ENB Comparison Shots 2.0

ao2thend

Damn, version 2 is a large download. But I'm grabbing it, and having a look.

edit: wow thanks for sharing. Each one was so dramatically different from the others, all having strengths and weaknesses in certain areas. I don't think there's any overall best, they're all pretty equally matched on visuals some taking up more or less resources than another.

Yes its a big download and yes they all have different strengths.  The first ENB to have "all the bases covered" will be the greatest ENB ever.  Sadly, that means something different to each person, so no ENB will be able to achieve that.  

Far better to know how to tweak and change the ENB to fit your own style then wait for the one that's "perfect." 

I was afraid there'd be some kind of issue with mediafire.  Did you that whole "type in the words on screen" thing?  I've tested it twice now and it works.  

Well the page is at least loading now within ~10 seconds, but the download speed says "8 days 12 hours remaining", so if it works fine for you then there probably is a bandwith issue from Mediafire <-> EU

MF usually runs with 0.5-2.0 MB/sec for me.

...That's a long frigging time.  Well I could put this up on the Nexus or maybe put it up in the download section her on LL.  I could also put it up on a different site like Mega if you think that would help. 

Other then those options, I got nothing.  

I was thinking; (not always a good thing...) But you wanted input on which shots best showed off each? IMO 1, 2, 3 and 10 really had the most impact for me on lighting and contrast of each.

You did a really good job, (I was looking through them again this morning.  :lol: )

Yes its a big download and yes they all have different strengths.  The first ENB to have "all the bases covered" will be the greatest ENB ever.  Sadly, that means something different to each person, so no ENB will be able to achieve that.  

Far better to know how to tweak and change the ENB to fit your own style then wait for the one that's "perfect." 

It was more of a broad reply when people just blindly recommend something like K ENB or Somber right away. 

Personally neither were even top 3, in each given scenario in your screen selection, for me. K ENB's lens effects were grandiose though.

Mistveil Autumn/Winter and Seasons True HDR used to be my personal favorites a long time ago, but they were looking unappealing in many of the chosen scenarios. 

Serenity appeared amazing outdoors in snowy landscapes.

Rudy was looking as good as ever, and NLA still has the weather I like.

M ENB looked awesome for a painting, and HRK still has a solid pastel look to it that I like. Noir was very stylistic. 

I was thinking; (not always a good thing...) But you wanted input on which shots best showed off each? IMO 1, 2, 3 and 10 really had the most impact for me on lighting and contrast of each.

You did a really good job, (I was looking through them again this morning.  :lol: )

#10 was probably my favorite in terms of a screenshot.  I might put two sets up there (maybe an indoor and outdoor one like #1 and #2) if folks think its a good idea.  

And thanks for the complement.  I wanted to show these ENB's in a good manner.  Too many comparison shots have vanilla textures or look really bland.  Its kind of hard to decide what ENB to use when the shots all look lame.  Hopefully I succeeded in showing the ENB's in a positive manner.  

It was more of a broad reply when people just blindly recommend something like K ENB or Somber right away. 

Personally neither were even top 3, in each given scenario in your screen selection, for me. K ENB's lens effects were grandiose though.

Mistveil Autumn/Winter and Seasons True HDR used to be my personal favorites a long time ago, but they were looking unappealing in many of the chosen scenarios. 

Serenity appeared amazing outdoors in snowy landscapes.

Rudy was looking as good as ever, and NLA still has the weather I like.

M ENB looked awesome for a painting, and HRK still has a solid pastel look to it that I like. Noir was very stylistic. 

The ENB's overall look really depends on the focus the author puts into it.  That's why its hard to recommend an ENB to someone.  

That is my main problem with a lot of ENBs.

Its like Mc Donalds photoshopping their hamburgers to look delicious and huge and perfectly made.

When you get it, they are tiny with little meat, taste disgusting and made really lazily.

Likewise, take Serenity/Tranquility ENB. He goes in and personally edits his own ENB and takes screenshots. But when you download them, they look nothing like his screenshots because essentially (I doubt he did, but same thing really) he photoshops his screenshots to look better to get more views and downloads. A lot of ENB creators do that, release lackluster settings and personally greatly enhance them for screenshots...so what the downloader get and what is in the screenshots by the author are two totally different things.

Depends on your system also.

But what alot of people forget is a ENB is not alone what makes it look great the textures weather rocks water plants and trees ext. Plus using just DoF or Dynavision.

Most also show clear screenshots or videos which i dont like its unrealistic.

It the complete build whats makes it look great not only the ENB.

Most authors make screenshots with all the bells and wishles but not realy tell most of time what they all have installed.

Thats why many when install a ENB have complete different look then the ENB maker shows in his screenshots or video.

My preference go to UNKO-Tamriel reloaded(best ever ROCK-MOUNTAIN texture by far)-Seasons of Skyrim-Rudy-vividian. But with amny other mods so its complete and make it awesome.

Being an ENB noob (And a beginner) myself, this has been a great way in deciding the ENB I'd would stick with. And thus I cannot thank you enough for your work.

Which ENB from the comparisons did you decide on?

I had my mind on one of those four: Tranquility, Seasons of Skyrim, Tundra (Chilly) and Rudy. The author of Tranquility took it out right before I was going to download it by like an hour to do some bugfixing.

Being an ENB noob (And a beginner) myself, this has been a great way in deciding the ENB I'd would stick with. And thus I cannot thank you enough for your work.

I had my mind on one of those four: Tranquility, Seasons of Skyrim, Tundra (Chilly) and Rudy. The author of Tranquility took it out right before I was going to download it by like an hour to do some bugfixing.

Damn fine choices. I took another look over those, all good. I've been using Rudy NLA for a long time, so I got the bias on that, but Tundry(Chilly) has some very great looks. There were at least two from each one you mentioned, that made me want to switch out for one of them hehe.

It's sorta hard when you're testing new Enb presets and switching forth and back, on account of your eyes adjusting to new lighting and so on. AND if you're like me, you completely forget what you just saw in the last lighted area to the next.

This is a great archive and one I'm betting will be referenced by anyone looking for defining side-by-side comparisons. 'Specially if you're new to Enb, the whole thing is just daunting looking for something that suits your needs. 

Thanks very much.

Damn fine choices. I took another look over those, all good. I've been using Rudy NLA for a long time, so I got the bias on that, but Tundry(Chilly) has some very great looks. There were at least two from each one you mentioned, that made me want to switch out for one of them hehe.

It makes me happy to know that my choices kinda makes someone else wanna try them.  :P

It's sorta hard when you're testing new Enb presets and switching forth and back, on account of your eyes adjusting to new lighting and so on. AND if you're like me, you completely forget what you just saw in the last lighted area to the next.

This is a great archive and one I'm betting will be referenced by anyone looking for defining side-by-side comparisons. 'Specially if you're new to Enb, the whole thing is just daunting looking for something that suits your needs. 

Thanks very much.

I cannot agree enough on this being a great archive.

Problem with most ENB presets is that DoF is tuned for screen archery and not for playing. This and the abuse of bloom and sharpen.

The Wilds included a massive pack of DoF settings from Kyo; I used an ultrafast preset from that pack which doesn't impact performance and make things too blurry.

• 2 weeks later...

It's under a new name called Tranquility.

Nothing comes up searching that name and googling Tranquility enb takes me to the Serenity page

"The file you requested was not found in our database."

Doesn't matter though, I was able to acquire it...and it took a shit on my frame rate.

Archived