.
Well, this is basic info and tips. I just wanted to share them with all NMM users and help them to not became frustrated (as I almost was) when installing NMM.

13. If your reinstalling NMM - always chose the same location for VirtualInstal folder as you had before. Do not change location yourself because you might have various mods problems.

NMM - downloads (Virus free rar and .exe installers. All files were checked for viruses by Kaspersky AV and Anti Malware & Spyware PRO):

- Latest versions 0.63.6, 0.63.7, 0.63.8, 0.63.9, 0.63.12, 0.63.13 - requirements and installation

- (0.62. & 0.63.+ hotfixes description)

Please read if you are upgrading from NMM version 0.56.1 or lower: this is a MAJOR update of the Nexus Mod Manager that will uninstall all your mods and then attempt to reinstall all your mods in the current order. Please read the site news for more information before proceeding.

Warning: This versions requires .Net Framework 4.6 (If you're not using Windows 10, you can download it HERE )

List of all fixes for 0.62. & 0.63.+: https://staticdelivery.nexusmods.com/NMM/releasenotes.html

NMM versions prior to 0.52.3 are no longer supported by the Nexus servers, and won't be able to authenticate/download.

How to completely uninstall/remove NMM

1. Open NMM and press "Tools" icon. Select "Uninstall all active mods"
2. Delete Games/Nexus mod manager (It is placed in your Skyrim installation directory)
3. Delete My documetns/Games/Skyrim folder
4. Use Revo uninstaller or CCleaner or any other Win tool to remove NMM traces from your computer and clean up registry

I'm getting "Cyclic redundancy check (CRC)" error

A cyclic redundancy check (CRC) is a data verification method your computer uses to check the data on your disks (hard disks like your hard drive and optical disks like CDs and DVDs). A cyclic redundancy check error can be caused by several different issues: registry corruption, a cluttered hard disk, an unsuccessful program installation, or misconfigured files. Regardless of the specific cause, the cyclic redundancy check error is a serious one and must be addressed to avoid potential data loss or even a total system failure system. Luckily, there are a few simple ways to address this problem using (free) disk utility software.

Solution:

Run some software for checking HDD like
- chkdsk /f

- or use some powerful HDD utility. It is highly recommended to use the one from your manufacturer if provided.

NMM 0.56.1 and older versions download  and video: how to revert to earlier NMM workable version)

here: Nexus Mod Manager-0.56.1.rar
Other older versions:
http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/896029-nexus-mod-manager-release-notes-and-download-links/
Note: installation might report broken installation file. If this happens:
1. delete all NMM files in My Document,
2. delete NMM folders in ...Games/Nexus Mod manager/Skyrim/Install info (Do not delete "Mods" folder from this directory)
3. delete Games/Nexus Mod manager/Skyrim/VirtualInstall folder
4. Clean your registry.
5. Restart your computer and try to install older version

If this doesn't help you install previous version, sorry, no help, you're stack with the one you don't like.

How to manually revert NMM to older version (before 0.63.+)

You can restore your mods in the previous NMM by doing the following:

• Uninstall currently installed NMM, remove all config files when asked
  • Install a pre-0.60.x build (in my case 0.56.1)
  • Launch 0.56.1 and go through all the setup
  • With NMM loaded to the mod list screen, click on Tools (wrench and screwdriver icon) and select Restore Backup
  • Find the file Backup_DONOTDELETE.zip located in the VirtualInstall folder and open it
  • Restoration of all your mods should commence

NMM and load order tweaking

NMM greatly co-wroks with LOOT. When LOOT sorts your installed mods and creates load order, NMM memorize it and saves it in its clipboard. According to your settings for update master files list (default is every third day but you can change it as you like) NMM updates your master list (yaml) and "Informs" LOOT about all changes that are made in meantime. Then LOOT adopts and change your load order according to received informations from NMM. Well, this is the sword with two blades. Let's assume you had a load order that worked fine, but you installed and de-installed some mods in the meantime. All worked fine untill LOOT change your master mods load order, and suddenly your game doesn't run as it use to. LOOT rearranged your mods according to the yaml informations from NMM and the game behaves "weird". So what can you do to return your game stability into previous state? Here is the answer.
1. When you installed all mods and you are satisfied with the stability of your game, open NMM and press "Plugins" tab.
2. On the left panel you'll see two blank pages with arrows pointing to the right. Click on the first one in the row (Export the current load order) and choose "Export to the clipboard". Now, you saved your present load order into NMM's clipboard.
3. When LOOT change your load order and your game doesn't run well, open NMM again and this time choose the second blank page icon (Import load order) and choose (Import load order from clipboard). Now, you restored your load order that ran well. All new installed mods and changes, LOOT will adopt to your load order until your master mods list change it again. Just repeat this operation again.

If you aren't satisfied with LOOT's work, you can manually change your load order by moving mod(s) up or down using big green arrows under "Plugins" After that run LOOT directly from NMM. If you like the way your game behaves, export your current load order to clipboard.

Mods downloading, but not activating on NMM 0.63.+

If you downloaded certain mod using NMM manager and it "refuse" to activate it, there can be several reasons for that:

1. manager downloaded mod but with errors

(suggestions):

- check for error reports in Mod activation Quene Monitor. If there are no errors report(s) do next step:

- delete downloaded mod, exit NMM, restart NMM and download mod again

- If the problem remain, download the mod manually

If NMM reported error in downloaded mod or during downloading process there can be several reasons:

- server error

(suggestions):  try to download later

- mod's error

- NMM manager error

2. Mod is probably not meant to be installed via NMM

(suggestions):

- install mod manually following mod's author insturctions

- after installation open NMM and activate mod in Plugins tab

- if NMM still doesn't acivate mod then it's a probably bug in NMM.

3. Mod was uploaded with errors

(suggestions):

- check often the author's info and read the users posts on his original site about bug reports and author's notes. Report error to the author of the mod.

4. Probable bug in NMM

(suggestions):

- report bug to NMM bug report on Nexus. http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/tracker/

To be able to report bug, you have to be a registered member on Nexus.

Before installing mod, always check downloaded mod with decent Anti virus program.

Single profile users tip (where to install armour, meshes, textures)

Question: Let's say I installed an armor mod with NMM. If i made a texture or mesh that I wanted to overwrite from that NMM install, should I put it in the main Skyrim directory? Or In the virtual install? Which filepath is prioritized when you're just dragging and dropping certain things in the main Skyrim install folder?
Answer: Skyrim will always run the files in the Data folder. The texture and mesh files in there are actually links going back to the Virtual Install folder. In essence, the mod files in the Data file that NMM installs are "fake" files linking to the original files in the Virtual Install folder. You should do so in the Virtual Install folder. If it is not installed through NMM, you can edit them in the Data folder as usual.

How to play (create) multiple characters.

Lets assume you want to create two different characters, one an Imperial and the second a Redguard.
1.In NMM press New profile. New box will pop up where you can name it as Imperial or whatever you want.
2.Start the game via NMM and create the Imperial character, save and exit.
3.In NMM click on "New profile" and save it as Redguard or whatever you like
4.Start the game via NMM and create the  Redguard. Save and exit.
5.Once you create those two profiles in order to play the one you want, you need to start NMM and choose the desired profile and then press "Launch Skyrim" unless you using mods needing SKSE to start the game. In that case, press "Launch SKSE"
This might work also in already created multiple characters, but no guaranties. It's recommended to use it on the new game. If you want try anyway, all you have to do is "Rename profile" in NMM then load your character's save via NMM (SKSE or Skyrim) then save and exit. Repeat for other character(s).

- I have three main profiles that I treat as "masters". I know exactly what I want and do not want to install on them. So, here is example: I have one profile with "basic" mods (armour, textures, weapons and similar and SexLab). I call it Basic.  On the second one, I have mods related to creatures (call it Creatures) and on the third one, I have mods with RCOTS (call it RCOTS). So, I made a copy of each of them and called them: Basic1, Creatures1 and RCOTS1. So whenever I install any new mod I install it on the copies, not on "masters". If anything goes wrong in any of them and I if I can't fix the problem, I just delete their copy. In that case, I don't have to do reinstallatin of all mods.

You can install certain mod in one profile and NMM install it in all profiles, but if you don't want that mod in other profiles, you just open wanted profile and choose "Uninstall from active profile". It's important to do it before you want to play the game without unwanted mod in your profile. Otherwise, when you uninstall that mod later from the profile where you didn't want to have it, and when you load that profile, the game will report "missing mod" and you'll have to do a clean save later.

How to install mods from URLs. (Note: it works only with URLs from Nexus site):

you can download the mod directly from the mod page. For instance if you want to do that you have to:

post-894077-0-06793500-1449453497_thumb.png

2. The new box will show up:

post-894077-0-06793500-1449453497_thumb.png

3. Open the page you want to install mod from and highlight the URL and right click on "Copy".

post-894077-0-25035400-1449453764_thumb.png

4. Paste the URL into the box:

post-894077-0-39558900-1449453817_thumb.png

5. It should looks like this: (press OK, and that's it)

post-894077-0-72718900-1449453959_thumb.png

WARNING - Although this type of mods installation works in most cases, sometimes it causing installation errors. But, have no worries, it will not damage your game, but the mod won't install properly. If installation fails, you can always install the mod with provided download link/option under "Files".

How to work with problematic large size mods that NMM can't install (sometimes)

Sometimes some large mods can cause installation troubles in sense that NMM reports errors or simply refuse to install them. If that happens, you can do following steps as Slorm (thank you) did with "Interesting NPCs 3.09 mod.

This was done using Interesting NPC's v3.09 (later versions give a lot of log spam)
IMPORTANT - Make sure you keep a copy of your 3DNPC mod in a safe place as a backup as it's a large download if you need to get it from nexus again
1/ Extract the Interesting NPC's.7z into a folder (also known as 3DNPC)
2/ Navigate down the folders until you find Sound
3/ Cut the whole Sound folder and paste somewhere else
4/ Now re-archive the remaining Data folder with 7z. (If you copy the name from the original mod it will keep the mod author details and link back to nexus as well)
5/ Create a folder called Data and move the Sounds folder into it
6/ Make a new 7z archive and call it something like Interesting NPCs Sound Files (so you know what it is). This will take a long time as it's around 2Gb
7/ Check both new archives to ensure the file structure is correct
8/ Now you have a choice. If you want to keep the mod connected to nexus then go to where nexus stores your mods (for me it's /games/nexus mod manager/skyrim/mods) delete the original 3DNPC mod and copy the new version over which you used the same name for.
9/ If you don't care about the link to nexus then just open NMM delete the old mod from the database and upload the two new ones
10/ Install the two new mods
11/ Get coffee, beer, porn mags/vids as the sound files takes around 40 minutes to install on a high end pc

How to fix missing mod files after migration to lastest NMM version:

There was an issue with the migration process that caused some mods to be unable to properly reinstall.
We fixed this issue in version 0.60.5.

If you already tried the migration process and it failed to properly reinstall everything, follow these instructions:

1. Download&Install version 0.63.+
2. Run it, go in the Tools menu and select "Restore the Backup Profile".
3. Switch to the newly created Backup profile.

This should fix all the missing mod files.

Also remember that you could be required to rerun some patchers after the migration (Skyproc, PerkusMaximus, Dual Sheat, TES5Edit, FNIS, etc etc..).

How to export your NMM load order:

http://i.imgur.com/VlCcxXO.png
Select where to save and done

How to add new category:

Just open NMM and rightclick on any Category. A new menu will show up. Add a new category and rename it as you wish. smile.png  See the picture:

5713384f29089_2016-04-1709_15_17-Program

NMM is not working, how to fix it:

go to Documents/My games/Skyrim and open skyrimprefs.ini and in the [Launcher] line add this:
bEnableFileSelection=1
bShowAllResolutions=1
uLastAspectRatio=3
bLoadLooseFiles=1

My NMM is crashing to Desktop (important tips for all NMM new users):

Most common cause of NMM problems is an overzealous firewall or antivirus. Trend Micro is notorious for not playing nice with NMM. There is an entire topic on that in the forums.

Javascript must be enabled and not blocked  for NMM to work.

be sure you are logged into windows as a administrator.

be sure you have NMM running with admin privileges ( NOT the same thing as being logged in as an admin)  
http://s1.zetaboards...opic/4912979/1/

Be sure that Windows UAC isn't blocking you ( it won't bother to tell you if it is)

Make sure your firewall is not blocking you

Make sure your antivirus is not blocking you

Have you tried using a different browser?
Try with a portable browser and NO add ons. Here is a link to find portable browsers.
http://portableapps.... both of these.

Are you using any download accelerator or download manager? Some will cause NMM to not download properly.
Be sure to disable them for testing.

Are you running any browser add ons that block anything - ads, scripts, cookies - anything.

I can't download mods via NMM (for FireFox users):

Go to options > Applications > scroll down to where it says "nxm" and then click on it and select "use nexus mod manager". If nexus mod manager isn't already listed, click "use other", then browse to where nexus mod manager.exe is, and select it.
(If you are using Mod Organizer, the instructions are the same but you would set it to use nxmhandler.exe).

Answers to various NMM problems:
http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/721054-problems-read-here-first-nexus-mod-manager-frequent-issues/

What zip files NMM reads and support?

NMM can read and install following types of files: 7zip, Zip, Rar, Gzip, BZip2, Tar, jar and X2.

- If you have mod that is not compatible with NMM you can do following:

1. Download and install one of NMM compatible extractors like 7Zip or Rar
2. Right click on the mod and choose "Add to 7Zip" or if you have Rar, choose "Add to XXX.Rar"
3. Start NNM, choose destination of your zipped mod and install the mod.

How to fix "unfixable" mess that NMM 0.63.+ caused

First of all, NMM doesn't kill your game. It makes a lot of mess but all is fixable. I'm not saying that "Killing your game" can't happened, but if that happens, it must be that something seriously went wrong. Honestly, other mod managers can "kill your game" too, only if your manager got "broken" or you don't know what you're doing.
1. Before you do any changes to your mods (upgrades, uninstall, install new mods...) make back up of your present game.
- you can do it by clicking on the "Imported2" tab in your tool bar and press "save current profile". Then, simply follow the wizard. If something goes wrong and you don't know how to fix it, click on the "Tools icon" in your tool bar and choose "Restore the backup profile"
2. If the tip from the first topic doesn't help you, click on the "Tools icon" again and click on "Uninstall all active mods". When operation is finished, close NMM.
- Start NMM again and click "Reset UI" in "Tools icon".
- After that, click on "Install all mods" and let NMM insall them.
- Run FNIS
- Run LOOT
.... and that's it

How to report NMM bug to Nexus?

1. You must be registered user on Nexus to report bug.
2. After registration on Nexus, start NMM, click on the question mark in big blue balloon in the upper right corner and do as showed on the picture:
http://www.loverslab.com/uploads/monthly_09_2015/post-894077-0-36415200-1442718436.png

Fundamental fixes and tweaks for smooth Skyrim running

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Credits and biiiiiiiig "thank you" for help and support, bug reports and tutorials:

- Calliban44 (+ correcting my typing errors and English grammar)

- Slorm

- CPU

- ritualclarity

- prinyo

Can you change the virtual install folder after it is already installed? Or do I have to remove NMM and start again with a clean install?

Yes, you can. I tried twice. Once it worked, second time, it didn't. So I would rather uninstall NMM and reinstall it again.

If you change Virtual install folder, you might have (and may not) a problem with FNIS since NMM recorded the path in its log folder.

Thank you! These are the EXACT things that ARE NOT included in the information on this version of NMM! All Im gonna say, besides THANK YOU!!!!

BTW Your Elf is hot! ;)

Thank you, very much. :blush:

Another little tip for newbs and dumb asses like me - combine all the FNIS files into ONE archive (zip, rar, 7zip) BEFORE installing it with the new profiles version. First attempt I just enabled the FNIS 5.5 main file, then the Fix1, then the Creatures file followed lastly by the magic file. NMM placed them in separate folders and of course FNIS told me Creatures wasn't installed. I think this was part of the reason I just gave up with MO - like I said I am too old and stupid to learn new stuff and the MO instructions make no sense to me at all - and I have tried 3 times.

Combining all 4 FNIS files into a single 7zip and then dropping that into the NMM mods folder and installing/activating that fixed the bloody thing. AND not a single word on Nexus about installing FNIS in the new NMM at all. 

Another little tip for newbs and dumb asses like me - combine all the FNIS files into ONE archive (zip, rar, 7zip) BEFORE installing it with the new profiles version. First attempt I just enabled the FNIS 5.5 main file, then the Fix1, then the Creatures file followed lastly by the magic file. NMM placed them in separate folders and of course FNIS told me Creatures wasn't installed. I think this was part of the reason I just gave up with MO - like I said I am too old and stupid to learn new stuff and the MO instructions make no sense to me at all - and I have tried 3 times.

Combining all 4 FNIS files into a single 7zip and then dropping that into the NMM mods folder and installing/activating that fixed the bloody thing. AND not a single word on Nexus about installing FNIS in the new NMM at all. 

Thanks for the tip. I haven't mention your tip since I didn't have a problem with FNIS installation. If you are NMM user, you don't need FNIS fix 5.5 since it is made for MO users. I installed only those 3 FNIS files and installation went well. But, thank you for mentioning. :)

I may not have "fixed" it properly. My "girl" seems to be working fine, but I get the following error message in FNIS :

Is it safe to ignore? or will I have issues with other animation packages? I'm probably just an idiot.

>>Warning: Bad installation. Generator not run from a Skyrim installation directory.<<
FNIS Behavior V5.5 fix1   18/09/2015 9:58:17 PM
Skyrim: ??.?? - D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\ (Steam)
Generator: D:\Nexus Mod Manager\Skyrim\VirtualInstall\FNIS Behavior 5.5 Combined Fix1 Creatures Spells Pack\tools\GenerateFNIS_for_Users\GenerateFNISforUsers.exe
>>Warning: Bad installation. Generator not run from <Skyrim_Data>\Tools\GenerateFNIS_for_Users.<<

I may not have "fixed" it properly. My "girl" seems to be working fine, but I get the following error message in FNIS :

Is it safe to ignore? or will I have issues with other animation packages? I'm probably just an idiot.

>>Warning: Bad installation. Generator not run from a Skyrim installation directory.<<
FNIS Behavior V5.5 fix1   18/09/2015 9:58:17 PM
Skyrim: ??.?? - D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\ (Steam)
Generator: D:\Nexus Mod Manager\Skyrim\VirtualInstall\FNIS Behavior 5.5 Combined Fix1 Creatures Spells Pack\tools\GenerateFNIS_for_Users\GenerateFNISforUsers.exe
>>Warning: Bad installation. Generator not run from <Skyrim_Data>\Tools\GenerateFNIS_for_Users.<<

No, please, don't call yourself idiot. You're not.

I would suggest you to do following.

1. Uninstall all FNIS files using NMM.

2. Delete FNIS icon and FNIS files in ...Games/Skyrim/Data/tools.

3. Start NMM and install "Fores New Idles in Skyrim - FNIS - FNIS Behavior V5_5 -- ALWAYS necessary"

4. Close NMM  and open FNIS in Game/Skyrim/Data/Tools/GenerateFNIS_for_Users/GenerateFnisForUsers

5. When started FNIS press "Update FNIS behaviour"

6. When finished, close the program and click "OK" when asked to save to Desktop

7. Start NMM and install "Fores New Idles in Skyrim - FNIS - FNIS Creature Pack 5_3" (it shouldn't ask you to overwrite, but if it does, click "NO")

8. Start FNIS and press "Update FNIS behaviour"

9. When finished, start NMM and install "Fores New Idles in Skyrim - FNIS - FNIS Spells V5_0_1 -- ADD-ON for the spells"

10. Again, it shouldn't ask you to overvrite, but if it does, say "NO"

11. Run FNIS and "Update FNIS behaviour"

And that's it. I was doing this numerous times and never had a problem with "FNIS Creatures". Version 5.5 eliminated Creature errors and NMM doesn't need fix. As a matter of fact, I installed fix 2 times and both times had "Creature FNIS errors". So, you don't need it.

Here is the problem in your installation: "D:\Nexus Mod Manager\Skyrim\VirtualInstall\FNIS Behavior 5.5" - YOU INSTALLED VIiRTUALLINSTALL FNIS into Nexus Mod Manager Skyrim directory. That's why you have error. Reinstall NMM and this time place VirtuallInstall Fnis into only Nexus mod manager, not Skyrim.

4. On the first installation of NMM, be careful to NOT TO install "Virtual Nexus mods install" in the "Nexus Mod Manager/Skyrim folder". When asked, chose ONLY main, Nexus Mod Manager folder. Otherwise, FNIS will have a problem finding mods path and it will stop working reporting "original mod path destination" error.

That's why you need to reinstall NMM. During the installation, Wizard will ask you where to place Virutall folder. You have to open "Browse" and chose location. The final result will be:

post-894077-0-79480400-1442581832_thumb.jpg

7. If you have SKYUI 5.+, NMM will report error and presence of SKYUI 4.+ during re installation of your mods. It will suggest you to uninstall 4.+ version first. Ignore it. Proceed with installation and SKYUI will work fine.

SKYUI did not work fine for me. All the crafting windows were black text so I could not read anything. I asked on the Nexus forum but so far nothing. After it told me about the 4.+ version I went back and erased the errant .swf files and reinstalled SkyUI and it went fine but the problem didn't go away.

(I updated all my mods last night and it was a nightmare with the new NMM)

7. If you have SKYUI 5.+, NMM will report error and presence of SKYUI 4.+ during re installation of your mods. It will suggest you to uninstall 4.+ version first. Ignore it. Proceed with installation and SKYUI will work fine.

SKYUI did not work fine for me. All the crafting windows were black text so I could not read anything. I asked on the Nexus forum but so far nothing. After it told me about the 4.+ version I went back and erased the errant .swf files and reinstalled SkyUI and it went fine but the problem didn't go away.

I don't know what happened to your game but it's not NMM's fault. It worked for me. Many other users on this forum also reported SKYUI problems and they don't use NMM.

Yea, that's what I said in my text and conclusion: using this version on present game is "painful" and if user do not have a need to upgrade it, better not to. ;) I fought with NMM mod's installation too, but successfully managed to make it all work. :)

Version 0.60.4 came out yesterday and here are hot fixes for Skyrim players:

Hotfix 0.60.4:

• Fixed issue causing the migration process to be unable to reinstall some mods.
  • Fixed issue preventing the ReadMe Manager from properly catching readme files.
  • Fixed issue with the Backup file management.

Maybe this versin might help you. :9

late.... If only I hade seen before this topci....  :-/

Now, when I start Skyrim, I have CTD....

Log:

[09/19/2015 - 04:45:47PM] Papyrus log opened (PC)
[09/19/2015 - 04:45:47PM] Function GetEffectMagnitudes in the empty state on type Ingredient does not exist. Function will not be flagged as callable from tasklets.
[09/19/2015 - 04:45:47PM] Update budget: 1.200000ms (Extra tasklet budget: 1.200000ms, Load screen budget: 500.000000ms)
[09/19/2015 - 04:45:47PM] Memory page: 128 (min) 512 (max) 76800 (max total)

What I have to do? How can I return to old NMM?

late.... If only I hade seen before this topci....  :-/

Now, when I start Skyrim, I have CTD....

Log:

[09/19/2015 - 04:45:47PM] Papyrus log opened (PC)
[09/19/2015 - 04:45:47PM] Function GetEffectMagnitudes in the empty state on type Ingredient does not exist. Function will not be flagged as callable from tasklets.
[09/19/2015 - 04:45:47PM] Update budget: 1.200000ms (Extra tasklet budget: 1.200000ms, Load screen budget: 500.000000ms)
[09/19/2015 - 04:45:47PM] Memory page: 128 (min) 512 (max) 76800 (max total)

What I have to do? How can I return to old NMM?

You can find old versions of NMM here:

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/896029-nexus-mod-manager-release-notes-and-download-links/

Important info:

Latest Build: 0.60.5

NMM versions prior to 0.52.0 are no longer supported by the Nexus servers, and won't be able to authenticate/download.

Version 0.50.0 and newer require the installation of the .Net Framework 4.5

.Net Framework 4.5: .Net Framework 4.5 Redist

Latest Build - 0.60.5

Installer: Nexus Mod Manager-0.60.5.exe

Hotfix 0.60.5:

• Fixed issue causing some plugins to randomly show as corrupt.
  • Fixed issue causing .jar and .exe files from properly working (FNIS, BodySlide2, DualSheat’s .jar, etc.).
  • Fixed issue causing the “Uninstall from all profiles” command to crash under some specific circumstances.

I re-installed version 0.56.1 ... still CTD ...  :-/  :(

Log:

[09/19/2015 - 05:24:22PM] Papyrus log opened (PC)
[09/19/2015 - 05:24:22PM] Function GetEffectMagnitudes in the empty state on type Ingredient does not exist. Function will not be flagged as callable from tasklets.
[09/19/2015 - 05:24:22PM] Update budget: 1.200000ms (Extra tasklet budget: 1.200000ms, Load screen budget: 500.000000ms)
[09/19/2015 - 05:24:22PM] Memory page: 128 (min) 512 (max) 76800 (max total)

Log:

[09/19/2015 - 05:24:22PM] Function GetEffectMagnitudes in the empty state on type Ingredient does not exist. Function will not be flagged as callable from tasklets.
[09/19/2015 - 05:24:22PM] Update budget: 1.200000ms (Extra tasklet budget: 1.200000ms, Load screen budget: 500.000000ms)

Well I'm not expert but try this:

1. Disable all mods in NMM pressing on "Tools" icon

2. Load your game and ignore "missing files... " error

3. Save your game on the new slot.

4. Start save cleaner tool and clean your save

5. Open NMM and enable your mods

6. If CTD happens again, start a new thread and post your Log file asking for help

Log:

Well I'm not expert but try this:

1. Disable all mods in NMM pressing on "Tools" icon

2. Load your game and ignore "missing files... " error

3. Save your game on the new slot.

4. Start save cleaner tool and clean your save

5. Open NMM and enable your mods

6. If CTD happens again, start a new thread and post your Log file asking for help

on new version (0.61.5) or old (0.56.1)?