Can't download anything from LL.

aabirin

I've actually been having an issue with downloads for a few weeks now, just assumed this was still a problem being worked on.  Few exceptions though which has allowed me to get by.

1.  Can't download anything above 1 MB (on the download page, goes through the 20 sec countdown then errors).

2.  Can download anything when links to the download are posted on the support topics instead of the download page.

That speed is.....well....pretty slow.  It is possible that you are simply timing out due to how slow the speed is.  Ashal may be able to tell you more.

Hey I'm not getting any answers on my post. Is there an issue with the site or is it just me? I haven't had issues before downloading and now all the sudden I am. Is there a required minimum download speed?

Mine's 0.16 mbps.

orr like 45 kbs (averaging 45 on every other website I download things from)

• 3 weeks later...

Just joined. I was getting a 503 error to sign in so I decided to go the Twitter route and it worked. I tried to flush the dns, change the browser and so on... Now I'm getting the #10850.2 error page to get the framework itself (the first file I need for the skyrim sex mod). Does LL have any issues with OpenDNS and its basic malware filters or something?

edit: tried google public dns and it did not work. I don't know if it's a server issue but in any case you could and should add a torrent link to take the load off your own servers and give people an alternative to the direct download. If you absolutely want people to register make it so the link is only visible to registered people.

In any case, I don't want to seem some idiot just arriving and complaining, I'm just pointing the issue that's preventing me from acessing a work that seems to be great from what I could see from the site. Thanks for the support.

edit 2: I should mention that no download is working not only the framework.

edit 3: After some resistance I decided to try the dreaded Internet Explorer. It's working. I don't know why it's happening, I had everything allowed under chrome and firefox. Well, it happens.

I'm having the exact same problem. I've downloaded dozens of mods here before without issue, but now it consistently throws an error message at me and nothing downloads. I use Chrome by default, but I tried on IE and Firefox with the same results. Tried some suggestions/solutions I found floating around here - including clearing my DNS cache, cookies, deactivating my anti-virus program [Avast! by default], using alternate browsers - and I get the same error every time. My internet speed has never been an issue trying to download files here before, so I'm not sure what might have changed now to make that the problem.

Shame this issue has cropped up so unexpectedly. I was looking forward to updating a couple of my mods.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having the same problem, the download section starts its countdown ( 20sec, I remember it being 30sec before ) and then sends me on an error page [#1087991]

I've been able to reproduce the same resulst no matter what mod, no matter what size.

I am trying to download zaz animation pack and nsap animations by Rydin but constantly get a [#10850.1]  Error -Sorry, We couldn't find that. Not sure why this is happening I have tried everything in this thread to fix this issue but still cannot download them. I have downloaded several mods in the past including the framework and had no issues now suddenly I cant download anything. Some help here would be greatly appreciated. 

I went through all the hoops from the DNS flushing, new browser, disabling my av, several different locations and also different computers, even so far as to make a second LL account. my issues are the same as the above ones with the 1 megabyte size limit. Obviously been awhile already, but is their an eta on when it will be fixed?

-from your loving carrige driver, Bjorlamb

• 2 months later...

You would be surprised at how close I actually am to that. :(

So I'm the only person having this problem? It seems some files download fine, while others just outright refuse to download. It's very disparaging.

Archived