• 2 weeks later...

OK.  I'm back with another question on custom followers/races.  Why is there not a "default" interaction for a custom race?  For example, when the race does not match an entry in the vanilla race table, simply go to an "other" catagory for generic responses, something non-specific (i.e., no mention of race like in "I'm a true child of...".  This would allow a less lore-specific interaction but reduce the need for special setups.  Do I sense that there's more to it than that?

BTW, using the CK I discovered that Vilja's custom race name is "AAEMNordViljaRace".  When I used the setrace console command on her to reset to the original custom name from the "NordRace" that I used to get this mod to work, guess what?  It returned her to her original state, with facial animation back to normal but then no more response to the RWRD mod.  I made up a little batch file to toggle her race and it works as intended.  I have yet to finish her story line with the vanilla race name but so far, no surprizes except for the loss of facial animations.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/16/2018 at 8:33 PM, amundarken said:

OK.  I'm back with another question on custom followers/races.  Why is there not a "default" interaction for a custom race?  For example, when the race does not match an entry in the vanilla race table, simply go to an "other" catagory for generic responses, something non-specific (i.e., no mention of race like in "I'm a true child of...".  This would allow a less lore-specific interaction but reduce the need for special setups.  Do I sense that there's more to it than that?

There is (or there should be) a default option that should kick in if no other conditions are met (i.e. not a vanilla follower, not a nonvanilla follower but vanilla race, nonvanilla custom race, etc). Is it not working? IIRC the dialogue is something very generic, and might be easily overlooked if you've got some other mods that add dialogue.

Vilja is a custom race (AAEMNordViljaRace) but, similar to the previously broken Arissa (now fixed), there's no animation following partial dialog.  PC says "Hey, I was thinking", reply of "Yes, what is it?" (unvoiced) and then nothing.  This is the problem we discussed earlier regarding her not being a vanilla race (specifically, not NordRace).  I'm guessing that there's more to the race issue than just what the CK shows in the Object Window under Actors>Actor>actor?

When I change her race to NordRace via setrace command, the "default" appears and it works correctly.  Just not with the custom race name.

On 3/4/2018 at 1:56 PM, Content Consumer said:

Has anyone tried that SSE port yet? I've been a little swamped lately, was supposed to have some free time this weekend but Friday-Saturday the power kept going in and out and today I've got to do some catchup.

I set it up tonight and tried it but got consistent CTDs when animations should start.  Got to the point where stripping should happen but then CTD.  I haven't really played with SE enough yet to say that the SE version is the problem.  I'm using SexLab Framework 1.63 Beta for starters so therin could lie the problem.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/4/2018 at 1:56 PM, Content Consumer said:

Has anyone tried that SSE port yet? I've been a little swamped lately, was supposed to have some free time this weekend but Friday-Saturday the power kept going in and out and today I've got to do some catchup.

I've installed SexLab Framework SE Beta 1.63 and, after I was informed that I needed to install the SexLab hotfix (duh),  RWRD SE seems to work as expected.  The animations are much slower to start but that's been pointed out as a known issue for now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, h3llonearth said:

Does this work for undead followers? Like dead thralls?

No, it doesn't. Summoned followers count as creatures, which don't normally have the ability to speak.

I could edit the summons and make them able to do so, like I did with some other creature followers (Meeko for example), but that would conflict with any other mods that alter summons. And there are a lot of mods that alter summoned creatures. I'd rather not introduce incompatibilities with a whole bunch of other mods.

Sorry. :frown:

EDIT: I do like the idea, though. I might someday make a separate mod just for summoned creatures, so users could choose whether to use it or not.

2 minutes ago, Content Consumer said:

No, it doesn't. Summoned followers count as creatures, which don't normally have the ability to speak.

I could edit the summons and make them able to do so, like I did with some other creature followers (Meeko for example), but that would conflict with any other mods that alter summons. And there are a lot of mods that alter summoned creatures. I'd rather not introduce incompatibilities with a whole bunch of other mods.

Sorry. :frown:

EDIT: I do like the idea, though. I might someday make a separate mod just for summoned creatures, so users could choose whether to use it or not.

Damn, I've been looking for the past hour for any mod that adds dialogue to dead thralls to demand sex...

35 minutes ago, h3llonearth said:

Any chance for a creatures only optional?

Not without a lot of work, and I'm pretty damn lazy. ;)

You can do it yourself easily, actually - go to the MCM "RWRD States" page and set everything to -1 that you don't want.

1 hour ago, Content Consumer said:

Not without a lot of work, and I'm pretty damn lazy. ;)

You can do it yourself easily, actually - go to the MCM "RWRD States" page and set everything to -1 that you don't want.

And if I do so will the dialogue for uninterested parties disappear, or will the dialogue still be there but just not do anything?

9 hours ago, h3llonearth said:

And if I do so will the dialogue for uninterested parties disappear, or will the dialogue still be there but just not do anything?

The value of -1 means "this character will not have RWRD dialogue."

Setting any character's RWRD state to -1 will prevent that dialogue from appearing.

• 1 month later...

If anyone is interested, I've constructed a more advanced framework than what this mod currently is. Hopefully it will be able to implement several things that people have asked for but I have been unable to do so far.

It's currently based on Fertility Mode, specifically the childbirth plugin. However, eventually I will be able to remove Fertility Mode Children as a requirement and make it optional.

NOTE that FM Children does not actually require Fertility Mode to be installed, so you can test out that mod without having to change your pregnancy mod if you're using something like Beeing Female. To test what I've got so far, coc to RYC2_Example and speak to the NPC there.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Khajit123 said:

Is there any way to view the character dialogue for this mod without actually installing it? My skills at modding are exactly 0 but I am quite curious how it works

Short answer - not really. I can export the dialogue into a text file for you, but that only shows you what the NPCs say, and doesn't really provide any context or show dialogue flow.
The alternative would be to take screenshots of all the dialogue, in the CK, and that's a bit too much effort for me. :)

Here's a quick rundown though (spoilered to keep from overflowing the thread with images):

Spoiler

Basically it just adds a new dialogue line to your followers that initiates sex.
For example:

imug0.jpg

These are almost always made as player-NPC-player-NPC dialogue, with a few exceptions.
Here, the player asks Aranea if she has had any visions of sex from Azura. Aranea says yes, the player says "Isn't that convenient," then Aranea responds, and triggers sex.
imug1.jpg

Many followers have requirements or conditions for their sex.
For example, You can ask Erandur about sex, and he will respond differently if you're wearing Robes of Vaermina or not.
In this case, he has two possible options: 1 if you are wearing robes of Vaermina, 2 if you are not.
Option 3 is used by the game if you have turned follower conditionals off in the MCM, so he won't actually check if you're wearing those robes before saying yes.

imug2.jpg

All followers have at least a two-stage dialogue.
The first stage is for the first time you ask about it, the second stage is for all subsequent times.
For example, the first time you talk to Onmund about it, he seems unsure of himself. After that, you can just ask him for "another study session" and he'll immeditely agree.
imug3.jpg

Some followers have options for you to refuse. For example, Serana's first time dialogue allows you to back out.
This is rare though - mostly, I figured that if you're asking your follower about sex, you want it, so the follower doesn't say no.
imug4.jpg

Some followers have multiple possible second-stage dialogues, though this is also rare.
Barbas will randomly pick one of these instead of always having the same response.
imug5.jpg

Some followers, in addition to having multiple second-stage dialogues, have additional limitations.
Frea, for example, has ten second-stage dialogue options, and she'll pick randomly among them, but some of them she will only say once, after which that option won't be picked again.imug6.jpg

Even when a follower agrees to sex, they might not always be enthusiastic. Lydia, for instance, will agree, but only reluctantly. Ralis Sedarys has a ten-stage progressive dialogue where he gets more and more irritated at you for demanding sex. At stage 10, he will actually refuse to go any further and demand you either back off or start a fight.
I tried to fit follower responses to their personality when possible. Failing that (i.e. if a follower appears to have no real personality traits), I tried to fit it to their tone of voice, or at worst, appearance.
You may also notice that Lydia had two different sets of dialogue. RWRD checks for the presence of Housecarls Revamped, and if it finds it, changes the dialogue to fit the new gender.

imug8.jpg

Nonvanilla followers (i.e. followers you can download off the Nexus or wherever) are handled this way:
1. If the follower isn't from the vanilla game or DLCs, the dialogue is "Hey, I was thinking..."
2. The game then checks to see if the follower has a recognized name. For example, if the follower is named "Inigo" the game will use a line specifically for Inigo.
3. If the follower does not have a recognized name (because I have not added in all possible followers to the list of recognized names), it will check the follower's race.
4. If the follower belongs to one of the twenty vanilla races (ten races, and ten vampire races), it will have dialogue tailored for that race.

5. If the follower doesn't fit any of the above, it will use a very generic line instead.
imug7.jpg

All in all, it gets pretty repetitive actually. There's no real relationship progression or anything, with the exception of Ralis Sedarys. There's only so many times you can listen to the same line over and over again before you get bored and stop asking.
I've created a more advanced framework for this sort of thing, and might someday migrate all the Reward Your Followers dialogue there instead. Currently it's mostly just an incest dialogue mod using the Fertility Mode children plugin, but it's extensible enough to allow for any sort of relationship you can imagine.
Long time in the future though for that one. I need to write up a crapton of generic dialogue for it first, and I just don't have the energy. :(

(note that link and this one are outdated, the current unreleased beta v5 has some bug fixes and more dialogue)

Thanks for the quick reply! I can understand that would be a pain in the butt, no worries!

It was actually Ralis I was interested in, haha. He is by far one of my favourite followers, but of course, he is not very popular. I was intrigued by a mod that gave him in particular extra content. 

• 1 month later...

Hi Content Consumer, great mod and thx for the hard work ongoing support!

If I understand correctly, all non-vanilla followers are identified by their full name and custom dialog added.

So, is my assumption correct that, if in the CK I select one of the existing non-vanilla dialogues and changed the full name (say "Sophia") to the full name of my custom follower (say "Mitsuko"), my follower will use that dialog?

Thank you for your answer.

Sky