How does one adjust weapon distance from armor?

conglaciatus1

I know there's a way to do this, but I have no idea what to google for it and my current attempts have proven fruitless - anyways, I am bashing together a complete armor replacer set for females atm, but some of the weapons float/clip - is there a way to adjust each weapon type individually, or is it a universal value that applies to every weapon on the armor? As well, some weapons sheathes have straps that do not align with anything in particular on the armor... how does one safely remove the strap from the weapon nif without breaking stuff?

Also - If you do know how to do any of this and feel like telling me, explain it to me as if I'm a complete idiot (pls), as I have no idea how this weapon position stuff works :P

Thanks in advance

With HDT and an xml that includes the weapon bones, you can adjust the joint settings to move the weapons closer or further from the body. But if you want to tweak individual armors, you'll have to open the esp in creation kit, find the AA record, then adjust the armor offset there. I spent so many weeks doing that that I refuse to upgrade anything now.

So what is the easiest way to edit distances for different armors?

Creation kit 

However - I do not see how to adjust individual weapon type distances in CK (Unless I'm just plain not understanding, I only see one editable value, no matter where I look).

If I were to adjust these things via nifskope, is there some sort of guide on doing this or something, as I don't want to totally screw everything up, as I have never edited skeleton info before...

Ck-  weapon nodes depend on skeletal bone placement distance from body 

Nifskope - might be hard for a beginner )) 

Thats why Ck is easy and other is harder, harder is more accurate.I dont know where to get info, i learned myself when made hdt stuff.,   

Ck-  weapon nodes depend on skeletal bone placement distance from body 

attachicon.gifБезымянный.jpg

Nifskope - might be hard for a beginner )) 

attachicon.gif2jpg.jpg

Thats why Ck is easy and other is harder, harder is more accurate.I dont know where to get info, i learned myself when made hdt stuff.,   

Alrighty, Thanks mate! - On a side note, do you know if I can simply open up a weapon in outfit studio and delete the strap off of it, or will that break the weapon? I've never tried, but it's on my to-do list...

Archived