Ok I tried to go to a save where I did not use the uninstall mod first and see if that would work. It kinda worked the mod still worked as before and the mod was not greyed out in the MCM but the strip NPC would work but it acted like it wanted to work. I would target a NPC push the strip key and nothing would happen. Before my character would strip but now nothing. if I am not targeting a NPC and push strip it works like normal. So not sure what is going on but I am unable to get this to work on a game in progress.

Strange...

Could you post a papyrus log so that I can see what's happening?

By the way, when you uninstalled, did you remember to save the game and then remove the mod before installing the new version?

The steps I took when uninstalling it where this. Load game, uninstalled serial strip in MCM menu both of them, saved game. exited game. uninstalled mods with manager. logged into game, saved game. logged out of game, installed serial strip new versions, ran loot, ran FINS, rebooted game and got that.

I started a new game and the menu shows up just fine. If I go to a different save where I did not do a uninstall the menu is fine but the mod doesn't fully work. I even tried using a save file cleaner on the save with the greyed out menu and it couldn't find any errors.

I really have no idea, it just seems like it starts to load the MCM menu and then just stops before it finishes. I looked at the log and there is some warnings with serial strip on that save but after that it looks like it was detected so no clue whats up.

Ok really weird, but I got it to work. The way I got it to work just is weird and doesn't make sense.

Here is what I did. I installed the new versions with mod manager. Then I logged into a game that had the old versions on it. (the ones that would sorta work but not strip npc's but the menu was not greyed out) at that point I went to the MCM menu and click uninstall mods, then I saved, logged out, deactivated the mods with the manager, logged back into skyrim saved, logged out, reactivated the new mods, then logged back in and the mods showed up in the MCM menu not greyed out and the strip NPC worked.

Now why I it didn't work with just uninstalling the old mod in the MCM and do the same steps I have no clue but this worked. I am starting to think when I did it the proper way and clicked uninstall the first time in the MCM that something hiccuped and the mod was not fully uninstalled correctly. That is the only thing that makes any sense.

Anyways it works now.

Which brings me to my comments on the new mod. It works great for the most part, but sometimes on NPC's it won't work. Like if they are using a cooking pot etc. Also if a guard is standing at a gate it wouldn't work for him for some reason. If NPC's are just walking around or standing etc it works perfectly fine on them.

I would like to see a redress option added. Both for the PC and to use on NPC's so you force the NPC's to get dressed again. I waited for awhile after making some NPC's get undressed and they never did put their clothes back on. So a redress key would be helpful on the NPC's, for the PC it would just be nice to see a redress animation done and the PC get dressed for immersion. I get that might be hard if the PC had a lot of armor/clothes in their inventory though.

Hey, thanks for the update!

Yes, I would think the uninstall module has a bug somewhere or it just happened to make a mistake (Skyrim can be a bit chaotic, so I'm told!).

What you describe, about NPCs not obeying the stripping command when doing something, is how it is intended to work. We put a lot of checks to make sure that PC and NPC are available before initiating stripping, for safety. As this is a modders resource, a modder can make the NPC available before calling SerialStrip's functions. However, if this little test plugin (SerialStripper) begins being used as an actual useful mod, I can consider removing some of those checks.

Redress functionality is coming after multithreading support. Our animator-hero, aqqh, has already started working on those animations :D

Hey, thanks for the update!

Yes, I would think the uninstall module has a bug somewhere or it just happened to make a mistake (Skyrim can be a bit chaotic, so I'm told!).

What you describe, about NPCs not obeying the stripping command when doing something, is how it is intended to work. We put a lot of checks to make sure that PC and NPC are available before initiating stripping, for safety. As this is a modders resource, a modder can make the NPC available before calling SerialStrip's functions. However, if this little test plugin (SerialStripper) begins being used as an actual useful mod, I can consider removing some of those checks.

Redress functionality is coming after multithreading support. Our animator-hero, aqqh, has already started working on those animations :D

No problem and I figured the busy in a animation was a feature and not a bug. But I reported it anyways just to be sure.

The only bug/issue I ran into was with the riften guard outside the gate of the city. He is just standing there arms crossed and the strip NPC does not work on him and he is not engaged in a animation. Least it doesn't look like he is, as he is just standing there. It worked on all the other NPC's so I am wondering if there is something funny going on with him.

Very cool and looking forward to the multi support and redress. I know Goubo is working on incorporating serial strip into defeat on the surrender option. Not sure exactly what he plans but he has it listed under is wip, so that might be the first mod that official uses this, least that I am aware of. Just thought I would mention it to you.

Thanks for the heads-up about Goubo, I guess I missed it. I'm gonna check with him if he needs anything integration-wise.

Yeah, I noticed this behavior with one of the Whiterun guards too. I think he's flagged as unavailable while he's on duty but I didn't dig any deeper.

By the way, your log doesn't show anything that can help me with the bug you reported. There are a lot of errors from other scripts but none from our plugins.

Just a FYI so you know what I mean, on the OP of defeat he has a list of wip features and serialstrip is listed there. Copy of the list in spoiler tag.

What I’m working on - fixes and additions for the next update. (v5.1.1)

- Better transition with followers for all down scenario.
- Working redress function for follower.
- Try to optimize Surrender function.
- Test to do with creatures.
- Some compatibility issue to check with other mods.
- More option for SexLab animations with gender combinations.
- Witness functions, currently disabled.
- Better calm system.
- Fix feed option for follower if I can.
- Support for serial strip (yield and surrender dialogues).
- NPC putting a bounty on the player if alive after being sexually assaulted. (Unique npcs)
- Option to bring criminal to guards with the sack.

Thanks for the heads-up about Goubo, I guess I missed it. I'm gonna check with him if he needs anything integration-wise.

Yeah, I noticed this behavior with one of the Whiterun guards too. I think he's flagged as unavailable while he's on duty but I didn't dig any deeper.

By the way, your log doesn't show anything that can help me with the bug you reported. There are a lot of errors from other scripts but none from our plugins.

I am seeing this issue with several NPC's that are just doing one task and not walking around.  Hulda who is standing at the inn desk, anyone sitting down.  The do not stand up and then start the undressing as you would expect.  Probably related to the guard issue?  Otherwise it seems to work fine with all of the other NPC's walking around.

Now that you mentioned Hulda: I guess I know what the problem with the guards is. This also applies to any other NPC. The guards are probably leaning against a pillar or wall, and innkeepers usually lean on the bar counter. The function GetSitting() which is used by SerialStrip to check if the PC/NPC is available returns that they are sitting.

So it's not a bug, it's just some unusual behavior of the engine. As Antono said, if more users wants to use SerialStripper as a normal mod through their playthroughs we have to consider releasing them from those animation states.

i installed my as it was listed and nothing happens when i press the button. :( both esp files in, bashed patch, fnis, top of the load order even now. what can i try next?

You can try sending a papyrus log our way :shy: . We love bug reports, they help us improve our code.

Also, there's a new version ready, which creates an even more detailed log and also gives SerialStrip a separate MCM page . If everything else fails for you, I can upload that one and see if that fixes your issue (or at least creates a new log).

For the time being, coult you activate the mods, press the button and then post the log that was created here?

I can't for the life of me get the mcm menu to show up.

OK. Have you installed both SerialStrip and SerialStripper? The menu and the strip button are offered by the SerialStripper plugin.

If yes, could you post your log please?

Oh its two mods? hmm that's weird.

Yeah, SerialStrip is a modder's resource, a framework, kinda like SexLab, while SerialStripper is a proof-of-concept, a little mod offered as an example on how a modder can use this resource.

SerialStrip doesn't do anything on its own, like SexLab doesn't do anything by itself: you need other mods that use it.

It's really simple what I want to achieve really, just use your armor removal function instead of the stripping function from SexLab if SerialStrip is enabled.

I don't need much more at least for now, I did not check how I'm going to include it yet but I'll contact you if I need anything, thank you.

sorry ive been dealing with no keyboard input, here are my logs. i tried using 1.0.4 but still no luck

Thanks.

Interestingly enough, the log shows that the mod is working! What's happening is that you have set all the slots to non-strippable through the SexLab's config menu. SerialStrip follows these preferences if SexLab is installed. So, set some of the slots to strippable and the mod should be able to remove items.

Furthermore, in your efforts to fix the issue you downgraded to a previous version without using the Uninstall command from the MCM. This hasn't broken the mod but it's left garbage in the savegame. So, I suggest you uninstall the current v1.0.4 through the MCM, save, exit, remove the mod. At this stage you may want to launch the game again and save anew to be on the safe side. Then install v1.1.1-beta and enjoy!

Finally, there are a lot of other errors coming from other mods and scripts. Your savegame could benefit a lot from you running a savegame cleaner on it.

Please try the above and post the results :)

I'm using version 1.1.1.

Is there a way to prevent NPCs from re-sizing when they do their strip animations? The mod seems to set the actors to a default height (around the height of a Dumner) before doing animations. The actors heights get reset to normal when they go through a door (going indoors or outdoors).

I'm using version 1.1.1.

Is there a way to prevent NPCs from re-sizing when they do their strip animations? The mod seems to set the actors to a default height (around the height of a Dumner) before doing animations. The actors heights get reset to normal when they go through a door (going indoors or outdoors).

We will check into this. Usually there should be no scaling at all.

Does this mod by any chance also include a SerialEquip feature? 

If yes, it would replace "Actions Take Real Time" in my mod list and become a must have forever.

We are working on this feature. Not sure, when it will be finished.

I'm using version 1.1.1.

We will check into this. Usually there should be no scaling at all.

It's scaling size just like when some NPCs lean against a wall or railing. Only they stay short or tall after their stripping animation is over.