[FONV] Error when starting the game with NVSE

Synthael

After not playing the game for a while because of busy RL, I decided to get back, but I guess either Steam or something else decided NOPE.

My problem is as follows: I can run the game normally without NVSE, it runs fine, no hickups. When I try to run it with NVSE (tried 1.5 and beta 1.6 versions), game doesn't start, just a Steam error pops out: "Application load error P:0000065432".

I suspect the problem is because I have Steam installed on my SSD, and my library is on a different disc drive (D:). I tried reinstalling the game in C: drive, symbolic link to a folder on the other drive to fool the steam it's still on c... NOPE. Verifying the game cache... NOPE.

Just for the record, game is without any mods, just NVSE.

I guess all my fooling around in GECK for trying to make a "groundbreaking" plugin is useless now as I can't test it... :dodgy:

Anyone has any ideas how to try to fix this?

NVSE is at 4.6b now, I would update to that version, it is what is being recommended for the mods hosted here. Let me see if I have this correctly, you have your Steam client and your games separated on different drives or partitions? I cannot say I have ever tried that, but using Symbolic links if you are, should have worked. So I am guessing it is NVSE not seeing the Steam client running, due to it being on a different drive. I would leave the games where they are and install the Steam client to the same directory ,then verify the game cache, Steam will pick up the games and register them within the client. You might also look in the Event Viewer and see exactly what program the error points to, this will help in diagnosing the problem. Let me know if I can help further.

If you're using "steam beta" try switching back to normal version.

Only thing I didn't do / try... Why I have to go for the most complex solutions that mostly don't work when there are so simple like this... Thanks man, you just helped me to keep my sanity...  :D

FNV was for the last try installed in the steam default directory just to keep it simple and avoid as many errors as possible (and improve load times and other stuff hehe), installed latest NVSE beta with extender and 4gb loader (do I still need that one?). Thanks guys for helping, or at least trying to help.  :D

Nope, if you have NVSE, NX (NVSE Extender) and 4GB loader at their current latest revisions, that should be good. :) Happy to help, if it does help . And Steam Beta is terrible, I ran that once and it completely fubared my Steam Client and game installs, had to download over 50 games all over again, since those early days I have learned quite a bit more with respect to Steam Games and have hardly ever had to re-download one since.

I had once where my steam.exe went AWOL it just disappeared it was nowhere to be found on my computer so I took my steam folder and made a copy of the whole thing and placed it in a different folder. Then I uninstalled steam then reinstalled it back. Once that was done I just moved the steam copy back into the steam folder overwriting whatever it needed to and my steam was fixed.

Guest tomm434

After steam update I ran into the same problem When I try to start game via NVSE or 4gb patch same problem appears. I don't use steam beta, I can't verify cache (it stucks at 0%) Any suggestions?

Also when I try 4gbpatch it says "unable to set current dir to game dir"

EDIT:

Also I tried setting shorcut path:

"C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas enplczru\fnv4gb.exe" -SteamAppId 22490

"C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas enplczru\fnv4gb.exe" -SteamAppId 22380

Didn't work.

EDIT2:

Ran Steam as administator - fixed the issue.

Also, if you want 4 gb patch/nvse to work with ENB, you have to make a symlink to d3d9.dll in "exes" folder:

• open cmd
  • write:

cd "C:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Fallout New Vegas enplczru\exes"
    mklink d3d9.dll "C:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Fallout New Vegas enplczru\d3d9.dll"
And switching to Steam Beta should be safe now, because it's broken on both versions.

Archived