3ds Max NOT WORKING - 0xc000007b Error???

From what I've heard at college, when your subscription is up, just renew, with the same email. It's just what I heard, but he told me your student email doesn't get deleted right away, if ever, so you may be able to use it again, but it just won't let you log on to the school's servers or website with it. I heard it can be renewed for as long as you're still a student.

No promises, as he may be full of shit, but he claims to have done it, and looked all serious when he said it n' stuff, so I suppose giving it a try is better than sitting there doing nothing. :P

I have the same thing going on, and mine expires right after I graduate. Without it, I'm utterly doomed. Especially since I'll be a pro when I graduate...I'll be able to use it easily, and then it will disappear, unless this guy was right about the student email thing.

If you've tried that already, and it didn't work, I'll have to ask more questions at school tomorrow. This information is critical to me. I sure as hell won't be able to pay over a thousand dollars for it when I graduate with a $65,000 student loan to repay.

Okay - Autodesk never even bothered to reply to the email they requested I send containing the requested details to the requested address, so I had to go back & re-download a new student copy of 3dsmax 2012 with new serial & key, and install...

... and now I just get the "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application" error. I cannot run 3dsMax at all.

Uninstalling & reinstalling does not help. Google does not help. Too many solutions to too many instances of this problem across too many programs and platforms.

Does anyone know how to fix this????? :(

• 1 month later...

I am getting the same 0xc00007b error with my new education license of 3ds Max 2015.  My OS is Windows 8.1.

Uninstall and reinstall half a dozen times and still no go.  Did a ton of Google and nothing helped.  Ran a trace using depends22 utility and it's missing a bunch of dll that many said are MS Visual Studio issue.  Uninstall and reinstall half a dozen time of that too and still getting the error.  Spent two days on this already.

post-426031-0-48410300-1424852925_thumb.png

Thanks

EDIT: I finally fixed it by using an utility called DirectX Repair from China.  This is NOT MS's own DirectX Diagnostics.  It's a misnomer since the utility checks C++ environment as well.  Funny thing is the utility found no issues with my setup and attempted no repair yet after I ran the utility 0xc00007b error disappeared and 3ds MAX starts successfully.  

Archived