Skyrim seems a fairly big step above previous Bethesda games when it comes to the whole adult modding thing.

ChocoboDreams

Am I correct in this assumption? In a way I kind of want to go back and try New Vegas with mods but I've done that before, and I don't really recall those mods being anywhere near as dynamic as what I've experienced in Skyrim. I just built myself my first gaming PC and figured I'd give Skyrim a try, and I'm hooked, just like that my most anticipated game for the future is easily going to be whatever Bethesda comes up with next, and that's almost entirely because of modders like the awesome people on this site. 

But yeah, point was, is there any real need to go back and try any of the Fallout games or even Oblivion, or will it feel underwhelming after playing Skyrim? 

Not really a matter of which is better, simply whether or not it's worth going through the trouble of modifying New Vegas or Fallout 3 (took me days to get Skyrim to where it is now, but it was fun). I'm just as excited for Fallout 4 as the next person, especially if we get a lot of freedom with modifying it, though it's hard to not want another Elder Scrolls instead. 

Hmm. Personally, I went down the "Mod New Vegas for adult content" path not too long ago.

The core framework mods (SexOutNG, SCR, etc) seem to have improved significantly since I had originally mucked about with them. They performed better, had more features, and were much simpler to install.

The core framework aside, I found the experience to be fairly "lacking". Most of the mods that I tried seemed to be rather shallow, and limited in scope to "Have sex with / rape the PC, because it's the PC". There simply aren't as many modders working on the platform, and the mods that are present for the platform seem to be much more limited in scope. 

Overall though, if you like NV for it's non-adult aspects, give it a try. There are a few fun Sexout mods :). If the primary reason you're going to give it a try is for the adult elements, I'd give it a pass.

Hmm. Personally, I went down the "Mod New Vegas for adult content" path not too long ago.

The core framework mods (SexOutNG, SCR, etc) seem to have improved significantly since I had originally mucked about with them. They performed better, had more features, and were much simpler to install.

The core framework aside, I found the experience to be fairly "lacking". Most of the mods that I tried seemed to be rather shallow, and limited in scope to "Have sex with / rape the PC, because it's the PC". There simply aren't as many modders working on the platform, and the mods that are present for the platform seem to be much more limited in scope. 

Overall though, if you like NV for it's non-adult aspects, give it a try. There are a few fun Sexout mods :). If the primary reason you're going to give it a try is for the adult elements, I'd give it a pass.

This has been My experience when trying Adult Content in older Bethesda releases after being spoiled by Skyrim. I still enjoy actually playing Fallout 3 and New Vegas. My current New Vegas character is named Tiana (TIts ANd Ass), and was intended to be used for Sexout. She went into Dead Money in Hardcore Mode, and then some Modders got together and made Devious Devices.

well i hope for TES 6 would be TES online imported for offline mode like skyrim, and aof course with creation kit lolololol

Well i hope that TES VI come at all.

Why wouldn't it? TES is their main gravy train, an MMO isn't going to stop them.

I never really got the MMO fuss back when it was first announced and people were unhappy, I thought it could potentially be a good idea, but at this point it's hard not to join in. Most people say the Elder Scrolls MMO was just mediocre at best anyway, so long as Bethesda never goes that route again I will be happy. The day we don't have Elder Scrolls or Fallout games to look forward to in the future will be a sad day in gaming. 

well i hope for TES 6 would be TES online imported for offline mode like skyrim, and aof course with creation kit lolololol

Why wouldn't it? TES is their main gravy train, an MMO isn't going to stop them.

Well, there never was a Warcraft 4. I guess it all depends on how successful Elder Scrolls Online will be. If they make a lot of money with it, there will never be another single player game, they will just devote all their resources into making expansions and stuff. Maybe adding a monster catching an battling feature? lol

Well, there never was a Warcraft 4. I guess it all depends on how successful Elder Scrolls Online will be. If they make a lot of money with it, there will never be another single player game, they will just devote all their resources into making expansions and stuff. Maybe adding a monster catching an battling feature? lol

But you forgot that a different studio made the Elder Scrolls MMO... They are making ES VI for sure, just have to wait for Fallout 4 to finish so they can allocate resources to it.

But you forgot that a different studio made the Elder Scrolls MMO... They are making ES VI for sure, just have to wait for Fallout 4 to finish so they can allocate resources to it.

Probably, but what about diablo 3, it was delayed A LOT don't tell me Blizzard has only a few people working on all their games? I'm just saying, if the money is good, they will turn all their efforts on the MMO. But I don't think ESO will be that successful, so yeah you're right it will be another single player game.

I just wanted to bitch about fucking Blizzard cause I always wanted another Warcraft RTS game.

If there's one thing looking at the gaming industry over the last 15 years has taught me, it's that Blizzard is not a good example of "normal". WoW is a freak occurrence, and any franchise ramifications can't be readily applied to other franchises.

Out of curiosity, can you name any other franchises that stopped with an MMO? The only other one I can think of is Legacy of Kain what with that Nosgoth thing coming out, but LoK was pretty well dormant before that anyway, not even remotely what I would call an active and successful* franchise. So again any comparison falls short since Elder Scrolls has been a fairly consistently modern and successful franchise.

I would point out, though, as a counterpoint to my own argument, that Bethesda Softworks does publish ESO, meaning they do get some profit out of it, but ZeniMax Online is the developer. Bethesda's own development team isn't tied to it, though, and they don't reap all that they would from developing and publishing their own TES games.

*Not that it wasn't a successful franchise, just that it hasn't exactly been a huge hit in recent times.

If there's one thing looking at the gaming industry over the last 15 years has taught me, it's that Blizzard is not a good example of "normal". WoW is a freak occurrence, and any franchise ramifications can't be readily applied to other franchises.

Out of curiosity, can you name any other franchises that stopped with an MMO? The only other one I can think of is Legacy of Kain what with that Nosgoth thing coming out, but LoK was pretty well dormant before that anyway, not even remotely what I would call an active and successful* franchise. So again any comparison falls short since Elder Scrolls has been a fairly consistently modern and successful franchise.

I would point out, though, as a counterpoint to my own argument, that Bethesda Softworks does publish ESO, meaning they do get some profit out of it, but ZeniMax Online is the developer. Bethesda's own development team isn't tied to it, though, and they don't reap all that they would from developing and publishing their own TES games.

*Not that it wasn't a successful franchise, just that it hasn't exactly been a huge hit in recent times.

Maybe Star Wars TOR? I always wanted another KOTOR game. It was a freak cause it was very popular and under the same circumstances it can happen again. But I doubt that will be ESO. But imo., when ESVI is here is gonna suck. Cause they will have to regard all the lore and changes the MMO is doing unless they go for a prequel and we all know prequels aren't great story-wise. I mean we all know how it ends right? And how are they gonna dumb down the game even more? Who knows maybe they are going to remake morrowind or something.

Maybe Star Wars TOR? I always wanted another KOTOR game. It was a freak cause it was very popular and under the same circumstances it can happen again. But I doubt that will be ESO. But imo., when ESVI is here is gonna suck. Cause they will have to regard all the lore and changes the MMO is doing unless they go for a prequel and we all know prequels aren't great story-wise. I mean we all know how it ends right? And how are they gonna dumb down the game even more? Who knows maybe they are going to remake morrowind or something.

Why would they have to pay much attention to TESO lore? They didn't pay attention to it in Morrowind, Oblivion, or Skyrim, and those are set after TESO (3E, 3E, and 4E respectively, while TESO is in 2E.) If VI is set after Skyrim, they won't need to pay attention to the 2E time period any more than Morrowind, Oblivion, or Skyrim did.

I think it is just part of the natural progression of mods

Skyrim adult modding doesn't really start from zero.

Even though it can't just rip everything from all previous titles the basic ideas of what would be cool to have and how things should/could be done are borrow from the previous titles.

Why would they have to pay much attention to TESO lore? They didn't pay attention to it in Morrowind, Oblivion, or Skyrim, and those are set after TESO (3E, 3E, and 4E respectively, while TESO is in 2E.) If VI is set after Skyrim, they won't need to pay attention to the 2E time period any more than Morrowind, Oblivion, or Skyrim did.

What do you mean it didn't pay attention? Everything made sense to me and the games seem to follow a chronological pattern.

Oh except turning Dibella from the goddess of beauty in the goddess of whores. That one pissed me off.

What do you mean it didn't pay attention? Everything made sense to me and the games seem to follow a chronological pattern.

Oh except turning Dibella from the goddess of beauty in the goddess of whores. That one pissed me off.

What I mean is that the lore for TESO is essentially irrelevant to Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim. It's so long after the 2E time period that not all that much is remembered from the Second Era. What's remembered is how Tiber Septim united Tamriel and formed the Empire.

Let me put it this way:

2nd Era lasts 896 years until Tiber Septim forms the Empire. TESO is in year 582, 314 years before Tiber Septim unites Tamriel under the Empire.

3rd Era lasts 433 years.

4th Era is up to year 201 in Skyrim. 

So we have a total of 948 years between TESO and Skyrim. That's a really long time for stories and mythology to evolve so there's no need to get bogged down in the details of the lore from then.

Edit: Let's make this post a bit more productive and on topic, hm?

I'll explain my experience with Oblivion. I can echo some of the statements about FO:NV adult mods. The ones for Oblivion are generally quite stable. There's been a lot of effort put into them and they're pretty enjoyable by now, possibly due to the years of development time. I can't enjoy the game itself for very long without overhaul mods, though.

...But ESO lore couldn't be relevant to Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim. ESO lore didn't exist then - the lore was different before ESO retconned it, and Morrowid and Oblivion followed in accordance with that lore. It was made after Morrowind and Oblivion, and only concurrent with Skyrim for a little while.

As for Dibella, sex has always been a part of her sphere. Many of her followers circa Daggerfall went around topless as a matter of course. Oblivion was the departure, toning her down considerably for that T-for-Teen rating it had before the built-in bare breast texture was discovered and modded back in.

I don't recall her portrayal in Morrowind, or if she even was, but that's because that game was dealing almost exclusively with the Dunmer pantheon, not the Imperial Cult.

The next part of TES has already been announced, has it not? I believe I have read something about the "Blackmarsh". The online version will then be forgotten as some side work, and the bots will still grind every quest NPC until the servers have died.

As for the question, if one should still play other games from Beth: well, yes, why not? They are developed by different people, with different ideas. Personally, I played New Vegas for about 100 hours, without using any mods. Also got the Fallout 3 CE with the bobble head statue - I didn't like the ending (cause it was quite idiotic), but the bobble head makes it all worthwhile. The very approach with its own black humour is recommendable.

The next part of TES has already been announced, has it not? I believe I have read something about the "Blackmarsh". 

Source?

I'd be very impressed if Zenimax they decide to release another TES so soon after ESO and skipping Fallout.  That's not to say I wouldn't mind.

Eso was actually quite enjoyable till endgame and I really enjoyed the story being said with the f2p and console release and the total revamp of the VR system I think itll gain a boost for certain! Lets hope they keep it up!

I do think there will be a new fallout before a new tes thgh. My bf is a huge fan and I think I heard him talking about a while back. Also I do think I read something about blackmarch aswel. But cant remember for certain

Archived