[CK2] Static Portrait Replacer ver. 4.00 [CKII 2.7.1+ Compatible]

Dumb-ish question: is the system of portraits you use in the AGOT version of the mod (on steam) different from the one used in Dark World? I hoped to make the Dark Work module work with AGOT by installing your steam mod and then overriding the portrait graphics with the ones in the DW module, but this hasn't seemed to have worked.

Dumb-ish question: is the system of portraits you use in the AGOT version of the mod (on steam) different from the one used in Dark World? I hoped to make the Dark Work module work with AGOT by installing your steam mod and then overriding the portrait graphics with the ones in the DW module, but this hasn't seemed to have worked.

My version is the most updated version so assuming Dewguru has been keeping up with the updates on his end, then yes, but with a few exceptions:

In AGoT, I use different culture gfx files in the interface folder then the default vanilla CKII to read in the custom cultures so my portraits get layered properly. In AGOT, I also use a history file so characters on start-up can auto avquire their portraits. Lastly, I use named traits (not portrait1, 2, etc.). Otherwise, the system is the same.

This is a really good mod, just one question.

I've tried adding the anime supplements in as remedy_portrait_replacer7 through 11, and the kitsune mod one for 6. However they do not seem to work.

What have I forgotten to change?

More specifically the problem is simply that running the command "add_trait portraitXXX" doesn't work It says it adds the trait portrait in the CC, but doesn't actually add the portrait. It works for all portraits I had previously, such as the ones that came with the DW mod. I even plugged in the portraits 131+ into the portrait_properties file.

Edit: There appears to be some odd .xcf files in the characters folder. Removing them had no effect, and any portrait past 130 does not show up when I attempt to add them. I also feel that it's important to mention that I am using the anime portrait mod as well as this, if that would mess things up, although I'm not sure why considering everything except the ones that I've added work. The traits file in the DW folder is updated, the portrait properties interface file has been filled out with all the portraits past 130 as well. I'm really at a loss as to what I might have missed here.

Send me your mod files. The likely culprit is your working with outdated files or combining updated files with outdated ones. The update prior to this one had a 130 portrait cap, so its a funny coincidence your files only work up to 130, telling me theres a loose file from an older version.

The .xcf I believe are from Dewguru working on Dark World -- they're just art template files, so yeah, they don't do anything.

This is a really good mod, just one question.

I've tried adding the anime supplements in as remedy_portrait_replacer7 through 11, and the kitsune mod one for 6. However they do not seem to work.

What have I forgotten to change?

More specifically the problem is simply that running the command "add_trait portraitXXX" doesn't work It says it adds the trait portrait in the CC, but doesn't actually add the portrait. It works for all portraits I had previously, such as the ones that came with the DW mod. I even plugged in the portraits 131+ into the portrait_properties file.

Edit: There appears to be some odd .xcf files in the characters folder. Removing them had no effect, and any portrait past 130 does not show up when I attempt to add them. I also feel that it's important to mention that I am using the anime portrait mod as well as this, if that would mess things up, although I'm not sure why considering everything except the ones that I've added work. The traits file in the DW folder is updated, the portrait properties interface file has been filled out with all the portraits past 130 as well. I'm really at a loss as to what I might have missed here.

Send me your mod files. The likely culprit is your working with outdated files or combining updated files with outdated ones. The update prior to this one had a 130 portrait cap, so its a funny coincidence your files only work up to 130, telling me theres a loose file from an older version.

The .xcf I believe are from Dewguru working on Dark World -- they're just art template files, so yeah, they don't do anything.

Thanks for your reply

I figured the issue might have something to do with the actual image files, but then again I've never been good at dealing with graphics stuff.

Zipped folder is attached.

edit: One thing I might have forgotten to mention is that the version I was using was meant to work with the Seiji Anime Portrait mod, and does work very well for it. Just not for portrait131 onward.

edit2: After playing around with the interface files I've located them as being the problem. However it seems that I'm unable to get both the portrait replaces to work past 130, and have the seiji mod work as well. I would rather use the Seiji mod than have portraits unfortunately, but surely there is a way you can figure out to allow both of them to work is there not? I know I might be asking a bit much, but I am willing to do all the work if you're willing to tell me how to do it.

edit3: found out that the .gfx files were text files that I could edit. So I tried editing each one to hopefully patch in the other portraits, but nothing worked. I'm about freaking done with it. Entering number after number for an hour an a half really puts a guy in a sour mood. Hopefully you have an idea as to how to get this working again for me... Let me know if you want the updated version. I'm going to take a nap.

Dark World ReMeDy Custom Portraits.7z

Thanks for your reply

I figured the issue might have something to do with the actual image files, but then again I've never been good at dealing with graphics stuff.

edit: One thing I might have forgotten to mention is that the version I was using was meant to work with the Seiji Anime Portrait mod, and does work very well for it. Just not for portrait131 onward.

edit2: After playing around with the interface files I've located them as being the problem. However it seems that I'm unable to get both the portrait replaces to work past 130, and have the seiji mod work as well. I would rather use the Seiji mod than have portraits unfortunately, but surely there is a way you can figure out to allow both of them to work is there not? I know I might be asking a bit much, but I am willing to do all the work if you're willing to tell me how to do it.

edit3: found out that the .gfx files were text files that I could edit. So I tried editing each one to hopefully patch in the other portraits, but nothing worked. I'm about freaking done with it. Entering number after number for an hour an a half really puts a guy in a sour mood. Hopefully you have an idea as to how to get this working again for me... Let me know if you want the updated version. I'm going to take a nap.

Okay, it looks like all of those culture gfx files you included are from my last version. Your included culture gfx files only work up to "GFX_character_remedy_portrait_swapping5:p11" hence you're only seeing up to portrait 130. What's funny is you have my horses gfx file, which does work up to "GFX_character_remedy_portrait_swapping20:p33", which tells at one point you may have grabbed my updated files but overwrote the others with outdated copies, but since the horse gfx was never included in my older versions, that's why I'm seeing it as being the only updated file.

Your portrait sprites file and remedy_portrait_traits file are also outdated. I know dewguru has updated his mod to match my version, so somehow you're stuck with partial files from one of his earlier versions. At least your portrait_properties.txt file is accurate.

Try the attached file. I didn't test it because I don't know what versions of your other mods you're running, but on my end, at least now you know you're working with my most updated files.

Dark World ReMeDy Custom Portraits(Updated).7z

Thanks for your reply

Okay, it looks like all of those culture gfx files you included are from my last version. Your included culture gfx files only work up to "GFX_character_remedy_portrait_swapping5:p11" hence you're only seeing up to portrait 130. What's funny is you have my horses gfx file, which does work up to "GFX_character_remedy_portrait_swapping20:p33", which tells at one point you may have grabbed my updated files but overwrote the others with outdated copies, but since the horse gfx was never included in my older versions, that's why I'm seeing it as being the only updated file.

Your portrait sprites file and remedy_portrait_traits file are also outdated. I know dewguru has updated his mod to match my version, so somehow you're stuck with partial files from one of his earlier versions. At least your portrait_properties.txt file is accurate.

Try the attached file. I didn't test it because I don't know what versions of your other mods you're running, but on my end, at least now you know you're working with my most updated files.

This one works, however it doesn't work with the Seiji Anime portraits mod. If I knew what changes were in mine that allowed it to work I could change it, however I have no clue what changes were made.

Here is the mod I initially was using to get the two to work together (I hate the base portraits in the game) http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/2757-ck2-werewolf-and-anime-portraits-for-dw/

Thanks for your reply

This one works, however it doesn't work with the Seiji Anime portraits mod. If I knew what changes were in mine that allowed it to work I could change it, however I have no clue what changes were made.

Here is the mod I initially was using to get the two to work together (I hate the base portraits in the game) http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/2757-ck2-werewolf-and-anime-portraits-for-dw/

The changes I made were:

1.) In all the culture gfx files, I revised each age and gender section to read:

"GFX_player_overlay:p11"
   "GFX_character_remedy_portrait_swapping:p14"
   "GFX_character_remedy_portrait_swapping2:p15"
   "GFX_character_remedy_portrait_swapping3:p16"
   "GFX_character_remedy_portrait_swapping4:p17"
   "GFX_character_remedy_portrait_swapping5:p18"
   "GFX_character_remedy_portrait_swapping6:p19"
   "GFX_character_remedy_portrait_swapping7:p20"
   "GFX_character_remedy_portrait_swapping8:p21"
   "GFX_character_remedy_portrait_swapping9:p22"
   "GFX_character_remedy_portrait_swapping10:p23"
   "GFX_character_remedy_portrait_swapping11:p24"
   "GFX_character_remedy_portrait_swapping12:p25"
   "GFX_character_remedy_portrait_swapping13:p26"
   "GFX_character_remedy_portrait_swapping14:p27"
   "GFX_character_remedy_portrait_swapping15:p28"
   "GFX_character_remedy_portrait_swapping16:p29"
   "GFX_character_remedy_portrait_swapping17:p30"
   "GFX_character_remedy_portrait_swapping18:p31"
   "GFX_character_remedy_portrait_swapping19:p32"
   "GFX_character_remedy_portrait_swapping20:p33"
   "GFX_character_imprisoned:p6"

2.) Updated portrait_sprites.gfx above ### WESTERN MALE ### with:

### REMEDY PORTRAIT SWAPPING ###
spriteType = {
  name = "GFX_character_remedy_portrait_swapping"
  texturefile = "gfx\\characters\\remedy_portrait_swapping.dds"
  noOfFrames = 27
  norefcount = yes
  can_be_lowres = yes
}
spriteType = {
  name = "GFX_character_remedy_portrait_swapping2"
  texturefile = "gfx\\characters\\remedy_portrait_swapping2.dds"
  noOfFrames = 27
  norefcount = yes
  can_be_lowres = yes
}
spriteType = {
  name = "GFX_character_remedy_portrait_swapping3"
  texturefile = "gfx\\characters\\remedy_portrait_swapping3.dds"
  noOfFrames = 27
  norefcount = yes
  can_be_lowres = yes
}
spriteType = {
  name = "GFX_character_remedy_portrait_swapping4"
  texturefile = "gfx\\characters\\remedy_portrait_swapping4.dds"
  noOfFrames = 27
  norefcount = yes
  can_be_lowres = yes
}
spriteType = {
  name = "GFX_character_remedy_portrait_swapping5"
  texturefile = "gfx\\characters\\remedy_portrait_swapping5.dds"
  noOfFrames = 27
  norefcount = yes
  can_be_lowres = yes
}
spriteType = {
  name = "GFX_character_remedy_portrait_swapping6"
  texturefile = "gfx\\characters\\remedy_portrait_swapping6.dds"
  noOfFrames = 27
  norefcount = yes
  can_be_lowres = yes
}
spriteType = {
  name = "GFX_character_remedy_portrait_swapping7"
  texturefile = "gfx\\characters\\remedy_portrait_swapping7.dds"
  noOfFrames = 27
  norefcount = yes
  can_be_lowres = yes
}
spriteType = {
  name = "GFX_character_remedy_portrait_swapping8"
  texturefile = "gfx\\characters\\remedy_portrait_swapping8.dds"
  noOfFrames = 27
  norefcount = yes
  can_be_lowres = yes
}
spriteType = {
  name = "GFX_character_remedy_portrait_swapping9"
  texturefile = "gfx\\characters\\remedy_portrait_swapping9.dds"
  noOfFrames = 27
  norefcount = yes
  can_be_lowres = yes
}
spriteType = {
  name = "GFX_character_remedy_portrait_swapping10"
  texturefile = "gfx\\characters\\remedy_portrait_swapping10.dds"
  noOfFrames = 27
  norefcount = yes
  can_be_lowres = yes
}
spriteType = {
  name = "GFX_character_remedy_portrait_swapping11"
  texturefile = "gfx\\characters\\remedy_portrait_swapping11.dds"
  noOfFrames = 27
  norefcount = yes
  can_be_lowres = yes
}
spriteType = {
  name = "GFX_character_remedy_portrait_swapping12"
  texturefile = "gfx\\characters\\remedy_portrait_swapping12.dds"
  noOfFrames = 27
  norefcount = yes
  can_be_lowres = yes
}
spriteType = {
  name = "GFX_character_remedy_portrait_swapping13"
  texturefile = "gfx\\characters\\remedy_portrait_swapping13.dds"
  noOfFrames = 27
  norefcount = yes
  can_be_lowres = yes
}
spriteType = {
  name = "GFX_character_remedy_portrait_swapping14"
  texturefile = "gfx\\characters\\remedy_portrait_swapping14.dds"
  noOfFrames = 27
  norefcount = yes
  can_be_lowres = yes
}
spriteType = {
  name = "GFX_character_remedy_portrait_swapping15"
  texturefile = "gfx\\characters\\remedy_portrait_swapping15.dds"
  noOfFrames = 27
  norefcount = yes
  can_be_lowres = yes
}
spriteType = {
  name = "GFX_character_remedy_portrait_swapping16"
  texturefile = "gfx\\characters\\remedy_portrait_swapping16.dds"
  noOfFrames = 27
  norefcount = yes
  can_be_lowres = yes
}
spriteType = {
  name = "GFX_character_remedy_portrait_swapping17"
  texturefile = "gfx\\characters\\remedy_portrait_swapping17.dds"
  noOfFrames = 27
  norefcount = yes
  can_be_lowres = yes
}
spriteType = {
  name = "GFX_character_remedy_portrait_swapping18"
  texturefile = "gfx\\characters\\remedy_portrait_swapping18.dds"
  noOfFrames = 27
  norefcount = yes
  can_be_lowres = yes
}
spriteType = {
  name = "GFX_character_remedy_portrait_swapping19"
  texturefile = "gfx\\characters\\remedy_portrait_swapping19.dds"
  noOfFrames = 27
  norefcount = yes
  can_be_lowres = yes
}
spriteType = {
  name = "GFX_character_remedy_portrait_swapping20"
  texturefile = "gfx\\characters\\remedy_portrait_swapping20.dds"
  noOfFrames = 27
  norefcount = yes
  can_be_lowres = yes
}

The problem with that mod link you just shared was it was released back in March 2016, so it's using my old portrait version dating back to when I had to limit myself to 130 portraits. There's actually some substantial changes from that version to my current one.

I was asked about a month ago to release a compatibility patch for the Seiji anime mod, which I've done so already. It's still updated. Problem is I didn't create it with Dark World in mind. Maybe you'd be better off working with those files and building it to work with Dark World instead, assuming you even want to use Dark World.

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/52211-ck2-static-portrait-replacer-ver-301-ckii-261-262-compatible-now-supports-unlimited-portraits/?p=1695641

Thanks for your reply

The changes I made were:

1.) In all the culture gfx files, I revised each age and gender section to read:

"GFX_player_overlay:p11"
   "GFX_character_remedy_portrait_swapping:p14"
   "GFX_character_remedy_portrait_swapping2:p15"
   "GFX_character_remedy_portrait_swapping3:p16"
   "GFX_character_remedy_portrait_swapping4:p17"
   "GFX_character_remedy_portrait_swapping5:p18"
   "GFX_character_remedy_portrait_swapping6:p19"
   "GFX_character_remedy_portrait_swapping7:p20"
   "GFX_character_remedy_portrait_swapping8:p21"
   "GFX_character_remedy_portrait_swapping9:p22"
   "GFX_character_remedy_portrait_swapping10:p23"
   "GFX_character_remedy_portrait_swapping11:p24"
   "GFX_character_remedy_portrait_swapping12:p25"
   "GFX_character_remedy_portrait_swapping13:p26"
   "GFX_character_remedy_portrait_swapping14:p27"
   "GFX_character_remedy_portrait_swapping15:p28"
   "GFX_character_remedy_portrait_swapping16:p29"
   "GFX_character_remedy_portrait_swapping17:p30"
   "GFX_character_remedy_portrait_swapping18:p31"
   "GFX_character_remedy_portrait_swapping19:p32"
   "GFX_character_remedy_portrait_swapping20:p33"
   "GFX_character_imprisoned:p6"

2.) Updated portrait_sprites.gfx above ### WESTERN MALE ### with:

### REMEDY PORTRAIT SWAPPING ###
spriteType = {
  name = "GFX_character_remedy_portrait_swapping"
  texturefile = "gfx\\characters\\remedy_portrait_swapping.dds"
  noOfFrames = 27
  norefcount = yes
  can_be_lowres = yes
}
spriteType = {
  name = "GFX_character_remedy_portrait_swapping2"
  texturefile = "gfx\\characters\\remedy_portrait_swapping2.dds"
  noOfFrames = 27
  norefcount = yes
  can_be_lowres = yes
}
spriteType = {
  name = "GFX_character_remedy_portrait_swapping3"
  texturefile = "gfx\\characters\\remedy_portrait_swapping3.dds"
  noOfFrames = 27
  norefcount = yes
  can_be_lowres = yes
}
spriteType = {
  name = "GFX_character_remedy_portrait_swapping4"
  texturefile = "gfx\\characters\\remedy_portrait_swapping4.dds"
  noOfFrames = 27
  norefcount = yes
  can_be_lowres = yes
}
spriteType = {
  name = "GFX_character_remedy_portrait_swapping5"
  texturefile = "gfx\\characters\\remedy_portrait_swapping5.dds"
  noOfFrames = 27
  norefcount = yes
  can_be_lowres = yes
}
spriteType = {
  name = "GFX_character_remedy_portrait_swapping6"
  texturefile = "gfx\\characters\\remedy_portrait_swapping6.dds"
  noOfFrames = 27
  norefcount = yes
  can_be_lowres = yes
}
spriteType = {
  name = "GFX_character_remedy_portrait_swapping7"
  texturefile = "gfx\\characters\\remedy_portrait_swapping7.dds"
  noOfFrames = 27
  norefcount = yes
  can_be_lowres = yes
}
spriteType = {
  name = "GFX_character_remedy_portrait_swapping8"
  texturefile = "gfx\\characters\\remedy_portrait_swapping8.dds"
  noOfFrames = 27
  norefcount = yes
  can_be_lowres = yes
}
spriteType = {
  name = "GFX_character_remedy_portrait_swapping9"
  texturefile = "gfx\\characters\\remedy_portrait_swapping9.dds"
  noOfFrames = 27
  norefcount = yes
  can_be_lowres = yes
}
spriteType = {
  name = "GFX_character_remedy_portrait_swapping10"
  texturefile = "gfx\\characters\\remedy_portrait_swapping10.dds"
  noOfFrames = 27
  norefcount = yes
  can_be_lowres = yes
}
spriteType = {
  name = "GFX_character_remedy_portrait_swapping11"
  texturefile = "gfx\\characters\\remedy_portrait_swapping11.dds"
  noOfFrames = 27
  norefcount = yes
  can_be_lowres = yes
}
spriteType = {
  name = "GFX_character_remedy_portrait_swapping12"
  texturefile = "gfx\\characters\\remedy_portrait_swapping12.dds"
  noOfFrames = 27
  norefcount = yes
  can_be_lowres = yes
}
spriteType = {
  name = "GFX_character_remedy_portrait_swapping13"
  texturefile = "gfx\\characters\\remedy_portrait_swapping13.dds"
  noOfFrames = 27
  norefcount = yes
  can_be_lowres = yes
}
spriteType = {
  name = "GFX_character_remedy_portrait_swapping14"
  texturefile = "gfx\\characters\\remedy_portrait_swapping14.dds"
  noOfFrames = 27
  norefcount = yes
  can_be_lowres = yes
}
spriteType = {
  name = "GFX_character_remedy_portrait_swapping15"
  texturefile = "gfx\\characters\\remedy_portrait_swapping15.dds"
  noOfFrames = 27
  norefcount = yes
  can_be_lowres = yes
}
spriteType = {
  name = "GFX_character_remedy_portrait_swapping16"
  texturefile = "gfx\\characters\\remedy_portrait_swapping16.dds"
  noOfFrames = 27
  norefcount = yes
  can_be_lowres = yes
}
spriteType = {
  name = "GFX_character_remedy_portrait_swapping17"
  texturefile = "gfx\\characters\\remedy_portrait_swapping17.dds"
  noOfFrames = 27
  norefcount = yes
  can_be_lowres = yes
}
spriteType = {
  name = "GFX_character_remedy_portrait_swapping18"
  texturefile = "gfx\\characters\\remedy_portrait_swapping18.dds"
  noOfFrames = 27
  norefcount = yes
  can_be_lowres = yes
}
spriteType = {
  name = "GFX_character_remedy_portrait_swapping19"
  texturefile = "gfx\\characters\\remedy_portrait_swapping19.dds"
  noOfFrames = 27
  norefcount = yes
  can_be_lowres = yes
}
spriteType = {
  name = "GFX_character_remedy_portrait_swapping20"
  texturefile = "gfx\\characters\\remedy_portrait_swapping20.dds"
  noOfFrames = 27
  norefcount = yes
  can_be_lowres = yes
}

The problem with that mod link you just shared was it was released back in March 2016, so it's using my old portrait version dating back to when I had to limit myself to 130 portraits. There's actually some substantial changes from that version to my current one.

I was asked about a month ago to release a compatibility patch for the Seiji anime mod, which I've done so already. It's still updated. Problem is I didn't create it with Dark World in mind. Maybe you'd be better off working with those files and building it to work with Dark World instead, assuming you even want to use Dark World.

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/52211-ck2-static-portrait-replacer-ver-301-ckii-261-262-compatible-now-supports-unlimited-portraits/?p=1695641

The one you just linked seems to work with how I already have things working in DW mod. Even if I run into issues I'm much more comfortable changing events/decision/etc than I am playing with graphics.

Thank you very much for this, and I'm sorry I took up so much of your time doing this. If you ever need someone to help with non graphics stuff in CK2 let me know so I can pay you back.

Not sure if its due to one of my other mods messing up the portrait replacer but started to get default_daughter_african.tga error in the log and UI borked up. Looks like I had to delete the portraits_african.gfx from the mods folder. Whole Abyssinia area was also missing face for almost every person.

Got pretty almost all DLC, except Reaper's due (both) and couple music packs and couple historical dynasty shields.

Mods I'm currently using:

Dark world Reborn v1.42

* Dark World Core

* Dark World Children of Lilith

* Dark World Court and Commerce

* Dark World Creatures of Night

* Dark World Expanded Slavery

* Dark World Fairy Tales

* Dark World Futa

* Dark World ReMeDy Custom Portraits

DW Hentai Mod v1.22

Hentai Dark World Court and Commerce

DWToska

Self modded kitsune portraits from kitsune mod

Not sure if its due to one of my other mods messing up the portrait replacer but started to get default_daughter_african.tga error in the log and UI borked up. Looks like I had to delete the portraits_african.gfx from the mods folder. Whole Abyssinia area was also missing face for almost every person.

Got pretty almost all DLC, except Reaper's due (both) and couple music packs and couple historical dynasty shields.

Mods I'm currently using:

Dark world Reborn v1.42

* Dark World Core

* Dark World Children of Lilith

* Dark World Court and Commerce

* Dark World Creatures of Night

* Dark World Expanded Slavery

* Dark World Fairy Tales

* Dark World Futa

* Dark World ReMeDy Custom Portraits

DW Hentai Mod v1.22

Hentai Dark World Court and Commerce

DWToska

Self modded kitsune portraits from kitsune mod

The African portrait DLC is very recent, and debuted with the release of Reaper's Due, so is it possible you're missing that portrait pack? If so, yea, you'll have to delete the african culture gfx. The same holds true for any other portrait DLC you're missing -- delete it's corresponding culture gfx file.

Otherwise, to discover any mod culprits, I like to just disable mods one at a time until the behavior goes away.

Game doesn't seem to like the Turkish Portrait .gfx file in the anime portraits combo pack. Keep crashing on me when I click on portraits in that neck of the woods.

Here's the error log report, maybe you can make more sense of it.

If you don't own the portrait DLC corresponding to the Turkish, then yea, you must delete the gfx file that you're missing. Same thing goes for the other gfx files in regards to any other DLC you're missing.

That is intentional. My mod requires all the portrait DLC to run, but by deleting any of the graphics files corresponding to the portrait packs you're missing, you can get around that requirement.

Game doesn't seem to like the Turkish Portrait .gfx file in the anime portraits combo pack. Keep crashing on me when I click on portraits in that neck of the woods.

Here's the error log report, maybe you can make more sense of it.

If you don't own the portrait DLC corresponding to the Turkish, then yea, you must delete the gfx file that you're missing. Same thing goes for the other gfx files in regards to any other DLC you're missing.

That is intentional. My mod requires all the portrait DLC to run, but by deleting any of the graphics files corresponding to the portrait packs you're missing, you can get around that requirement.

Well I mean that's why I'm confused by it and thought it was a legitimate issue. I own the turkish portrait pack.

In fact I own all except the west african portrait pack that recently got released.

The African portrait DLC is very recent, and debuted with the release of Reaper's Due, so is it possible you're missing that portrait pack? If so, yea, you'll have to delete the african culture gfx. The same holds true for any other portrait DLC you're missing -- delete it's corresponding culture gfx file.

Otherwise, to discover any mod culprits, I like to just disable mods one at a time until the behavior goes away.

I see I guess the dark world mod incorrectly states that african portraits are related to african portraits DLC. Thanks for the reply

Something weird happened to me with this mod, I was playing 2.6.2 with the anime pack mod, portrait "Lina", was in holy war vs Poland as Scandinavian empire, I surrended and when he accepted my peace, my portrait changed to "Griffith2".

I've checked in the save file, tried to remove the trait via console but nothing, the griffith2 trait is not even in the traits section in the save file.

Anyway to get rid of this? 

Thanks

Something weird happened to me with this mod, I was playing 2.6.2 with the anime pack mod, portrait "Lina", was in holy war vs Poland as Scandinavian empire, I surrended and when he accepted my peace, my portrait changed to "Griffith2".

I've checked in the save file, tried to remove the trait via console but nothing, the griffith2 trait is not even in the traits section in the save file.

Anyway to get rid of this?

Thanks

A portrait swap happened DURING a game? And you're sure you didnt quit, change/edit files, and reload the save?

It has to be a sub-mod. Vanilla CKII does not assign portraits. In fact, thats what makes the system special is because the traits are unique and non-random, so its impossible for chars to auto-acquire portraits without the players permission via either the console, or mod events.

I vaguely recall the Griffith2 portrait I edited out back when I had a 130 portrait limit. I'll look through the code when I get home from work, just to be sure, but basically, to remove the portrait do:

remove_trait nameOfPortraitGoesHere

Then do:

add_trait nameOfPortraitGoesHere

Consult my interface/portrait_properties.txt for the full name list to ensure your trait name matches.

I've had a chance to study the Griffith2 and Lina code, and I'm not seeing anything wrong with it. I also tested it in-game and they both showed fine, so yea, the only things I can think of is there's a sub-mod conflict or you're using an outdated save file. The danger with traits is if you remove or add new ones to your code, it rearranges all the traits of the existing characters in your save file, so you might see portraits swap because the traits get rearranged. It's not just portraits that change -- normal traits randomly will swap to something else. For this reason, during an existing save, you never want to add or remove mods that change or modify traits.

Thanks for looking into it!

I'm playing a multiplayer game with a friend with just this mod, and since I cannot use the console in mp I have to edit the savegame for add the trait number into my character traits, I do not touch anything else apart from that, happened to me again yesterday using sivir2, it changed itself to Alicia when I sign the peace with another kingdom. 

I tested it several times and it's seems its changing the entire row, remedy_portrait_swapping4.dds now for sivir2, and its weird that its changing for Alicia, she is in the same position than sivir2 but in the swapping2 row. Samething goes for any trait I try to add in the swapping4 row, sivir its beatrice2 , yoshioka is bradley ... etc.

I tested swapping4 traits on another character, same savegame and they are working fine, seems it's a character bug? I don't know how to fix this xD i'ts kinda weird

UPDATE: It seems it because age, had 60 years on my ruler, used the command age -11 and the portrait changed itself to sivir2 back again. And if I add again 11 years, it changes back to Alicia. The game changes your portrait in vanilla when you have 50 years. Can I prevent this?

I'll test it when I get home. Stuck at the grandparents home for Thanksgiving.

I wonder if its a multiplayer bug somehow, as I never tested my mod in those conditions. I didnt test the age being a culprit, so good catch. Will try it and see what happens.