Cant start alternative life

iggypop1

Hi

I have this problem with the alternative start mod it wont initialize anymore. I read somewhere  that some files have been overwritten by another mod

. Ok i tried to reinstall  but nothing, just a hanging loading screen. At one point i tried out another alternative start mod "Maria"

and it was after this try out (that did not succeed it crashed) the problem occured.  By the way i had to install Maria manuel  my NMM would not load it. Uninstalled"Maria" manuell

Now running fnis it reads"Maria "even its totally gone from my data files....? I dont understand this

I was looking through the thread after answer couldt not find.

I would be happy for any help ans suggestions to solve this

Iggy

Edit sorry for my english ...

Hi

I have this problem with the alternative start mod it wont initialize anymore. I read somewhere  that some files have been overwritten by another mod

. Ok i tried to reinstall  but nothing, just a hanging loading screen. At one point i tried out another alternative start mod "Maria"

and it was after this try out (that did not succeed it crashed) the problem occured.  By the way i had to install Maria manuel  my NMM would not load it. Uninstalled"Maria" manuell

Now running fnis it reads"Maria "even its totally gone from my data files....? I dont understand this

I was looking through the thread after answer couldt not find.

I would be happy for any help ans suggestions to solve this

Iggy

Edit sorry for my english ...

There's your problem right there.

Use Mod Organizer :)

For one yes I would suggest using Mod Organizer and if you're using Requiem I would suggest putting alternate start below that so make sure it is at the bottom of your loadorder.

Yeah i know NMM sucks..... but thats not the problem now right ?  I just need to know how to repair this, so i can use Another life again i dont care for "Maria"

Im not using Reqium and i have" Another life" last in last order ive read somewhere that it could be loose scripts or something

And fnis is reading Maria..... i dont get it .....so there is something telling fnis its there ,but what?

Help anybody.....

Reinstall the broken mod and let it overwrite. The problem is you removed a mod apparently and NMM couldn't replace the overwritten file because you uninstalled something and not in the opposite order it was installed in. (This is where MO really kicks NMM's ass. It never overwrites stuff so these broken bits don't get left in your game.)

Reinstall the broken mod and let it overwrite. The problem is you removed a mod apparently and NMM couldn't replace the overwritten file because you uninstalled something and not in the opposite order it was installed in. (This is where MO really kicks NMM's ass. It never overwrites stuff so these broken bits don't get left in your game.)

Theory: you have some vanilla scripts in your data\scripts folder that are taking precedence over the ones packed in the alternate start mod.

thanks for reply

The problem with this mod "Maria/Eden" (for me) is that NMM will not read it, it reports failure when trying to install , i did a manuell install so i cant use NMM to "clean" my data.

I believe the thing with loose vanilla scripts   but  how to i clean this up, there is a lot of scripts in my data so how do i recognize the culprit?

Thanx iggy

Edit about the fnis thing. was my bad, had forgot some Maria/eden dance animations ..so no more Maris in fnis

I am having the same problem here. When I just untagged it and then started skyrim nothing was the matter. So something is weird on that program. I am rather new in this but not so new that I know that there must be a conflict going on that somehow none of the programs is making any record of. It just... starts the begin, but then it should go to the menu where you can start your game, it just locks off. Boom and gone. No message, no record of what went wrong, no text on what to do about it... I think it has to do with a little scripting error in Fnis itself perhaps. It started with me after I had installed it with a mod manager program. 

P.S. I do not even have many mods, I am still in the process to get it working properly to start with... :P

Theory: you have some vanilla scripts in your data\scripts folder that are taking precedence over the ones packed in the alternate start mod.

I believe the thing with loose vanilla scripts ...

The thing with vanilla scripts is why people tell you to use MO.

Problem is you've now mixed up manual messing and NMM install/uninstall, possibly doing this in the past is the root cause of the issue.

NMM uses a Last in first out system and is usually OK if you only use NMM, most users seem to have issues uninstalling Mods with NMM and I suspect most if not all of them changed something manually first.

I have never used it, as I researched Modding and chose MO from the start, NMM cannot handle manual changes to the Mods at all, it works by recording every file change and backing up replaced ones, then to Uninstall reverses the process.

Once you've done a single manual you can no longer use NMM reliably (if you ever could).

This is my understanding of how all Data Folder Managers work, with NMM the only choice is then to use Manual reinstalling to what the exact files were before any manual edits were used, NMM can then continue from that point.

Too often though mixing between using NMM and manual has totally trashed things before help is sought and a complete reinstall is the only option.

People get by by never fixing the actual issue, just doing emergency running repairs and continuing to use faulty (for NMM) manual methods, until everythings totally broken.

Gopher who often uses Non Nexus and custom mods succesfully, always makes an archive and installs it using NMM. SkSE's Data Folder Section is an example he uses in his SkSE Guide.

@ SimGandr

Starting over with MO is my recommendation. If you stick with NMM don't do anything manually.

Use Gopher's Guides

Gopher's Guides are particularly helpful for migrating an existing character, which he does with his Let's Play Characters, he is a full time YouTuber and they are his most valuable assets, showing how to safely transfer from NMM to MO (Make Archives in short) and shows how easy it actually is.

When it's not been manually edited of course.

The New Vegas ones are still being made, Skyrim is complete.

Mod Organizer - Skyrim Guide by Gopher - YouTube PlayList

Mod Organizer - Fallout New Vegas Guide by Gopher - YouTube PlayList

Hey i found this

http://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/comments/1kah38/cant_start_a_new_game_with_alternate_start_live/

The answer , as i understand ,is that there are some old disconnected scripts,i have to delete but.........im scarred to do mistakes so

My problem is that i cant read(understand) my papyrus log its over spammed if some body please will take a look on the log and maybe tell me what to delete

I have  0,1,2,3, logs witch one?

Script.7z

Are there a kind soul out there so please help with this

Iggy

Ok i found out how to open BSA but it leaves no trace in my script folder. the pex stays in BSA

I went to steam to validate  cache integrity  : it told me it could not validate one file but it will be "fetched "(bad english) i  think its  an vanilla start of the game.

Did no change. MO gives me a warning that Alternate Life  esp should be activated or my game will crash. It is activated! but in NMM (im in transition to MO)

???

• 2 weeks later...

Hi again

Im still struggling to find out why i cant star alternate life (after installing Maria-Eden things went wrong)

Today i was looking on my Papyrus Log that tells me: Cannot open store class"mariaedenmasterscript", missing file?..........What?

As far as i know i removed manually every trace of said mod, so what does this mean?

Anybody?......help

Don't use NMM and MO at the same time. It defeats the entire purpose of MO. Take your NMM folder that has all your mods in it and put it in a safe place then delete NMM altogether. Do a clean reinstall of Skyrim. Then install the mods from your NMM mod folder into Mod Organizer. You should also be able to go to documents/my games/Skyrim and take your gamesaves to put into MO's save folder (only take the .ess files and not the .SKSE saves).

Don't use NMM and MO at the same time. It defeats the entire purpose of MO. Take your NMM folder that has all your mods in it and put it in a safe place then delete NMM altogether. Do a clean reinstall of Skyrim. Then install the mods from your NMM mod folder into Mod Organizer. You should also be able to go to documents/my games/Skyrim and take your gamesaves to put into MO's save folder (only take the .ess files and not the .SKSE saves).

i will do that....but... why does the log say this about missing master (maria eden)  ?

Thanks

Is it something baked into your gamesave?

I tried to clean this save with scalpel and savegamecleaner but  it persists .

I dont know if it is this that is the culprit that i cant start Alternate Life

I just dont understand it

http://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/comments/1kah38/cant_start_a_new_game_with_alternate_start_live/

I found one of those files, and erased it, to no avail :(

Ok something had happen in the cleaning process.

Just installed Alternate Beginning again and what!.......it works.......yeah

The downside is  that i dont know what i did to make it work other than cleaning so...........

Man so happy thanks for the help every body

cleaning......cleaning.........cleaning   must be the answer 

Iggy :heart:

Archived