The expression preset are a bit few but the mod is amazing, it work without issue.

There are several reasons for the limited number of presets.

First, the actual amount of control you get over the face is quite limited, especially the mouth.  There are basically two different ways to control the face: Full-face expressions (what Skyrim itself uses on NPCs) and individual tweaks such as the phonemes.  To a very large degree, the full-face expressions are the only way to achieve certain looks.  There is only one setting that provides a smile, for example; the individual tweaks give no control over mouth curvature.

Second, the individual tweaks are what is responsible for the twitching face phenomenon.  Unlike the full-face expressions, the tweaks essentially duke it out with the game's dialogue engine.  So the irony is that it is preferable to try to limit usage of the individual tweaks.

Third is the fact that the expression system is what ultimately drove me away from modding for a year, because of its inherent frustrations and limitations, so while there is a framework in place that could have allowed for dozens of presets, I ultimately just left it at five.  In some ways, what I released is still incomplete.

Fourth: In the end, what qualifies as an aroused expression?  There isn't much.  The "dazed" expression, which I personally use, is really about it.  The customizable presets are there for anyone who has a different idea, though one is just as likely to be frustrated by the limitations as I was.

Still a lot fatal abort tho.

That'll happen when 1: NiOverride isn't available, 2: there aren't enough face slots.  In the latter case, it can happen when 1: you haven't enabled face slots in nioverride.ini, 2: another mod is interfering, resulting in you not having the listed requisite of two free slots per actor.  You can investigate the latter by taking advantage of SlaveTats' overlay slot overview.  Ultimately, though, whatever wrong is something that will be up to you to fix, because under the correct circumstances, this mod is not forced to report fatal aborts.

Some additional info about slots and aborts, please. For a week or two I use this mod and can't see any effect but this kind of messages:

How exactly can I get the required slot free and assign it to blash?

By the way, I have RaceMenu and not the NiOverride.

Racemenu has NiOverride included. If you check your SKSE plugins folder (normally found at \steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\data\skse\plugins) there will be a file called "nioverride.ini" (no quotes of-course) if you open that with notepad (or your favorite txt editor) find the line "bEnableFaceOverlays=" and make sure it looks like this "bEnableFaceOverlays=1".

That problem is most common when face overlays are disabled. And for some reason there are a few mods that try to disable it.

Some additional info about slots and aborts, please. For a week or two I use this mod and can't see any effect but this kind of messages:

Racemenu has NiOverride included. If you check your SKSE plugins folder (normally found at \steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\data\skse\plugins) there will be a file called "nioverride.ini" (no quotes of-course) if you open that with notepad (or your favorite txt editor) find the line "bEnableFaceOverlays=" and make sure it looks like this "bEnableFaceOverlays=1".

That problem is most common when face overlays are disabled. And for some reason there are a few mods that try to disable it.

Yes, it was:

bEnableFaceOverlays=0 ; Default[0]

and now it is:

bEnableFaceOverlays=1 ; Default[1]

And I get no abort messages from now on, but... still NO blash, no matter what are the MCM settings like (I seem to have already given a try to every combination). May this mod has a conflict with the Facelight mod by default? Or some another reason for NPC's impudence and their failure to blash?

Yes, it was:

and now it is:

And I get no abort messages from now on, but... still NO blash, no matter what are the MCM settings like (I seem to have already given a try to every combination). May this mod has a conflict with the Facelight mod by default? Or some another reason for NPC's impudence and their failure to blash?

Don't know to much about facelight mod. But My main guess would be that it requires a restart of the mod. Try making a new game and seeing if it works. If it does then you just need to reboot the mod. If it doesn't then it has a conflict.

Yes, it was:

and now it is:

Don't know to much about facelight mod. But My main guess would be that it requires a restart of the mod. Try making a new game and seeing if it works. If it does then you just need to reboot the mod. If it doesn't then it has a conflict.

Not  a couple of days passes without me starting a new game. This mod refuses to get to work. If only this blashing did not give it's MCM menu activated and totally functional at the first sight, if there were some other alarming symptoms (apart from those abort messages), I'd already got to the conclusion of some incompatibility... So, I have to keep waiting for a miracle, I guess.

Yes, it was:

and now it is:

Not  a couple of days passes without me starting a new game. This mod refuses to get to work. If only this blashing did not give it's MCM menu activated and totally functional at the first sight, if there were some other alarming symptoms (apart from those abort messages), I'd already got to the conclusion of some incompatibility... So, I have to keep waiting for a miracle, I guess.

Then I would guess something is conflicting. Facelight sounds like it might, but I can't be certain on that. As for the MCM menu not showing that can be fixed by opening the console with the ~ (tilde) key and typing "setStage SKI_ConfigManagerInstance 1" (again no quotes). And it should re-register all available MCM menus.

While you still here, small bug to report: even if vampires blush disabled, female vampires still blushes during sex. Have you fixed that in last version or can you fix it if not yet?

Ninja fixed.  Also sorted out a missed issue with how expressions initialize.  Re-download 1.3.

Vampires still blushing during sex...

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone has this problem? The Alcohol cause blush will not go away. I time it and everything. It just persisted. Haven't tried the skooma cause blush.

I also noticed this. I unchecked the box for alcohol in the MCM and even with it disabled drinking still gives permanent blush face.

Other than that, the mod works great.

Edited by totes22
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hmm. Despite changing the nioverride.ini for the profile to enable shader updates (despite the decap conflict issues), and increase face slots to 10, it continues to give the same fatal error.

im also having fatal errors even after increasing the face slots in the ini

Hmm. Despite changing the nioverride.ini for the profile to enable shader updates (despite the decap conflict issues), and increase face slots to 10, it continues to give the same fatal error.

im also having fatal errors even after increasing the face slots in the ini

This is the recipe:

If you check your SKSE plugins folder (normally found at \steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\data\skse\plugins) there will be a file called "nioverride.ini" (no quotes of-course) if you open that with notepad (or your favorite txt editor) find the line "bEnableFaceOverlays=" and make sure it looks like this "bEnableFaceOverlays=1".

• 3 weeks later...

I give up, can't get this mod to work. Tried everything, installing racemenu 3.4.1 - 3.4.4, set decapitationchance to 0, edits in nioverride.ini, setting faceoverlays to 5-200 whatever, disabling every mod that may apply textures to characters (apropos, frostall, slavetats, enhanced blood, rnd, etc..). It's always the same "Fatal abort: character requires 2 free face slots". I wonder what mod is it conflicting with, cant really go disabling them 1 by 1 as I have quite a few...

I give up, can't get this mod to work. Tried everything, installing racemenu 3.4.1 - 3.4.4, set decapitationchance to 0, edits in nioverride.ini, setting faceoverlays to 5-200 whatever, disabling every mod that may apply textures to characters (apropos, frostall, slavetats, enhanced blood, rnd, etc..). It's always the same "Fatal abort: character requires 2 free face slots". I wonder what mod is it conflicting with, cant really go disabling them 1 by 1 as I have quite a few...

Copy and past this into your racemenu nioovveride ini see if that works makes sure all taht is required works ive been using this mod for awhile it works wonderfully

[Debug] ; -1 to disable logging

; 0 - Fatal Error
; 1 - Error
; 2 - Warning
; 3 - Message
; 4 - Verbose Message
; 5 - Debug Message
iLogLevel=-1 ; Default[5]

[General]
; Changes the way overrides are loaded,
; 0 - Dynamic (delays loading on the first game load of the session, then immediately loads for all subsequent game loads of the session)
; 1 - Always Immediate (will always load overrides immediately)
; 2 - Always Delayed (will always pass overrides to the task manager)
; Previous versions were always set to 2, but I experienced CTD when loading
; subsequent saves of the same game session (like dying and reloading)
iLoadMode=0 ; Default[0]

; Parallizes computation of BodyMorphs on armor/bodies
bParallelMorphing=0 ; Default[0]

; Enables automatic reapplication of transforms on model load
bEnableAutoTransforms=1 ; Default[1]

; Determines scaling mode
; 0 - Multiplicative
; 1 - Averaged
; 2 - Additive
; 3 - Largest
iScaleMode=0

; Determines combination mode for BodyMorph
; 0 - Additive
; 1 - Averaged
; 2 - Largest
iBodyMorphMode=0

; Enables automatic transforms defined by 'SDTA' NiStringExtraData on shapes
; String Data: (Without semi-colon)
;[
;    {"name":"NPC L Breast", "scale": 4.0, "pos":[0, 0, 0], "rot":[0, 0, 0]},
;    {"name":"NPC R Breast", "scale": 4.0, "pos":[0, 0, 0], "rot":[0, 0, 0]}
;]
bEnableEquippableTransforms=1 ; Default[1]

; Amount of memory to be used by BodyMorph TRI cache
; cache will temporarily exceed this limit to load a TRI
; then remove least recently used entries until the 
; used memory is below this threshold
uBodyMorphMemoryLimit=256000000 ; Default[256000000]

; Enables Body Randomization based on guided files
bEnableBodyGen=1 ; Default[1]

[Overlays]
; Applies to only the player, or all humanoid actors NOT RECOMMENDED changing this, you can add overlays to certain actors via script
bPlayerOnly=1 ; Default[1]

; Determines whether face overlays are enabled
; disabling this disables the hook
; Note: face overlays are known to crash when decapitated
bEnableFaceOverlays=1 ; Default[0]

; Determines whether to immediately apply shader changes
; when overlays are installed on an ArmorAddon
bImmediateArmor=1 ; Default[1]

; Determines whether to immediately attach and apply shader changes
; when overlays are installed to the face
bImmediateFace=0 ; Default[0]

[Overlays/Body] ; "Body [Ovl#]" and "Body [sOvl#]"
; Determines how many body overlays there should be
iNumOverlays=20 ; Default[6]
iSpellOverlays=0 ; Default[0]

[Overlays/Hands] ; "Hands [Ovl#]" and "Hands [sOvl#]"
; Determines how many hand overlays there should be
iNumOverlays=20 ; Default[3]

[Overlays/Feet] ; "Feet [Ovl#]" and "Feet [sOvl#]"
; Determines how many feet overlays there should be

[Overlays/Face] ; "Face [Ovl#]" and "Face [sOvl#]"
; Determines how many face overlays there should be

[Overlays/Data]
; Assigns these alpha properties to all overlays when they are applied
; 4844, 128 is recommended for solid overlays (they will render correctly underwater)
; Changing the overlay's alpha value ingame acts like 4845 regardless of assigned flags
iAlphaFlags=4845 ; Default[4845]
iAlphaThreshold=0 ; Default[0]

sDefaultTexture=textures\actors\character\overlays\default.dds

save after!

Copy and past this into your racemenu nioovveride ini see if that works makes sure all taht is required works ive been using this mod for awhile it works wonderfully

[Debug] ; -1 to disable logging

; 0 - Fatal Error
; 1 - Error
; 2 - Warning
; 3 - Message
; 4 - Verbose Message
; 5 - Debug Message
iLogLevel=-1 ; Default[5]

[General]
; Changes the way overrides are loaded,
; 0 - Dynamic (delays loading on the first game load of the session, then immediately loads for all subsequent game loads of the session)
; 1 - Always Immediate (will always load overrides immediately)
; 2 - Always Delayed (will always pass overrides to the task manager)
; Previous versions were always set to 2, but I experienced CTD when loading
; subsequent saves of the same game session (like dying and reloading)
iLoadMode=0 ; Default[0]

; Parallizes computation of BodyMorphs on armor/bodies
bParallelMorphing=0 ; Default[0]

; Enables automatic reapplication of transforms on model load
bEnableAutoTransforms=1 ; Default[1]

; Determines scaling mode
; 0 - Multiplicative
; 1 - Averaged
; 2 - Additive
; 3 - Largest
iScaleMode=0

; Determines combination mode for BodyMorph
; 0 - Additive
; 1 - Averaged
; 2 - Largest
iBodyMorphMode=0

; Enables automatic transforms defined by 'SDTA' NiStringExtraData on shapes
; String Data: (Without semi-colon)
;[
;    {"name":"NPC L Breast", "scale": 4.0, "pos":[0, 0, 0], "rot":[0, 0, 0]},
;    {"name":"NPC R Breast", "scale": 4.0, "pos":[0, 0, 0], "rot":[0, 0, 0]}
;]
bEnableEquippableTransforms=1 ; Default[1]

; Amount of memory to be used by BodyMorph TRI cache
; cache will temporarily exceed this limit to load a TRI
; then remove least recently used entries until the 
; used memory is below this threshold
uBodyMorphMemoryLimit=256000000 ; Default[256000000]

; Enables Body Randomization based on guided files
bEnableBodyGen=1 ; Default[1]

[Overlays]
; Applies to only the player, or all humanoid actors NOT RECOMMENDED changing this, you can add overlays to certain actors via script
bPlayerOnly=1 ; Default[1]

; Determines whether face overlays are enabled
; disabling this disables the hook
; Note: face overlays are known to crash when decapitated
bEnableFaceOverlays=1 ; Default[0]

; Determines whether to immediately apply shader changes
; when overlays are installed on an ArmorAddon
bImmediateArmor=1 ; Default[1]

; Determines whether to immediately attach and apply shader changes
; when overlays are installed to the face
bImmediateFace=0 ; Default[0]

[Overlays/Body] ; "Body [Ovl#]" and "Body [sOvl#]"
; Determines how many body overlays there should be
iNumOverlays=20 ; Default[6]

[Overlays/Hands] ; "Hands [Ovl#]" and "Hands [sOvl#]"
; Determines how many hand overlays there should be

[Overlays/Feet] ; "Feet [Ovl#]" and "Feet [sOvl#]"
; Determines how many feet overlays there should be

[Overlays/Face] ; "Face [Ovl#]" and "Face [sOvl#]"
; Determines how many face overlays there should be

[Overlays/Data]
; Assigns these alpha properties to all overlays when they are applied
; 4844, 128 is recommended for solid overlays (they will render correctly underwater)
; Changing the overlay's alpha value ingame acts like 4845 regardless of assigned flags
iAlphaFlags=4845 ; Default[4845]
iAlphaThreshold=0 ; Default[0]

sDefaultTexture=textures\actors\character\overlays\default.dds

save after!

Nope, still fatal abort: actor needs 2 unused face slots... I guess something just conflicts with nioverride and doesnt let it add overlays. Be it skyrim.ini/skyrimprefs.ini tweaks or enb or whatever graphics enhacement mod (have tons of them).

In pretty much the same boat as Chekist. I have a feeling something with SlaveTats is responsible? Either that or one of the various beautification mods I have, makeup and so on. But if I'm needing to quintuple the number of face overlays and still getting a problem, I suspect something else afoot.

Just curious, is there a way to make a certain blush effect from this mod permanent/consistent? I just tried out this mod and I really liked the way my character looked when she had a light blush effect from drinking skooma, but the blush effect that triggered during sex looked ridiculous (it was so strong if looked like she was wearing war paint). I'm sure I could tweak it to look less ridiculous during sex given how customisable the options in the MCM are. But nonetheless, I was just wondering whether there's a way to apply a consistent blush effect and ignore the rest of the mod? Similar to how you can apply consistent overlays to the face/body with Slavetats?

In pretty much the same boat as Chekist. I have a feeling something with SlaveTats is responsible? Either that or one of the various beautification mods I have, makeup and so on. But if I'm needing to quintuple the number of face overlays and still getting a problem, I suspect something else afoot.

I have slavetats its not that and its definitely not any beautification mod.

Well if you want to give it another go here is some things you can try.

Skyrim Ini:

[Decals]
bDecalMultithreaded=1
bDecals=1
bForceAllDecals=1

SkryimPrefs.ini

[Display]

iMaxDecalsPerFrame=800

iMaxSkinDecalsPerFrame=250

[Decals]

bDecalMultithreaded=1

bDecalsOnSkinnedGeometry=1