RaceMenu Background

crudo

Is there a mod that alters the background and environment when you use "showracemenu" command?  In particular when you first start the game.  The lighting is so orangy-yellow that I can't tell what color the skin of my character and other little details.

Thanks.

Alternate Start - Live Another Life completely overhauls the game start. After clicking "New Game" in the main menu, you will immediately find yourself in a dark prison cell next to a torch, and can create your character. Then choose to play the Helgen Escape like in the base game, or pick an alternate start.

RaceMenu is a total overhaul of the character creation, adds a bright white light which works perfect with "Live Another Life".

ShowRaceMenu Alternative is an important fix if you ever want to edit your character later in the game, so your stats don't get reset.

Thanks, guk.  I think I may have worded my question wrong.  I also realize I posted in the wrong section, this should be non-adult mod but I'll finish my thoughts here.

I've used all those mods above except Alternative, that looks interesting.  All I'm looking for is a mod that takes you to a place with a neutral background and lighting so I can tell what I'm doing when choosing tints and skin colors.  The beginning in particular is so terribly orange/yellow that I can't reliably make any edits.

For what it's worth I use ECE over RaceMenu.

Thanks, guk.  I think I may have worded my question wrong.  I also realize I posted in the wrong section, this should be non-adult mod but I'll finish my thoughts here.

I've used all those mods above except Alternative, that looks interesting.  All I'm looking for is a mod that takes you to a place with a neutral background and lighting so I can tell what I'm doing when choosing tints and skin colors.  The beginning in particular is so terribly orange/yellow that I can't reliably make any edits.

For what it's worth I use ECE over RaceMenu.

The biggest difference usually is in Dragonsreach and in front of Dragonsreach. Try to make your character look good in both. :)

(I do suggest using RM though)  :angel:

Plenty of places are good:

> Review Studio (simple black / green / white / whatever background with medium ambient light)

post-134589-0-01870700-1420559731_thumb.jpg

Following are more for digital art, but i also design characters in there:

Nausicaa Photo Studio (this one has lots of features, you can for example get a forge in there and change room color / light / background / studio furniture through SKSE)

post-134589-0-20346000-1420559813_thumb.pngpost-134589-0-37108800-1420559895_thumb.png

Aether Suite (HUGE place with millions of rooms and things)

post-134589-0-80165900-1420560336_thumb.pngpost-134589-0-04623100-1420560485_thumb.png

Pretty much any place that doesn't have vanilla lighting and all the distracting stuff in the background ;)

Thanks again, guk and also Muramasa66.  Those are all good options.  None of them address my biggest complaint, I was hoping for a replacer when I'm first generating the character.  Those dang orange lights really mess me up.  It's better with ECE because the mod actually gives you alternate lighting choices where RaceMenu has light on/off only.

I'm going to check out RaceMenu Alternative a bit more closely, that one may be a replacer but it still has lot's of background interference.

Much appreciated.

SRM Alternative doesn't change the game start as far as i know, you definitely want "Live Another Life". Just note that ECE has such a crappy camera that you can't see yourself in there unless you zoom in - while in RaceMenu you can move the camera freely, turn your character 360°, and use poses with respective pose mods installed.

And the lighting in the LAL cell, together with RM's white light, is perfect as you can see exactly what the character REALLY looks like; not like this cozy candlelight that smoothes out everything.

This greatly depends on your ENB though, if you use one of the ultra-cinematic fantasy presets with massive bloom, you'll never see a proper representation of your character.

And the next thing is how ECE changes the whole game, it's like buying a chewing gum but getting the bill for the whole store. Never noticed how your vanilla races suddenly look like from a bad drawn manga, even with the "compatible" version installed?

Guk, not sure what you mean about ECE changing the whole game. I've tried both RaceMenu (3.0) and ECE and simply prefer ECE's elegant interface. It just works better for me. There are three camera zooms, which are plenty and three or four different light options. The only drawback is no rotating character. However, I digress, to each their own.

I also use Skyrim Unbound over LAL. I've tried both and prefer Unbound though LAL has some fun starts.

I also don't use any ENB's, URWL and ELFX coupled with Dynavision and the Imaginator make the game as pretty as I like.

Again these are just my preferences. So once again thanks to you and all that have contributed. I'll just muddle through the beginning character creation screen.

Just note that ECE has such a crappy camera that you can't see yourself in there unless you zoom in - while in RaceMenu you can move the camera freely

you can move the camera in ece...

and if so many are switching to racemenu recently, that's because it only got better recently...

some tools are even made to help put those ece heads in racemenu

so all those bad draw manga heads are coming to racemenu!!!

is that a bad drawn manga head?

2wB7BxF.jpg

CnhDFbj.jpg

Archived