Can't download anything from LL.

aabirin

Yes!  I cannot download any files under maybe 1meg from the download section.  I receive the 25Kb empty zip file- nothing else.  If the download is in forum, I can download it with no problem.  LAPF extender?  Huh- no chance.  It is really getting tiring for me.  I have also tried downloading various ways and times to no avail.   vixengamer

I just talked to Velrav on another thread and then I tried to download a file that is 18.00+- MB in size.

It was downloaded smoothly and I checked the size of the file in my computer to make sure it matched the original size, and it is the same.

Then, as I was checking this thread, I tried another one, 54 MB +  and it worked.

It seems that it as resolved, at least on my side.

EDIT: Yep, double-checked and was able to uncompress the files too, so, they are not corruptd.

I still experience the same problem.  Small files seem to never download from the download menu.  If the creator of the mod places it in dialogue, I seem to experience no problem.  However, if I attempt to download a smaller file from the download menu, this is what i get- a 25Kb empty zip file. Large files seem to download (seems to be over 1Mg, but not sure).  I get a different warning though.  When I get the 'oops' warning, I am happy because there is a much better chance that after waiting the 20 seconds, the download will actuallly happen.  Once again, you should note the size of the mod that will actually download. See attached:

Anyway, I appreciate your concern and mods that you have done.  I am in no way a modder.  I am a simple player, and I wanted you to see what a simple player experiences.  Thank you, vixengamer

post-366715-0-55882200-1422327854_thumb.png

post-366715-0-37135600-1422327881_thumb.png

I still experience the same problem. Small files seem to never download from the download menu. If the creator of the mod places it in dialogue, I seem to experience no problem. However, if I attempt to download a smaller file from the download menu, this is what i get- a 25Kb empty zip file. Large files seem to download (seems to be over 1Mg, but not sure). I get a different warning though. When I get the 'oops' warning, I am happy because there is a much better chance that after waiting the 20 seconds, the download will actuallly happen. Once again, you should note the size of the mod that will actually download. See attached:

Anyway, I appreciate your concern and mods that you have done. I am in no way a modder. I am a simple player, and I wanted you to see what a simple player experiences. Thank you, vixengamer

Just stay put until we get some news, I'm sure it's getting fixed.

It seems to be an intermitent problem. I was able to download three or four files the day I posted about downloads working, but the next file I tried to download that same day started to get the same problem of incomplete download.

Today, too.

I hope it can be fixed soon.

To not make yet another post:

It is quite inconvenient that one cannot set a proper download manager onto the task of DLing the LL mods (with 'Resume' function!), or have the DL page offer a 'Download to Dropbox instead' option.

It usually seems to work in the dead of night for me, but then keels over and dies. When one has a traffic limit before the throttle kicks in, it is extremely annoying, since the failed downloads STILL consume traffic.

post-366715-0-02815100-1423804057_thumb.pngI have asked a few modders to place their smaller mods in the Forum.  Some of them have been kind enough to do so.  From the Forum, I have experienced no diffulties- even for the smaller yet crucial mods that make our game so immersive.

Anyway, this is a result of download attempts for FONV:

I still experience the same problem.  Small files seem to never download from the download menu.  If the creator of the mod places it in dialogue, I seem to experience no problem.  However, if I attempt to download a smaller file from the download menu, this is what i get- a 25Kb empty zip file. Large files seem to download (seems to be over 1Mg, but not sure).  I get a different warning though.  When I get the 'oops' warning, I am happy because there is a much better chance that after waiting the 20 seconds, the download will actuallly happen.  Once again, you should note the size of the mod that will actually download. See attached:

Anyway, I appreciate your concern and mods that you have done.  I am in no way a modder.  I am a simple player, and I wanted you to see what a simple player experiences.  Thank you, vixengamer

The screen capture seems to show that since you are a newer member you have a bandwith restriction. This allows you to download mods but can't download many at once or right after each other. Wait the 20 seconds etc as requested in the comment and try again.

Hmmm...   ok, thanks, Shrink Ray.   I didn't know that.  Still, I could not download a lot of files until just now.  It's amazing!  I downloaded files of all sizes without any problems, without any 'OOPS!', without any empty zip files.  I had real problems with small files in particular, such as Approach, Attract, Zynth animations, etc.  But my downloads are wonderful today!

post-366715-0-67769900-1424085309_thumb.png

I believe you also aren't being asked to wait anymore. It is a small number of post / time or something along those lines from what I read. When I started this wasn't the case. I believe I stil had to wait for a number of post before changing my Profile Picture and title. Then again it could have been me not knowing what I was doing :D. I believe these things are preventative measure against spam bots.

Hi!  First, I must say how much I love your work.  

OK-  Today is 2/21/2015 here(Singapore time).  In reply to your query about download problems...

Please see my download list.  There were no difficulties experienced, regardless of file size.  I experienced no "OOPS!" alerts, and as you can see, even the smallest of files downloaded without any empty zip files.  I have no idea what you did, and it would make me comatose to listen to the explanation- but I thank you whole heartedly.   your fan, vixengamer

post-366715-0-07707400-1424500317_thumb.png

Hello fellow modders,

My problem is a bit different. I'm stationed in Korea right now and they have bans on many different websites LL being one of them. I found a proxy server to run LL but it's not letting me download anything. I've Tried Explorer and Chrome to no avail. It'll either give me a blank page when I press download or it'll start a loop back to the mod's main page. If anyone has any advice whatsoever I'm open to all suggestions.

Hello fellow modders, My problem is a bit different. I'm stationed in Korea right now and they have bans on many different websites LL being one of them. I found a proxy server to run LL but it's not letting me download anything. I've Tried Explorer and Chrome to no avail. It'll either give me a blank page when I press download or it'll start a loop back to the mod's main page. If anyone has any advice whatsoever I'm open to all suggestions.

I tried once with LL and a proxy that was free and couldn't do this as well. I seem to think it had something to do with Java and such turned off or blocked by the proxy. Might need to get one of those paid proxies that are being used by many others in Korea. If you can't get some answers here perhaps post a new tech support thread asking for help from other members here that are from Korea or other places what need to use Proxies. Also check the service and make sure they aren't blocking any content as well.

Archived