[WIP] Furniture Interaction Framework - for NPCs and Player

Roggvir

The Function Racetoscale WORKS !!!!!!!!!

The Actors are scaled up or down to Value of 1 and Fit onto the furniture

post-8713-0-00908900-1425475504_thumb.jpg

I cannot stress the importance of nav meshes the zbf test zone needs a good nav mesh as do all mods that place furniture

The Function Racetoscale WORKS !!!!!!!!!

The Actors are scaled up or down to Value of 1 and Fit onto the furniture

attachicon.gifRTS.jpg

I cannot stress the importance of nav meshes the zbf test zone needs a good nav mesh as do all mods that place furniture

Yeah, navmesh is always important - Elrindir in Drunken Huntsman knows all about it, everytime he wants to go pee, he must do it behind the counter!

And over the years, he got so used to it, that even when moving the counter to give him enough space to squeeze by it, he still mostly prefers to stay there and... well, no wonder he hasn't got many customers in that stinking place.

But if you are hinting that it should help with my SetScale problem, then please be more specific, because i dont see how.

IF the RaceToScale keyword can be added to all the animations, then yes, that would solve it all, but if it can be added only to furniture, then it will solve it only for the actor in furniture (and only as long as no anim breaks his "sitting" state).

I dont want to sound ungrateful, i am just trying to understand.

Ahh ,

Racetoscale will only work for furniture , I dont know how to implement it for other animations , even paired animations and kill moves dont do that .

The only place I have seen it done in Sexlab where the heights are evened and can be toggled in the MCM menu 

Cheers

Ahh ,

Racetoscale will only work for furniture , I dont know how to implement it for other animations , even paired animations and kill moves dont do that .

The only place I have seen it done in Sexlab where the heights are evened and can be toggled in the MCM menu 

Cheers

I can imagine one possibility of how to make RaceToScale work for all actors...

I am placing dynamic markers, and using SetVehicle to attach the actors to them.

These markers are a furniture, except they have no visual model or collision.

I could create many special markers (one per interaction type, yet not for all i guess, many could share same marker),

add the RaceToScale keyword to them, and then i could make actors actually sit in those markers and the RaceToScale would do its job.

BUT, then the animations played by the actor must never break actor's "sitting" state.

So, for example, all the pillory animations, regardless of whether it is for actor A or B, would have to be a "sitting" furniture animations (dont know the correct terminology, but i hope you understand what i mean).

I think there is no problem in that (i think even old mods should be still compatible), apart from the fact that i have no clue what amount of work would it take to make those anims into furniture anims.

...and thats only the animations from ZaZ Anim Pack, now what about all the animations made by other ppl - they would have to do the same thing, and i wouldn't really expect that to be happening on any massive scale, thus rendering all their non-furniture anims unusable by my framework.

And all this discussion and work only because one tiny silly simple function (setScale) which is broken, what an incredible waste of time and resources :(

I wish there wouls be a way of just using the SetScale, so we wouldn't need to complicate things more than they already are.

btw. pitty we cant use a "multi-sit-marker" furniture, like benches where several actors can sit on same furniture, i think that would solve ALL problems - except of course, in case of Vanilla furniture (i can imagine they would have to be modded, and then there would surely be some new issues).

Seems like no matter what, you just can't win :-)

I decided to put the SetScale problem on hold, and continue the work regardless of this issue.

I am not giving up on finding a solution, but it seems i hit the wall for now, so it may be a good idea to move my focus towards finishing other features.

Maybe, during normal play, the crashes wont happen, as the scaling may not occur on same character often enough.

In the worst case, i can leave the scaling as optional, toggleable setting.

If I got that right, this Framework will allow mods to Play sex animations on exisiting furnitures? So there wouldn't have to be placed a chair or something out of nowhere just to Play the Animation?

If yes then that's pretty great, because it'S one of the Major things that bugged me with SexLab Overall. Keep it up then.

Well , An update from my end .

I have modified the older furniture and their animations and integrated them into ZAP ESM , Working on the newer Furniture now not including the milk machines cause I will work on them better later on without a rush they have too many animations with which need to be modified and exported 

Cheers

If I got that right, this Framework will allow mods to Play sex animations on exisiting furnitures? So there wouldn't have to be placed a chair or something out of nowhere just to Play the Animation?

If yes then that's pretty great, because it'S one of the Major things that bugged me with SexLab Overall. Keep it up then.

Yes, thats my goal - ideally you should just load the game with this framework active, and that should instantly allow you to use furniture that already exist in the world (including any furniture placed by any other mod).

No need to "spawn" a chair as part of started animation, the animations will use a chair/bed/bench/pillory/whetever already existing in the world.

Currently it provides only three ways of how to make something happen, but that will change, or i'll add other ways:

1. You talk to an NPC and you'll get options like "get on that chair", or "get in that pillory", etc., based on unused furniture found nearby.

The NPC will get in the nearest unused furniture of given type, and then you are be able to start various interactions (or animations if you will), depending on what given furniture allows (which is moddable, so ppl can add new interactions as various anims become available over time - without the need to make any changes to the framework - a bit similar of how you register new animations with SexLab, although completely different).

So, once your NPC is in the furniture, you can talk to them again and choose from options like "let's have some nice time" or "i am gonna fuck your ass", or whatever is available, and that will start the appropriate animation.

Then after the animation finishes, depending on how the interaction process is defined, the NPC will leave the furniture (in case of most consensual interactions), or stay in it (ie. in case of pillories and such), so you can continue with other interactions right away, until you "release" the NPC from the furniture by telling them "that's enough" or something like that.

2. Like in previous example, you talk to NPC to order them into a furniture, and then you tell them "I am gonna let others have some fun",

which makes random nearby NPC pick a random interaction/animation, walk over there, do the deed.

Once one NPC finishes, other NPC might jump in, and then another, etc. (with some random timeouts maybe - thats still to be tweaked), until you again "release" the NPC from furniture.

Or you can approach any other NPC and tell them "You should have some fun", and they will choose from any random NPC already in furniture (you can order several NPCs to get in furniture - limited only by number of "furniture threads", which is 10 by default, but can be 100 if you computer can handle that), go there, and start random furniture-specific interaction.

3. You can make a quest, or scene, or a spell, where you can use the framework functions to make predetermined or random NPCs perform some interactions as you need fro your story or whatever.

This will be a subject of changes in the future, i am only 90% satisfied with how the player interaction system works.

And i will probably add means of selecting particular furniture - not the nearest one, but the one you point at.

Also, current system is based around player being the one in control, ie. the one telling the NPCs what to do, so i still need to implement a way for the player to be the one who is being "used" by NPCs, but it will use the same functions that are already implemented, i just need to find the best way of how to initiate the action in such case (can be that random NPCs will go and use player once he "sits" in some furniture, probably with followers having precedence over other NPCs, or maybe implementing some kind of menu for the player to choose particular NPC nearby - that is still to be determined).

Cheer you up!!

I check this topic twice a week. waiting for a good news. ^^

Thank you, much appreciated, it helps to boost my morale :)

Well , An update from my end .

I have modified the older furniture and their animations and integrated them into ZAP ESM , Working on the newer Furniture now not including the milk machines cause I will work on them better later on without a rush they have too many animations with which need to be modified and exported 

Cheers

Very nice to hear that, i cant wait to get my hands on the results so i can try how it will work with the framework, and IF i need to make any changes to reflect the changes you are making.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Progress report...

Not really... sorry for not being around much lately, i've got some other work to do that takes significant portion of my time, so the progress is currently slow, but that will change again soon.

ANYONE, can you recommend some website where i could post a VIDEO, so you people can finally SEE something?

I just want to add, start with something small and extremely simple. Get that working and then reflect on what you did.

I do appreciate any advice, but i am not sure how to understand this one - could you rephrase it, i am not sure what exactly do you mean?

Maybe use an example?

hmm in order for this to work, first you direct a npc to the furniture(throne,bench,chair) the npc sit or lie down, after that you use some kind of script to stop the npc from leaving the furniture? after that you start a animation depending on player choice, for example, the npc lie down on the bench, and you say i let others have fun with you, so you need to select 2 males one which is you and the another is some nearby npc or your male follower by some kind of magic/spell and  after that  the script start a threesome bench animation after that? you will be using non-sexlab pack?

i have no experience in modding, i can say this is difficult 

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for not being around lately, and for not working on the mod. The mod is still alive, i just didn't have any time lately.

For the past month, my job in RL is consuming all my time, but i expect it to revert back to normal in one or two weeks, then i'll be back with some updates.

This is the first I've seen of this thread and I just want to offer my vocal support, since I am merely a player and not a coder. I'm hoping this framework encourages more animators (*cough* Leito *cough*) to make some more furniture animations. Like someone said... banging Lydia on a table in Breezehome would be awesome. In fact, I'd love to see bar stool sex, standing doggy at the fireplace mantle, banging against the wall, or even against a rail or fence in the Skyrim world outside of the homes.

The only issue I wonder about is, if suddenly horizontal surfaces like tables are used for sex, what happens to those props on them? They will probably go flying the minute the players snap to the location. While that might be dramatic and funny, your floor would be a permanent mess, lol.

• 1 month later...

I am really sorry for failed promises and a long delay.

Good news: i did NOT abandon this project.

Bad news: it was quite a long time i havent touched it, so obviously, not only i didnt made any progress during my absence, but i also completely forgot what issues i was working on, what works, what doesnt, and... well, where was i when i took my "time off" :)

Oh, and yeah... i am also having hard time to not spend all my free time playing Witcher 3, but fortunately i came to a point where i feel i need a break from it, so... here i am :)

So, right now i am going through the code, and my notes (almost as long as the code, but not so helpful as i hoped :)), and trying to remember what was i actually working on.

But first, since my last time here, i noticed there's a new version of FNIS, and ZaZ Animation Pack, and what not, so i'll have to install all these things on a clean game again, to see if any changes somehow interfere with my mod and what needs to be changed.

Hey Roggvir,this mod is dead?

Can you let us a download of your progress or maybe a video something,you promised progress few weeks but it was months since you last posted.

As i stated in my previous post, the mod is not dead - if i'd be to abandon it, i would at least release it as it is, so somebody else might take over (i want to make it available anyway soon, even unfinished, but right now its a real mess, so i want to do some cleanup first).

Regarding the video... as soon as i refresh my memory and probably fix some things here and there, i am gonna post something, but i cant say when (also, if you have any suggestion where should i upload the vid, that would be great, because i am not sure yet what would be the best place for that).

This is the first I've seen of this thread and I just want to offer my vocal support, since I am merely a player and not a coder. I'm hoping this framework encourages more animators (*cough* Leito *cough*) to make some more furniture animations. Like someone said... banging Lydia on a table in Breezehome would be awesome. In fact, I'd love to see bar stool sex, standing doggy at the fireplace mantle, banging against the wall, or even against a rail or fence in the Skyrim world outside of the homes.

The only issue I wonder about is, if suddenly horizontal surfaces like tables are used for sex, what happens to those props on them? They will probably go flying the minute the players snap to the location. While that might be dramatic and funny, your floor would be a permanent mess, lol.

Hmm, maybe we can get another modder to help with some tweaking of furniture used by this mod in order to make it " sexlab compatable? "

As in make certain types of furniture like tables clear of mugs, candles, food per once section of them and have the animations trigger and that spot?  Doing Lydia from behind againts a post in the Whiterun Inn would be great.  Maybe incorporate the " Followers can relax " mod I seen on nexus a while back that can make Lydia sit down at the bar stool and you take her from behind while she is sitting?

Archived