Best guide for making skyrim look awesome?

Well, im up to my 5th time re-installing skyrim due to me messing it up while installing mods and it constantly crashing/generally being f****d up. I used Mod organiser last time but for some reason Sky-UI went weird and textures were disapearing everywhere. I tried deleting certain mods and reinstalling SKSE and SKY-UI but it was hopeless. I basically just wanted to know if there is a good guide that shows exactly what mods work well together to make skyrim look its best in a fantasy way? I found this already:

http://www.skyrim-beautification-project.com/index.htm

Has anyone used this before? Is it good?

I just dont want to screw it up again :)

Thanks for all your help in advance.

These are my computer specs:

Intel i3-4150 3.5ghz

8gb of RAM

GT 730 2gb of VRAM

STEP is a great guide for general sorting out of Skyrim,  the Skyrim Beautification Project is less anal about sticking to a higher fidelity vanilla look and more concentrated on just getting things looking a lot prettier.

But for a seriously intensive visual makeover,  I'd rate  SMCO above any other method I've ever tried. My poor PC nearly blew it's valves trying to run it, but a more up to date one could probably run the full on package without breaking much of a sweat. SMCO is about as good as it gets imo, a real top to bottom treat for the eyes. 

edit: just saw your specs, I'm no good at judging that but it looks not too far from mine. However, SMCO does run a 'lite' version which is still pretty awesome looking, you might well be fine with it. 

STEP is a bit of a problem when you send people there.

First of all you see the Mod Organizer description, which is around 50 pages long.

Then you see all the suggested mods, there are probably 1000 of them in the lists?

It's just way too much content in there by now. And so many mods just revolve around giving some quest NPC the correct outfit and other (in my opinion) useless crap.

STEP is a great guide for general sorting out of Skyrim,  the Skyrim Beautification Project is less anal about sticking to a higher fidelity vanilla look and more concentrated on just getting things looking a lot prettier.

One bad thing about SBP is that it's horribly out of date while STEP is maintained. SBP still lists SSME, uGrid changes, and several mods that have been integrated into USPK.

First of all you see the Mod Organizer description, which is around 50 pages long.

Then you see all the suggested mods, there are probably 1000 of them in the lists?

That's a wild exaggeration, but it would be good if a lot of non-USPK fixes were rolled into a single mod for convenience.

SKSE use latest version

TES5EDIT

LOOT

SKYUI

RACEMENU/ECE or whatever you prefer.

Live Another life.

Just follow strick load order (RealVision ENB nexus page is good start and very well done, most info you need(dont have to install RealVision at all(install another ENB if you wish just follow load order and the tips plus good info on what to do))

Also if thats till confusing look up some videos fro ghoper he explains it very well and understanding.

Use NMM its all load of crap what people say about NMM and use MO instead ive use both and NMM doing in many ways job better.

Make sure MODS work together.

MAX 253 MODS period.

READ the damn readme's

Use laters ENB 265 better support for parralax, unless a mod maker say other wise.

If you have a low end PC nomatter what you game will never look awesome like some have thats just MATH.

Use NMM its all load of crap what people say about NMM and use MO instead ive use both and NMM doing in many ways job better.

and in what ways nmm does a better job than mo?

i wasn't able to do that with nmm...

X3r0IqX.jpg

to get rid of some papyrus errors, i had to put back some files that got overrided

but the result is there, my last ctd was some weeks ago, and it was just a ram ctd

can't do much about it, in some places, with some outfits, against some ennemies, i will ctd

if i install a mod that kill my game, either i try to find the problem in the conflicts, either i remove the mods

if you install a mod that kill your game, what can you do about it?

One bad thing about SBP is that it's horribly out of date while STEP is maintained. SBP still lists SSME, uGrid changes, and several mods that have been integrated into USPK.

That's a wild exaggeration, but it would be good if a lot of non-USPK fixes were rolled into a single mod for convenience.

Yeah that's true enough. But it would be remiss not to mention one of the few really in depth graphic overhaul guides available, it's not like we're tripping over them. And I know quite a few people still use it. 

I've always used STEP core for my setups, their 'vanilla but better' ethos suits me, but I don't particularly use it for it's graphic enhancement so much as it's general coverage. But not everybody wants to settle for that, some folk want a really significant 'wow!' factor, and they're not going to get that from it imo.

SMCO is the most graphically bold I'd say, the finished result is very pretty. 

and in what ways nmm does a better job than mo?

i wasn't able to do that with nmm...

X3r0IqX.jpg

to get rid of some papyrus errors, i had to put back some files that got overrided

but the result is there, my last ctd was some weeks ago, and it was just a ram ctd

can't do much about it, in some places, with some outfits, against some ennemies, i will ctd

if i install a mod that kill my game, either i try to find the problem in the conflicts, either i remove the mods

if you install a mod that kill your game, what can you do about it?

This reply is not to try convince you to use NMM only to explain that NMM is ok and if you want to accept that or not is up to you if you like MO and think its a lot better then feel free to use it im not here to preach anything.

Try find post from me more then year ago before the memory patch and you will never find a post from me i have any problems with CTD or mod problems i could not solve. All my replys where about helping others having problems.

I Use NMM because the problems majority have, i never had.

Knowledge you have, is what makes it work better not always the tools.

I did an extensive research on how whole modding works before i started modding.

But i know what im doing and have the time to carefully install everything make sure all mods are compatible and conflic's solved because i know how to deal with these problems.

These days with momory patch and tool and most mods are better made, NMM is no problem at all anymore.

Most problems occur because people don´t know what there doing use wrong mods or don´t have mods to prevent these troubles.

MO is in many ways better concerning clean skyrim map and manage mods better but if you dont have problem with manually doing a lot NMM doing the job just fine.

I use NMM for 2 years now and never had any problems. Problems i had still excisted also with MO like memory or or  people dont know what there doing background programs causing crashes low end machines that can´t handle enb´s or to many mods to many scripted mods.

Many topics with problems where people still use MO lol.

Skyrim is badly made with bugs and CTD will happen if you use NMM or MO it don't matter so do not always blame the programs for it blame bethesda who released a game full of bugs and badly made for PC.

Many of those problems will occur in your game if you use NMM or MO it don´t matter.

It´s also prefference.

I must say NMM has improved a lot compare to a year ago.

2 years ago i had over 200+ mods installed and today still over 200+mods installed and never had huge problems with using NMM.

Use MO and be happy about it. Im using NMM even if im the only one left, i never follow the others i do what i like not what mass want if it works for me i stick with it and NMM works for me :)

Go ahead use MO if that workes for you ;)

Archived