So guys, how about instead of 50 different boob/butt/belly/vagina/nipple/left big toe physics mods, maybe a few armor mods?

Keyboard Warrior

There's barely any good armor ones. And I mean ones that aren't skimpy armor mods. HDT has been out for well over a year now, and nobody has thought to make Vanilla armor conversions into HDT? Seriously? I get that this is a HUGE focus of the Skyrim modding community but come on. Can't we have a TINY bit of variety?

inb4 "IF U WUNT IT SO MUHC DO IT URSELF LOL", because that's the #1 argument when someone requests something perfectly reasonable and the majority dislikes it.

The blade & soul armors are being converted. A lot of them are havoked in there original game and people are taking advantage of that with the conversion to Skyrim.

Also Chronotrigger77 converted all of the vanilla armors to HDT a while ago. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/25259/?

HDT tails - http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/58165

Shining will from Vindictus - http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/56898/?like everything moves but the breasts.

Your request sticks, absolutely reeks of entitlement.

Not only are you asking for a project that would take dozens of hours to complete, you're also being rude while you're requesting.

Which, frankly, makes me think you don't understand how this whole "requesting" thing works; see, the modders aren't being paid to make stuff that's requested. They aren't contractually obligated to fulfill requests either.

Those modders that do, do it out of their goodwill, and offending them isn't going to make them spend the huge amount of time to make what you want.

I'm not telling you to make the mods you want; I am merely suggesting that you should be civil when you're asking for help.

As I mentioned in another thread, I was in the process of doing it with a friend of mine, but considering everyone wants to use their own version of a body + create their own version via BodySlide + have actual collision and not simply have pauldrons and cloth flaps clipping through everything + maybe want to use Morphs a la RaceMenu + BS, you might as well save yourself the trouble and not do it since there are too many variables to deal with from the community.

Don't even get me started on the Havok Tools, sweet baby Talos those things are fickle sometimes. Did you know that the 64bit version doesn't work with certain Max versions unless you do a default install, and not a custom directory? True story.

I'm still holding out hope that SMP will be released soon with dev. documentation, if that does happen within the year, you will most likely get what you want, but in the mean time, I'm pretty sure no one will be damned enough to go out of their way to setup all the proper collision/limit functions to the vanilla armor, it's simply too much work for all the hundreds of unique pieces. SMP would simplify the whole process on a technical level.

Not only are you asking for a project that would take dozens of hours to complete, you're also being rude while you're requesting.

Which, frankly, makes me think you don't understand how this whole "requesting" thing works; see, the modders aren't being paid to make stuff that's requested. They aren't contractually obligated to fulfill requests either.

Those modders that do, do it out of their goodwill, and offending them isn't going to make them spend the huge amount of time to make what you want.

I'm not telling you to make the mods you want; I am merely suggesting that you should be civil when you're asking for help.

Coming from a person named "Keyboard Warrior", does that really surprise you? :D

I too want to feed the big ugly troll! I also would like more clothes  (and not necessarily armor) to  support hdt !

Well you could visit chinese website there are a bit more... But you know, in an adult community you get mostly adult mods.

So yeah in the end, if you want it and can't make it, you could make a request...

- In a polite tone

- Without insults, implied or not

- With a clear projet in head

- And you have to accept no one may be interested in it

I know this require a bit of work and thought but judging by the way you write you are capable of doing such a thing...

In the meantime, enjoy your weighted vagina... or not.

Coming from a person named "Keyboard Warrior", does that really surprise you? :D

To be honest, no, it does not.

There's barely any good armor ones. And I mean ones that aren't skimpy armor mods. HDT has been out for well over a year now, and nobody has thought to make Vanilla armor conversions into HDT? Seriously? I get that this is a HUGE focus of the Skyrim modding community but come on. Can't we have a TINY bit of variety?

inb4 "IF U WUNT IT SO MUHC DO IT URSELF LOL", because that's the #1 argument when someone requests something perfectly reasonable and the majority dislikes it.

Well, unlike the jerk-offs that have replied so far (not to say that every reply has come from a jerk-off, but you know who you are), I don't see this as either entitled or unreasonable. It was, in fact, pretty much the same thought I had about 6 months ago when I did all this for myself (with more than a little help from numerous others) after finding that no one had done it, and it didn't seem like anyone was likely to.

So, here's how you can get more-or-less what you want, but you will have to put some effort into it, but only a little. But the end result is that you'll have what you want set up to your own specific tastes, and fuck all the haters.

First, you need this: http://kgtools.org/clothing-converter/download/

Get that installed, then just find the body, clothes, and armor(s) that you want and use the body as the template to paint the armors/clothes. You may or may not also want to go the extra step of actually adding the hdtpe xml to the meshes. It won't give you quite the same results that someone with years of mesh work experience can get, but it'll get you at least 85-90% of the way there without ever opening 3DS Max or Blender. So if you're aren't overly picky, it's a quick-ish and dirty way to get all the vanilla stuff with HDT weight painting.

One tip though... a lot of the true vanilla (as in the meshes from Bethesda) are really low poly and look horrible with HDT. Find high-poly versions of vanilla armors and clothes, and use those.

You could also try requesting it politely instead of having such a bitchy title you know...
This definitely won't win anyone over who wasn't supporting this idea anyway.

So, here's how you can get more-or-less what you want, but you will have to put some effort into it, but only a little. But the end result is that you'll have what you want set up to your own specific tastes, and fuck all the haters.

if you did that 6 month ago, why don't you just send it to him?

and if you really did that, why didn't you used that?

MWxxKpL.jpg

if you did that 6 month ago, why don't you just send it to him?

and if you really did that, why didn't you used that?

MWxxKpL.jpg

Protip: spoiler tags are awesome.

A ) No one asked, and even if they had...

B ) I don't have permissions to redistribute any of the meshes I painted.

C ) He and I may not be using the same body, which is nearly certain since I use my own custom body.

D ) I mod only for myself now because of all the holier-than-thou whiny ass douchebaggery that goes on, but...

E ) At least I don't post screen shots of stuff I'll never share, and any way...

F ) I'm not actually all that good at any of this, but doing it makes me happy.

Aside from all that, Outfit studio pretty much sucks for anything beyond the most basic of work, and even then it has a fucktarded habit of screwing up mesh offsets. I'm focusing on 3DS Max instead, which can actually do stuff. Also, OS' weight copy functionality isn't that great. Mesh rigger does a much, much better job for quick'n'dirty weight copying.

I got that, extracted it, aaaaaaannd that's as far as i got.  What do i do with this thing?

Well, reading the docs is always a good place to start. There's not a lot to it. And this is a good place to get help: http://www.loverslab.com/topic/27557-new-clothing-body-style-converter-beta-v089f-10-26-2014/ Like I said, you'll have to do a bit of work, but it'll be worth it. The hardest part is going to be finding high poly meshes you like. But basically, after that, you just throw them in a directory, point mesh rigger at whatever body you want to copy the weights from and turn it loose against your armors/clothes. Then somewhere between a few minutes and a few hours, depending on how many meshes you want it to copy weights to, you'll have your weighted meshes. But you might have to read for 5-10 minutes first to find out how to run it.

Hahaha good job foreveraloneguy basically saying "do it yourself", man that is so funny... why do you think he says that he doesn't wanna hear that and hears that all the time because he wants others to do it and then served on a silver tablet. (and that is why most people react that way)

BTW:

Vanilla in High Poly with BBP for example: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/59960/?(you will find enough low poly ones for any bodymesh there is just an example)

That would do the HDT for breast and butt with the vanilla meshes, If you want HDT for the skirt part of the vanilla meshes, blabba put out a skirt xml ages ago, just add it to the mesh as a path, Everything has been done ages ago.

RANTING:

Seriousky the tone from start to finish is just funny, like paying customers complaining, editing hdt xmls is like copying weights in outfit studio a 5 minute job that everyone can do, that is why so many do it and that there are so many iterations of it, fitting different tastes, that is modding, if you don't like how something is change it, and maybe share it, that is the community part. But complaining that there are so many iterations and saying that people should do with "their" free time something else because you think this or that is better and basically saying people wasted their free time for useless stuff because you would liked other stuff or share their stuff and you don't like it, seriously what fucked up vunderstanding of a community can you have. 

I got that, extracted it, aaaaaaannd that's as far as i got.  What do i do with this thing?

Well, reading the docs is always a good place to start. There's not a lot to it. And this is a good place to get help: http://www.loverslab.com/topic/27557-new-clothing-body-style-converter-beta-v089f-10-26-2014/ Like I said, you'll have to do a bit of work, but it'll be worth it. The hardest part is going to be finding high poly meshes you like. But basically, after that, you just throw them in a directory, point mesh rigger at whatever body you want to copy the weights from and turn it loose against your armors/clothes. Then somewhere between a few minutes and a few hours, depending on how many meshes you want it to copy weights to, you'll have your weighted meshes. But you might have to read for 5-10 minutes first to find out how to run it.

I read the documentation, followed each step (though i understood very little of what i was doing), and wound up with a buttload of "out of index" (or something like that) errors.  I"m trying to get the hang of Outfit Studio, but that doesn't really make much sense to me either.  

I understand that for you, this xml...stuff, is easy, for others, like me, it's just random gibberish.  

A ) No one asked, and even if they had...

B ) I don't have permissions to redistribute any of the meshes I painted.

C ) He and I may not be using the same body, which is nearly certain since I use my own custom body.

D ) I mod only for myself now because of all the holier-than-thou whiny ass douchebaggery that goes on, but...

E ) At least I don't post screen shots of stuff I'll never share, and any way...

F ) I'm not actually all that good at any of this, but doing it makes me happy.

a) didn't the one that create that topic ask for it?

b  ) that joke again, i never ask anything to anyone, and i never had any problem, until i switch to demonica (that wasn't because i didn't ask anything to krista, as if she had rights on victoria 4.2 or unp outfits, it was because i wasn't giving credit to her for the stuff i was uploading)

c) so what, you don't see much the body with vanilla armors

e) before i was putting the nif under the screens, but that was before (it's only problems to upload, so i no longer waste my time to do it) (it's a problem i didn't stop posting screens of it too?)

Archived