Sudden Price increases... I dont understand.

Grine

Has anyone noticed on steam and other places whether digital or physical copies games are 10$ more expensive now?

I just dont understand it.

GTA 5 69.99$

Fallout 69.99$

COD 64.99$

ARMA 3 66$

the list goes on...

and now all these season passes and extended shit for an additional 20$

Like Dying Light, which is pretty much empty for 20$...

Fucking Assassins Creed is 80 fucking dollars!

Assassins Creed! HAHAHAHAHAH.

Why are games suddenly so damn expensive now?

The hell is going on?

Is it just in Canada?

Most likely, yes. All of the mentioned Steam games are still showing up as $60 in my Steam.

Canadian prices change dependent on the exchange rates. If the price of games went up for you, the value of the Canadian dollar has likely gone down.

Most likely, yes. All of the mentioned Steam games are still showing up as $60 in my Steam.

Canadian prices change dependent on the exchange rates. If the price of games went up for you, the value of the Canadian dollar has likely gone down.

But my income has remained the same.

Well lets pirate until sale time.

Exchange rates can change on a daily basis. Your employer cannot and will not change your salary daily/weekly based on the exchange rate. 

Exchange rates can change on a daily basis. Your employer cannot and will not change your salary daily/weekly based on the exchange rate. 

that's not the issue, when the Canadian dollar was stronger than the US dollar we paid the same price as the US consumers. So when you paid 60$, then I paid 60$ which was valued higher than the US dollar.

Now that the Canadian dollar is falling these fuckers within half a year increase prices by 10$, fucking Assassin Creed by 20$! the game is bloody made in Canada ffs.

it blows my mind.

that's not the issue, when the Canadian dollar was stronger than the US dollar we paid the same price as the US consumers. So when you paid 60$, then I paid 60$ which was valued higher than the US dollar.

Now that the Canadian dollar is falling these fuckers within half a year increase prices by 10$, fucking Assassin Creed by 20$! the game is bloody made in Canada ffs.

it blows my mind.

Do what I do. Roll one up, and play Bethesda games <3

The trick to Steam is to simply suppress the desire to have a brand new game on launch day.  You know it will be full of bugs and some multi-gigabyte patch is a month or so off anyway, so why pay full price to beta-test it ?

I typically wait a year after release so I can pick up the entire game, plus all the stuff that was supposed to be in the game but was held back to become " DLC ", plus all the bug fixes for ~$20.  Not to mention you'll likely be playing it on hardware at least a generation ahead of what the game was designed for.

Patience, padawans.  Patience :D

The trick to Steam is to simply suppress the desire to have a brand new game on launch day.  You know it will be full of bugs and some multi-gigabyte patch is a month or so off anyway, so why pay full price to beta-test it ?

I typically wait a year after release so I can pick up the entire game, plus all the stuff that was supposed to be in the game but was held back to become " DLC ", plus all the bug fixes for ~$20.  Not to mention you'll likely be playing it on hardware at least a generation ahead of what the game was designed for.

Patience, padawans.  Patience :D

My thoughts exactly.  ..yeah, I'm looking at you Arkham Knight  <_<

It's probably the canadian dollar or such doing badly. They try to keep it off but if the exchange rate changs too radically, they have to adjust prices. It's usually something that happens nationally. Go and see if your physical games store also increased prices, it may be a bi-annual adjustment or such. Given it's June it makes sense, they'd change it again if need be around December then, conveniently before Christmas.

Has anyone noticed on steam and other places whether digital or physical copies games are 10$ more expensive now?

I just dont understand it.

GTA 5 69.99$

Fallout 69.99$

COD 64.99$

ARMA 3 66$

the list goes on...

and now all these season passes and extended shit for an additional 20$

Like Dying Light, which is pretty much empty for 20$...

Fucking Assassins Creed is 80 fucking dollars!

Assassins Creed! HAHAHAHAHAH.

Why are games suddenly so damn expensive now?

The hell is going on?

Is it just in Canada?

GREED...

Seems majority want expensive games?

I'm not willing to pay those prices max i want to pay for PC games is under 50 euro's (and i can afford these prices but it's about principles).

I don't pirate games it's stealing and some developers go broke because of pirating games. I't not always fault of game makers it's the publishers and stock holders who raise prices because of they are greedy.

Fuck GREED.

Guest endgameaddiction

Patience; one of the seven heavenly virtues.

Greed; one the seven deadly sins.

If you believe in that kind of stuff.

Talking about over pricing huh. How about here (finland) where EVERYTHING is WAYYYYY too expensive

Example new just puplished games pc 50-60€ console 69€ and sometimes even more  :angry:

and what average monthly paycheck is in finland

650€ like in croatia maybe

and witcher 3 is 55€

Pretty much the similar dilemma on my end. I always buy hard copies but the recent change in the money exchange literally put a hole in my plan to buy the new 3DS and the Fire Emblem if because the sum of the game and console together with the shipping fee would burn a fucking crater in my wallet for months to come.... Guess I'll stick with the game first.

Archived