Your favourite follower overhaul mod?

RebelInfernal

Hey guys,

Title says it all really...

So I'm just starting a new game (again) and I usually use UFO for my follower overhaul, but I wondered if the other follower overhaul mods out there are any better for me. Normally I would just save, test one out, load, test another out and so on, but this is my 5th game in as many weeks due to bugs, Mod Organiser flipping out, and computer issues, and I really would like to play rather than test mods for once. So...

What is your favourite follower overhaul and why?

Feel free to just say what it is, but if you all wouldn't mind could you please say what sort of game you play with them, for example do you run around with 10 followers and let them do all the work, or do you just have one or two and use them as a distraction?

Thanks a lot

Ah i got recommended to use EFF (extensible follower framework) and it looks pretty nice, with lots of features etc. Definitely better than UFO.

Only downside for me is that i can't seem to get it to work right, i have these $ signs infront of every text and it doesn't show me the stats of my followers. 

I'm using AFT, myself. My main reasons are more combat styles than EFF/UFO (e.g. Ranger), the possibility to teach my followers spells including special tweak spells (e.g. 'cast oakskin at the beginning of combat'), the very useful 'dismiss but hang around here' command, and good integration with convenient horses. Main drawbacks are that the whole configuration is dialogue-driven instead of menu driven and compatibility with follower mods is often worse than for the other big follower overhaul mods (there are patches for some, e.g. for interesting NPCs).

Follower Mod looks very interesting from the description, I have not yet tested it though.

Archived