The Missing Panties

Recently I've begun noticing a phenomena, many of the female NPCs in my game are suddenly missing their panties and thongs. I've checked the meshes, both with nifskope and bodyslide 2, and the thongs and panties DO show up there every time without fail. But in the game they show up for some armors and not for others.

When undertaking my due diligence, I came across a site that talked about the HDT Havok Object taking up Slot 48 and how that was a common slot for female underwear. Now I DO NOT have the HDT Havok Object, but I'm wondering if I have something like it. I can't think of anything that I have that would be so universal as to be taking up this slot (or any slot) on ALL the female NPCs in the game. But I thought maybe someone on here has had similar problems and might be better versed then I am in what could be causing this phenomena.

Here is a print out of all the mods I currently have installed (its long list I know, but if you already know what to look for, maybe) can anyone tell me if any of these would be doing that. Or could tell me the type of mods that commonly do this. Mostly what I have are simple outfit mods - I don't see how any of them could be casing the problem. As for much of the SexLab mods, I'm pretty ignorant as to exactly how they work in game, maybe one of them are known for causing something like this and I just haven't heard of it.

Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp
Dawnguard.esm
Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp
HearthFires.esm
Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp
Dragonborn.esm
Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp
SexLab.esm
PSQ PlayerSuccubusQuest.esm
SexLabAroused.esm
ApachiiHairFemales.esm
RSkyrimChildren.esm
CreatureFramework.esm
hdtHighHeel.esm
Inn Girls Resources.esm
ZaZAnimationPack.esm
ApachiiHair.esm
Cutting Room Floor.esp
WoodFairyBBP.esp
Werewolves Occurring Naturally.esp
WerewolfLoot.esp
Velveteen Armor.esp
Vampire Lord Loot.esp
traditionalmarriage.esp
Tiger Armor.esp
Tentacle Armor.esp
SUN Magic Armor.esp
Stalker Armor.esp
Solstheim Landscape Overhaul.esp
Sylphid.esp
SnowElfCrown.esp
Snake Armor.esp
Sloth Armor.esp
Silverlight Armor.esp
Sexy Nun Robe.esp
Sexy Kunoichi 2nd Armor.esp
Sextreme-All.esp
SexLabNudeCreatures.esp
SexLabNudeCreaturesDB.esp
SexLabNudeCreaturesDG.esp
SexLabDefeat.esp
SexLab Aroused Creatures.esp
Savage Armor.esp
Rogue Armor.esp
Sovngarde Steel Armor and Weapons.esp
Princess of Flowers.esp
Priestess Of Dibella Armor.esp
Open Dragon Priest Masks.esp
Open Dragon Priest Masks Dragonborn.esp
UIExtensions.esp
NS_HuntingGroundsOutfit.esp
Eterna.esp
ADEC Dragonborn Armor Replacer.esp
Remodeled Armor - Dragonborn.esp
MoreNastyCritters.esp
numenume bikini.esp
NiuNiu Cow Bikini.esp
MBWSFrea_CBBE.esp
Nero Armor.esp
Matching Set Perk Fix.esp
Dread Huntress Armor.esp
Krev The Skinner's Mantle.esp
Mammoth Lord.esp
Animated Dragon Wings.esp
ADEC Dawnguard Armor Replacer.esp
HeartSong.esp
Lady Bat.esp
Ivy Valentine v1.1.esp
Divine Huntress.esp
Enhanced Crossbows Enhanced.esp
Lady Flirt Outfit.esp
Milker Armor.esp
MashupCHSBHC.esp
Sexy Lich King Armor.esp
Kara Armor.esp
MBWSSeranaRR_CBBE.esp
Hentai Mixed Armor.esp
Aradia Living Armor.esp
Menace.esp
IndividualizedShoutCooldowns.esp
Dark Brotherhood Delay Start.esp
GemBikini.esp
FrostBite Armor.esp
NiaOutfitTBBP.esp
Lich King's Armor.esp
Bad Lady.esp
Bosmer Scout.esp
Gatti2Misogi.esp
Nightshade Armor.esp
Frostmourne.esp
FreeMem.esp
Fancy Dress.esp
Flame Atronach Armor.esp
Fizz Candies Lingerie.esp
Feybust Armor.esp
bosmer-lingerie.esp
Ivy Valentine Armor.esp
Feather Bikini.esp
SkySight-Simply-Bigger-Trees-Slower-Branches.esp
Immersive Wenches.esp
TS_BloodOmNomNom.esp
AddChoices01.esp
Civil War Repairs.esp
HentaiCreatures.esp
Run For Your Lives.esp
EMCompViljaSkyrim.esp
SexLab-Stories.esp
Mudcrab_talker.esp
CerwidenCompanion.esp
Manbreakerv1_1.esp
Statues.esp
KnockedUp.esp
DremoraDawn.esp
Storefront.esp
MilkModNEW.esp
PSB Outfits.esp
KhajiitChildren.esp
ISD_Ascalon.esp
Fang of Haynekhtnamet.esp
MaidenRaven.esp
vMYC_MeetYourCharacters.esp
LB Lady Arcana.esp
Daedric Crescent.esp
Doomed Valkyrie Armor.esp
EleidonWard.esp
Fairytale.esp
Gauntlets Gluttonous Power.esp
Gothic Girl.esp
Lady Underworld.esp
Lydia Armor.esp
Neo's Slave Leia.esp
Save The King.esp
SixBreastedBodySuit.esp
Tentacle Parasite.esp
ThunderBird Armor.esp
Witch Of The Wild.esp
Lady Death Armor.esp
Elven Princess.esp
Dementia Outfit.esp
DonMichHeels.esp
Lady of Death.esp
Ursine Armor Pack.esp
MilkModNEW ZaZ.esp
Gehenoth.esp
Vamp Dress.esp
dc-untamed-000.esp
SelinaKyle.esp
Healer Robes.esp
Boots Blinding Speed.esp
Witch Elf Armor.esp
EMViljaInSolstheimAddOn.esp
OCR-ViljaPatch.esp
Deadly Wenches.esp
dwbp.esp
Dragon Song Armor.esp
yangyang_BeanSidhe.esp
Milker Movil Armor.esp
RSChildren - Complete.esp
No More Sexy Female Children - ENG.esp
dD-No Spinning Death Animation.esp
Schwertleite Armor Set.esp
dD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Realistic.esp
Void Armor.esp
Evening Star.esp
DCSorceress.esp
DawnguardDelayedStart20.esp
Leave me alone Bryjolf.esp
DawnbreakerSunDamage.esp
Captain's Shield.esp
Daedric Chainmail.esp
calyps-bosmer.esp
Enable Soul Cairn Map.esp
KCEFlameBikini.esp
Black Puppet Armor.esp
RaceMenuPlugin.esp
SexLab Dangerously Nude.esp
Arvak Lesser Power.esp
Werewolf Aftermath Re-Equipper.esp
Black Widow.esp
Chaurus Queen.esp
When Vampires Attack.esp
Chainmail Bikini.esp
Black Lotus.esp
SeniorsWearVanilla.esp
No More Sexy Old Women - ENG.esp
ADEC Armor Replacer.esp
Fixes and Improvements.esp
Catwoman Suit.esp
Lore Friendly Ebony Mail.esp
CallofValorFix.esp
SkyUI.esp
TradeBarter.esp
Cheatbook 2.2.esp
soulgem-oven.esp
Dadagstella.esp
Angelic Armors.esp
Auto Unequip Ammo.esp
Black Books Begone.esp
BBB Scroll Rack.esp
ADEC_SuccubusArmor.esp
Elven Sniper.esp
Aradia Gold Lady.esp
cattleya.esp
notastudent.esp
KCEDeathBell.esp
Aura Whisper No Guard Warnings.esp
Succubus Armor.esp
Black Dragon Armor.esp
KCEIceBikini.esp
Hermaeus Mora's Caress.esp
Aradia Leather Armor.esp
Scythe Weapon.esp
RaceMenu.esp
Unique Uniques.esp
Corinthian Armor.esp
AlynShirArmor.esp
Loadscreens Extended.esp
Improved Rahgot.esp
1nivWICCloaks.esp
Bashed Patch, 0.esp
SexLabWerewolves.esp
Werewolves.esp

Thanks for anyone's help with this. I am using a xpmse skeleton and using SKSE with a bunch of SKSE plugins if that's relevant.

Panties are often on slot 52. I'd look to see if another mod is using that slot.

Thanks for the tip, my problem is I don't know what type of mod to look for. If I know what mod was doing this, I'd browse through until I found the offending slot. But I really doubt that "SUN Magic Armor" is to blame for example.

Your auto unequip mod seems like the most likely culprit even though it's intended for ammo only.

If that doesn't work, follow a simple pattern of disabling half your mods and test. Run LOOT utility to prevent crashes after each change and rinse and repeat. You'll have your answer much faster than if you try each individually.

Your auto unequip mod seems like the most likely culprit even though it's intended for ammo only.

If that doesn't work, follow a simple pattern of disabling half your mods and test. Run LOOT utility to prevent crashes after each change and rinse and repeat. You'll have your answer much faster than if you try each individually.

Yeah, I know that method, I've done it many, many times, going all the way back to Oblivion. I use to check them all individually too, then started doing alphabetically, disabling all the "A"s, then all the "B"s, then all the "C"s. etc. etc. I just hoped maybe there was a random chance someone might know what it was, what did I have to loose? lol. I'll try the auto unequip and see if that's it. Thanks.

EDIT:

Turns out it isn't the auto unequip, bummer.

• 4 weeks later...

Deactivated EVERY mod, only Skyrim and the official DLC (Dragonborn, Hearthfires and Dawnguard - although I think I may have deactivated "update") and the panties are STILL missing. So whatever is causing this is NOT an esp/esm file. Is there some kind of mod that could do this without an esp/esm file?

I would start with whichever mod it is that actually adds the panties and thongs that aren't showing. Double check which slot is assigned to their meshes, and that the same slot is set for the armour and armour add-on entries in the Creation Kit. If all three don't match the item will be invisible in the game. Also ensure the nifs are set to route to the correct textures. Then if that's all set up as it should be, make a note of which armours the panties show up with, and which they don't. Then have a look in the Creation Kit and compare an armour that works to one that doesn't to see if you can spot any differences that might explain why. In particular, I'd look at which slots they use.

Main armour pieces always use slot 32 for the armour entry, but often include an extra slot or two in the armour add-on entry. That way they occupy slot 32 but also hide anything worn in some other slots. It's quite common, for example, for slots 34 (forearms) and 38 (calves) to be included in the armour add-on entry. So the armour, armour add-on and nif will all use slot 32, but with 34 and 38 included in the add-on, wearing the armour will hide (but not remove) whatever you have in the forearms and calves slot.

I would start with whichever mod it is that actually adds the panties and thongs that aren't showing. Double check which slot is assigned to their meshes, and that the same slot is set for the armour and armour add-on entries in the Creation Kit. If all three don't match the item will be invisible in the game. Also ensure the nifs are set to route to the correct textures. Then if that's all set up as it should be, make a note of which armours the panties show up with, and which they don't. Then have a look in the Creation Kit and compare an armour that works to one that doesn't to see if you can spot any differences that might explain why. In particular, I'd look at which slots they use.

Main armour pieces always use slot 32 for the armour entry, but often include an extra slot or two in the armour add-on entry. That way they occupy slot 32 but also hide anything worn in some other slots. It's quite common, for example, for slots 34 (forearms) and 38 (calves) to be included in the armour add-on entry. So the armour, armour add-on and nif will all use slot 32, but with 34 and 38 included in the add-on, wearing the armour will hide (but not remove) whatever you have in the forearms and calves slot.

This was pretty close to the problem. I don't use any one vanilla replacer, but mix and match several and a few of the replacer meshes required that slot 48 be included in the armor add-on entry. But because I didn't use that replacer's esp file (since I only used a couple of those outfits) the slot was never included. By making a custom esp file for only the meshes I'm using from that mod author, it seems to have solved this problem.

Archived