Star Trek Online Nude Mods - Version 2.15.2

Have you tried reinstalling the mod now the shorts are appearing in the tailor again?  I'm getting a similar issue, where the shorts won't reliably appear, plus basically ALL OF THE CLIPPING.

And, possibly, the new "open" tops with the mirror outfit boxes are glitched with the mod, as well @.@  (it's not loading the "skin" part of the upper body)

The new Odysseys are a tad glitchy for me when I have the mod installed. Gonna see if I can narrow down the specific option causing the glitch later.

Breast Jiggle, I'd bet. It hasn't been updated in a while and it tends to need updating for new ships to support their ship-skeletons -- I need to modify the skeleton files to support jiggle for females and this edit has the side effect of needing to be bundled together with every skeleton in the game. So when these don't get updated for a while and new ships come out, their skeletons aren't included. In any event, it's high time for an update, so I'll work on that this weekend -- after I see Deadpool, that is. ;)

Finally got around to testing, it is NOT Jiggle, it seems to be the "Open Aloha shirts for Off-Duty" thats causing the extra pylons and misplaced nacelles on the Odyssey.

Edit: There may be more, I don't run with everything, but I know for sure that one is causing my problem.

It wouldn't be a basic texture.  Something to make the skin shiny when the light hits it, is what he's asking for.  (I think)

something like this

That may be harder to do than you'd think (possibly impossible). For Skyrim, that was done with a combination of specular map edit, AND mesh edit (changing a flag in NifSkope literally called "Glossiness" lol). As we have no way to do model edit for STO, it *may* not be possible, and I'm not sure if it's something that could be done with texture edits alone (as it relies on changing how a game's lighting engine reflects off of the skin).

Not trying to be a downer - just explaining the realities of it. We are restricted to VERY LITTLE when it comes to what can be edit in STO! n.nU

*I have tried doing texture editing for STO in the past (I made the "petite" textures that remove the breast shadowing), but never messes with the specular maps, so I could be wrong...

It wouldn't be a basic texture.  Something to make the skin shiny when the light hits it, is what he's asking for.  (I think)

something like this

That may be harder to do than you'd think (possibly impossible). For Skyrim, that was done with a combination of specular map edit, AND mesh edit (changing a flag in NifSkope literally called "Glossiness" lol). As we have no way to do model edit for STO, it *may* not be possible, and I'm not sure if it's something that could be done with texture edits alone (as it relies on changing how a game's lighting engine reflects off of the skin).

Not trying to be a downer - just explaining the realities of it. We are restricted to VERY LITTLE when it comes to what can be edit in STO! n.nU

*I have tried doing texture editing for STO in the past (I made the "petite" textures that remove the breast shadowing), but never messes with the specular maps, so I could be wrong...

I wasn't sure of the specifics that it would require, so I didn't try to guess at it.  I do love learning new things about game art, though.  Thanks!

something like this

I wasn't sure of the specifics that it would require, so I didn't try to guess at it.  I do love learning new things about game art, though.  Thanks!

Not sure if this will be useful, but what about making it so characters appear constantly wet? (For example, how they look after splashing around on Risa a bit)

Drawbacks to this are that unless that effect can be modified (assuming it can be used at all) all clothing and skin will have water running off them constantly, which might not look too pretty in the end.

Drawbacks to this are that unless that effect can be modified (assuming it can be used at all) all clothing and skin will have water running off them constantly, which might not look too pretty in the end.

I'm not sure how STO handles... "magic effects" I guess I'll call them (meaning effect overlays on characters), but I don't think anyways has been able to edit these in the past, and it would require first FINDING the effect's file location, trying to EXTRACT the textures from it, then trying to apply said textures to character textures.

So just odds are... not possible. Texture editing seems to be about all we can edit (besides the hidden "breast jiggling" and some minor slider edits, but that's only because it was actually IN the game to begin with - just unused).

• 2 weeks later...

A question of some importance.

Since Cryptic is to sloppy to bother with accurate ship designs, is there a way or a moder page to get the real looks of the Constitutiopn, Sovereign and Nebula Class etc. ?

It should be something similar to this nude mod, since it is only the "Skin" that would be changed.

Thanks.

A question of some importance.

Since Cryptic is to sloppy to bother with accurate ship designs, is there a way or a moder page to get the real looks of the Constitutiopn, Sovereign and Nebula Class etc. ?

It should be something similar to this nude mod, since it is only the "Skin" that would be changed.

Thanks.

If you are asking about "model editing" or "model viewing", then the answer is "no".

No one has figured out how to decrypt their models' format really...

I have a question concerning texture editing. Easiy enough I got them out for editing using Noesis, but in the tutorial it says "Unfortunately, there is no easy way to get textures extracted by Noesis back into .wtex format. A subsequent update to this tutorial will cover how to do this." - But how do we do that then? It seems, there hasn't been any update to the tutorial since then.

Hiya, enjoying it in game ... lil request... Ass holes for Cait textures :P Just a lil ring shown right under the tail. good upskirt stuff.

Unfortunately, anything like that would probably end up looking quite awful due the the fact that the "butt" is completely flat, and we can't "model edit.

Additionally, while you COULD normally get around a hurdle like this with a very, VERY well-crafted "normal map", this game's engine is VERY only, and it cannot render normal map depth very well (hardly at all, really imo)...

I have a question concerning texture editing. Easiy enough I got them out for editing using Noesis, but in the tutorial it says "Unfortunately, there is no easy way to get textures extracted by Noesis back into .wtex format. A subsequent update to this tutorial will cover how to do this." - But how do we do that then? It seems, there hasn't been any update to the tutorial since then.

Textures for what specifically are you trying to edit?

I didn't have any issues, for example, editing the female body textures, but you may be trying to edit something a lot harder is why I ask... n.nU

Yeah, I've been neglecting that. Basically you'll want to find locate one of the mod's .wtex textures that is similar to the one you want to edit, and use its header information on top of your edited texture, and hope it works. There's a lot of trial & error and finger-crossing here, as to what will work and what won't, which is why I can't really formulate a good tutorial explanation.

Textures for what specifically are you trying to edit?

I didn't have any issues, for example, editing the female body textures, but you may be trying to edit something a lot harder is why I ask... n.nU

Armor Textures for instance. Obviously those I can't work with when I convert those .wtex using Wtex2DDS.

Yeah, I've been neglecting that. Basically you'll want to find locate one of the mod's .wtex textures that is similar to the one you want to edit, and use its header information on top of your edited texture, and hope it works. There's a lot of trial & error and finger-crossing here, as to what will work and what won't, which is why I can't really formulate a good tutorial explanation.

So, something like this?

- Convert one file using Wtex2DDS, but only keep the .hed file

- Export the texture I want to edit with Noesis

- Convert them back again with Wtex2DDS while using the texture with the different .hed file

So, something like this?

- Convert one file using Wtex2DDS, but only keep the .hed file

- Export the texture I want to edit with Noesis

- Convert them back again with Wtex2DDS while using the texture with the different .hed file

Yeah pretty much like that. Pick an existing texture you think is a good match to your new texture that you can convert with Wtex2DDS, then grab its .hed file and apply it to your edited .DDS - cross your fingers and hope it works. I'm sorry that there's not much more advice I can give in this department, when I need to inject new textures I have to resort to trial and error in hopes that something works.

I will attach some old .wtex that I believe are good matches for Armor textures, though. You can try grabbing the headers from these first, if you like -- they should work with Wtex2DDS.

Armor tex.7z

Yeah pretty much like that. Pick an existing texture you think is a good match to your new texture that you can convert with Wtex2DDS, then grab its .hed file and apply it to your edited .DDS - cross your fingers and hope it works. I'm sorry that there's not much more advice I can give in this department, when I need to inject new textures I have to resort to trial and error in hopes that something works.

I will attach some old .wtex that I believe are good matches for Armor textures, though. You can try grabbing the headers from these first, if you like -- they should work with Wtex2DDS.

I did try that before, but obviously something went wrong. Those files were loaded, but showed up totally wrong and as some kind of striped pattern. The client didn't crash, though.

Any idea what I could have done wrong?

Either way thank you for your help so far and all the work you've already done. :)

Yeah if the texture fails to load properly, the size and/or format may be mismatched. The header file contains data regarding the size of the texture (e.g. 512x512) and the compression format used to save the .DDS (e.g. DTX1 or DXT5). These need to match in order for the texture to be properly loaded; your edited texture must have the same size and compression format as the .hed you apply to it, or else it will not load properly.

Guest steve97477

@Password42: You used to also have a clean (non-Arc) installer for STO that you would post with your mods. Would you have a link for that still? Thanks. 

Oh, and should I also be posting some of my escapades with your mod? Unsure of protocol.