Star Trek Online Nude Mods - Version 2.15.2

@Password42: You used to also have a clean (non-Arc) installer for STO that you would post with your mods. Would you have a link for that still? Thanks. 

Oh, and should I also be posting some of my escapades with your mod? Unsure of protocol.

I seriously doubt he could make one? Cryptic handles the "login protocol calls".

I'm not sure, but regardless, the Steam version uses the old "non-ARC" launcher and plays perfectly fine, and the nude patch mod works perfectly with it as well! :P

As for "screenshot protocol", there isn't any (other than normal online edicate, i.e. "if its HUGE, resize it or put it under spoiler tags" lol) - post away! :D

@Password42: You used to also have a clean (non-Arc) installer for STO that you would post with your mods. Would you have a link for that still? Thanks. 

The non-arc STO launcher has been and is still available from the official website: http://files.startrekonline.com/launcher/Star%20Trek%20Online.exe

I never have included it in my mod package, but in the package I do have a batch file that runs the GameClient.exe directly without needing to go through the launcher. It is just a tiny batch script, not a full executable.

Yeah if the texture fails to load properly, the size and/or format may be mismatched. The header file contains data regarding the size of the texture (e.g. 512x512) and the compression format used to save the .DDS (e.g. DTX1 or DXT5). These need to match in order for the texture to be properly loaded; your edited texture must have the same size and compression format as the .hed you apply to it, or else it will not load properly.

Okay, it seems I finally got it to work. Thanks again for your help! :)

EDIT: Hmm, cheered too soon... bummer.

• 2 weeks later...

A question of some importance.

Since Cryptic is to sloppy to bother with accurate ship designs, is there a way or a moder page to get the real looks of the Constitutiopn, Sovereign and Nebula Class etc. ?

It should be something similar to this nude mod, since it is only the "Skin" that would be changed.

Thanks.

If you are asking about "model editing" or "model viewing", then the answer is "no".

No one has figured out how to decrypt their models' format really...

Thats very sad to hear. Because in its early days, people even came up with corrected bridge interiours etc. Sod it. Then Nude boobies it is!

Since the pre-patch for the new "season" came out, the characters in the cutscenes and speak windows dont have lip motions anymore.

So... jup! Its time to wait til they aired the next "season" again.

I never really noticed issues with ground combat AI, though I usually tune out ground combat and do something else while mashing 1 and occasionally 2 or 3. I just wish they'd fix the areas so they didn't look like they were created by someone whose only exposure to Star Trek was through a fun-house mirror.

Also: There are six doors on a Galaxy-class bridge. Three of them are turbolifts (although one only goes to the battle bridge). So where does Cryptic put the turbolift in their version? In the observation lounge door.

EDIT: There's also the bug that makes your ship stop moving if you open certain menus which has been around forever.

Edited by zippy57

I never really noticed issues with ground combat AI, though I usually tune out ground combat and do something else while mashing 1 and occasionally 2 or 3. I just wish they'd fix the areas so they didn't look like they were created by someone whose only exposure to Star Trek was through a fun-house mirror.

EDIT: There's also the bug that makes your ship stop moving if you open certain menus which has been around forever.

I prefer shooter controls on the ground - it makes it a lot less boring... >_<

Oh god THAT bug... Yeah they will never fix it at this point lol...

---

On a side note, I see either Cryptic or AMD finally got off their lazy asses and fixed shit since last I checked a few months ago, cuz the game ACTUALLY launches now... >_<

Also: There are six doors on a Galaxy-class bridge. Three of them are turbolifts (although one only goes to the battle bridge). So where does Cryptic put the turbolift in their version? In the observation lounge door.

I prefer shooter controls on the ground - it makes it a lot less boring... >_<

Oh god THAT bug... Yeah they will never fix it at this point lol...

---

On a side note, I see either Cryptic or AMD finally got off their lazy asses and fixed shit since last I checked a few months ago, cuz the game ACTUALLY launches now... >_<

Um... You mean the auto-stop when you get hailed and such? That's not a bug, and can be turned off. I mean, I'll admit there are plenty of bugs in STO, but that isn't one of them. I'm too lazy to turn it off on most my other characters, but my main hasn't stopped for a dialog/menu window in YEARS.

Um... You mean the auto-stop when you get hailed and such? That's not a bug, and can be turned off. I mean, I'll admit there are plenty of bugs in STO, but that isn't one of them. I'm too lazy to turn it off on most my other characters, but my main hasn't stopped for a dialog/menu window in YEARS.

I'm referring to the ship stopping when you open the Department Head Duty Officer tabs.

I'm referring to the ship stopping when you open the Department Head Duty Officer tabs.

Ah, okay. Just checked it, and it's affected by the same option. In Options, under Controls (while in space), the second-last toggle option (Keep moving during contact dialogs) is default set to Off. If you switch it to On, your vessel will continue to move while opening up various windows, including the Duty Officer Department Head assignment pages.

• 4 weeks later...

is there a reason the patches do not work on tribble?

Tribble has development updates that introduce new features that break old versions of mods. If they were to be updated to work with these bleeding-edge development versions, then they would no longer work on the Holodeck stable version.

You're going to want to check out these articles. It's starting to look like they got some licensing for the JJ verse given this information,

http://1701news.com/node/1197/star-trek-online-planning-abramsverse-crossover.html

and the article within it:

http://massivelyop.com/2016/05/16/an-innocent-npc-may-allude-to-future-crossovers-for-star-trek-online/

In light of this it's not just the original series that's getting reintroduced but a whole huge amount of new uniforms are going to get introduced from the JJ verse.

• 4 weeks later...

hey password42 the last episode (the temporal front) has some graphic glitches (npc hovering through scripted sequences and temporal facility not showing) because of the mod, can you do a repack please?

I might get around to it sometime, my motivation to play the game has died off considerably. For now, you can use the Safe Install option, that should be free of glitches.

...my motivation to play the game has died off considerably.

Eh, same. I kinda stopped playing completely when they 100% redid the skills thing. I was already pretty bored of the game again already, and when they did that whole "total skill system overhaul) thing, I was all like:

"No thank you, I don't really feel like trying to remake the perfectly-calibrated setup I had and try to both unlearn the old system and relearn a new system that you somehow managed to simplify and streamline while simultaneously making it 100x more complicated and hard to understand."

Didn't really help knowing that if I made a mistake and wanted to redo it I'd have to either pay them real money or grind enough Dilithium + weeks of waiting to get enough currency to buy a retraining token... =.=